Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

serious gaylord posted:

He was literally defying the boss of his team. The team that has given him a car that as we've just seen a mid pack driver can win a world championship with and hes risking that for next season to try and win the championship now. Not a single other driver in the sport right now would ever do that.

Because they're secure in their--no, I'm not sure about that, to be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pirate Radar posted:

F1 2016: the Tortoise and the Dickhead
A genuinely good thread title, this fanciful Nando one we've had for 6 months was always doomed

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine the justifiable panic attack Nico was having the last few laps. He looks like poo poo tbh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

El Hefe posted:

Lewis didn't even congratulate him what a loving buttsalty bitch hahahahah

Actually he did

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Lewis did everything he could, Nico did everything he needed to. That's it basically.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HJB posted:

Lewis did everything he could, Nico did everything he needed to. That's it basically.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

HJB posted:

Pretty much

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Nico can't even work a selfie stick. Worst WDC ever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HJB posted:

Indeed.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Falken posted:

Nico can't even work a selfie stick. Worst WDC ever.

Hes only ever selfied on a simulator.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Watching on C4 and the coverage is decent, how are Sky reacting?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Butt salt much Lewis? gonna cry into your my lil rap album pillow this night much? gonna call Kim K and ask her to help a girl out much?

lolololol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thanks Ants posted:

Watching on C4 and the coverage is decent, how are Sky reacting?

Johnny is livid and asking hard questions of paddy.

It's the payoff we all wanted,

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lmao no they are still medieval dictatorships that throw women in prison with their new born babies if the husband isnt present and they dont have a marriage certificate

Relatively speaking that is

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Johnny is livid and asking hard questions of paddy.

It's the payoff we all wanted,

Is it worth downloading and saving for a rainy day?

C4 is much more rational.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sky is pretty normal imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HJB posted:

Yeah Lewis engines blowing up is what Nico needed.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
I don't know why anyone would expect Lewis to have done anything else in that position. If Rosberg thought he was going that much slower then he should have tried to pass him - but he didn't want to take that risk (didn't need to either till right at the end) so should lewis have just handed it to him?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The second the German anthem started playing, one of the Dutch guys here at the bar let out an anguished cry

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I can't imagine the justifiable panic attack Nico was having the last few laps. He looks like poo poo tbh

Yeah I reckon. He probably won't be able to relax properly until he's had the WDC trophy in his house for a few weeks, and then he's going to completely shatter.

Final thoughts:

Lewis did really well in the second half of the season, and I fall in the camp that believes he did the right thing trying to back Nico up. Its a valid tactic and he did what he had to do. Good on him for trying. Its only a pity he spent the first 5-6 races half assing it, otherwise he could have eaten that failure in Malaysia and cruised to another WDC. He certainly had worse mechanical luck (though you could argue that the Belgium ploy actually aided him), but he didn't help himself either.

Rosberg worked hard, held his nerve, and did exactly what he had to do to get the WDC against a faster man (arguably the fastest man) in the same car. That deserves respect, even if you don't personally appreciate the way he went about it in the last couple of races.

See y'all in the off season.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

"I think Nico deserved this championship"

Well, no loving poo poo sir. He ended the season with more points than anyone else. That's kind of the loving point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pirate Radar posted:

The second the German anthem started playing, one of the Dutch guys here at the bar let out an anguished cry

lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nico Fraudberg winning a WDC is the worst thing that has happened in this incredibly lovely year. gently caress F1 and gently caress all the whiny bitches who complained about Abu Dhabi being a double points race like this one clearly should have been.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nico Fraudberg winning a WDC is the worst thing that has happened in this incredibly lovely year. gently caress F1 and gently caress all the whiny bitches who complained about Abu Dhabi being a double points race like this one clearly should have been.
Ron Glass just died, so that's much worse sorry.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
His name now is Nico Bossberg btw refer to him as such

Lewis is now Poois Shamilton

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Toto just said Hamilton should maybe drive for Horner on channel 4 lmao

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Now he'll go down in the history books as "Our Rossie" and no one can disagree with the title

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
No sorry let me try this from the other perspective: beep boop I am Lewis Hamilton, a machine that only exists to secure WDC points, and min-maxing my racing points is the only thing I am capable of. I intentionally backed my teammate into the field and pretended nothing unusual was happening because numbers govern my entire existence.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Ya that was a nice little jab.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Toto is getting a bit full of himself

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

No sorry let me try this from the other perspective: beep boop I am Lewis Hamilton, a machine that only exists to secure WDC points, and min-maxing my racing points is the only thing I am capable of. I intentionally backed my teammate into the field and pretended nothing unusual was happening because numbers govern my entire existence.

Do you not understand competition or something? Honour doesn't come into it lmao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

To be fair he's also saying that he understands what he did, and it sounds like he won't be all that mad at Lewis in the end.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Begall posted:

Do you not understand competition or something? Honour doesn't come into it lmao

It's a game dude, not real life. It's literally the only time honor is real.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Hamilton in a newey-designed red bull with a 5% reduced engine deficit would destroy anything Mercedes could put out.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

It's a game dude, not real life. It's literally the only time honor is real.

Ok thanks for confirming that you don't actually get sport

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Begall posted:

Judging by his posts i'd guess not.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Beep boop: my mom is white and I grew up in Stevenage but I pretend I'm a gangbanger from Compton

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Ferrari builds a loving winning car next year.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

pik_d posted:

To be fair he's also saying that he understands what he did, and it sounds like he won't be all that mad at Lewis in the end.

See my post a few pages back about them all eating poo poo because they don't want Lewis to go off to Red Bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

I hope Ferrari builds a loving winning car next year.

lol

• Locked thread