Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Of course historically "Early Access" has been more of an "Open Beta" since there is almost always bugs or enormous lag the first few days (Rishi Meat Tree, :911:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Of course historically "Early Access" has been more of an "Open Beta" since there is almost always bugs or enormous lag the first few days (Rishi Meat Tree, :911:)

"Rishi Meat Tree" would make for a good username.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Ah, that must be where I had seen 27th before. Thanks.

We get a free mount tomorrow. :homebrew:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

We get a free mount tomorrow. :homebrew:

...no, all the rewards (mounts, companions, etc.) are Friday.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

but i want everything now!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Nerd of Prey, Waldorf Sixpence, and DrunkenGarbageCan - what servers do you guys play on again? I'm pretty sure Drunken is on Harbinger.

90cc and you can come visit the true goon guild!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also, for you peasants still mashing your keyboard, the Logitech G600 MMO mouse is $30 on Amazon right now. I don't like it as much as the Razer Naga, but it's still a huge step up from a keyboard and regular mouse combo.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Hey Nerd of Prey, Waldorf Sixpence, and DrunkenGarbageCan - what servers do you guys play on again? I'm pretty sure Drunken is on Harbinger.

I play on The Ebon Hawk with a small group of friends. I have placeholder alts spread across a few different servers, which I have used to get some free DvL prize boxes lately, in case anything super rare pops out. No real luck so far, but my jedi on Jedi Covenant got TWO black/black dyes out of cantina crates.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Red Eclipse, the European PvE server. I don't think I can even transfer one character across continents.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Red Eclipse, the European PvE server. I don't think I can even transfer one character across continents.

Ah yeah you can but not for the cheap price (unless they decide to allow it, stupid antiquated international data laws)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If everyone on Harbinger moved over to JC with their friends, we could actually have a real guild again and do actual group content.

Let's start a fund to pay for all the people too cheap to just drop the 90cc. Conversely, Medullah could just foot the bill as payback for the Nigerian millions of CC he's made off of referrals... :haw:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan is a serious player on Harbinger. In fact, I might transfer a character over to play with his guild. :D

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I have 89cc right now :negative:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

McSpanky posted:

I have 89cc right now :negative:

If you're planning on staying subbed for at least 2 months anyway Origin has a 2 month pack for $30 that includes 1050 coins. You can use this pack if you used the Origin KOTFE pack. Same price as a normal 60 day sub but an extra 1050 coins.

A better deal if you haven't ever bought it is the KOTFE starter bundle from Amazon which is 90 days of sub time + 2400 cartel coins.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan is a serious player on Harbinger. In fact, I might transfer a character over to play with his guild. :D

Until the DvL HM's I hadn't teamed for PvE since the first month of KotFE. My PvE guilds have slowly withered away, all I mostly do now is queue regs and play the GTN in between. When 5.0 drops I was planning on trying the East Coast servers to see how the PvP is, the timezone would better fit my schedule but the population on Harbinger is hard to give up.

In the meantime I've put 80 hours into Tyranny in the last two weeks.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

In the meantime I've put 80 hours into Tyranny in the last two weeks.
:cheers: I'm on my 3rd playthrough

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

...no, all the rewards (mounts, companions, etc.) are Friday.

The site makes it seem like you get it tomorrow. :/

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

If you're planning on staying subbed for at least 2 months anyway Origin has a 2 month pack for $30 that includes 1050 coins. You can use this pack if you used the Origin KOTFE pack. Same price as a normal 60 day sub but an extra 1050 coins.

A better deal if you haven't ever bought it is the KOTFE starter bundle from Amazon which is 90 days of sub time + 2400 cartel coins.

I resubbed on the Amazon pack but thanks for the Origin link, I'll check it out.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
If you've been inactive a while (I think at least 90 days) you can use a referral code to get 7 free days if you use it before resubbing. Use the referral right before activating the sub and it will stack (also true if you're subbing for the first time). You also get some quality of life unlocks that are handy when your sub lapses again in the future.

Here's my code, or if you know another subscriber you'll be playing with directly you should ask them for theirs.

http://www.swtor.com/r/W62Csy

Ossipago fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 27, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

One reminder - if you've got a crew skill like Armormech or Synthweaving, make sure to buy any schematics for outfits you like. If it's like 4.0, there's a chance they'll take those schematics off the trainers.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Should I blow my wad of common data crystals on companion gifts or just take the credit buyout? I haven't touched KotFE yet on my 65 so would I need to buy the pass to Odessan?

Just came back a few weeks ago and want to not get too screwed by the new patch's changes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kaysette posted:

Should I blow my wad of common data crystals on companion gifts or just take the credit buyout? I haven't touched KotFE yet on my 65 so would I need to buy the pass to Odessan?

Just came back a few weeks ago and want to not get too screwed by the new patch's changes.

Companion gifts from Odessen are currently selling for 80,000 credits each or more, depending on the server. They cost 30 common crystals each. On Tuesday, you'll get 500 credits per common crystal - so as long as you sell the companion gifts for more than 15,000 credits each, you're far better off selling them. They may even sell for more when 5.0 drops.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Medullah posted:

Companion gifts from Odessen are currently selling for 80,000 credits each or more, depending on the server. They cost 30 common crystals each. On Tuesday, you'll get 500 credits per common crystal - so as long as you sell the companion gifts for more than 15,000 credits each, you're far better off selling them. They may even sell for more when 5.0 drops.

Perfect, thanks! I'll buy them and hang onto them to see what happens to the market post-patch.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

poo poo, just realized I got on the plane and left my key generator dongle behind. How likely would it be that I can maybe call customer support and get the key reset? I can't even login to my account on the website now and I didn't quite finish up the DvL poo poo.

Fuuuuuuck... :gonk:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Fuzz posted:

If everyone on Harbinger moved over to JC with their friends, we could actually have a real guild again and do actual group content.

Let's start a fund to pay for all the people too cheap to just drop the 90cc. Conversely, Medullah could just foot the bill as payback for the Nigerian millions of CC he's made off of referrals... :haw:

Instead of transferring over I just made my DvL characters there to play instead. :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

poo poo, just realized I got on the plane and left my key generator dongle behind. How likely would it be that I can maybe call customer support and get the key reset? I can't even login to my account on the website now and I didn't quite finish up the DvL poo poo.

Fuuuuuuck... :gonk:

Try to log into the website and leave the security key part blank it will take you to a second screen asking for the security key but there will also be a Lost My Security Key link. They'll e-mail a one-time password to you and you can remove the key yourself.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Does "be a subscriber on 11/27" mean you have to still be set for recurring? My recurring is not on but I still have a week of subscription time left. Really wanted to wait until tomorrow to resub to see if Origin put the combo on sale for Cyber Monday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Does "be a subscriber on 11/27" mean you have to still be set for recurring? My recurring is not on but I still have a week of subscription time left. Really wanted to wait until tomorrow to resub to see if Origin put the combo on sale for Cyber Monday.

I was wondering this myself. I am pretty sure though you just need to be a subscriber, it doesn't have to be a reoccurring sub.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The first chapter of Sith Warrior is better than I remember it, probably because when I first tried it I was attempting to "Light Side Sith Warrior" like everyone crows about.

The bits where you're forced to slaughter a couple dozen nameless people don't stand out when you're not pursuing an ideology beyond self-interest.

I'm still a shade more light than dark though because a lot of those options are the smart choice.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Darkside Jaesa is a lunatic.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sassassin posted:

The first chapter of Sith Warrior is better than I remember it, probably because when I first tried it I was attempting to "Light Side Sith Warrior" like everyone crows about.

The bits where you're forced to slaughter a couple dozen nameless people don't stand out when you're not pursuing an ideology beyond self-interest.

I'm still a shade more light than dark though because a lot of those options are the smart choice.

SW plays best if you go predominantly Dark until Tatooine, then switch. Makes the story Foote amazingly well, straight into the end of KotFE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

No, as long as you are subscribed on 11/27 you'll be able to access KOTET on Tuesday. I guess the one exception would be if your sub lapsed on 11/28 and you didn't resub in time.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

No, as long as you are subscribed on 11/27 you'll be able to access KOTET on Tuesday. I guess the one exception would be if your sub lapsed on 11/28 and you didn't resub in time.

Is this the case? I used the origin deal to subscribe today but the website seems to indicate you needed to be subbed from 10/25 - 11/27 in order to get early access.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

Is this the case? I used the origin deal to subscribe today but the website seems to indicate you needed to be subbed from 10/25 - 11/27 in order to get early access.

Nope, you should be good. Unless it specifically said that, it's usually been "be a subscriber on this date"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

Jaesa is autistic.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Watcher 2 is weaponized autism

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Nothing makes Jaesa more angry than people who won't conform to beep boop black and white stereotypes.

A bad choice for my apprentice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

Medullah posted:

Nope, you should be good. Unless it specifically said that, it's usually been "be a subscriber on this date"

I'm wrong. Just looked it up, and you had to be a subscriber from 10/25-11/27 to get early access. 11/27 sub date is just for Non-Entity's new badass Walker mount.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

When does this iteration of DvL end? Next Tuesday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

DVL ends in two days, so this tuesday, (11/29) not next tuesday (12/5)

• Locked thread