Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

fluffykittys posted:

Bakugo will become so obsessed with beating Deku that he will fight him so much that when Deku really becomes a hero, his greatest hindrance will be protecting/fighting off Bakugo constantly. He will have a harder time saving other people because he has to fight off Bakugo at the same time that he is saving civilians.

Or Bakugou loses both this fight and his short sighted aspirations and uses it as fuel to become a better hero than even All Might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
my prediction is that bakugo is sasuke

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Deku basically has to make some realization about his power to win this without it being a pyrrhic victory. Without his bracers he's going to have to tear something up again to win. Or perhaps that's the point, and he will opt to lose. I can't really see that happening though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bakugou's going to do something dumb like blow something up that then almost falls on him and instead of staying safe Deku is going to run in and rescue him. Thus showing Bakugou the difference between the two of them, how Deku was able to pass the provisional license test while Bakugou couldn't, and why All Might chose him.

Then Bakugou will end the fight himself with a new perspective on what a hero is and a new desire to improve.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just posting to say I approve of this new thread title

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Deku basically has to make some realization about his power to win this without it being a pyrrhic victory. Without his bracers he's going to have to tear something up again to win. Or perhaps that's the point, and he will opt to lose. I can't really see that happening though.

Deku has had a while to adjust to his powers since he started being able to use 5% safely. It's possible he'll win by pushing himself to 8% or something and not break anything.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Since fighting seriously will get them expelled and not interrupting this fight will cause them to get notable injuries which can't be concealed and thus get them found out and thus expelled...this fight is almost certainly going to be interrupted.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Xarbala posted:

I'm just posting to say I approve of this new thread title

bakugous mum is better though

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Since fighting seriously will get them expelled and not interrupting this fight will cause them to get notable injuries which can't be concealed and thus get them found out and thus expelled...this fight is almost certainly going to be interrupted.

Or maybe they actually do get expelled, the chapter ends with "End of Prologue", and next chapter onwards the story starts focusing on the true main character of the series, Tsuyu. :woop:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 27, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Bakugou is going to quit school and become a cop.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Rhonne posted:

And thus become the true #1 hero.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Surprise bakugou is actually domon kasshu
He will bakunetsu gou finger this guy

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I will agree that bakumom is awesome, maybe better than dekumom.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rhonne posted:

The world of My Hero Academia's version of Lethal Weapon is probably to amazing to even comprehend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyges posted:

The world of My Hero Academia's version of Lethal Weapon is probably to amazing to even comprehend.
CHIEF: Dammit, you're a loose cannon! You're off the case!

GUY WITH CANNON FOR HEAD: Hey, that's discrimination.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Endorph posted:

Please, Battle Hero Gun Head is a pillar of the community :colbert:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head.

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.

JosephWongKS posted:

Or maybe they actually do get expelled, the chapter ends with "End of Prologue", and next chapter onwards the story starts focusing on the true main character of the series, Tsuyu. :woop:

MOAR TSUYU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Endorph posted:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, the manga has spent a ton of time hammering home that it's absolutely positively not okay at all for the students to go off half-cocked and use their powers willy nilly without consequences. It would feel kind of weird if we went from an entire plot arc about the students needing to go through a ridiculously hard exam just to get a provisional license to use their powers in limited situations to immediately jumping to an impromptu street fight because Bakugo's ego hurts without there being horrible consequences.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bakugo is going to be expelled from the village hidden in the leafs hero school & will have to go hang out with the science badguy who's power is he has every power, due to his reckless fight with the good natured and hard working protagonist who has no natural hero power. Meanwhile, our heroes will have to infiltrate the village hidden in the sand's hero school, where everyone wears leather jumpsuits and biker caps for some reason. That's my prediction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

naruto had tons of natural hero power from the nine-tails tho

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh yeah - they both draw massive & borderline uncontrollable power from a 3rd party, forgot that part.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Endorph posted:

naruto had tons of natural hero power from the nine-tails tho

Kishimoto: hard work rules, it's all about working hard *writes a main character who has superior genetics from his ancestors and a magic fox his dad gave to him*

ninja privilege.txt

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Slime posted:

Kishimoto: hard work rules, it's all about working hard *writes a main character who has superior genetics from his ancestors and a magic fox his dad gave to him*

ninja privilege.txt

Kubo: This boy is able to take on veterans of Soul Society *has literally every gene from every major race in the series*.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Slime posted:

ninja privilege.txt

Don't forget that he's also a genius who picks up techniques super quick despite him being book dumb. And also despite being book dumb he's a quick thinker who outfoxes (lol) all his foes!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

Caught up on all the released volumes and it ruled extremely hard. Does anyone know what date to start buying the online VIZ magazines from?

e: Okay the current back issues go back to the 29th of August 2016 and I already had the back issues from April 18th to August 8th. So I have a small gap of approximately 30 chapters to bridge and then back to good translations.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 28, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just noticed the latest volume is #2 on the NYT list for Manga, behind the Zelda anthology but ahead of OPM and AOT. Nice.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I don't think the fight is gonna get interrupted, they're gonna stop it themselves. Bakugou just wants to fight until he figures things out. He'll probably have an epiphany or three and go "I see...okay" and they'll talk it out. Maybe All Might will get there, give a speech and Bakugou will go "I see. Okay. So like, gently caress Deku still, I gotta be #1 and be better than the best. GOT IT."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

turns out it was the shapeshifter girl whose name I forget the whole time and deku's been tied up in a broom closet this whole time

bakugou accidentally saves the day and validates his opinion to himself; mission accomplished

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Honestly not sure what the best hero name is between I Will Never Stop Twinkling and Lord Explosion Murder

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bakugou's hero name will be kacchan

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Final Pokemon update: I beat Pokemon Sun last night, and my MHA-themed team ended up as:

Endeavor the Incineroar
Mina Ashido the Alolan Muk
Mount Lady the Bewear
DekuMidoriya the Kommo-o
Muscular the Mudsdale
ToruHagakure the Mimikyu

I replaced All Might the Crabominable with Deku the Kommo-o as a nice little nod to All Might passing his legacy onto Deku, and ironically Kommo-o ended up barely contributing to the team just like actual Deku

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ah I didn't expect them to hint at the voice on Tomura's computer as the one who wounded All Might, I was sure it was going to be Stain. Can't wait to hear more about All for One.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh, it'll come up...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Final Pokemon update: I beat Pokemon Sun last night, and my MHA-themed team ended up as:

Endeavor the Incineroar
Mina Ashido the Alolan Muk
Mount Lady the Bewear
DekuMidoriya the Kommo-o
Muscular the Mudsdale
ToruHagakure the Mimikyu

I replaced All Might the Crabominable with Deku the Kommo-o as a nice little nod to All Might passing his legacy onto Deku, and ironically Kommo-o ended up barely contributing to the team just like actual Deku

Please appreciate Deku.

Also why is there a villain in your team.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aren't there like a shitload of frogs you could have used?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think there's only the one in sumo and it's a trade evo. might have missed something tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just started reading this and my grin only keeps getting bigger

send help