Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsane
Jul 16, 2003

Just make a mount to move the box over? It's not like it's going to gently caress with any steering angles.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Uffffgggg

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Time to fire up the big fuckin hammer.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

What about the vanifolds? If they're not the ones that interfere with the spark plugs while upside down one of the two might work there?

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 27, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

The old timers mention that we'll have to make a bracket to move the box over 1.5 inches.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also Dan's dad says its a grain truck not a dump truck because of the wood sides not steel

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

That doesn't look like anything to me.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

Oh, my turn: Would you ever kill a living thing?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

How is there still oil Lucas Oil Stabilizer in there?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Torque converters are magical devices that hold BP amounts of oil, just waiting to release the schmoo on an unsuspecting mechanic.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I learned that the fun way taking the van apart!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

cursedshitbox posted:

Torque converters are magical devices that hold BP amounts of oil, just waiting to release the schmoo on an unsuspecting mechanic.

The only way to totally empty a torque converter of fluid is with cleansing oxygenated fire, melting the thing down to its constituent metals and returning the fluid contained within to the sky whence it came.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dan's dad rules he's gonna put me up at his place if the truck isnt moving by the time Dan's wife gets into Town

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, is djdaddo13 the source of his son's madness? Are we about to get a bunch of pictures of another car horde?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

We can only hope :allears:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dan's dad rules he's gonna put me up at his place if the truck isnt moving by the time Dan's wife gets into Town

Does Dan assume that your presence when his wife comes back will lead to a quick divorce? :v:

I just assumed that she was an amazingly patient person and you just never mentioned her for some reason.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't want her feeling threatened by how good I look in fishnets

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Shes gonna get some interesting gossip the next time she goes to the beauty salon. :allears:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
(Dan this is where you post how she doesn't need to go there because of how perfect and amazing and beautiful she is and crop this post out PS: you're welcome I got your back bro)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Finally raining in Valentine I can get some loving work done

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
PANTHER PISS TASTES SO BAD

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

PANTHER PISS TASTES SO BAD

Not everything being sent is food!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Not actually but I swear we've got some sort of quantum-entanglement going on with our musical tastes.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

A man you meet a crossroads with an offer for you? I think I know what he looks like:

Thanks to you guys I re-watched this last night.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Possible issues? Left Kingpin and front upper leaf shackle

Compared to right.

Cleaning up the box

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

14 Inchman body pillows.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
Kingpin looks good from here, other than missing a grease cap. Maybe I am not seeing what you are seeing that looks bad about it?

It looks to me like the wrong bolts were used to install the leaf springs. I would replace at least the one that has slipped and add a washer to keep it from coming off again. Shouldn't be bad if you have a sawzall or hacksaw, BFH, and a new bolt the right size.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Right king pin seemed solid steel if ts a grease cap that's fine. I'm just preparing to assemble the front end and am going through anything that looks odd side to side.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, is djdaddo13 the source of his son's madness? Are we about to get a bunch of pictures of another car horde?

Next week, djdaddo13 and 14 INCH DAD hang out together, drink beers, finish truck in an evening.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Thanks to you guys I re-watched this last night.

Well, ain't this just a geographic anomaly! Two weeks from everywhere!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
old school kingpins are cold rolled steel aka toolsteel and are reamed in. they are a motherbitch to replace on big poo poo.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

old school kingpins are cold rolled steel aka toolsteel and are reamed in. they are a motherbitch to replace on big poo poo.

As my grandpa said. For stuck kingpins you must hammer heat repeat. This was after two glass of scotch and melting metal with map gas.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Forecast for snow again tomorrow. Gonna try to finish mounting the front end so I can do the harness inside. Running out of steam near the finish line.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Running out of steam near the finish line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2yqeD0Nus

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14", you don't have PMs so I'm just going to drop this in here and maybe some other Washington folks will also chime in. ExplodingSims, hope you don't mind, I just wanted to make sure Dick sees it.

I'm going to be in Washington over Christmas, and since I'm coming up pretty empty here in NM it might be a good time to try and find a 280ZX transmission. Can you recommend any salvage yards? I'd be willing to pay a bit more at a place that pulls the parts themselves so I don't have to lay in the December rain as a rusty Datsun slowly pushes my jack into the mud. If I can get a couple candidates, I can contact them now and see what they've got.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
I'm not an AI poster (or even a regular reader) but I come by once in a while to see what's good, and this thread is absolutely fantastic. 14", you're a real mensch! Following your journey has been one of the true highlights of my day-to-day life since I came across it. Keep kicking rear end!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

14", you don't have PMs so I'm just going to drop this in here and maybe some other Washington folks will also chime in. ExplodingSims, hope you don't mind, I just wanted to make sure Dick sees it.

I'm going to be in Washington over Christmas, and since I'm coming up pretty empty here in NM it might be a good time to try and find a 280ZX transmission. Can you recommend any salvage yards? I'd be willing to pay a bit more at a place that pulls the parts themselves so I don't have to lay in the December rain as a rusty Datsun slowly pushes my jack into the mud. If I can get a couple candidates, I can contact them now and see what they've got.

All About Auto Wrecking in Snohomish had a couple Z cars of varying years and types Google them their number comes up. Make sure its not All About Honda, that's the same yard but two guys run it and the yards don't cross over :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Idea for crossmember support is working. Downside being so windy I'm nearly getting pushed over lol

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OK wind look chill the gently caress out jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

OK wind look chill the gently caress out jesus

Fight it.

• Locked thread