Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Shark Tower posted:

Anyone still on the ball about multiple exdeaths; 4x meteor is really REALLY drat strong.

I just don't know how to get that many 6* awakening mats. gently caress I have a Refia, Exdeath and Bartz to awaken already but no mats. The Karma event was garbage so I guess I am stuck waiting until the next moogle event.

Then again I beat the wind shrine and nothing opened up in the story. How do I get to Olderian and does it make it any easier to get 6* mats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

God Arena this week is going to be loving terrible

If a Lightning/Luneth actually does their AOE or any of the Army of Exdeath's cast Meteo its pretty much game.

Only if you've brought mages to a knife fight. CoD, Cecil, Refia and Lightning laugh at your space rocks.

:getin:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
At this point im not even worried for the amount of Mats required to get the army of tree's.
Its the experience. Bloody hell this is gonna take awhile.

Please Gumi, give us the Maze back. The Maze was cool and bro tier even if it did sometimes slap us with its dick, it usually gave us reprieve as well.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

PaybackJack posted:

The ones on reddit come in 2 flavors: lapis spending and non-lapis spending. Are you sure you found the right thread? The TM Macro I've been using from that thread is the best one out there. Well tested to not click on anything destructive, can click back into the app if the app crashes, and runs super fast.

Which one would that be?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Zebia posted:

Which one would that be?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shoenin posted:

If a Lightning/Luneth actually does their AOE or any of the Army of Exdeath's cast Meteo its pretty much game.

I love my dark cannon/boo! combo. Not as effective as the others but cecil does a guranteed 999 and often combos for 1k+ while boo paralyzes whole teams.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
!
With luck we'll have that one before 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did one more 1/2 pull because I'm dumb, got another gold crystal and Exdeath #4. Someday, I will 9x meteor (or 10x whenever I get around to farming my dualcast TM(s)) the arena and life will be good. Though by then we'll probably have shantotto's 5* form and her twister spam is just worlds better than meteor due to the elemental chaining, so I'll probably just get my 3rd Exdeath leveled and leave it at Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Rydia/Cecil.

ELT in the big bridge wasn't too bad with CoD/Agrias/Exdeath/Lenna/Cecil and the 730ish atk Luneth murderbuddy I have. I didn't get the no deaths reward because somehow Exdeath got killed in the first Gilgamesh fight. :(

Shoenin posted:

Being able to one-round even whale teams with meteor spam is pretty fun. Only downside is I rarely see an opponent with 1.10 or better ratio so my medal gain isn't nearly as good as it could/should be. :sigh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Only if you've brought mages to a knife fight. CoD, Cecil, Refia and Lightning laugh at your space rocks.

:getin:

I've never had a Refia survive my meteors (I chain thundaga and stonra in the middle to ensure the link doesn't break) considering the last meteor in the chain usually hits for about 1500 damage on most people. Sometimes a Cecil will if the chain is bad but he's nearly dead at that point and a single meteor will easily finish him off.

MrLonghair posted:

!

If we're lucky we'll get it at the same time, but those units are probably going to be powercreeped as hell (or at least maybe Noctis will be) so they'd probably do some goofy hamfisted nerf to undo at some point* in the future.

* never, because they'll forget or not care.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Gumi has an event in thier facebook page where you get a summon ticket and some gigatuars if you're over rank 15 and post a screenshot of your character page. It lasts until 12/8
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/race-to-rank-15/692786827549867

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Tengames posted:

Gumi has an event in thier facebook page where you get a summon ticket and some gigatuars if you're over rank 15 and post a screenshot of your character page. It lasts until 12/8
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/race-to-rank-15/692786827549867

Hmmmm ..... :effort:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Coding something that checks this out and does it automatically to the players is too much effort for Gumi so its too much effort for me to do manually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Coding something that checks this out and does it automatically to the players is too much effort for Gumi so its too much effort for me to do manually.

This is to get FB traffic. If they just wanted to do a check that requires player input they'd likely have just setup a page where you enter you character ID and email address like they do for the Unit of Choice stuff in Brave Frontier. Just giving out the ticket and cactuars for hitting rank X or higher doesn't get them traffic.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Shoenin posted:

People give DK Cecil a bunch of poo poo, but that motherfucker still hits like a goddamn bus, the HP Loss can be controlled, if still of an issue. Tanky for a damage dealer to boot as well.

I can't get over his stance. Bring those legs together a bit, bro.

Edit: what should I be doing with all my crappy friend summons? Hang on for merging/trust farming?

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 26, 2016

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
First batch of TMs just finished! Elza is now 644 ATK :getin:

I've opened a few slots for goon friends:

If it fills up, just let me know and I'll clear some more space.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Tengames posted:

If it's anything like the other Facebook events, we're all going to get the rewards anyway, so why bother.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
all i wanna say is the background effects in the Stormy Seas dungeon are really sweet

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Anyone leave Locke up 24/7 as their friend unit? I desperately need more Locke friends. 935 075 853

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Skyridge posted:

Anyone leave Locke up 24/7 as their friend unit? I desperately need more Locke friends. 935 075 853

not 24/7 but...Locke is probably the most useful thing I can share since my lightning is easily outclassed by others.

sent you a request

also have some more room, if anyone wants a locke friend, 5 slots 796 080 166

Lurkzilla
Aug 31, 2006
Can someone explain how Locke's ability works exactly? Is it just literally the chance of a random enemy dropping something? Does it affect rarity (like rare materials from the vault)? How about exploration caches? Do multiple Lockes stack for this purpose? Just curious when it's most useful.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
It just increases the chances of a chest dropping after a monster dies. Probably not the rarity of the item inside. And multiple locke's do increase chance with a diminishing return. Honestly, even a quick google search provides conflicting reports on whether treasure hunter is good or not. It's probably just a placebo effect, I just bring Locke for good luck.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Half pull got me Exdeath number 3. Maybe one day I'll even be able to level the other two.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bringing a mage team to ELT levels, especially Kefka, is becoming way too much of a bother at this point. A stiff wind knocks them out. I really need to finish my Refia, Bartz and second CoD but it's taking absolutely forever.

I rushed all the new story content to get some Lapis. I knew they were gonna pull the "I am your father" bit eventually.

MrLonghair posted:

!
From a marketing standpoint the sooner they release it the better, and according to that employee AMA SE in Japan often pushes decisions on Gumi so the possibility's there.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 26, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got :bediled: in the Arena today.

Bedile as leader? Sure! Why not?

Well, that's an easy win!

Let's do it again!

Umm... that's not what was advertised...

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

PopeCrunch posted:

Yeah veritas of the heavens just hosed me to pieces in that windmill village. Guess I gotta kit out for wind resistance and earth damage.

oh my god i'm getting just destroyed. is the answer anything but 'welp level all your dudes to full plus awaken them to max and swing for the fences' or is there some trick i'm not getting. Team is CoD (5*, L39) / Kain (4*, L58) / WoL (4*, L60) / Arc (5*, L24) / Refia (4*, L60). Been trying like hell to get the materials to awaken WoL and Refia, but fuuuuck.

edit to add: Arc and Refia both have Gaia Gear on, which comes with a 50% Wind weakness, but honestly? I'm getting poo poo-stomped so hard that it doesn't even matter. I must be doing something wrong.

edit again: ok, got the recipe for cleric's robes in case that 50% will make a difference, also picked up the recipe for baraerora and i've got that cooking now. now i need 15 more abominable wings, because of course i do. fuk

PopeCrunch fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 26, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
369 318 546 if anyone else needs a Locke, have 5 spots

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PopeCrunch posted:

oh my god i'm getting just destroyed. is the answer anything but 'welp level all your dudes to full plus awaken them to max and swing for the fences' or is there some trick i'm not getting. Team is CoD (5*, L39) / Kain (4*, L58) / WoL (4*, L60) / Arc (5*, L24) / Refia (4*, L60). Been trying like hell to get the materials to awaken WoL and Refia, but fuuuuck.

edit to add: Arc and Refia both have Gaia Gear on, which comes with a 50% Wind weakness, but honestly? I'm getting poo poo-stomped so hard that it doesn't even matter. I must be doing something wrong.

Getting CoD to 5*/80 and WoL to 5*/69 is the most important thing for that team, I think - that gets you Barrage and Full Break. Take off the Gaia Gear and Golem to help make life less miserable. Spam Cura all day erryday.

EDIT: Since Refia is 4* and I didn't realize her 4* was so poo poo, craft a spare Cura to slap on her if you don't want to grind out her Awakening mats. Otherwise, she learns both Cura and Curaja at 5*.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 26, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After playing since launch and never getting one, 3 of the last 4 days I got a Cerius :iiam:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a reason there's a shadow on the ground following Elle around in these cutscenes? There is a shadow with no sprite in these things.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Your excess energy is triggering me so hard

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, never mind, I figured out the shadow thing it was exactly what I though it was.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I love having excess energy. I'll sometimes go a few days without playing, so I get the daily energy bundle thing, and then i'll have a couple days where I want to play it for hours, so it works out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Your excess energy is triggering me so hard

It used to be at the cap. :(

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

So I've been using Exdeath for the last few weeks in arena, and I also used him in every level of Big Bridge, and I just realized he was completely unequipped, both of gear and abilities, the entire time.
:ughh:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Mylan posted:

So I've been using Exdeath for the last few weeks in arena, and I also used him in every level of Big Bridge, and I just realized he was completely unequipped, both of gear and abilities, the entire time.
:ughh:

I felt dumb not equipping Refia with Dualcast after explicitly going "Ok, I'll do Big Bridge for the trust moogle to get Dualcast so I can do Antenolla more easily" (Thankfully I still cleared in first try)
But uh, yea. Woopsy?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just had the weirdest PVP match ever.

Enemy team is Luneth, CoD, ExDeath, Kefka, and Delita. They get the first turn. I look away only to find one of my Kefkas petrified.
I kill everyone but the dual wielding CoD. Suddenly my own Cecil and CoD are petrified. Turns out this CoD is somehow petrifying me with her physical attacks? Eventually it comes down to the wire, I have one Kefka left with 100 HP. Turn goes to the other team, CoD uses Darkside, killing itself and the rest of my team. I get awarded the victory. Still though, that was absolutely bizarre.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, never mind, I figured out the shadow thing it was exactly what I though it was.
It annoys me how often that guy got away. He lost on three separate occasion and the last time they didn't even bother justifying. Watera is the most non-threatening thing to boot.

Heck is there any way to make a water spell not look totally flaccid and non-threatening short of tsunamis?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Enemy team is Luneth, CoD, ExDeath, Kefka, and Delita. They get the first turn. I look away only to find one of my Kefkas petrified.
I kill everyone but the dual wielding CoD. Suddenly my own Cecil and CoD are petrified. Turns out this CoD is somehow petrifying me with her physical attacks? Eventually it comes down to the wire, I have one Kefka left with 100 HP. Turn goes to the other team, CoD uses Darkside, killing itself and the rest of my team. I get awarded the victory. Still though, that was absolutely bizarre.

Welcome to the new hotness of arena. Golem Staff is in the gale vault and unlocked this week, and anything that has barrage and dual wield can use it to petrify people like crazy, and both Cloud and Butts can wield it natively. Butts even has a super-barrage that gets 5 hits instead of 4, and the proc can go off on either hand.

It is the bee's butts, as the saying goes.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 27, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

Welcome to the new hotness of arena. Golem Staff is in the gale vault and unlocked this week, and anything that has barrage and dual wield can use it to petrify people like crazy, and both Cloud and Butts can wield it natively. Butts even has a super-barrage that gets 5 hits instead of 4, and the proc can go off on either hand.

It is the bee's butts, as the saying goes.

And of course, abilities like Esuna and CoD's AOE status removal skill don't affect petrify so either be immune or risk getting screwed with by RNG.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

CoD can equip staves. The Golem Staff has a 30% petrify on-hit ability with a physical attack.

FAKE EDIT: soundly beaten.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Where do I find Hunger. I still haven't killed a single one, the quest says. I have tried the two zones listed on the wiki, done days, ZERO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Where do I find Hunger. I still haven't killed a single one, the quest says. I have tried the two zones listed on the wiki, done days, ZERO.

Wicked Peaks, Alluring Winds.

No, you won't hit them frequently, but you will hit them. There's even a script you can just let run for a while.

• Locked thread