Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The lanes I never want to gank are fed lifestealing juggernauts. Fuuuuuck ganking a Darius or Illaoi that's two kills up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"Fuk u jungler he's at my tower" YEAH AND HE WILL KILL ME UNDER YOUR TOWER TOO

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
My loving jungler just left me up here to die farm in safety and go even in lane, the prick

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
The Bork buff seems pretty big. Have any math-goons figured out if it's still garbage? Or is it worth buying now?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lerius posted:

The Bork buff seems pretty big. Have any math-goons figured out if it's still garbage? Or is it worth buying now?

It's old bork. It was worth before, it just depends on if the rest of the itemization backs it up.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Did pretty well as top Taliyah, is she still bad or am I just good

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

flyingkiwi posted:

Lissandra is actually still pretty solid despite nobody playing her/apparently nobody winning on her

I don't think she's ever been bad she just never got popular. I used to see her from time to time top lane as a hybrid beef mage build but that was the extent of it it seemed. Every time anybody picks her I go "holy poo poo I forgot Lissandra existed."

A good Lissandra is an absolute terror.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

she has really struggled with win rate before. she's not a super high damage champion and can be hard to play

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
She was more popular when she was first rotation power pick in pro play, then she got nerfed. She definitely has issues with scaling into lategame.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Darth Windu posted:

Did pretty well as top Taliyah, is she still bad or am I just good

Taliyah bullies melee champions super hard, gets back to lane quickly, and has a powerful TP gank. She fits the role pretty well, especially if your midlaner went AD

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I miss the Lissandra dfg rush

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

flyingkiwi posted:

Also gently caress this level 3 jungle off two camps thing

Yeah this poo poo is busted.

When I'm red side I warn my bot lane to be careful of getting lvl 3 ganked at like 2:10 and they inevitably get double-killed anyways because they are retarded. Riot said that if everyone is doing red-> krugs then they would nerf it, which is a dumb statement - you already know it's a problem, just change it now!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's funny how people change from "Krugs suck they take forever to do" to "Krugs are too powerful you get level three off two camps"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I mean they literally changed the amount of xp that the camp gives 3 days ago

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This has been a very bad week of posting for me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

The lanes I never want to gank are fed lifestealing juggernauts. Fuuuuuck ganking a Darius or Illaoi that's two kills up

I dunno if there's anything more tilting then needing just a little help in your easily gankable lane while your jungler goes top vs a fed juggernaut and gives them 2 kills.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, I miss old yorick already. I pretty much have no ghouls in mid-game because adcs and mids are always waveclearing

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Having played a lot of Lissandra I can tell you that a lot of people do not want to come to a lane with a large amount of damage and CC to pick up fairly easy kills, they would instead rather do things like walk around the enemy jungle aimlessly until they are killed, or get executed to their own chickens, or repeatedly gank a top lane that they can't kill. Maybe my problem is I don't sit there and demand that they gank for me over and over again and just trust them to do whatever they're doing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If junglers cant go blue -> red they're level 3 at full health then jungle is still poo poo and you should stop complaining.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If I'm solo queuing should I pick flex or solo/duo for the best shot at a "fair" match? I don't see a lot of duos in flex so far.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Syrinxx posted:

If I'm solo queuing should I pick flex or solo/duo for the best shot at a "fair" match? I don't see a lot of duos in flex so far.

I think solo queue would be better, as it is a more even playing field and there won't be a situation where the enemy team are on call together and much more organized. Also, as flex queue is still quite new, some people are at wildly inaccurate ranks and it will take a little while for things to even out.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

flex is a bit more chill, solo is the better serious queue but its also a total nightmare atm

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im glad that they are loving up the queues and queue times and role select a lot by not just removing duo queue from solo queue or just getting rid of flex. thats good.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah flex has gotta go. Let people 5v5 or whatever in custom games or just make it only solo/duo and then 5-man only.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I play in poo poo tier and even I have noticed that the queue times are worse.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Soloq is horrible, downright unplaybale.

I thought dynamic was all about who has the bigger stack with the smurf friend, but no, even in soloq it's the duo that carries or ruins everything. With this autofill everywhere lanes are just horrible, we have support malphites and luxes losing to each other it is just horrible to watch.

Not like removing duos would help much, I don't know if it is the solo thing or the new season but the people we get are just dispecable, like EVERY GAME so far had your complete cliche vayne players who start to cry because jungle never ganks and when somebody touches their cs they run right into the enemy. It was bad before but not THIS bad.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Bholder posted:

Soloq is horrible, downright unplaybale.

I thought dynamic was all about who has the bigger stack with the smurf friend, but no, even in soloq it's the duo that carries or ruins everything. With this autofill everywhere lanes are just horrible, we have support malphites and luxes losing to each other it is just horrible to watch.

Not like removing duos would help much, I don't know if it is the solo thing or the new season but the people we get are just dispecable, like EVERY GAME so far had your complete cliche vayne players who start to cry because jungle never ganks and when somebody touches their cs they run right into the enemy. It was bad before but not THIS bad.

Autofill seems to kick in very fast as well for some reason; I queue as top/mid and somehow got adc after only waiting 2 minutes. Somehow the game went well, but having to play adc for the first time in a year was definitely odd.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I swear to god the hitbox on Lux's root is just a nebulous area that will work to accommodate loving you over.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Have you guys never played during preseason lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Years ago but RickoniX made a gimmick out of leaving games till he hit like 100 elo and he still got games (and this was when League was like a quarter its size)

In preseason those 100 elo people are at normal elo

Player Beware

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Work Friend Keven posted:

If junglers cant go blue -> red they're level 3 at full health then jungle is still poo poo and you should stop complaining.

I agree with you, Kevin.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Who's the best junglers that won't be nerfed right now? Trying to get back into the game.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I hate how there's almost zero thought to team comp in Silver. Nobody will declare champs, so I'll first pick Elise or something, and then the rest of my team will be 3 assassins and a squishy support. So frustrating.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Who's the best junglers that won't be nerfed right now? Trying to get back into the game.

Amumu, Vi, Warwick. Rammus, Skarner are all really good right now in lower elo.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Kha'zix is probably going to eat some kind of nerf, direct or otherwise, but he's so good right now that it'll probably just make him really good instead.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

every time theres a warwick in my game they inexplicably manage to get a successful level 4 gank off and i legit cannot imagine how this keeps happening. hell, it happened in my lane and i still couldn't believe it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Sexpansion posted:

Amumu, Vi, Warwick. Rammus, Skarner are all really good right now in lower elo.

how did skarker get good agin?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Radical posted:

every time theres a warwick in my game they inexplicably manage to get a successful level 4 gank off and i legit cannot imagine how this keeps happening. hell, it happened in my lane and i still couldn't believe it.

That Q hurts, and with red his passive can hurt quite a bit, so if you're immobile enough then he can catch up with blood scent and wreck house.

There's probably the skill bias as well; most mediocre Warwicks know that their spike is at 6 and will wait to gank until then, so the only L4 dogeganks you see are from players good at him.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

how did skarker get good agin?

yeah hes been pretty decent for a long time (made some appearances at worlds even.) people actually hated the rework so much that no one will play him though, which i find pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also Skarner is really boring to play

• Locked thread