Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why am I getting the intro animation I've been playing this game for over a dozen hours now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

why am I getting the intro animation I've been playing this game for over a dozen hours now

It happens every chapter

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It happens every chapter

Oh ok, chapter 2 time

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

It happens every chapter

just like my favorite anime

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

just like my favorite anime

JoJo just got a new op though

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Digging Lightning Returns so far. She is such a hoss. I hope there are some epic blue skies later in the game though. The train opened up so I should get out and explore.

you're in luck, friend

lightning returns was a lot of fun, but i never did finish it. didn't have the patience to go through all of the sidequests after i'd cleared the main quests in each city, and didn't have the heart to just skip the next six days to the end

i'd read about someone else being in the exact situation, before i got the game, and thought they were being silly. should've had more empathy!

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 24, 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Final-Fantasy-XV-Day-One-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.5061286400 this game already costs $35

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What the hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well uh that's not a good sign

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874165036&ignorebbr=1 $30....

maybe theres been like 0 preorders on xbox one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I wouldnt read too much into that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if the only actually good games were metacritics top 10 we would be stuck playing Cawadoody and Skyrim for all eternity

gently caress reviews, they are worthless and obsolete

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe more companies are gonna just charge 30 bucks for AAA games and attach a 100 dollar season pass with worthless stuff in it to make money

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
price point experimentation is something that is going more mainstream since digital distribution is so huge now

i really wouldn't read into that, they're probably just seeing if they sell so many more units that the lower price doesnt matter

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i like amazon's policy of using the lowest price it was set for at any time as long as you have it pre-ordered, so you don't have to wait for an epic discount or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw that Titanfall 2 was already 30 bucks 2 weeks after release so I was gonna wait until Christmas to pick up XV. I'm suuuuper excited to play it but Pokemon will keep me busy for a while anyway, and Persona 5 isn't immediately on the horizon so I feel ok spacing out my epic JRPGs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

original amazon pre-order price: 59.99

current price in order history: 47.99 :obamanotbad:

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i like amazon's policy of using the lowest price it was set for at any time as long as you have it pre-ordered, so you don't have to wait for an epic discount or something

same. i saved some £££ that i can now put towards a scale model of the car

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

After all tehse years fighting the console wars, turns out the xbox one has the right kind of pricepoint...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is probably the reason honestly

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hello gamers. just recently logged onto the microsoft store digital dowloads area and preordered a game for my xbox one scorpion

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm bravely second you can make a summoner who can triple wield rods to make insanely powerful one shot summons

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
playing X-2. It's real groovy so far, but I kind of keep getting lost during combat. It's too busy and the camera angle sucks so it's hard to parse what I'm looking at most of the time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate this stupid confectionary boss!!!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna gently caress it.and piss on it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will say the multiplier system for 1 turn wins really helps with grinding. It's fun figuring out a strategy to get as many wins in a row as possible though getting to 3x I'd entirely dependent on scoring lucky brave bonuses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I will say the multiplier system for 1 turn wins really helps with grinding. It's fun figuring out a strategy to get as many wins in a row as possible though getting to 3x I'd entirely dependent on scoring lucky brave bonuses

There's a grinding area after you beat the game where everyone starts with 3 BP and you can really easily chain and get 999 JP a battle

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There's a grinding area after you beat the game where everyone starts with 3 BP and you can really easily chain and get 999 JP a battle

Sick, what's the post-game content like?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:ramsay:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Sick, what's the post-game content like?

You collect all the other jobs you had to pass on and then get in a series of boss fights basically. I didn't finish because Pokemon came out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao the cake guy charmed my healer and used vivify on himself for 9999 healing gently caress

E: it's bullshit that ghosts can't regen mp in any way.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 26, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but they also take 0 damage so it's a fair trade off. Also that boss ticked me off for a while, especially because Yew was my healer and you can't make yew eat the cake and die. So I had to settle for Tiz who did some good turn one buffs and then was a useless spirit for the rest of the fight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah but they also take 0 damage so it's a fair trade off. Also that boss ticked me off for a while, especially because Yew was my healer and you can't make yew eat the cake and die. So I had to settle for Tiz who did some good turn one buffs and then was a useless spirit for the rest of the fight

well I've got magnolia as a summoner/red mage so it's not so bad to ghost her. But she runs out of mp and essentially becomes a handicap. I think I was just under leveled too because I get rocked by any of his attacks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so how's ff15?? From what I heard it's 4 middle ages anime dudes going on a road trip and im curious how well it works but not $60 curious

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Agean90 posted:

so how's ff15?? From what I heard it's 4 middle ages anime dudes going on a road trip and im curious how well it works but not $60 curious

it comes out on tuesday

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's going to be really cool fighting sea monsters in that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Agean90 posted:

I don't know how the game is, but I'm going to have to go ahead and give this post a mother loving Ten out of Ten.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

beepstreet posted:

I'm playing FF8 for the first time in 10 years and I was digging it until I got to Disc 2 where the pacing has gone off a cliff. Is it going to get fun again anytime soon? I'm at the concert at Fisherman's Horizon.

you got a bit until anything interesting happens.

from the prison it gets way too dialogue heavy for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Their bishis you stupid t8mb cucking friend of the family. Die!