Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

my point of pride is the (mistaken) permaban I now have on my rapsheet, its like coming back from the dead

How can you mistaken permaban? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fuschia tude posted:

I'm guessing permatoxxed but donated to RAINN but a clerical error made it a perma anyways.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

speng31b posted:

I hope he does. I have a hard time thinking of anything he could do to discredit himself more fully.

You're optimistic if you think this would discredit Trump in some meaningful way where he'd lose standing and influence, rather than everyone simply coming to accept that the new President deciding to prosecute their opponent based on their mood is how things work now. A few "Man how crazy is this?" articles, a few protests that get ignored or dismissed as violent sore loser riots, then the rest of the Republicans would remind us all to "give him a chance" and then we just embrace a world where Hillary's in Guantanamo because Stein hurt Trump's feelings.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

this is why they never let him talk in the games

:eyepop:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Covok posted:

I wonder if this leads to him putting Hillary on trial out of spite.

Nope, Jill Stein is now enemy of the state. The Clintons are good people.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The funny thing is that his meltdown is due to his knowledge of Russian interference. The funniest thing is that it isn't but he's so shallow and weak that any loss of numbers or a state or two will result in him not being as much of a president.

The State of the Union is going to be classic. It's going to be a mishmash of bullshit nonsense with Paul Ryan not knowing when to clap and the Republicans standing and clapping at odd times when Trump hasn't finished speaking while the Democrats sit quietly and stare, knowing it's driving him crazy.

Then his wig will fall off.

shiksa posted:

Good lord he's gonna get baited by other countries so hard.

China's already started by mocking his 45% tariff bullshit.

Covok posted:

Then Obama pardons her and Bill and gives a finger on the way out.

Dolash posted:

You're optimistic if you think this would discredit Trump in some meaningful way where he'd lose standing and influence, rather than everyone simply coming to accept that the new President deciding to prosecute their opponent based on their mood is how things work now. A few "Man how crazy is this?" articles, a few protests that get ignored or dismissed as violent sore loser riots, then the rest of the Republicans would remind us all to "give him a chance" and then we just embrace a world where Hillary's in Guantanamo because Stein hurt Trump's feelings.

No no no....the funniest thing is that the Republicans think they can control this. Kellyanne is a dimwit so she might just take the abuse until her body gives out, but keep an eye on Priebus and Ryan as they try to keep this idiot under control. Pence will just keep drinking and acting like a guy who just got interrupted from a deep nap, but Ryan and Priebus are going to age big time. Just wait until they get their 'don't take the president literally' speech on tape and it's aired across the world. poo poo. Will. Explode.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if trump ever put clinton on trial she'd just talk about all the time they spent together on the lolita express

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if trump ever put clinton on trial she'd just talk about all the time they spent together on the lolita express

"You ate the pizza too, Donald." *shimmies awkwardly*

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

honestly this and the last tweet probably stick in dem craws more than meaning he's shaken, can't say Trump isn't good with the barbs

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Then his wig will fall off.
ive been waiting a quarter of a century for this

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The funniest thing about the "Lock her up!" poo poo to me is that if you imagined a crafty, insidious fascist leader, what you'd expect to happen would be them claiming to be impartial and fair until they take office. Appoint a special prosecutor to look into Clinton while promising up and down that they're just conducting an "unbiased" investigation since politics had tainted the previous administration's justice department, then surprise surprise the hand-picked prosecutor finds "evidence" and a kangaroo court convicts. It's what people expected out of, say, the Bush administration, or Nixon, the sort of situation where maybe a heroic journalist revealing the investigation is a sham setup would matter and force the fascist to resign in disgrace. Basically that they'd have to subvert the system and abuse the spirit of the law to get their tyrannical actions through.

Trump is absolutely not that type. He is completely up-front that jailing Hillary is, in his mind, dependent on his whim - if he's feeling generous, she walks, but if she causes a scene then Crooked Hillary gets the book thrown at her. There's no point in revealing the investigation is a sham because there's no pretense, and his supporters already know it. He won despite his wild accusations, because of them even, and he's actually getting blowback for not throwing his power around like a conqueror. There's really not that much you can do against that, we're really just lucky that Trump doesn't feel like pressing his advantage harder.

I wonder if this is how it felt on the Republican side when Obama took office and there were calls for prosecuting the Bush administration? Privately, they must've thought Obama's constant olive branches and attempts at bipartisanship were pathetic, considering he could've ridden the wave that brought him into office to crush Republican resistance.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50827/white-working-class-voters/

quote:

Dave Kirsch stood in the parking lot of Himmel's Coal Yard in Carrolltown, where he drives a truck, and expressed optimism and preached patience—not, though, that much patience. "My boss, he's a pretty smart man," Kirsch told me, "and he said it can't change overnight, but he said give it six months to a year." Maggie Frear, a retired nurse, told me toward the end of our meeting one evening in her home that the changes Trump pledged would "take him at least a couple months." A couple months? "Or probably even two years," she said. Four years tops, though, she assured me."If he doesn't do what he said he was going to do, in four years I won't vote for him," Frear said, holding open her screen door, as I stepped out into the dark and the cold of the winter on the way. "If he doesn't do what he said he was going to do, in four years he shouldn't even run."

Trump has a couple months to two years to bring back all the coal jobs. :f5:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Fuschia tude posted:

I had a hillary tag that I bought myself, so I never actually permatoxxed, but got caught up with them anyways. Messaged them about it and they changed it to a regular ban so I could rereg the account

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rand alPaul posted:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50827/white-working-class-voters/

yeah. everyone except the coal miners/workers know coal is hosed and the jobs won't come back. trump is going to abadon the rust belt fast as gently caress and leave them to die.

Covok posted:

it might, trump is a petty motherfucker and probably will try to hurt or destroy anyone he believes has or will slite him but he also wants to look like good person(because appearance is all that matters to him) so who loving knows. all i know is this fuckhead is gonna get played like a violin by every country.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

Should I laugh at a bunch of desperate hillbillies who just hosed their futures by voting in a con artist in the vain hope that they won't have to deal with the new reality they face? Nah, I'm not that cruel. I'll save that laugh for the increasingly complex excuses they give for voting Republican in 2018 and 2020 because you know it'll be funny.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ive been waiting a quarter of a century for this

It'll be epic when it happens. It's not going to be like he's going to just put it back on like nothing happened. Fucker is going to run off the stage like his rear end is on fire and not come back until Ivanka's staplegunned it back on.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
at least pon de bundy wore the fkn hat

boosted never did

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Wow, lot of posters don't seem to understand how a federal criminal trial is started or prosecuted.

Things are almost certainly going to get worse before they get better, but it's pure Arzy to think Trump is unilaterally able to force a criminal case. Even if he can convince some patsy under Jeff Sessions to file charges they know drat well a DC or New York jury is never ever going to convict and it will just make people feel sorry for Clinton (if that's even possible).

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
The president doesn't get to decide who is prosecuted. :engleft:

E: beaten.

You can't blame them for believing what our worthless douche-poo poo media blindly parrots 24 hour a day

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

It's less that and the semi-seriousness of if Trump actually knows this or not

he certainly didn't give an indication that he did during the campaign

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

the best question he should've gotten asked was "Can you describe how a law is made in the United States" and just see what comes out

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Do you think Trump knows that he can't, and what do you think is going to happen when someone tries to tell him he can't?

I think they could at least get as far as pressing charges if he demanded it, he'll say Hillary deleted a bunch of emails after the FBI subpoenaed them. If a judge throws it out he can at least get a new target for his base to blame everything on and howl at instead of him. Maybe Bannon will whisper in his ear to use some national security powers granted as part of the war on terror since her handling of the emails constituted a treasonous national security breach (if he chooses to see it as one), or someone'll teach Trump how to use recess appointments to pack the court with a few pet judges that'll hear any charges he wants to bring.

Edit: Worst case scenario, he goes the "turbulent priest" route and brings up second amendment people again.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Neurolimal posted:

honestly this and the last tweet probably stick in dem craws more than meaning he's shaken, can't say Trump isn't good with the barbs

Meh. Nothing says winner like the President-Elect making petty tweets because someone wants a recount. (an IMPOSSIBLE recount I mean)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rand alPaul posted:

4 years tops, 8 years at the outside and 50 if it's really hard.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
in four years: "i'm voting for him again so he can have even more power because he didn't have enough of it the first four years to fix our jobs"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

logikv9 posted:

in four years: "i'm voting for him again so he can have even more power because he didn't have enough of it the first four years to fix our jobs"

minus the more power thing wasn't that pretty much the rationale behind reelecting obama

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neurolimal posted:

Honestly, it just reminds me he's a petty empty man.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

logikv9 posted:

If those states had any drat foresight they would have campaigned HARD for wind turbine/solar cell manufacturing plants to relocate to their states instead of doubling down on coal subsidies.

I'm actually less concerned about EPA stuff at this point because in the past 10 years we've turned the corner on the affordability of alternatives, especially wind.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
glenn beck is very sorry about all of that, except all those awful things he said

but hey we're all on the same side now right??

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Should I laugh at a bunch of desperate hillbillies who just hosed their futures by voting in a con artist in the vain hope that they won't have to deal with the new reality they face? Nah, I'm not that cruel. I'll save that laugh for the increasingly complex excuses they give for voting Republican in 2018 and 2020 because you know it'll be funny.

Honestly I think calling him a con artist is giving him too much credit. Con artists usually have to come up with consistent semi-believable stories, the show a little potential reward (like a plant getting their "payout", or testimonials). Then they grab the money and disappear.

Trump just lied constantly and said whatever crazy bullshit he thought people wanted hear, regardless of how highly improbable or impossible it was. (make Mexico pay for the wall, secret plan to beat ISIS, etc...) Then he forgot the important part where he grabs the money and disappears. I guess the next 4-8 years could be considered the money grab.

If a con man told you he was going to double or triple your money and you asked how and his response was "I have a secret plan.", you'd laugh your rear end off and walk away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sjk3f4qC1I&hd=1

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Homework Explainer posted:

minus the more power thing wasn't that pretty much the rationale behind reelecting obama

there was also the association with the republicans having put the economy in that situation and continuing to do everything they could to pretend that the economy was falling apart

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Homework Explainer posted:

I thought the rationale was "Republicans are still garbage and a disappointing four years under Obama proved to be miles ahead of a disastrous eight under Bush"?

Which is the same rationale the Trump voter will use in 2020 - sure, he didn't Make America Great Again, but the Democrats are still a bunch of race traitorsglobalists, so they've got to keep them out.

I kinda thought Romney and Kerry were both sort of "sacrificial lamb" candidates sent against fairly popular incumbents seen as hard to take down while the party's supposed better candidates (Hillary and Jeb!, loving lol) held off for their moment later. Really wonder if four years from now the Democrats' best and brightest will be fighting for who gets the easiest Presidential election ever after a truly disastrous Trump term or if they'll be spooked and send some loser no-name ex-Governor after him.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dolash posted:

Really wonder if four years from now...they'll be spooked and send some loser no-name ex-Governor after him.

i hope you're intentionally channeling the attitude in 1992 here because that's literally how bill clinton won

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

the best question he should've gotten asked was "Can you describe how a law is made in the United States" and just see what comes out

Here, let the governor of OK (one of the states that voted for Trump the most) tell you about the three branches of our government:

"You know, there are three branches of our government. You have the Supreme Court, the legislative branch and the people, the people and their ability to vote."

http://kfor.com/2015/07/09/oklahoma-gov-mary-fallin-three-branches-of-government-and-the-ten-commandments/

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
good thing china is going to be leading the charge on renewables from hereon out and anyone who disagrees there can be shipped off to the reeducation camps instead of being elected by idiot voters

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

If those states had any drat foresight they would have campaigned HARD for wind turbine/solar cell manufacturing plants to relocate to their states instead of doubling down on coal subsidies.

Would it really work? The real issue isn't that other businesses that they can work at exist, but that they want that past back where they could walk right out of eighth grade and into a job that would support you via labor or a pension right up until you and your spouse kicked off. And those days are gone forever. These people simply don't want to change. They want their life just the way they wanted it and think they can just dig in their heels and have mean ol' Washington give them back everything.

I would feel sorry for them as a Michigander I know how it feels to have a state's sole economy be around a single product that destroys everything when it goes to poo poo. But I also know that times change, capitalism marches on, and digging in your heels only results in more misery. And you can tell that these people are one quack away from going on early Social Security so they can avoid having to break their prejudices, retrain themselves, and find another way to live. They want their past back. This has nothing to do with coal outside of it being a convenient symbol for them to hang their inability to move on.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

I guess the next 4-8 years could be considered the money grab.

trump will be able to make business decisions with the highest levels of classified information

the nightmare scenario isn't that he starts a nuclear war, it's that he exploits his position to grossly enrich himself and his children to the point that they become effective american royalty

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

who the gently caress dresses him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Darkman Fanpage posted:

who the gently caress dresses him?

every day, like any real american, glenn beck starts his day naked then proceeds to steal the laundry from his neighbors until he has enough not to be cold anymore

• Locked thread