Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
I got a box of nifty gaming stuff dropped off at the post office, so yay.

Ewen Cluney fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, the stuff I bought has shipped, so my Santee will soon be Santed!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

grassy gnoll posted:

Gift received! Some kind soul gifted me a set of silky-smooth Vallejo airbrush paints. Who do I have to thank for this generous display?

I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

Seriously, glad you like 'em! I don't know much about minis, so I figured some paints would be the best idea. I hope you get good use out of that set!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got presents!

Thanks, LordAba!

I do like the gift. I will get good use out of the Lord of the Rings cards, and I'm interested in trying out Pixel Tactics, which I don't know anything about so that's good! I mean, except that it's pixelated, and presumably tactical.

Here is the obligatory cat photo:

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

A gift has arrived, with a note promising more to come! Pictures shall wait for that fateful day.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

I got presents!

Thanks, LordAba!
I do like the gift. I will get good use out of the Lord of the Rings cards, and I'm interested in trying out Pixel Tactics, which I don't know anything about so that's good! I mean, except that it's pixelated, and presumably tactical.

Sweet, I did notice the Lord of Rings set wasn't on your list but it had a "saga expansion" so I wasn't sure if you could directly use it. Unfortunately the store didn't have any of the expansions that you specified, and one of the guys told me that Thunderstone Advanced was something that might have severely died down.

Pixel Tactics is my usual default gift because it is so self contained and a great 1v1 experience.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
The gift for my Santee Number 1* has been deployed and should arrive sometime between next Tuesday and Thursday.

*Number 1 according to Leperflesh's bookkeeping, I love all my Santees equally.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
My sentry yoshi squad alerted me that a mysterious package arrived! Fortunately it was labeled.

How...mysterious. It could be a trap but it could be adorable. Only one way to find out.

Adorable it is!

And Krysmbot has a new companion.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Takenoko is a fantastic game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I successfully guessed the contents just from the pun in the tag. Excellently done. Hopefully Krysm will share and let me play too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I spent way too long trying to work out a decent panda pun for the card. But hey, what's cuter than pandas? I hope you enjoy it!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

A gift!

Been thinking about Sheriff for a while. Should be fun with my family while being heavy enough for me.

Thanks Santa!

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thank you my friend, I can't wait to bust this out and give it a shot! Awesome gift that will see many hours of play :)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

I spent way too long trying to work out a decent panda pun for the card. But hey, what's cuter than pandas? I hope you enjoy it!

Game gets the finacee seal of approval, we enjoyed it a lot!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hey. Hey. You know what you should do? Yeah, you, reading the thread. You know what you oughta do? You should sign up for the Lightning Bonus Round. You miss the initial gift exchange? You want another present? You feel like taking a chance on making me donate to the charity of your choice? Then sign up for the Lightning Bonus round and all your problems will be solved!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Amazon is telling me the stuff I sent has arrived at my Santee's abode, hopefully nothing went wrong and they enjoy what I picked out. :ohdearsass:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Game gets the finacee seal of approval, we enjoyed it a lot!

I believe you mean fiancée

jivjov fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 28, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

djfooboo posted:

Been thinking about Sheriff for a while. Should be fun with my family while being heavy enough for me.

Thanks Santa!

Yay! Glad you like it. I am a total newbie with board game stuff but a friend mentioned it being really fun and I saw it wasn't on the list. :D

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love seeing what other gifts people get. I hadn't heard of Takenoko before, but looking at it now it seems really great!

Kai Tave posted:

Hey. Hey. You know what you should do? Yeah, you, reading the thread. You know what you oughta do? You should sign up for the Lightning Bonus Round. You miss the initial gift exchange? You want another present? You feel like taking a chance on making me donate to the charity of your choice? Then sign up for the Lightning Bonus round and all your problems will be solved!

I've been considering it, but waiting to see how things shake out with exchange rates and whether or not an irresponsible black friday order I made can be cancelled before it gets shipped :smith:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Takenoko is a fantastically chill game that works really well with people who aren't, like, super hardcore boardgamers but it's still got a nice, puzzle-like sense of challenge.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Okay, I'm home. As promised, a picture of my loot!

Two games I've heard a lot of good stuff about, but never had a chance to try out. Huzzah!

I'll probably join in on the lightning round, but not until after I mail off my first secret santa shipment tomorrow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

Okay, I'm home. As promised, a picture of my loot!

Two games I've heard a lot of good stuff about, but never had a chance to try out. Huzzah!

I'll probably join in on the lightning round, but not until after I mail off my first secret santa shipment tomorrow.

Heyyy, and now that you posted pics, I'll cop to being your Santa!

I'm glad you like! Your initial wish list was so vague, I was worried those would be outside your realm of interest.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

jivjov posted:

Heyyy, and now that you posted pics, I'll cop to being your Santa!

I'm glad you like! Your initial wish list was so vague, I was worried those would be outside your realm of interest.

Thanks muchly! No, while I've never played either, they're both games I've been interested in.. I'm sorry my posted list was so vague. I'll definitely update it for the lightning round.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

Thanks muchly! No, while I've never played either, they're both games I've been interested in.. I'm sorry my posted list was so vague. I'll definitely update it for the lightning round.

Do you have the requisite D6s for Fiasco? It needs two different colors of dice, and 2 of each color for player. (Ex. 4 players would need a total of 8 white and 8 black dice. [Or whatever colors])

Also, not sure if Amazon printed my gift message; if you like Fiasco, there's over 30 more playsets available for free on their website.

And on Age of Rebellion, there's a sequel adventure to the one in the box on FFG's website, plus two more character folios to support 6 players.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1 IS NOW CLOSED!

We have six goons exchanging seven presents in this round (one goon is doubling up), but it's been (over) a full week, so it's time to get this one going. Round 1 goons, I'll be sending out the emails for your assignments over the next half hour or so!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2 IS NOW OPEN!

given the rate at which we did not fill up round 1, I do not know if this round will fill either. But, it still happens if at least three goons jump in!

For the full rules on the lightning bonus round, see the OP, and the post about round 1.

Even if you already participated in a previous round, you still need to send an email to sign up. I use these emails to help keep track of santee assignments, communications about specific gift exchanges, delivery issues, etc.

e. round 1 emails are all sent.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 28, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
BOOM, gift sent!

BOOM, Lightning Round 2 signed up for!

Bring it on, baby! I AM ALL THAT IS FESTIVE

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Bonus Round 2 is GO!

DigitalRaven posted:

Back for a third time, baby.

Dear winter gods that I don't believe in: I have not been much of a shitlord this year, so naturally deserve to get free stuff from internet strangers in exchange for giving free stuff to same.

Gift Preferences
I like RPGs, the weirder and more obscure the better. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copy of Everway, and last year got a copy of Nexus: The Infinite City (which was awesome). PDF and Print-on-Demand are absolutely fine. If you've published a your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games all the better! Scifi stuff in general is also good. Art books as well; the Deus Ex and Mass Effect art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me over the past few months.

I'm also a big Gundam nut, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

And, since I no longer have to worry about my wife seeing them, dongs are fine.

No Thanks
I've got enough board games that I haven't played, and don't use minis or play wargames
White Wolf/Onyx Path games (I write for them, I've got pretty much everything they've ever put out)
D&D/Pathfinder

General location :scotland:

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest the demons that live at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set worm their way into my skull and the Feeders in the Night consume my prefrontal cortex. I've been good the last two years, and ain't going to gently caress up this time round.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

An update: Drivethrurpg still a bunch of dumbasses, gifts are a pain. My Santa has corrected, and now in addition to the aforementioned Cosmic Patrol, I am the proud owner of these additional fine products!

I am thrilled and excited to have three new RPGs and a supplement to devour and plot campaigns that will sadly(?) likely never get played. :(

Thank you Secret Santa, whoever you are. :)

(My gift is in the city where my Santee lives, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cheer has been dispensed and should be with my santee within the next few days.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I assume there is a goon waiting on me to post my gift I received! I have thoughts and a picture to post but that will come later tonight when I'm not at work. I have been horribly sick through thanksgiving and am now on the mend due to large amounts of antibiotics. I took a quick picture last night on my iPad and fell asleep. I promise to post tonight while I wrap my santees presents.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Bonus part of my gift was sent out friday, and i've just received notification that the other part has also shipped! the race is now on to see which box gets to my santee first

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Gift deployed. I asked the vendor to send it directly to my Santee. I also asked them to include a note saying that it was a SA Secret Santa gift but they might not do that. So, if anyone receives a random box from Perry Miniatures that they don't recall ordering, then it's probably from me.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I also had the vendor send my gift straight to the Santee as they live very, very far away from me so if you get a random Amazon package it's from me.

Speaking of which, I got a random Amazon Package! I asked for books and I got a tingling feeling it's gonna be good.

:swoon:

It's perfect.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I missed the main round and the first lightning round, but I'm game for Lightning Round 2!

Gift Preferences: I pretty much stick to wargames and other minis these days. Board games are also cool. The more unique and/or interesting, the better! I'm deploying in January, so nothing to crazy/huge/whatever. Nothing too anime-ish, it's just not my thing. Anything else is fair game!

General Location: Colorado, USA.

I Solemnly Vow to not only not-Grinch this up, but get my gift out Lightning Quick!

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 1, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Present deployed!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Kruller posted:

Gift Preferences
I have a regular game night each week that has 5 people in it. My BGG list is up to date, however my brother-in-law has many of the games I don't, so if you're unsure, please ask! I also regularly game with just my brother-in-law, so 2 player games are dandy! I wouldn't be upset with any of the Scythe Kickstarter add-ons, since I got it retail. Metal coins (got em!), extra power dials, more realistic resources, that sort of thing.

I don't do miniatures or war games like that, don't have strong feelings about anime that isn't gross and covered in boobs, and am not into CCGs.

General Location
Kansas City, Kansas

Solemn Vow
You gonna get gifted.

Sign me up for round 2! I've also built a small wishlist based to help out, since my last Santa had some problems with my lack of useful gift information! Sorry about that, Ropes4u!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

This sounds like fun.

Gift Preferences
I love painting minis, and I particularly love weird monster minis, the weirder the better. Aberration was always my favorite creature type in D&D. I also like RPGs. I've got a pretty good collection:

Ryuutama, Golden Sky Stories, Ragnarok: Fate of the Norns, Torchbearer, D&D (core for all editions), Savage Worlds (plus all companions), Deadlands, 50 Fathoms, Slipstream, Accursed, Murphy's World, 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars, Rifts Ultimate Edition, Dungeon World, Dresden Files RPG, Fate Core, Spirit of the Century, Ehdrigohr, Eldritch Skies, Exalted, Low Life, Numenera, Paranoia (2nd Edition), Ravenloft, Planescape, Star Wars (1st Edition WEG), The Savage World of Solomon Kane, Part Time Gods, Weird War 2, Weird Wars Rome, 13th Age, Fiasco, and Star Wars: Age of Rebellion.

But I can always use more, especially if it's got a really cool backstory or does something weird and cool with the mechanics.

General Location
I'm living in beautiful Tucson, Arizona

Solemn Vow
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall stay my gift-giving merriment.

Signing up for Lightning Round 2!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up with emails. I don't have a Round 2 email for JackMann, but otherwise we're good there, and round 2 already has five people in it! Great!

Also I sent a gift to my Santee today! Feels good.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 29, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Presents away via Amazon! They should hit ground on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Hypnobeard posted:

An update: Drivethrurpg still a bunch of dumbasses, gifts are a pain. My Santa has corrected, and now in addition to the aforementioned Cosmic Patrol, I am the proud owner of these additional fine products!

I am thrilled and excited to have three new RPGs and a supplement to devour and plot campaigns that will sadly(?) likely never get played. :(

Thank you Secret Santa, whoever you are. :)

(My gift is in the city where my Santee lives, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.)

I have it on good authority that your Santa would join you in games of cosmic patrol and rocket age.

• Locked thread