Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Another fixed damage character? I really should get around to replacing Rudy on my PVP team soon.

Depending on your current placement you totally should!
After the last ladder reset I struggled to leave the 2000 baseline with him, even though I was able to climb to 2100-2200 beforehand. After switching him out with my Ace I managed to settle on Diamond 3 14 hours before the season ends. Pretty happy about that 400 point climb!
I think it's the AOE buff removal instead of the single target one. Maybe at max rank he's outclassed again but in my vincinity everyone's running zombiechars. Cleansing all those Giparangs feels really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

After the last ladder reset I struggled to leave the 2000 baseline with him, even though I was able to climb to 2100-2200 beforehand. After switching him out with my Ace I managed to settle on Diamond 3 14 hours before the season ends. Pretty happy about that 400 point climb!
I think it's the AOE buff removal instead of the single target one. Maybe at max rank he's outclassed again but in my vincinity everyone's running zombiechars. Cleansing all those Giparangs feels really good.

I was wondering how Arena turned so difficult (stuck in 2600-2800) after coming back from a long long break. Then i realized awakened weapons are out :v:

Pascal is 40 Giprang should be 40 in a few days then I get to work start on Sera.

Few question for people that are up to date on stuff!

WB: Whose important to have?

So far I made a lvl 30 Jake/Asura/Xiao anyone else I need? - I could buy a Rachael for 400 topaz (is that worth it?)
Also, who do you use for Magic Dmg when Physical damage is nulled? I can't really find anyone that looks decent except Jam (who is collab and i missed it)

Farming:
Any of the World 8 to 11 worth farming? Do people still farm Ace in W8 or has that been removed? Been just grinding away at World 2-10 and 7-9

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
God, I want to root this game and find out a way to change the voices back to their original language. The english ones are CRINGEWORTHY for the most part.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Lina in raid team 1 ?! I thought that should be Karon.

Running Feng Yan as Raid 2 DPS. Team layout right now is:
Shane / Eileen, Sieg, Lina, Velika
Feng / Espada, Karon, Karma, Bai Jiao

It pretty much comes down to the fact that there isn't a good passive Magic booster in the game. There's Rin but she's only 50% and you want her geared for CH for PvP which doesn't work for Feng Yan. There's Daisy but she's only 40%. I do have a Jack-O, but she's a collab unit and all that comes with that, and if collabs were fina-able I'd be running Jam as DPS and then this wouldn't be a thing at all.

So that leaves Bai Jiao as an Active buff for 60%. Also nice because he boosts Lethal, so you ideally don't want him on the same team as Shane.

And because of that, you don't really want Bai Jiao and Lina on the same team, because that leaves you having to maintain 2 non-attack buffs and 3 total buffs to get started on dealing max damage. So, it's easier to roll Lina over to the Shane team, which also lets you bring Sieg, which goes great there because Eileen is boosting physical only.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

God, I want to root this game and find out a way to change the voices back to their original language. The english ones are CRINGEWORTHY for the most part.

In the settings there's an audio option to use other languages, I haven't tried it but I imagine that's what you want?

Clawtopsy posted:

Do we know if Sera will be a Special hero yet?

Normal, she's part of the Shadow Clan.

Wassbix posted:

WB: Whose important to have?

So far I made a lvl 30 Jake/Asura/Xiao anyone else I need? - I could buy a Rachael for 400 topaz (is that worth it?)
Also, who do you use for Magic Dmg when Physical damage is nulled? I can't really find anyone that looks decent except Jam (who is collab and i missed it)

Farming:
Any of the World 8 to 11 worth farming? Do people still farm Ace in W8 or has that been removed? Been just grinding away at World 2-10 and 7-9

WB is covered in the selector guide http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786918&userid=32307&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post465977530
Required picks are: Xiao, Asura, Espada, Bai Jiao, Shane+Feng Yan, Rachel, Karma or Dellons
Optional picks are: Sera (replaces Ruri or Jave), Jake (Easy mode only), Alice/Sieg/Ace

W8 still drops Ace but he's insanely rare of course. Like spending thousands and thousands of keys kind of rare. W8 is mostly for gold farming but also drops Puzzle stuff.
W9 has Jewel drops but it doesn't seem worth it at all at least on Easy, since they're only 3* jewels.
W10 is for Accessories, worth farming if you have nothing else to do since you can synth accessories into higher tiers now.
W11 has more rare hero drops (like 6* stuff can drop there), also items? Not sure if it's worth farming or not though.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Current PVP team is 32 Rin, Karma, Teo, 34 Giparang, Rudy and stalled at about the same place yours did, ~2200. I've got two AoE buff duration downs, although getting Karma and Teo to use them when zombies (usually Kris) start marching is a fun exercise in futility. My current thoughts is to bring back my 36 Yu Shin, investing some in my 30/+0 Pascal, or bringing up Eileen. I do have an Ace though, he's a bit undergeared and no slots unlocked. I'll have to experiment when I've got the time.

I will miss those matches were Rudy doesn't immediately get splatted, he won some matches through sheer tenacity, but more often than not he'll pop if the wrong characters look at him.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 25, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah keep in mind that the other good way to deal with immortals is to just CC them. They never have immunity after respawning, so heroes like Eileen, Giparang, and Kris are actually pretty good against them too. As is anyone highly transcended with a CC accessory. Life Steal as well, but that only works if you have enough HP to survive them hitting you in the first place. Ironically, a built Rudy is also extremely good against Immortals.

Oh also Re: Shane+Bai Jiao, the lethal bonus is actually very nice if you swap out Shane's Lethal jewel for a Counter Rate jewel. I keep thinking of changing my setup to accommodate this but it's real hard to make a Feng Raid 2 team without Bai Jiao. Something like this:
Shane / Bai Jiao, Karon, Espada, Dellons
Feng / Lina, Sieg, Velika, Rin/Daisy/???

But the ??? is the hard part. Also would have to swap Dellons Counter gear for HP gear and not interesting in paying the 70 topaz for that.

Also, it's not like you need the extra Counter Rate for Shane for CR since you've got Rachel.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 25, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

In the settings there's an audio option to use other languages, I haven't tried it but I imagine that's what you want?

The language options also change the in game text to whatever language you choose. Unfortunately, all I want to change is the audio files. Guess I'll just keep the SFX muted.

Anyone want to gift me a 5*? I just started playing today.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 25, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Settings -> Sound -> Audio File -> Audio Option -> VO Audio

You can independently select the VO from the game text. Unfortunately, there's a bug where the Korean voices don't work unless the language is also set to Korean. I think the Chinese language pack should work? Apparently not no, same bug. Hopefully they fix it one day.

I can gift you if you want, Fazoob in game.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Settings -> Sound -> Audio File -> Audio Option -> VO Audio

You can independently select the VO from the game text. Unfortunately, there's a bug where the Korean voices don't work unless the language is also set to Korean. I think the Chinese language pack should work? Apparently not no, same bug. Hopefully they fix it one day.

I can gift you if you want, Fazoob in game.

Sweet, i'll add. DEEPoSEAN

Thanks, randomed a Soi from the ticket. Not sure if she's good, but she's miles better than the 3 stars I've been using so far!

Is the OP still up-to-date on pulls? I've gotten a few 4* choice things, and was using the OP as a reference.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 25, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mostly yes, it's slightly out of date with a few things, mainly PvP, but also with Sera out now she'll probably replace Ruri whenever she's available in selectors.

PvP now for selectors is mainly Pascal, Giparang, Teo, Rin, Karma, Kris, and Spike.

Soi is bad but early on you pretty much just work with what you have. Just hang in there and do the guide quest, you'll eventually get some free 4* and 6* selectors and then a 7K ticket and then you'll start to get going.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Mostly yes, it's slightly out of date with a few things, mainly PvP, but also with Sera out now she'll probably replace Ruri whenever she's available in selectors.

PvP now for selectors is mainly Pascal, Giparang, Teo, Rin, Karma, Kris, and Spike.

Soi is bad but early on you pretty much just work with what you have. Just hang in there and do the guide quest, you'll eventually get some free 4* and 6* selectors and then a 7K ticket and then you'll start to get going.

Sweet, thanks for the tips.

Are there any decent all rounders I should focus on getting (whenever I get selectors)? I will probably mostly be doing PvE content for the foreseeable future.

Edit: Got my first 6 star pick (end of the tutorial) and decided to go with Pascal because he looked baller. HOLY MOLY his skills are awesome

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 26, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shane of course is generally good for all modes you need DPS for. Raid, CR, World Boss. Can fill in during Abyss as well. Prioritize her if you don't have one already.
Aside from her, Sieg, Lina, and Bai Jiao are all sort of universally useful for PvE modes where DPS is needed, so they aren't bad early picks either.

Xiao is kind of useful across the board for early game stuff, but only as a 6*. Her cooldown increase skill can buy you a bunch of extra time for a lot of game modes, and she's essential for some end game teams. Yu Shin is kind of similarly useful, and he's better for PvP, but he doesn't really excel at anything and does make it into higher end teams much.

Giparang is another one who isn't bad to pick up, he's mostly for PvP but he can help out in all modes early on, he's got good damage, immortality, and a 5x AoE Stun which helps in various places.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of heroes who are just generally useful across the board. Other than Karma, but he's a Special hero.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Pascal is pretty unfun.

e: Previously, I could make my own team of dudes and while I might not roll everyone forever, I could at least do well. Now even a 32 Pascal completely rolls any team I seem to make.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I randomly pulled a Sera in a 3-6 today. :toot:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nice. She's probably a shoe-in for NWM team, but beyond that I dunno. Doesn't seem real great for PvP, or a whole lot else.

Check-In selector counts for the Puzzle now right?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Shane of course is generally good for all modes you need DPS for. Raid, CR, World Boss. Can fill in during Abyss as well. Prioritize her if you don't have one already.
Aside from her, Sieg, Lina, and Bai Jiao are all sort of universally useful for PvE modes where DPS is needed, so they aren't bad early picks either.

Xiao is kind of useful across the board for early game stuff, but only as a 6*. Her cooldown increase skill can buy you a bunch of extra time for a lot of game modes, and she's essential for some end game teams. Yu Shin is kind of similarly useful, and he's better for PvP, but he doesn't really excel at anything and does make it into higher end teams much.

Giparang is another one who isn't bad to pick up, he's mostly for PvP but he can help out in all modes early on, he's got good damage, immortality, and a 5x AoE Stun which helps in various places.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of heroes who are just generally useful across the board. Other than Karma, but he's a Special hero.

Well, I picked up a 4* Xiao randomly earlier. I guess I'll raise her up to 6*. Thanks for the tips!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Got Gipang and Pascal to 40 with the unlocks and it's helping out alot in PvP.

So far running Gip/ Ruri / Spike (30) / Dellons (30) and Pascal

I don't have a Teo Lin or Karma. Anyone got recommendations for replacements? I have a 38 Rudy from Feb when tank comps were king, but he feels pretty useless now. Other special units are a 32 Wu and 32 Ace.

Edit: What are people doing mostly to get the lords? Fusions or pulls? When I played no one pulled for them cause rates were so rear end, anything change on that front?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 26, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Nia, maybe? Whenever I encounter a team without Pascal, or Pascal dies before he deals significant damage to Rudy, I'm still finding Rudy can usually chug along to a win.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

Edit: What are people doing mostly to get the lords? Fusions or pulls? When I played no one pulled for them cause rates were so rear end, anything change on that front?

You can get 4L from the monthly check-in reward now. Aside from that, you get one of each from the Puzzle (up to Rin now I think), and you can buy them from the Special Summon for a big cost (~360 Topaz and ~3600 Rubies IIRC).

Rolling is trash except the Selective Summon which is sort of okay (trade 300 Rubies to randomly get 1 of 5 things you want), but only for normal heroes. Also the only easy way to get Sera now that I know of.

Doing random 3-5* fusions is basically the other method to get 4L of course.

Wukong is still decent. Get him max Spd+HP gear and a decent accessory and he'll still do pretty good.
Jave's also pretty decent for PvP but he's ultra gear/acc/jewel dependent, and he especially benefits from running along with Kris. Kris is also still pretty good too, especially now in the era of no-DQ, his ailment is still extremely good regardless of immunity.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bizarrely, DQ is proving one of my biggest workhorses right now. I routinely seem to encounter teams with three zombies (Usually Teo/Kris/Gip) and Rin normally clears them out in one sweep. It's very satisfying to hear "IT'S JUST A DREAM!" and watch a bunch of losers fall over.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, DQ's just in a poo poo spot because if you run into a Pascal you've got an extremely high chance for her to just immediately lose per primary usefulness, and for you to waste a turn doing nothing.
Running into a Rudy too, for that matter.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm normally okay with her burning Lucid Dream on a Rudy, because it's usually followed by Kris hitting him with Death. My own Rudy has soldiered on long beyond he has any right to in may cases, so watching him die is extra calming

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
so I got the black friday deal thing. And it gave me a 6* awakened 7knight weapon selector. I'm just making sure before I waste it, but are these weapons able to be used by any character, or are they linked to their namesake? (I.E. Wukong's staff, Lu bu's buttplug, Ace's self centered sword)

Thanks in advance for helping me avoid a fuckup.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

so I got the black friday deal thing. And it gave me a 6* awakened 7knight weapon selector. I'm just making sure before I waste it, but are these weapons able to be used by any character, or are they linked to their namesake? (I.E. Wukong's staff, Lu bu's buttplug, Ace's self centered sword)

Thanks in advance for helping me avoid a fuckup.

They can be used by anyone. For some reason, Dellon's Scythe is a magic weapon, and Dellons is a physical character.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Good to know, thank you!

Edit: Any advice for the first 7k selector? Rachel seems like the best for the most uses. But Spike looks wicked cool, and I'm okay with wicked cool over effectiveness somewhat. He useful for farming adventures at all?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 27, 2016

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
My first 7 knight was Rachel and I was more than happy with her. The Phoenix will make your life oh so much easier. Dellons would be nice for the 50% damage buff - though Rachel can emulate that by lowering the enemies' defense - and the silence.
Spike is OK, but I struggle to find a good niche for him. He's not all that universally useful, but his partywide status immunity is nice sometimes.
For farming I would recommend Jave, but he's not that hot for anything else, as far as I can tell, and I farm with Vellika or Karma anyway.
Eileen also seems like a very solid choice with her electrify attacks and big damage buff to physical.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Spike is cool and good if you like PVP.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spike is very good in general. Needed for NMW, as well as PvP, and he's great in general for dailies/adventure/event farming, Abyss, and as a swap in for CR (see Kris day especially).

Jave is pretty decent for PvP as well but only if he's 32+ and fully equipped. But he's soooo good for any sort of farming or general usage as well.

Among the 7K, probably Rudy is the worst right now. He's just loving out of PvP at the moment and while he's helpful for other places he just doesn't really fit anywhere optimally in the current meta. poo poo always comes around though so it's not like having any 7K built is bad.

Meanwhile, today's Quiz has the wrong loving answer :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I went with Spike because his attack animations always make me jealous when I see him randomly in arenas (just spam it 5 times for the honor/daily quests, never going to focus on it in the next year anyway). Too rad to pass up. Is it better to get a good cast of dudes before you start super focusing on increasing the max level of your units? I got a few Shane 4 stars randomly from tower and free pulls and figure I'll rank them up for feed eventually.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

I went with Spike because his attack animations always make me jealous when I see him randomly in arenas (just spam it 5 times for the honor/daily quests, never going to focus on it in the next year anyway). Too rad to pass up. Is it better to get a good cast of dudes before you start super focusing on increasing the max level of your units? I got a few Shane 4 stars randomly from tower and free pulls and figure I'll rank them up for feed eventually.

Shane is a "rank up to cap immediately; do not pass go" character because getting into a position where you can do even low level raids will give you a vector to get top tier gear from, which helps in LITERALLY EVERY PART OF THE GAME. The only other big jump you'll see early on is getting a team that can take you from normal to hardmode daily dungeons as getting 4 star elementals will speed up the rate at which you can rank up other units. Shane is not perfectly suited for this as she lacks pierce, but having her extra dps will help get you over the hump.

Rank her up. Now. Do it.

E: the above assumes you have at least the skeleton of a raid team - Shane for your sick deeps with a frontline of Karon/Sieg for stun reduction, Espada/Velika for magic damage reduction, and some damage amp in the form of Lina/Eileen/Dellons/Karma/etc in your other slots.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 28, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Alright, SLOVEN KNIGHTS, three things:

First: If you have ten or more coins in Guild War, start trying to attack 'harder' enemies, even if they're riskier. The more rounds go by, the more challenging our foes will be. Don't be a vulture picking on the dumbass who left 4/5 slots banned.

Second: If you DON'T have ten or more coins - Get them! If you do, you're pretty much guaranteed a free costume. This time, it's Jave!

Thirdly, we have a free slot and it seems we've exhausted the wait list.

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm back on good internet and applied!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I need to remember to do Guild War more, I only remember about it when it gets the red exclamation mark and by then it's over!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Helps to check the Status Board occasionally since it tells you if it's in prep or battle. I forget about it constantly too.

Now that my Rachel is 32 and (almost) geared up, it's time to abandon her to focus on a superior May setup for CR instead. :rolleye:
Need Feng all the way up to 40 before that can actually happen though.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

First: If you have ten or more coins in Guild War, start trying to attack 'harder' enemies, even if they're riskier. The more rounds go by, the more challenging our foes will be. Don't be a vulture picking on the dumbass who left 4/5 slots banned.

Second: If you DON'T have ten or more coins - Get them! If you do, you're pretty much guaranteed a free costume. This time, it's Jave!

I'll join if that slot is still open

edit - just looked at the post above... next time

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

New 4L/4LoO guaranteed summon: Just do the 300 ruby 10+1 summon 4 times to get one at random! Or do another 6 to get a random 4L/4LoO! I've only got about 800 rubies and I'm not sure if I'll find another 400 by the 8th to do one, and that'll delay masteries, but with a bit of luck I could get somewhere on the SWK puzzle at the same time.

They added Item Synthesis too. Trade 3 7K items for a 4L item or 4 6* items for a 7K item. They're a bit less than confirmed craft's substats but no rng on the main stat at least.

Three days left in the roulettes event, make sure to finish these! (I'm one day away from the final 6* selector)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The guaranteed is actually one of:
4th: Ace, SWK, LuBu
10th: Rin, Teo, Karma

If you have the 3k Rubies to dump into it, it's probably worth it since Rin/Teo/Karma are all good (especially Karma though). The 1.2k guaranteed, probably not.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Damnit, misread the facebook page then (and rereading my post, poorly phrased). I thought it was any 4L for the 1200, 4L/4LoO for the 3000. Yeah, not feeling so hot on the 1200 anymore if the best I can get is Ace.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
drat, I just dumped all my rubies on mastery upgrades :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

drat, I just dumped all my rubies on mastery upgrades :(

That was the right choice actually. Masteries are forever, useful heroes come and go. And LuBu and SWK have both long gone.

• Locked thread