Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

As someone that isn't gonna macro, or waste the time to level/awaken 1* friend pulls, so I just go ahead and merge them?

EDIT: And what's the deal with Bedile that he seems to be held in high regard?

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

As someone that isn't gonna macro, or waste the time to level/awaken 1* friend pulls, so I just go ahead and merge them?

Yep. You're going to get so many friend pulls. SO many. Don't ever trust farm them. The maximum friend points you can have accumulated at once is 100k, and you will max out constantly.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What I do with friendpoint pulls are to get them while on the exercise bike so I can sort them out and grind TMs through merges for 30-60 minutes. Does the JP version have anything more useful to do with this ever growing number?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Wicked Peaks, Alluring Winds.

No, you won't hit them frequently, but you will hit them. There's even a script you can just let run for a while.

I did that post to exercise the Murphy's Internet Law and sure enough, three trips through deserted highway southwest afterwards gave three Hunger, the third had two of them in a row. Took only around 200 energy over both zones.

e: and with all my energy spent that seems to have been it, three in a short burst then back to a pain in the rear end, jeeze

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 27, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
By god I forgot Void tree actually gets a decent Earth Magic AOE

It'll never really come up but BAH GAWD when it does it'll be fantastic.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just started the arena today and it has been pretty fun so far. How does it work when people battle me - do I get to see results on how my team did or do I get anything for the matches I win when people choose to fight me and lose?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
There is no defensive component, no. You don't lose points or gain anything by your team winning/losing on defense. Your team is simply added to list of possible opponents for anyone else to fight their own matches against.

Meanwhile, rolling an account on JP made me appreciate Zidane rate ups on banners. Although in 30 pulls from all of the free tickets they've just given away, I still got Bedile'd twice goddamnit.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Do I sell 100% TM'ed FP units? From what I understand, they will ensure trust bonus drops but only for common materials since they're free units?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I find it more useful to feed them to a unit you want leveled. Unless you are really hurting on gil, you shouldn't sell them. I don't know the math, but you might not even break even from the cost of fusing all the units together if you sell.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Jesus christ that loving antilion thing in the trials vortex is loving obnoxious. Whole team is almost all maxed 6 star guys and I brought a 600 plus attack lightning friend and I still got absolutely poo poo stomped by turn 3. That thing does an absurd amount of damage. I can't keep exdeath alive longer than turn 1 even with my Cecil, who dies turn 2 anyway. I tried bringing Refia along but she's only at lvl 60 so she didn't live long enough to even try and heal someone.

How are you guys managing this fight? My team isn't the greatest ever but holy poo poo I can't even put up a fight. Right now I'm using cod exdeath draclaz Cecil and either arc or Refia. Arc is impossible to keep alive even more than the rest so I'm keeping Refia in instead. I guess the only thing I can do is wait till she's maxed out and I get full raise?

I do have a 6 star dk Cecil that I could level up and plug in instead of someone, probably draculazwell. Maybe if I put plant killer on him that dark cannon thing can take some parts down one by one with Cecil and Refia healing. That stupid plant usually drops about 3 to 4k damage on at least a couple of my guys each turn which is just impossible to keep up with.

Any suggestions based on what I bitched up a storm about above here would be appreciated. gently caress this stupid loving plant

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Jesus christ that loving antilion thing in the trials vortex is loving obnoxious. Whole team is almost all maxed 6 star guys and I brought a 600 plus attack lightning friend and I still got absolutely poo poo stomped by turn 3. That thing does an absurd amount of damage. I can't keep exdeath alive longer than turn 1 even with my Cecil, who dies turn 2 anyway. I tried bringing Refia along but she's only at lvl 60 so she didn't live long enough to even try and heal someone.

How are you guys managing this fight? My team isn't the greatest ever but holy poo poo I can't even put up a fight. Right now I'm using cod exdeath draclaz Cecil and either arc or Refia. Arc is impossible to keep alive even more than the rest so I'm keeping Refia in instead. I guess the only thing I can do is wait till she's maxed out and I get full raise?

I do have a 6 star dk Cecil that I could level up and plug in instead of someone, probably draculazwell. Maybe if I put plant killer on him that dark cannon thing can take some parts down one by one with Cecil and Refia healing. That stupid plant usually drops about 3 to 4k damage on at least a couple of my guys each turn which is just impossible to keep up with.

Any suggestions based on what I bitched up a storm about above here would be appreciated. gently caress this stupid loving plant

You want to break its attack - Aura Ball is ideal for this, as it hits all the parts. A defense breaker helps keep things moving at a reasonable pace. The main flower (Part A) has to be last to die, and when it hits 30/60% it does a mega rage attack that one shotted even my Cecil so be prepared. But yes, I definitely recommend maxing out Refia, Embolden and Full-Life are both incredible. I made it a point to bring Luneth as my only real DPS, because the boss can confuse people which can lead to instant wipes if your carry turns on on you. You probably want loads of MP recovering items, as the main flower has an extremely strong MP draining attacking. Also, don't forget Provoke, as well as Focus/Cecil LB for the rage attacks.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
For leveling espers am I better off maxing golem first or always getting the 1.5x bonus and spreading the megacites around? It seems like provoke is a go to spell for many boss encounters but my golem is sitting at 15. I'm doing the chambers thing but it feels underwhelming.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Just max leveled my Gilgamesh. He ain't anything crazy, but he is pretty good. Once I get the current TM team done cooking he'll be set (sooo, like January...)
Got plenty of spots: 632883386

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deltah posted:

For leveling espers am I better off maxing golem first or always getting the 1.5x bonus and spreading the megacites around? It seems like provoke is a go to spell for many boss encounters but my golem is sitting at 15. I'm doing the chambers thing but it feels underwhelming.

Definitely better off getting certain things first like Provoke from Golem, and Man-eater/Demon Killer from Diabolos. Getting even one very powered up character is much better than having 5 good-to-great ones.

Also I should listen to my own advice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Orgophlax posted:

EDIT: And what's the deal with Bedile that he seems to be held in high regard?

1. Yeah, go ahead and merge friend point pulls, Rizer is actually pretty good for his +10% HP skills and you can get some -Killers and Sunbeam skills from the others.

2. You'll see. :smuggo:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, going for the good skills like Chen Kenichi suggested is the way to go. Once you have them then feel free to slow down and focus on the x1.5 bonuses, the rest of the skills can usually be made up like Dispel or aren't critical like Stone Killer. Green Magicite will never give x1.5 (at least, so far according to the Japanese version) so go hog wild on that. Orange is probably worth trying to conserve as a later esper, Titan, gets a bonus on that.

Chamber of Crystals is totally underwhelming, most sources of magicite are. There were arguments made just to do Phantom Forest Exploration for better efficiency months ago but I don't know if they unfucked the magicite rates in exploration. The FFT event was a godsend (think easy exploration that spewed all kinds of magicite and megacrysts) and we could really use another for new players.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Chen Kenichi posted:

Definitely better off getting certain things first like Provoke from Golem, and Man-eater/Demon Killer from Diabolos. Getting even one very powered up character is much better than having 5 good-to-great ones.

Also I should listen to my own advice.

This is probably one of the best pieces of advice for a new player. One really good character can pull you through a tremendous amount of content. Maxing out a CoD or an Exdeath will pretty much let you carry around a party of losers through 90% of the content

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I gotta say while im not really a big fan on how Gilgamesh looks ingame, but him doing his best Necalli impression on Exalipoor for his victory is pretty drat great

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I just had the horrible realization than none of my party (CoD, Kain, WoL, Arc, Regia) can actually use the brand new baraerora spell I just made, and think I need for that loving fight in windmill town.

However, I DO have a four star Exdeath, that CAN equip it. HMMMM.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

PopeCrunch posted:

I just had the horrible realization than none of my party (CoD, Kain, WoL, Arc, Regia) can actually use the brand new baraerora spell I just made, and think I need for that loving fight in windmill town.

Is your CoD 6*? Omni-Veil works just as well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got another paladin Cecil. Now if only I could macro. It's getting very tempting to register a facebook account just to link it to this game so I can log in on an android emulator and macro. Would that even work?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, you could do that.

Please don't be a fake Facebook person though. Just keep it profesh.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

PopeCrunch posted:

MohShuvuu posted:

Is your CoD 6*? Omni-Veil works just as well.

Haha, I was about to post that CoD can use green magic then I looked it up, and remembered that she doesn't get any ability slots till 6*, so I'm guessing it's not

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, you could do that.

Please don't be a fake Facebook person though. Just keep it profesh.

What's wrong with being a fake facebook person? Do you have something against us non-people?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Nuebot posted:

What's wrong with being a fake facebook person? Do you have something against us non-people?

Well there have been instances of fake Facebook profiles getting deleted and people losing their Exvius backup.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It seems the Water Shrine is capable of dropping every single type of Megacryst except fire (I got Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Dark and Light). It doesn't have a great EXP/NRG ratio, but if you want the most versatility, this might be the place.
The only problem I can foresee is that the boss, Gespenst, is a Mahadeva palette swap and thus can present a legitimate threat.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

HGH posted:

It seems the Water Shrine is capable of dropping every single type of Megacryst except fire (I got Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Dark and Light). It doesn't have a great EXP/NRG ratio, but if you want the most versatility, this might be the place.
The only problem I can foresee is that the boss, Gespenst, is a Mahadeva palette swap and thus can present a legitimate threat.

Or you can just cast raise on it to kill it in one shot

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp better run it 15 times so Refia can hit 6 star!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Did my daily pull, I'm up to nine Exdeaths. He's like friggin' kudzu.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Summon ticket got me a rainbow crystal ... five star rosa

Such a travesty

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

jaclynhyde posted:

Haven't drawn even one yet. Lucky.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Half price pull got me a Xiao today. I didn't have one, so that's kinda nice.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

My CoD is in 4 or 5* I forget. Faster to level my exdeath, honestly. I've been biting my nails about pulls because I've been skipping the daily pull in favor of having the lapis for bundles, but honestly I've got a decent selection so I'll be OK.
Current gripe: if one of your dudes is max level, they still eat their share of the total EXP haul for a mission.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

jaclynhyde posted:

Holy..........no really grind some of them TMs up and get some Holy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5f2cvt/the_big_bridge_for_fun_and_exp/

Might be worth it if you're trying to pump up some units. The main issue is running out of MP on fights but maybe you can even full Auto it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Mashed through the daily half pull to get it through with. As the crystal was exploding I noticed it was super shiny...
AHAHAHA POORLY DRAWN GILGAMESH IS MINE! At long last my first 5* base! Makes up for only ever pulling one Exdeath.

Now to find a way to get 4 million EXP...

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Should I be grinding the bridge for Excalipoors? Someone put it out there that there may be an exchange program in the future so I am now paranoid.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

SPR is for white magic and MAG is for black, right? It sends weird these staves that give high SPR also give a black magic ability.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

HGH posted:

Mashed through the daily half pull to get it through with. As the crystal was exploding I noticed it was super shiny...
AHAHAHA POORLY DRAWN GILGAMESH IS MINE! At long last my first 5* base! Makes up for only ever pulling one Exdeath.

Now to find a way to get 4 million EXP...

*shakes fist*

*Is consoled by first ever Cheez*

*She's not very good at it*

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

SPR is for white magic and MAG is for black, right? It sends weird these staves that give high SPR also give a black magic ability.

Yes. Those staves are just strange. My guess is that that they give you Aero or Fire in case you want to damage with your healer? But then you can pick stuff like that up from your Espers on your Healer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Is it worth saving fifty billion versions of a character if you're not actively macroing for trust masteries? I have a ton of Shantottos and Arcs based on advice that I should grind for multiples, but I'm not using an emulated version so I can't really macro it anyway, and I'm not a whale.

• Locked thread