Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That first one is just a scouter, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I don't recognize any of them as being from FF games, but this translates to "Super Guts Headband"

Grozz Nuy posted:

That first one is just a scouter, what the hell

Let's just call them what they really are: Scope Lens, Mystic Water, and Focus Sash. I'm so glad FFRK is getting this Pokemon collab.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think there's a Dissidia item called Sniper Soul?

The second one is I think from FF13, translated as "Starfall Pendant". Matches up with the Poison resistance on it too.

The last one I can't find in a previous game at all, but calling it Super Guts Headband with sleep prevention is probably a cry for help from the dev team.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm almost positive that Sniper soul is from FFVII

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
There was a Sniper Sight relic back in FF VI that gave your physical attacks 100% accuracy.

Nobody remembers it because nobody used physical attacks in that game. :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

^^ The newest release called it the Sniper Eye, but I'll check out gameFAQs for anything called a Sniper Soul in FF7.

Come to think, would that headband be the Ribbon from several of the SNES-era FFs? (I've added the above names to the document.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm guessing the "Super Guts Headband" is probably the Twist Headband.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

There was a Sniper Sight relic back in FF VI that gave your physical attacks 100% accuracy.

Nobody remembers it because nobody used physical attacks in that game. :v:

I hate every modern presentation of Terra because I stapled the Atma Weapon to her hand and wreaked everything's face forever. Magic was for nerds and as far as I'm concerned Terra's a Spellblade at absolute most. :colbert:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Luckily her OSB is a sword :v:

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Tonight is the night that my Onion Friend becomes a Knight. Looking forward to clownstomping Red Soul and Ahriman to make my fully mote-unlocked Onion Knight all 5's.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Beasteh posted:

Well... kind of.

I mean, it's a sword, sure, but it's Blood Sword.

You know, Drainer.

I''m not sure how many people associate that with Terra, let alone Terra blowing up things with magic, in the source material. Or, for that matter, equipped it more than five minutes, on average, given how strangely it worked. (Sure, it's good on challenge runs...)

It's a bit of an odd choice.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

I hate every modern presentation of Terra because I stapled the Atma Weapon to her hand and wreaked everything's face forever. Magic was for nerds and as far as I'm concerned Terra's a Spellblade at absolute most. :colbert:

Dual-fisting the Atma Weapon/Valiant Knife was one of threefour ways to make physical attackers not suck in vanilla (non-romhack) FF6.

The other ways were Fixed Dice + Genji Glove + Offering and the Psycho Cyan glitch.

EDIT: I forgot about Mog and Edgar becoming Mario and Luigi and jumping on the heads of enemies forever.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I always just did Genji Glove and Offering for 8-hit Attacks. Is that not the way to break the game?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

The way to break FF6 is to cast Ultima enough times in one action that you deal well over half the life of everything that exists, then cast Ultima a few more times to finish the job.

Though, really, you can also have Gau mimic a monster which is a woman in a china dress and use the unique ability to force basically any enemy in the game to bash themselves in the face until they die.

(Edit: Wait, the china dress one was the one that forces enemies to Cover Gau, IIRC. Also good. I forget which monster exactly had Charm. It's still ridiculous.)

Really, FF6 is kinda breakable.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

SageAcrin posted:

The way to break FF6 is to cast Ultima enough times in one action that you deal well over half the life of everything that exists, then cast Ultima a few more times to finish the job.

Though, really, you can also have Gau mimic a monster which is a woman in a china dress and use the unique ability to force basically any enemy in the game to bash themselves in the face until they die.

(Edit: Wait, the china dress one was the one that forces enemies to Cover Gau, IIRC. Also good. I forget which monster exactly had Charm. It's still ridiculous.)

Don't forget the classic Vanish/X-Zone combo from the original cartridge. I used it once for giggles and then went back to having fun.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SageAcrin posted:

Belladonna. It's the flower from Owzer's House, not the china lady.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Setzer is also broken af, combining the Offering with Dice/Fixed Dice and also Slot once you understand how it works and how to rig it

FF6 rules

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

Setzer is also broken af, combining the Offering with Dice/Fixed Dice and also Slot once you understand how it works and how to rig it

FF6 rules

I super appreciate that Setzer is going to rig the slots with his BSB too

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

bilperkins2 posted:

I always just did Genji Glove and Offering for 8-hit Attacks. Is that not the way to break the game?

Not if you forget to cast Quick for 16-bhit action like some kind of scrub

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Did some pulls on the FF3 banner.

100 gems: Gungnir :toot:
I seem to be building a nice collection of wind SBs.

50 mythril: White Mage Robe and Onion Gauntlets! :woop:

I had 50 more mythril ready to spend, but with both bursts I think I'm done here. Time to get to work on Onion Knight.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
Real quick, would anyone happen to know the next expected date for an orb/gil rush dungeon? I haven't seen one in quite some time and I could really use a money boost at the moment.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I personally did 2 11 pulls with gems and one with Mythril on the FF3 banner

Pull 1: Arc's White Mage Robe (Word of Kindness)

Pull 2: Arc's Elder Staff (Renewing Rains)

Pull 3: Chanter's Djellaba (Which made me have a +/6*, which is just generic robes for FF12, has 84 Def and 129 Res at 25/25) and Onion Sword (Onion Slice)

Then came the 50-mythril Black Friday banner which I had considerably better luck at.

Dagger of Resolve (IX) (Dagger of Resolve? Must be a translation snafu. Also I chased after this on it's last known banner), and Artemis Bow (V) (Beryl Serpent. AKA: Full Break in a can with Reverse Wall commands!)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Munoma posted:

Real quick, would anyone happen to know the next expected date for an orb/gil rush dungeon? I haven't seen one in quite some time and I could really use a money boost at the moment.

I forget the exact date, but one's slated to hit in the middle of next month. We might get a bannerfest of some sort in that time, we might not.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

LornMarkus posted:

Beasteh posted:

Both these things, which is why I'm hitting Banner 1 hard if they don't change her stuff. I never got her Tiara, and it would be a nice thing to find while I chase her O-weapon.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

I forget the exact date, but one's slated to hit in the middle of next month. We might get a bannerfest of some sort in that time, we might not.

Thank goodness, I accumulated about twenty million gil and lost it all slowly. Then again that's what happens I guess when you're constantly whoring the orb exchange.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Well, I think I've determined some names based on checking out the Sniper Soul. My guess is that all of these accessories are intended from a flavor standpoint as upgrades to well-known recurring gear in the general FF canon. Of course SE still would have to derive the relevant names from somewhere, so they can't just pull things out of their asses. Thus the Sniper Eye becomes the Sniper Soul (Dissidia FF), the Star Pendant becomes the Starfall Pendant (FF13), and the Headband becomes the Guts Headband (FF13: Lightning Returns). In fact in retrospect I'm surprised that I didn't just try "Guts Headband" right off the bat.

Munoma posted:

December 18th through January 3rd.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 27, 2016

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Holy poo poo maybe I'm a little late to the party but...

You know how wrath was useless for physical support characters because of its weird +6% attack buff overwriting shout?

I just realised wrath stacks with vessel of fate and is now a decent option for supports e.g. Vaan / Faris to spam good things :stare:

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

"Nothing on the 100 gem, Ah gently caress it let's do an 11 pull on this banner for Ingus or Refia BSB"

7/11

Aegis Shield
Eternal Staff
2x Desch's Sword
Rising Sun
Break Blade
Healing Staff (IV)

Jesus christ I've never seen so many shinies all at once :stare:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Many thanks to you!

So I'm going to try and clear some nightmare dungeons I didn't finish. So far though I think the only ability I want to create is Curada. Which of the Six tier abilities are good/viable?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Inge posted:

Holy poo poo maybe I'm a little late to the party but...

You know how wrath was useless for physical support characters because of its weird +6% attack buff overwriting shout?

I just realised wrath stacks with vessel of fate and is now a decent option for supports e.g. Vaan / Faris to spam good things :stare:

Why are you not using Lifesiphon on Vaan? :psyduck:

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Refia's BSB from the 100 gem pull, III really seems to like me!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

100 gems got me Ingus's BSB :psyduck:

I guess that makes up for the Tiny Bee bullshit from yesterday

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

So I make a joking crack about how this EXP sack dragon had a dark aura around it and seemed kinda weird.

Then Red Dragon Ultimate dropped an Onion Mote for me.

Well played, Record Keeper.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw gave me a Shared Protectga from FFVII. Can't even be disappointed with it when it's my first VII armor and first shared Proshellga relic.

Still wish it was Refia's BSB though.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

oh my god that was loving horrid :stare: he was doing some spicy, spicy damage to me through wall, proshellga, full break, and ark blast+its commands

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

wizard on a water slide posted:

How big of a boon would OK BSB be (i.e. do you already have both a physical and magic boostga of some kind) and what's your III synergy like? If the answer is "nice but not vital" and "I'm okay with it", at least, I'd just save the mithril for future banners, especially OSBfest.

I have Shout and I have Sheepsong, so I have one boostga of each type. My III synergy is garbage, my best stuff is Onion Sword, Genji Gloves, Elder Staff, Black Belt Gi +++, and Dragon Helm +++. That's why I was hoping my first pull on OK1 would help my synergy, and it did slightly with the sword, but I was hoping for more.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

This is the best thing

Edit: oh hey I pulled the onion staff on a dollar pull. So now I have his sword and staff but no gloves :argh:

I'm glad I'll be able to use Onion Friend :unsmith:

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 27, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Is there anything worth pulling on between now and FFXIV? I'd pull on XI, but we probably aren't getting that, and I'm hesitant to pull for Rinoa OSB since I already have Selphie BSB.

Angeal 1 is quite good. Cloud's OSB, Zack's and Yuffie's BSBs, Cid's Shout copy, a +wind hat with Attack on it, and Cloud's enWind. If you're already set for FF7 synergy and don't need a Shout-like, though, it's less attractive.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Watching Luneth do 8x9999 with his second BSB cast was beautiful to watch.

Ahriman down, but man that was not pretty. If I hadn't pulled on banner 1 the Cid's Mission would have been a LOT tougher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Onion doesn't need any relics to carry the team. Good god the aoe spam at the end was hellish.

• Locked thread