Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And fewer planets.

And Planet Coaster is a game.

e:

ripptide fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

SuperSpiff posted:

I want to get off Mr. Derek's Wild Ride.

You don't get off till he fuckin finishes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

well HECK Phil posted:

You don't get off till he fuckin finishes.

Just like prison

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rudager posted:

Why does a site doing news have a "Director of Fiction"?

How else are they supposed to have things to report?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

The Kins posted:

Improvised props like these aren't uncommon with games mo-cap.

I believe there was one game (I want to say it was Uncharted?) that tried having an actual car on the stage for the actors to interact with, but it caused more problems than just having some boxes and gym equipment "stand in" for the car.
I don't think we'd agree on the definition of 'improvised'.

There are clear signs of planning and measurement in those pictures. No one was arguing that motion capture sets need to have authentic props.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

What wouldn't be interesting to such a pathologically boring individual

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Rudager posted:

Someone need to write the fake news, duh.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7270343/#Comment_7270343

I can't tell if boo is taking credit or is mildly retarded. Did the community help with these videos or something?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"as fun as this particular instance is... does Chris Roberts do ANYTHING which is not a direct homage/parady/copy of somebody else's property or art? I was really expecting more originality here over the years.

I mean, I love sandworms, and sand people, and speeder bikes, and Final Fantasy Copperheads, and those show copies, but at some point enough is enough. (and I still HATE the EA never-was-funny-in-the-first-place logo ripoff joke)"

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7272023/#Comment_7272023

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Rudager posted:

I guess they model themselves on Fox News...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 26, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

DogonCrook posted:

I can't tell if boo is taking credit or is mildly retarded.
The mask slipped.

It doesn't take Jason Bourne to figure out that account is affiliated with CIG in some way. It might as well be called "Judas Steer" or "ASTROTURFER" for how subtle it is.

Obviously the cultists are completely loving oblivious.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/123762/#Comment_123762

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TheAgent posted:

according to my drinking buddy, to hit full release this is the actual internal timetable and not chris's headcanon

sq42
2017 1st episode/preview (10 hours of gameplay/cutscenes)
2018 2nd episode
2019+ complete game

SC
2017/2018 3.0 (with all promised features)
2019 first real pre-alpha release
2020 alpha
2021 beta
2022+ release (final with most features in, not all ships, not all systems, etc)

this is with the current teams and contracted studios

my drinkin friend said they thought the company would need another $175 to $250m in order to continue working until SC is released

Hot drat, shitizens will have to dig deep!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and be the anti-I.N.R.I in a fashion.

By themselves, you owe your parents nothing. Sharing a few chromosomes with a person does not make them automatically worthy of your love and respect.

My dad's biological father was an rear end in a top hat of the highest order who ran out on my grandmother and him when he was less than eight years old. The man she remarried was more of a father to him and a grandfather to me than that sonuvabitch ever was, and we told him as such when he had the balls to show his face again at my great-grandmother's funeral.

If your family are loving and worthy of your respect, you should call them. If they aren't? Don't. Reconciliation is for Lifetime movies.

Thank you.

I.N.R.I posted:

I strongly disagree and think that kind of philosophy is one of the poorer aspects of American culture
I think you need to gently caress off.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ahmini posted:

If Crobblers was in charge of Xmas:

"Don't worry little Johnny, Santa might not have shown up on the 25th December but the presents are imminent"

*cut to April*

"Johnny I'm getting tired of you asking where your presents are, don't you know you've already had them?"

They were ALWAYS in the stocking.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

there is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

DogonCrook posted:

"as fun as this particular instance is... does Chris Roberts do ANYTHING which is not a direct homage/parady/copy of somebody else's property or art? I was really expecting more originality here over the years.

I mean, I love sandworms, and sand people, and speeder bikes, and Final Fantasy Copperheads, and those show copies, but at some point enough is enough. (and I still HATE the EA never-was-funny-in-the-first-place logo ripoff joke)"

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7272023/#Comment_7272023

I love the fact that the host's name is Jackson McLearey which I realised was an anagram of Jeremy Clarkson...

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

TheLightPurges posted:

I love the fact that the host's name is Jackson McLearey which I realised was an anagram of Jeremy Clarkson...

Everything in this stupid loving game is derivative. There is nothing original.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Decrepus posted:

Everything in this stupid loving game is derivative. There is nothing original.

If the member berries made a videogame (ad)

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

But they just started development in 2014. Chris is really a visionary!

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
it's a compromise of sorts

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
just for a refresher, "war bonds" means fresh cash, right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lol flooding the channels with the most whaler of ships

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

Thank you.
I think you need to gently caress off.

You may be right, but still, merry christmas.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You may be right, but still, merry christmas.

:fuzzknot: :kingsley: It's happy holidays! :kingsley: :fuzzknot:

lol ---> :fuzzknot: Why was this purchased again?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
How can a game have 1.0, 2.0, etc. releases when it's still in pre-alpha :psyduck:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How can a game have 1.0, 2.0, etc. releases when it's still in pre-alpha :psyduck:

Welcome to the Verse.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

:fuzzknot: :kingsley: It's happy holidays! :kingsley: :fuzzknot:

lol ---> :fuzzknot: Why was this purchased again?

We settled this back in the flip-phone age actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73vcbde8Cb8

Oh and about the smilie, you could honestly spend days in the smilie list constantly coming up with inexplicable smilies. :dadjoke::am::brnsndcstl::cedric::crafty::forkbomb:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Yeah I don't think anything has made it to the alpha in v1 form. And 2.0 versions of poo poo is kind of a lie bc a lot are on their 3rd or 4th design pass and just get renamed to hide the fact they gently caress up everything multiple times before it's barely passable.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

SirPenguin posted:

just for a refresher, "war bonds" means fresh cash, right?

You, Sir, would be correct.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When all they poo poo out between patches is a few more ships and none if the gameplay features that would let them move to other proper phases. Right now they are missing every single gameplay loop the game has to offer other than simple blow up pirates missions. They are missing, mining, refining, crafting, trading, farming, exploring, bussing, pirating ( and its innevitable consequence), salvaging, repairing, mending, a ton of other ings im forgetting

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

When your market is detached from your actual product and is instead propelled by the amount of stupidity your customers have you are going to do things like label 0.0002 as "2.0" and be $134,000,000 deep into something that barely classifies as a prototype / first playable version of a game.

Just wait though, sometime in 2017 you'll get another 1 of the 40 promised mechanics in Version 3.0.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When all they poo poo out between patches is a few more ships and none if the gameplay features that would let them move to other proper phases. Right now they are missing every single gameplay loop the game has to offer other than simple blow up pirates missions. They are missing, mining, refining, crafting, trading, farming, exploring, bussing, pirating ( and its innevitable consequence), salvaging, repairing, mending, a ton of other ings im forgetting

Shopping is in though :thumbsup:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Guys, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've just been on the RSI website and they have this great 'Intro pack'. Might pick this up while I can to get a head start in the PU.

But then that got me thinking that maybe I should buy these instead...

Help me out here goons! Which should I spend my hard earned disposable income on?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Rudager posted:

He's responsible for writing the feature list transcripts.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

Help me out here goons! Which should I spend my hard earned disposable income on?

The ships will only go up in value, think of it like an investment that you also get to play for fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Something I've always wondered when they show themselves dragging the supposed sun around in their videos to change the time of day on a planet: they say this is a real sun so does that mean if another camera was out in space would they see this massive sun model being dragged around at like millions of mph? From how responsive it is in the editor I can't see how it's not just a little light that looks like a distant sun but that's not what they claim right?

• Locked thread