Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This weeks ep was So wet, enjoyable, incredibly wet. (suddenly in Mitch voice) mines actually kind of dry, not all the way in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the new doughboys was recorded before trump won! hooray!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

cams posted:

the new doughboys was recorded before trump won! hooray!

Every pre-election podcast just turns out to be a real downer listening to it post election.
But that is just because i don't listen to any pro Trump podcasts.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 17, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Work Friend Keven posted:

This weeks ep was So wet, enjoyable, incredibly wet. (suddenly in Mitch voice) mines actually kind of dry, not all the way in.

... I'd eat some brown V.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Where's the episode, Burger Boy?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They took Thanksgiving off.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

They took Thanksgiving off.

Don't they understand that my sanity hinges on listening to a carefully curated schedule of free audio shows delivered to me free every week??

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Drunkboxer posted:

Don't they understand that my sanity hinges on listening to a carefully curated schedule of free audio shows delivered to me free every week??

Christmas-new year puts me in a panic every year

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
take it as an opportunity to discover a new favorite and then plunder the archives.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A food podcast that doesn't release some kind of special ep - at worst, a best-of ep - on the most food-centric holiday...a shameful podcast.

Though, honestly, I'm just worried that taking one week off will give Spoonman the motivation he needs to say "gently caress this show" and end it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

A food podcast that doesn't release some kind of special ep - at worst, a best-of ep - on the most food-centric holiday...a shameful podcast.

Though, honestly, I'm just worried that taking one week off will give Spoonman the motivation he needs to say "gently caress this show" and end it.

yea I'm worried not out of entitlement but out of a fear that if either of them gets too long away from this podcast he'll realize 'wait...I'm doing WHAT' and bail.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I'm worried not out of entitlement but out of a fear that if either of them gets too long away from this podcast he'll realize 'wait...I'm doing WHAT' and bail.

It really seems like the gimmicks are what pisses them off, if they just stick to trying new places it probably wouldn't be bad at all.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

There's still a lot of really well-known places they haven't covered yet (McDonald's and Applebee's off the top of my head) but they might be saving them for something special.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Drunkboxer posted:

It really seems like the gimmicks are what pisses them off, if they just stick to trying new places it probably wouldn't be bad at all.

Gimmicks piss them off? What about the Force awakens sucks bit (which it did) that went on for 6 months.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Probably meant the Doughlympics and the two -fests, I'm not sure a running joke counts as a gimmick.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I still have my fingers crossed for a Breakfast of Chompions event where they go back to most places they've already been and do breakfast menu-centric episodes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Probably meant the Doughlympics and the two -fests, I'm not sure a running joke counts as a gimmick.

Yeah. I do like when Mitch is mad but I think for the good of the podcast he shouldn't be driving 45 mins to eat at the same Red Lobster 4 times in a month. He also said he started Weight Watchers recently on Gabrus's podcast, so that has me worried about his gross-food-for-comedy intake. Then again he did drink 6 beers in an hour on that show so maybe Doughboys is safe.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

There's still a lot of really well-known places they haven't covered yet (McDonald's and Applebee's off the top of my head) but they might be saving them for something special.

I was just thinking about that last week. If there's a chain that deserves a whole month to it, it's McDonald's. Way too much to cover in one episode.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This podcast has gotten really horny.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am legitimately afraid to hear the fight between nick and mitch that was teased in the new episode

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Even with their disgusting wet cat food tacos, Jack in the Box is 4.5 forks for me. Tons of variety, 20 year ad campaign that's legitimately funny at times, and the best, most original fast food sandwich on this Earth: The Sourdough Jack.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Even with their disgusting wet cat food tacos, Jack in the Box is 4.5 forks for me. Tons of variety, 20 year ad campaign that's legitimately funny at times, and the best, most original fast food sandwich on this Earth: The Sourdough Jack.
i was disappointed that none of them were breakfast enthusiasts. the breakfast jack might be my favorite individual fast food item.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

When I lived in a state that had Jack in the Boxes I had a hard time resisting those cat food tacos.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Spencer for permanent guest. That was joyous.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Spencer needs his own segment - maybe something pre-recorded/call in? He could definitely replace Wiger - even though Wiger is great.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Spencer could never replace Wiger because he isn't a little bitch.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I've never thought Wiger would be the one that'll need replacing.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Dude definitely did Jack in the Box proud. Got exactly what was great about it. The ephemeral, here today gone tomorrow menu items are half the fun.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i am legitimately afraid to hear the fight between nick and mitch that was teased in the new episode
yeah this is awkward and hilarious

cams fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 15, 2016

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

yeah this is awkward and hilarious

It was among the funniest "two grown men whining at each other" or whatever Wiger called it last episode that I've ever heard.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is the nerdiest, most awkward fight that I've ever listened to.

I'm just glad they were kidding about quitting the podcast.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Not digging this gas leak ep.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm like 15 minutes in and this is hilarious but already confirms my suspicion that Evan Susser is, in fact, The Devil and actively working to tear the Doughboys apart.

EDIT: Can you transfer us to Biglari

Have you met Biglari

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 19, 2016

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

The fight episode was really good. Susser definitely stirred things up between Burger Boy and Spoonman in a good way. The Rogue One "spoilers" were a highlight for me, especially the after credits scene. Good stuff. Glad the 'Boys worked some stuff out and will keep doing the podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I'm like 15 minutes in and this is hilarious but already confirms my suspicion that Evan Susser is, in fact, The Devil and actively working to tear the Doughboys apart.

EDIT: Can you transfer us to Biglari

Have you met Biglari

Jesus, it's BIGLARI? All this time I thought Lawry's, the company that makes that cheap but delicious seasoning AND owns an upscale Beverly Hills restaurant, owned Steak n' Shake and that it's founder went by the name Big Lawry.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jesus, it's BIGLARI? All this time I thought Lawry's, the company that makes that cheap but delicious seasoning AND owns an upscale Beverly Hills restaurant, owned Steak n' Shake and that it's founder went by the name Big Lawry.

"That's a rough 39."

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why did they have some goofy twitter film critic kid on one of their episodes, and not that fine young entrepreneur?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Why did they have some goofy twitter film critic kid on one of their episodes, and not that fine young entrepreneur?

For whatever reason the LA comedy scene loves Lights Camera Jackson....which confounds me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Should I hold off on the Rogue One episode until I see the movie? i.e. spoilers?