Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

we really don't need to follow up Trump with an even less qualified presidential candidate.

Papercut posted:

LeBron would definitely be the most athletic politician of all time, but that's only because MJ hasn't run for office yet.
ummmm jesse ventura?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNQfJUcgO_1/

As a friend put it, Knicks fans are a gift :allears:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

straight up brolic posted:

we really don't need to follow up Trump with an even less qualified presidential candidate.

There is no evidence that LeBron is less qualified than Trump. At the very least we know he reads books for leisure. Trump doesn't. LeBron would at least be able to empathize with poor people and does real charity work.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron has owned a pet, I believe.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

ummmm jesse ventura?

I'll take Arnold over Jesse Ventura, any day.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Papercut posted:

wow correct

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/802728321880498176

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Thibs sucks

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/status/802728379002650626

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Westbrook has the same amount of career triple doubles as Lebron lmao

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

ummmm jesse ventura?

I dunno, Lebron is really freaking smart.

I do think he'll run for office eventually and he'll probably win.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
we'll need lebron in the oval office when china builds a 3-1 geopolitical lead on us

only he can do it

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Papercut posted:

Manny Pacquiao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i can't tell if anyone is being serious, but what makes you think that LeBron is smart enough to like hold political office and make decisions that impact peoples lives?

Dude's reading list consists of the hunger games, divergent, sports biographies, and malcolm gladwell books. based on those choices, we'd be heading on a bullet train to dystopia. we are living the plot of loving idiocracy

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hunger Games and Malcolm Gladwell is basically the perfect formula to be a rising star in the Democratic Party

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lebron would probably just turn the actual operation of being a politician to someone else, probably a friend or someone wearing a sweet throwback jersey. gently caress, at this point I might just be good with that. Lebron Autocracy 2020.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

*in annoying 2014 voice* LeBron couldn't even figure out a zone defense

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i can't tell if anyone is being serious, but what makes you think that LeBron is smart enough to like hold political office and make decisions that impact peoples lives?

Dude's reading list consists of the hunger games, divergent, sports biographies, and malcolm gladwell books. based on those choices, we'd be heading on a bullet train to dystopia. we are living the plot of loving idiocracy

Did u read the article about his photographic memory

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't be the only one who thinks if the nba players wanted to they could put together a congress and dominate the government

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dude, celebrities and former athletes become politicians all of the time. I'm 100% sure he could be a house rep and he could probably win a senate seat if he pick his spots right challenged someone unpopular

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
you realize who's gonna be president next year right

he literally called an entire race rapists and was rewarded

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

*in annoying 2014 voice* LeBron couldn't even figure out a zone defense

im donating $69.420 to the draft lebron 2020 campaign after reading this comment

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tae posted:

you realize who's gonna be president next year right

he literally called an entire race rapists and was rewarded

Please, he only called the vast majority of immigrants from one nation rapists.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Dude, celebrities and former athletes become politicians all of the time. I'm 100% sure he could be a house rep and he could probably win a senate seat if he pick his spots right challenged someone unpopular
yes, but we're making two different points. I'm saying that we should not want LeBron as an elected official. It's entirely possibly that he could be one.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

folks forgetting about Bill Bradley already

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't be the only one who thinks if the nba players wanted to they could put together a congress and dominate the government

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gotta dust off my sweet Abdur-Rahim Hawks neon green throwback. Might get me secretary of HUD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/r86h

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

By pointing out he reads for leisure I didn't mean I currently want to elect LeBron. Just that it's likely he could be better at the job than Trump. The bar has been lowered tremendously for all offices if the country can elect someone that doesn't like reading to the presidency.

I'm going to be so disappointed when the Mavs get healthy and ruin having a top 3 pick. This season is basically a failure (beyond getting Barnes) unless they get a great draft pick or package their draft pick + a couple of players for a franchise player. Also, I wish LeBron didn't hate the Mavs.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Zach Lowe made the point that it would be a great year for the Mavs to tank since they really wouldn't have to try very hard at this point.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

source your quotes

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only politician who is in a union

hahah President LeBron would be only the second President in US History who was a member a union (Ronald Reagan was a member and then later President of the Screen Actors Guild) :xd:

President LBJ would be the most recent President to have at least a memory of being poor since the previous LBJ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wait wasn't Clinton dirt poor in a backwards rear end part of Arkansas growing up

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Nah Clinton was middle class in a state without much middle class. Golf courses in high school kinda thing. He was also very good at describing his hardships to sound extra hardshippy

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Mr. F! posted:

Watching that video I see that jordan over-relied on the backboard. He was truly a one dimensional player.

Lines are one dimensional, using a square is two dimensional.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

Zach Lowe made the point that it would be a great year for the Mavs to tank since they really wouldn't have to try very hard at this point.

Stating this post hoc means my insight is not insight, but it seems to me that the commissioner and owners got together and agreed that no team would explicitly tank, because it damages the NBA as a tv entertainment product. So if you want to tank, you just pay old guys and take big chances for free agents, that you know you'll miss, overpay decent players, pretend a gang of role players are good enough starters, wait for the injuries to come and suddenly you're at the top of the lottery, like the old days.

The basketball might be bad, but it's professional, that's the main thing

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Stating this post hoc means my insight is not insight, but it seems to me that the commissioner and owners got together and agreed that no team would explicitly tank, because it damages the NBA as a tv entertainment product. So if you want to tank, you just pay old guys and take big chances for free agents, that you know you'll miss, overpay decent players, pretend a gang of role players are good enough starters, wait for the injuries to come and suddenly you're at the top of the lottery, like the old days.

The basketball might be bad, but it's professional, that's the main thing

It's weird not having a goofy crew slipping on banana peels to lose games this year

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 27, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

leftist heap posted:

Seems weird from an analysis standpoint to not think they already are. It's not like they can possibly dig out of the hole at this point

41 last year was the lowest amount of wins needed to clinch playoffs in the west in recent history

45 wins has been the average or thereabouts for 8th seed in the west this decade

Mavs are 2-13 right now.

They have to win basically 2/3rds of their remaining games to meet that minimum threshold.

They are already done.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm glad to see that Dion Waiters is ready to take over the mantle of franchise savior for the Heat of Miami. Taking them to the promised land, one bad jumper at a time. What are they going to get for a slightly used Goran Dragic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dwyane Waiters

• Locked thread