Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Jonathan has never been horny in his life so it's weird Araki left a big plot hole like that idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Rohan is probably gay but that could easily be me projecting onto the cute weirdboy who has his life together

He definitely has a crush on a gal in Louvre. I mean no one actually cares about my stupid headcanons or anything but I tend to think of him as bi probably, maybe even straight, who knows. I don't really care how anyone internally thinks of anything though so w/e, if people think of Rohan as gay that's definitely cool because y'all don't even want to know what I think about a lot of these folks

Dragonatrix posted:

Nero is still my number 1 with the Good Translations (it helps that Metallica vs King Crimson is fantastic in part because Nero is so cool in it), but Ghiaccio definitely jumped to 2nd over Prosciutto. The Assassination Squad in general are kind of a great group of antagonists and it's a really cool touch how they're all good at their jobs implicitly because of their Stands. Most things that do that have them be allegedly good assassins who also have unrelated gimmicks, so have them be intrinsically connected was a cool surprise.

Shame it doesn't help Melone be above the bottom tier of Cool Bad Guys though.

Nero's still really great, yeah. I say this a lot but for any flaws that Vento might have, it has fantastic antagonists and really, really intense/cool battles.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Why is Pesci not in the number one spot, you fools. You absolute rubes. :colbert:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

He's pen pineapple apple pen in villain form

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god, I forgot how enormous Jonathan was. Christ, he's like the Broly of this series.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Outside of DIO not caring about gender I don't think any of the main characters are meant to be gay/bi. I mean JJBA is SUPER gay but y'know. I think fans just project and take it as fact.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'm pretty sure the most gay character in JoJo is Valentine's wife. Since she's actually confirmed as into women and tried to gently caress Lucy.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Angelo

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Gosh just a month and I can start hoping for Part 5 to get announced. What a time to be alive when half of JoJo has been adapted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nephthys posted:

I'm pretty sure the most gay character in JoJo is Valentine's wife. Since she's actually confirmed as into women and tried to gently caress Lucy.

Pucci hates you too

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pucci loves DIO the same way a priest loves God. Because he is a priest and also crazy.

Though I guess devout priests are pretty much super gay for Jesus so yeah never mind.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Now, I dont think it's a question that Jotaro owns a dolphin suit. The real question is how many dolphin suits he has.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Jotaro was the dude who wrote up about fuckin dolphins

And his wife was the one who jerked off that dolphin in that experiment with dolphins and LSD :nms:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 26, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Outside of DIO not caring about gender I don't think any of the main characters are meant to be gay/bi. I mean JJBA is SUPER gay but y'know. I think fans just project and take it as fact.

A lot of them just aren't in relationships so it's unconfirmed either way. And with how homoerotic the series it's not unreasonable to assume that some of the characters might be queer.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You don't draw that many rippling muscles, hunks of man meat and fashionable twinks if you aren't imagining some of them kissing.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I ship Joubin with the cool rock geezer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
IIRC, Araki has told people who asked him about his own sexuality that it shouldn't concern them and that it doesn't matter. He's definitely married to a lady though since also iirc, that was around the time he started feeling bad about how he had represented women up to that point and tried to make amends with jolyne and stone ocean.

I assume he thinks the same way about his characters, probably

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I ship Jobin and his wife I don't think he has spoken to the entirety of Part 8 or has even said a word herself or been seen since her introduction

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

this is the only jojo ship that matters tho great romance arc

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I love reading character death speculation from our anime only friends in the other thread :allears: I don't recall exactly how the events are paced in the manga but I hope it's adapted in a way that gives us reactions to both Jotaro's 100% ACCURATE death and Okuyasu's "death".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

IIRC, Araki has told people who asked him about his own sexuality that it shouldn't concern them and that it doesn't matter. He's definitely married to a lady though since also iirc, that was around the time he started feeling bad about how he had represented women up to that point and tried to make amends with jolyne and stone ocean.

I assume he thinks the same way about his characters, probably

I think he's got kids too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shugojin posted:

"and then Yoshikage Kira got hit by a car THE END" has got to be the funniest alternate ending to DiU I can think of

LOL to the point of this almost being a i totally don't know what happens.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

A lot of them just aren't in relationships so it's unconfirmed either way. And with how homoerotic the series it's not unreasonable to assume that some of the characters might be queer.

Pretty sure that there's a villain pair in VA that's gay (Squalo was the name of one of them I think).

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

LOL to the point of this almost being a i totally don't know what happens.

:allears: but irl

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Shugojin posted:

"and then Yoshikage Kira got hit by a car THE END" has got to be the funniest alternate ending to DiU I can think of

This finale is gonna be so loving good.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's one of those guesses that's so out of nowhere that they couldn't possibly know the truth, and that's just special

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I haven't been in the thread for a few months. Did we ever get official confirmation that it's going to be exactly 39 episodes, or is that just the very strong assumption now that the train is pulling into the station with only one real fight left?

Also I finally started actually reading Steel Ball Run and I might be around occasionally to live post about it now that I've actually put it into a format that I like using (No offence Daxing Dan.) I just had to move and rename all the images so I could cram them into a cbr using...

We interrupt this post to bring you shameless promotion for Bulk Rename Utility. Try it Today! The file naming utility you never knew you needed, allowing you to mass rename files in any way you dreamed and more.

You won't use it all the time, but once you need it you'll never want to go back. I renamed, moved, and sorted the approx. 2400 pages of Part 7 into filenames I wanted in about 15 minutes. Give it a shot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's been very well known that it's going to be 39 episodes for a while, and they're going to have plenty of room to fit everything in there

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aquasnake posted:

We interrupt this post to bring you shameless promotion for Bulk Rename Utility. Try it Today! The file naming utility you never knew you needed, allowing you to mass rename files in any way you dreamed and more.

You won't use it all the time, but once you need it you'll never want to go back. I renamed, moved, and sorted the approx. 2400 pages of Part 7 into filenames I wanted in about 15 minutes. Give it a shot.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

In a few weeks I'm going to rename all the Part 4 episodes in my folder. If I want the episode titles it'll take probably 10 minutes tops, if I just want to rename them and numbered 1-39, I can easily do that in 15-30 seconds. You could call it my stand power.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Aquasnake posted:

In a few weeks I'm going to rename all the Part 4 episodes in my folder. If I want the episode titles it'll take probably 10 minutes tops, if I just want to rename them and numbered 1-39, I can easily do that in 15-30 seconds. You could call it my stand power.

Oh ho...but does your stand power dig into the internet to automatically find the correct names for every episode? My Filebot does. It is the strongest media renaming utility on the internet!

edit: The only problem is that it uses the US localization names so Highway Go Go, etc.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

havenwaters posted:

Oh ho...but does your stand power dig into the internet to automatically find the correct names for every episode? My Filebot does. It is the strongest media renaming utility on the internet!

edit: The only problem is that it uses the US localization names so Highway Go Go, etc.

BNR lets you rename any file exactly the way you want. Not to get too far off topic but if this file renaming chat is blowing your mind, but you want something more tactically useful. Get WinDirStat, it will graphically show you where all the things that are taking up all your free disk space are on your computer.

For jojo related content they just started the first sprint, but now I'm off to work.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Aquasnake posted:

BNR lets you rename any file exactly the way you want. Not to get too far off topic but if this file renaming chat is blowing your mind, but you want something more tactically useful. Get WinDirStat, it will graphically show you where all the things that are taking up all your free disk space are on your computer.

For jojo related content they just started the first sprint, but now I'm off to work.

I just wanted Filebot to be The World to BNR's Star Platinum. Anyway WinDirStat's great and next week's episode should be amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i use spacesniffer for that

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think he's got kids too.

Two daughters

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Pucci loves DIO the same way a priest loves God. Because he is a priest and also crazy.

Though I guess devout priests are pretty much super gay for Jesus so yeah never mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypoe8AyjHGM

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reminder that this stud bangs 10's like it's nothing.

miss u damo ~~

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/l_anfibio/status/802326269685886980

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

best gyro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...