Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

We know exactly what happens if you travel faster than light: You arrive at your destination before you left.

No, we don't know if that's what happens at all, because nobody has ever gone faster than light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ya'll should watch the Cosmos episode on traveling faster than light

it's very interesting

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Zzulu posted:

I want a harem. Why are they limiting me to porking one space alien? Why can't I pork all the crew on my ship. Why can't they all be my waifus

They've already said that you can romance/gently caress multiple people, and that on a per-character-basis they may or may not be fine with it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FronzelNeekburm posted:

In the new game, not only will get you get to do this, but you'll be required to play Jacob's dad's mission from the other side.

You kind of have to as population limits kind of need to go crazy up to sustain things. So get busy y'all.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Schubalts posted:

They've already said that you can romance/gently caress multiple people, and that on a per-character-basis they may or may not be fine with it.

Right, so it's like ME2's suicide mission, but instead of how many you can keep alive, it's how many you can gently caress. I'm going to go the FailRyder route of trying to get with the claustrophobic in the vents.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

tribbledirigible posted:

Right, so it's like ME2's suicide mission, but instead of how many you can keep alive, it's how many you can gently caress. I'm going to go the FailRyder route of trying to get with the claustrophobic in the vents.

What was the most amount of people that can die and still win again in ME2? I remember a youtube where some one figured it out and the last "Hold the Line" speech was to like one person.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BexGu posted:

What was the most amount of people that can die and still win again in ME2? I remember a youtube where some one figured it out and the last "Hold the Line" speech was to like one person.

You can always win, but I think you need at least two people alive when you get back to the Normandy to prevent Shepard's death.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 26, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skippy McPants posted:

You can always win, but I think you need at least two people alive when you get back to the Normandy to prevent Shepard's death.

Yeah, that's what the flowchart says

I'm guessing they wanted you to have a proper party for post-game shenanigans.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Finally read through the thread and got caught up on everything currently known about Andromeda.

Please don't gently caress this up, Bioware. :( TOR, ME3, DA2, and DAI have been such uneven games, with moments of greatness in story, gameplay, and characters, and lots of deep flaws as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Finally read through the thread and got caught up on everything currently known about Andromeda.

Please don't gently caress this up, Bioware. :( TOR, ME3, DA2, and DAI have been such uneven games, with moments of greatness in story, gameplay, and characters, and lots of deep flaws as well.

I will be satisfied when Ryder has a nightmare and chases a little puppy or alien girl in his dreamworld...all in slow motion.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
*looks into crystal ball*

Okay it's a bit murky but this is what the spirits have told me. The main story missions are going to be quite good and well paced. The overall narrative will be "generally fine" whatever that means but there will be long droughts of collectathon side quests and running back and forth across large zones to encourage you to buy something called "shiner and faster version of starting vehicle DLC".

Because of the sheer quantity of filler you will have completely forgotten the previous main story mission by the time you reach the next one.

Dragon Age Effect.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Okay it's a bit murky but this is what the spirits have told me. The main story missions are going to be quite good and well paced. The overall narrative will be "generally fine" whatever that means but there will be long droughts of collectathon side quests and running back and forth across large zones to encourage you to buy something called "shiner and faster version of starting vehicle DLC".

Because of the sheer quantity of filler you will have completely forgotten the previous main story mission by the time you reach the next one.

Dragon Age Effect.

Still beats ghost boy from me3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can I gently caress the turians

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Alain Post posted:

Yes good sir, right in their ends

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Alain Post posted:

So long as you don't ingest.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just want this game to be the best parts of ME1 and ME2 mixed together, is that too much to ask?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

frajaq posted:

I just want this game to be the best parts of ME1 and ME2 mixed together, is that too much to ask?

Yes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

So long as you don't ingest.

Meaning you need to be the pitcher not the catcher.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hahaha I forgot about the loving dream sequences from ME3, those might have been worse than the ending.

ME3's story was poo poo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DancingShade posted:

Dragon Age Effect.

thats interesting and all but how many holes do i get to stick my dick in though?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There was nothing wrong with the dream sequences

it was the choice to make some random child the focus of them

Why not make old dead crewmembers the focus instead? That might have made more sense

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zzulu posted:

Why not make old dead crewmembers the focus instead? That might have made more sense

It would. You would even have the Virmire casualty for the first dream, Mordin for the second (and I think Wrex, if Mordin didn't do it?) and Legion for the third (unless Legion lived, in which case you'd have Tali).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Watch them find a way to sneak Quarians/Krogans/Hanar/Elcor/Volus into the new galaxy, as stowaways or them sending another ark or some deus ex machina poo poo. Haven't thought exactly how'd they do it though. ME3's story was so bad and lovely when I wanted it to be good :(

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

no bones about it posted:

Watch them find a way to sneak Quarians/Krogans/Hanar/Elcor/Volus into the new galaxy, as stowaways or them sending another ark or some deus ex machina poo poo. Haven't thought exactly how'd they do it though. ME3's story was so bad and lovely when I wanted it to be good :(

They'll all probably be on the Nexus, it's definitely going to be the Citadel equivalent for Andromeda

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

even without the star child they would have been crap

just slowly running through a forest then SHOCK SCENE! Amateur hour poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I want to have a Hanar squadmate.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

no bones about it posted:

I want to have sex with a Hanar squadmate.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:cthulhu:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i wanna gently caress a Reaper

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zzulu posted:

And revisit old locations rather than use some forest we've never seen. Have the first one during Sovereign's assault on the Citadel from ME1, the second during the Collectors' destruction of the SR1, and the third during either the Collector Base or the fall of Earth, for example.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
so the dream sequences would have been good if they were something totally different

agreed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Moola posted:

The first question in any first contact scenario should be:

"Can I gently caress it?"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Moola posted:

YOU FEEL THIS.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no a child died on this planet, which is different from the rest of the loving devastated planet

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Moola posted:

It would totally be into BDSM though.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no a child died on this planet, which is different from the rest of the loving devastated planet

I would have to be human though. If Shepard saw poo poo like that on Surkesh or Palaven, the dream sequences wouldn't have been as compelling if you were chasing after an egg.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cythereal posted:

Don't worry, Andromeda will be so uniformly bad that it will dispel all criticisms of unevenness.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Now that more is starting to come out about Andromeda, I am honestly kinda worried. It's bad enough that Bioware believes they are able to launch this game in the Spring of 2017, there is no way that is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The dream sequences were total poo poo because you don't do something that narratively different 3 games into a series.

They were dumb cheap devices that betrayed exactly how drained of talent the writing squad had become after 3 games.