Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Calibanibal posted:

The real answer is DBZ w/ subbed voices but the dub version music.

This is literally backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Concerned Citizen posted:

if wall street reform wasn't meaningful, i would suspect wall street would not be desperately trying to repeal the reforms

any regulation, no matter how small, is vigorously opposed by wall street because the only good kind of capitalism is the unfettered kind.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Japanese Goku is unthinkable

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Darkman Fanpage posted:

any regulation, no matter how small, is vigorously opposed by wall street because the only good kind of capitalism is the unfettered kind.

so wall street is like the nra of finance

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Darkman Fanpage posted:

any regulation, no matter how small, is vigrously opposed by wall street because the only good kind of capitalism is the unfettered kind.

perhaps, but the cfpb has been effective and the laws that severely punish large banks for being too big have lead to the the really big ones actively working to become smaller. and various other activities have been limited or regulated by the law to make it more difficult for them to threaten the financial stability of the system as a whole.

but yes, if your fundamental stance is that you are against finance as it exists, then the frank-dodd regulations won't go far enough for you. but i think it takes more than 60 democrats to smash capitalism.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Guy Goodbody posted:

How can you focus on the G at the expense of the B? Wouldn't at least male Bs benefit from any work done for G? And what have they done wrong to L?
by not advocating for bisexual rights (socially, they are basically the same in terms of laws) you perpetrate that sexuality is a binary instead of a hosed up maze of feelings. anyone in that maze instantly chooses a side and if you're mostly heterosexual or generally bisexual then some of these people end up in the "being gay is a choice" and also these people are never advocated for or supported so they may not even think that, hey, yeah, if you hosed a dude in college twice and liked it you don't have to hide it or w/e.

it causes a lot of problems in terms of identification and allies and also bisexual erasure just straight up suuuuuuuuuucks.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Spoondick posted:

so wall street is like the nra of finance

Except guns are good.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

platzapS posted:

So I've started friend-ing some of the local young Democrat power brokers and got into an argument on a person's wall about the legitimacy of the Cuban regime. I was challenged to join the Peace Corps, piss up a rope, and explain to somebody's face why their uncle was shot. I also admitted I would prefer a one-party state where everyone got basic needs met over the current single party of rich people divided into two factions.

I am moving on up in the party.

Hey have you guys considered... full communism now?

No? Then PISS UP A ROPE

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Putting pro-life anybody on the Democratic ticket was a bad move.

He's pro-life in that his stated belief is pro-life and he has an almost 100% pro-choice record. He got comprehensive sex ed in VA because he didn't call it comprehensive sex ed, he called it "evidence-based abstinence-first sex ed". A big task for democrats going forward is convincing socially-liberal single-issue religious voters that they're actually democrats and they didn't try at loving all this campaign

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Kaine's biggest weakness is being a goober.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is there a way to lower the whole "we won't move on until the discussion is done" thing from 60 to 55? Or possibly do away with it all together?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there a way to lower the whole "we won't move on until the discussion is done" thing from 60 to 55? Or possibly do away with it all together?

Yes. It is called the "nuclear option" and with good reason.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao kaine was a loving nonentity in the campaign. like who the gently caress cares?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao kaine was a loving nonentity in the campaign. like who the gently caress cares?

But he locked down the aww shucks gee golly corporatist demographic.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i loved that the guy who was like "lol tacobowls i luv 'hispanics'" won

that tweet was like, everyone was in on the 'joke' like, its just such transparent pandering that it was funny, like 'yeah right lol'

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Yudo posted:

Yes. It is called the "nuclear option" and with good reason.

I think going nuclear is long overdue.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i was born in manhattan and that inherently makes me a wall street shill

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the revolution will search nyc's birth certificate records to find traitors in their midst

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

logikv9 posted:

You are the first against the wall when the revolution comes

Yudo
May 15, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think going nuclear is long overdue.

Only the republicans have the power to do it, so perhaps soon!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Everyone who participates in the melting of that goddamn golden cow will be cleansed of their taint

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Everybody is trying to find The One Thing(r) that sunk Hillary's campaign

My current front runner is the Chris Wallace debate where lol of a sudden roe v wade became a campaign issue

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
When they made a webpage about an internet meme

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Everyone who participates in the melting of that goddamn golden cow will be cleansed of their taint

we're gonna need a bigger crucible

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

He was pretty terrible in the VP debate

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GlyphGryph posted:

Absolutely not.

http://www.ontheissues.org is the closest you'll get, I think. You quickly realize many politicians do not seem to want things like "their stances" actually on record. It's also a lot of work, and they have rather limited manpower from what I understand.

I can see that being a problem with senators, governors and presidential hopefuls, but lower down the chain you would find people who are less guarded and more willing to tell their views. I'd be willing to bet if you asked someone running for the Wisconsin state senate their views on unions, they'd give you a passionate speech, positive or negative, about them. It wouldn't be too hard for people to just pick someone running, build rapport and just get their views to put up.

I wasn't kidding when I said we could goon project this thing. Getting involved with the DNC is a great fix that it is laudable many people are doing, but this could also be extremely worthwhile.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Grondoth posted:

When they made a webpage about an internet meme

🗑💩💥

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, that debate was terrible and was a bit of a mine canary.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

gently caress you're right, 3 emojis or less is gonna be on her goddamn grave

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

like i said who the gently caress cares. i doubt anybody was swayed by the vp debate.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Guy Goodbody posted:

nobody watched it or cared about it outside the type of lunatics who post here. i count myself as one and even i couldn't watch more than the first 10 minutes of that thing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the vp pick was just hillary playing 100% defense and also payback for getting someone to funnel all the money to the hillary campaign instead of like, uh, i dunno, winning downticket races. there was no reason to pick anyone but kaine in that moment even if everything else was a stupid mistake.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Why the gently caress was Obama still pushing TPP when Hillary had repudiated it? Seems like a bad idea.

Grondoth posted:

The deplorables thing too, as far as unforced errors go it was a "47%" moment.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Grondoth posted:

Given that her other options are "Benghazi-Emails-Pizzagate" or "Couldn't even beat Donald Trump," it's the best she's got.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Yudo posted:

Why the gently caress was Obama still pushing TPP when Hillary had repudiated it? Seems like a bad idea.

because he thinks globalization is good even though a small percentage of americans actually want it lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
globalization is way more complex than one deal good, one deal bad, but i think much of what is in the TPP fucks over americans (ability for corporations to bully small countries around is by far the stupidest part)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yudo posted:

Because they both supported TPP and it visibly galled Hillary to have to pretend to be opposed to it.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

globalization is way more complex than one deal good, one deal bad, but i think much of what is in the TPP fucks over americans (ability for corporations to bully small countries around is by far the stupidest part)

super secret backroom drafted hush hush pass fast trade deals aren't going to sit well with a sceptical public either.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yudo posted:

it's cool that the deplorable thing basically became a public self-labeling by people not worth engaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because they both supported TPP and it visibly galled Hillary to have to pretend to be opposed to it.

Oh yeah, Terry from VA outed her on that one. Still, with Obama pushing it she couldn't even muster an imitation of credibility.

• Locked thread