Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Imperialism is bad right? Or is it colonialism? Both?

it's both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Arghy please change your avatar

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

All these posts you're making aren't really helping your case. Maybe you should lay down for a nap and see how you feel a little later!

this is a pretty brutal own

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Please don't own people America fought a civil war against this concept

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

this is a pretty brutal own

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homework Explainer posted:

this would not be the brutal own you think it is

it only would if the link was also the words "this would not be the brutal own you think it is"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Nope. I've grown weirdly attached to it at this point. It amuses me how I didn't even pick it and yet everyone hates it. Also, I can't afford to fix my alternator on my car until the 1st much less an avatar. Actually that's probably some kind of logical fallacy since not being able to afford $270 at once =/= being able to afford $5 but,

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the white hand posted:

it only would if the link was also the words "this would not be the brutal own you think it is"

You could put that in a quotebox below the link

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Badger of Basra posted:

it would though

i got quite a few pms from non-insane posters/thread lurkers telling me they appreciated the discussion or were learning a lot. so, again, i don't care what the arch liberals of d&d think

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Nope. I've grown weirdly attached to it at this point. It amuses me how I didn't even pick it and yet everyone hates it. Also, I can't afford to fix my alternator on my car until the 1st much less an avatar. Actually that's probably some kind of logical fallacy since not being able to afford $270 at once =/= being able to afford $5 but,

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i got quite a few pms from non-insane posters/thread lurkers telling me they appreciated the discussion or were learning a lot. so, again, i don't care what the arch liberals of d&d think

"many people are saying my threads are great! the low-energy libs of D&D can't appreciate them! sad!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm all for communism but everyone who tried it hosed up real bad.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Emarx please ban arghy

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

"many people are saying my threads are great! the low-energy libs of D&D can't appreciate them! sad!"

doesnt this mean that he is going to win, though? or are you continuing on the "he has an authority boner" train

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Matoi the lawful good thing to do would be to buy him an avatar

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm all for communism but everyone who tried it hosed up real bad.

turns out that maybe Marx had a point when he said the revolution would work in industrialized countries instead of agrarian backwaters

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Matoi the lawful good thing to do would be to buy him an avatar

It would if he wasn't being a bit of a jerk about it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Octatonic posted:

doesnt this mean that he is going to win, though? or are you continuing on the "he has an authority boner" train

what does it mean to win D&D

Raskolnikov38 posted:

turns out that maybe Marx had a point when he said the revolution would work in industrialized countries instead of agrarian backwaters

which of these was east germany

although they did it best i guess

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
dear homework explainer

I am writing to inform you that your anti-imperialism thread has really opened my eyes to the supremacy of juche thought.

yours truly from Helsinki Finland,
J. John Jeremiah Jermaine

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Octatonic posted:

I'm going to assume he's smarter than Robby Mook

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Badger of Basra posted:

do you think i'm invested enough in how fake-rear end opportunist "leftists" view me in the online that i'd make up pms

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

which of these was east germany

although they did it best i guess

I'm weary of calling east Germany industrialized when communism was installed just between the war and the soviets stealing everything that could be moved

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

nobody cares you idiot

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Badger of Basra posted:

joining forces with the ARCH LIBERALS

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

you whiny pm posting extra salty yet peculiarly flavorless cracker of a man

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Chelb posted:

you whiny pm posting extra salty yet peculiarly flavorless cracker of a man

this is bold coming from the guy who doesn't much care for tacos

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Matoi - I promise I will use the one you made for me one day. If I can find it again since my SSD died. No seriously everything is loving exploding this month. My SSD died, my battery died, my alternator died. Seriously, gently caress november I hate this being an adult poo poo.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homie is this world real to you

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

the white hand posted:

joining forces with the ARCH LIBERALS

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED I AM CAPTAIN LIBERAL

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

do you think i'm invested enough in how fake-rear end opportunist "leftists" view me in the online that i'd make up pms

so this guy thinks about your thread the way people say reading the WSJ is good to understand your enemies i guess

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

check taco post history and past

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Matoi - I promise I will use the one you made for me one day. If I can find it again since my SSD died. No seriously everything is loving exploding this month. My SSD died, my battery died, my alternator died. Seriously, gently caress november I hate this being an adult poo poo.

That's cool. I just worry that you're one of those guys who gets a big head over negative attention, that's never cool.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Can tacos be the official dad chat food?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can tacos be the official dad chat food?

they should be the planet's tbh

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wouldn't it be rich if that PM was fake. :allears:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That's cool. I just worry that you're one of those guys who gets a big head over negative attention, that's never cool.

Don't get me wrong I like attention, but not so much to go out of the way to attract negative attention. It is amusing ya'll made fun of me for that sandwich then someone bought me it as an avatar and it bothers some of ya'll more than me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/SarahThyre/status/802388416692269056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

also

i would advise you to ruminate long and hard over what this means about yourself

• Locked thread