Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So we ever gonna get a working discord link or what

Also is there anything worth getting the AK/CAR mod pack for these days
I dunno why the last one I posted expired, but maybe I needed to fiddle with the settings? Try this one, I changed the settings and it has 6 hours: https://discord.gg/R7Efp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
http://i.imgur.com/sSUzvfu.mp4

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hey, that's pretty rad!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Should have made the hair flop over to see a horrible bald spot when you run.

Also the new Grenade Launcher seems to have really lovely aim from the sights. I always miss the snipers for miles trying to aim at them unless they're on a very easy to hit ledge.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So that happened.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Thankfully he's actually #notmypresident so putting one of the targeting reticle patterns on the mask isn't going to land me in gitmo.

I think. :ohdear:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
What is the key on rats? I've never heard of keys

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's related to the side jobs for the new DLC.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

swims posted:

What is the key on rats? I've never heard of keys

Its the new packages. They'll just be these weird colored straps that look like medals or a box with some color on it. If you have the DLC it unlocks stuff, but I don't think you can get XP or maybe even find it without the DLC maybe?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

There are at least 2 or three locations on each day. Rats Day 2 it's been reported on the kitchen counter in one of the apartments, and occupying the same space as a safe spawn (folks could still pick it up, though).

Yeah, for a third location on Rats 1: On top of the microwave in the kitchen.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Drewjitsu posted:

Thankfully he's actually #notmypresident so putting one of the targeting reticle patterns on the mask isn't going to land me in gitmo.

I think. :ohdear:

Bad news, the hair totally fucks up with the target.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Bad news, the hair totally fucks up with the target.

OVERKILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :argh:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the anarchist perk deck good? I'm tempted to buy the DLC for it. Not sure what else I want. Maybe the China puff? Car/AK for the DMR mods? I usually use an ICTV and shotguns, but I want to branch out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is the anarchist perk deck good? I'm tempted to buy the DLC for it. Not sure what else I want. Maybe the China puff? Car/AK for the DMR mods? I usually use an ICTV and shotguns, but I want to branch out.
I mostly play Overkill difficulty and I think The China Puff is amazing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Just came back from T-givin' and it looks like they dropped some fun stuff.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Anarchist owns. China Puff owns. DMRs are alright, but largely skippable I think.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What do people do for Mayhem/DW/1D primaries if not DMRs? A sniper rifle? Shotguns?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You can roll with all sorts of stuff on MH/DW, 1D much less so but even that isn't necessarily as restrictive as people think. Instead of a DMR you can just use the M308 and get largely the same performance. IIRC, the only big advantage DMRs have is the ability to use quadstack mags.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

My problem with the M308 is the laser sights are misaligned so I miss way too many shots in close range. I'm farming Dozer kills to see if the G3 is different.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What do people do for Mayhem/DW/1D primaries if not DMRs? A sniper rifle? Shotguns?

I use the Breaker shotgun (Biker pack) or akimbo Interceptors. Thanatos is also a good primary. Alternatively, people still use bows despite the nerf.

Best thing about new update: finally, flashbangs test a player's skill rather than luck.

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 26, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

You can roll with all sorts of stuff on MH/DW, 1D much less so but even that isn't necessarily as restrictive as people think. Instead of a DMR you can just use the M308 and get largely the same performance. IIRC, the only big advantage DMRs have is the ability to use quadstack mags.

DMRs can use the hilariously fast speedpull mags from the new DLC.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I think that dmr's are really competitive with the m308 now, due to the fast pull mags.

pigeonchest bill
Dec 7, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Yeah, for a third location on Rats 1: On top of the microwave in the kitchen.

As a fourth, I found mine on the washer in the basement.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

DMRs can use the hilariously fast speedpull mags from the new DLC.

Drewjitsu posted:

I think that dmr's are really competitive with the m308 now, due to the fast pull mags.

Oh, cool!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Trump hates Mondays.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I'm away from my computer or reasonable internet for a few days.

A) What's in the new dlc?
B) Do you need to do anything for the Trump mask? Or does it just grab your inventory right in the shuriken on boot?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Lyrai posted:

I'm away from my computer or reasonable internet for a few days.

A) What's in the new dlc?
B) Do you need to do anything for the Trump mask? Or does it just grab your inventory right in the shuriken on boot?

A. The DLC is:
1 a collection of fairly excellent mods (all unlimited), the standouts being:

- Speed-reloading magazines for several weapons that are a straight upgrade almost always,
- Horizontal-spreading barrel extension for shotguns,
- A very nice rangefinder sight and a red dot angled sight for snipers,
- Several mods that used to be only used by enemies.
2 A new, really fun secondary GL called the Arbiter. It does less damage than the China Puff, but loads faster, flies much faster, and has better ammo recovery. Probably garbage on the top difficulties. To unlock it, though, requires completing...
3 4 new side jobs involving finding 2 keys and a case in each of 4 multi-day jobs- Framing Frame, Firestarter, Rats and Big Oil. One item per day (except 2 keys on day 1 Big Oil), mostly pretty easy to find. Also unlocks a fun set of masks and some ok patterns and materials.

B. The Trump and MAGA Trump masks appear in your inventory.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bug for you, Vox. The Mac-10 reload stat is not accuratly reflecting the reduction with the speed pull mags. (it should be 1.7 or so)

Speaking of, the Speedloaders make some SMG's really loving rediculous. Looking at the mac-10 and the Akimbo Heathers, which have a one second reload from an empty mag, and a sub one second reload from a tactical reload. That seems like it might be useful.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Drewjitsu posted:

Bug for you, Vox. The Mac-10 reload stat is not accuratly reflecting the reduction with the speed pull mags. (it should be 1.7 or so)

Root cause already reported. Fun fact- the reload stats are based on length of animation.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Root cause already reported. Fun fact- the reload stats are based on length of animation.

Stacking all the reload buffing skills (which is probably diminishing returns, to be honest) makes those SMG's absolutly hilarious to watch.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Drewjitsu posted:

Stacking all the reload buffing skills (which is probably diminishing returns, to be honest) makes those SMG's absolutly hilarious to watch.

This is the reason I'm gonna buy this DLC. Add in Lock'n'Load and I can't imagine what the mac-10 reload would look like.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

The Mac-10 is a goddamn tack driver with 100 stability. Absolutely zero climb.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The Hollywood heist, which has been leaking into files for about a year, looks to be in the home stretch, as a bunch of new files are being added in each update, including new cubemaps. It appears to include a raid on a mansion full of movie memorabilia, a dockyard, a lot of fire, and a new weapon based on the pulse rifle from the Alien series. Tony Montana may or may not be co-related to the heist.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Drewjitsu posted:

The Mac-10 is a goddamn tack driver with 100 stability. Absolutely zero climb.

If you appreciate guns with zero climb I'd encourage you to try out a 100 stability CMP. It's good fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

The Hollywood heist, which has been leaking into files for about a year, looks to be in the home stretch, as a bunch of new files are being added in each update, including new cubemaps. It appears to include a raid on a mansion full of movie memorabilia, a dockyard, a lot of fire, and a new weapon based on the pulse rifle from the Alien series. Tony Montana may or may not be co-related to the heist.

Jiro's son is a Cuban Refugee?!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Crabtree posted:

Jiro's son is a Cuban Refugee?!

Different heist.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does the gold bar not spawn on 1d Four Stores? I've cleared that thing like four times now and haven't found it for the daily.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Does the gold bar not spawn on 1d Four Stores? I've cleared that thing like four times now and haven't found it for the daily.

It does, I think the odds are the same on all difficulties. You may want to try a lower one in case it causes more safes to spawn.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah it only spawns in small safes, I believe. The huge safe that appears in the Pear, Coffee, or China shops always has a bunch of loose cash, and the locker safe in the back of the convenience store always has a baggable set of jewelry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

With the steam sale I finally have the biker heist. Day 2 is extremely my poo poo.