Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, let's not get all up in arms about "LEWIS HAS MORE WINS :byodood:", that's the path to NASCAR's chase which is the biggest steaming pile of BS that was made in response to someone winning only one race in a season and winning the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Remember when Lewis was dogshit at the start of the year? IMO he should have been less dogshit, if he wanted to win the 2016 FIA World Drivers' Championship

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I will say this though: Lewis's engine blowing up in Malaysia pretty much was the difference this year. Assuming that he held on to first, he would have at least 7 points more than Nico that race (assuming every other race ended the same way). He lost by 5. Beyond that, we could argue who was the better driver until the cows come home using a near endless amount of metrics, but at the end of the day,

Max Verstappen WDC 2017 :unsmigghh:.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This season has certainly been better than 2015 for sure

That's a really low bar FYI.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Remember when Lewis was dogshit at the start of the year? IMO he should have been less dogshit, if he wanted to win the 2016 FIA World Drivers' Championship

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

loving Vandoorne finished ahead of GUT in the championship. loving lol.

Gutierrez has to be the absolute worst driver this year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
On to the most important thing. Who won driver of the day the most.

Verstappen 8
Vettel 3
Grosjean 2
Perez 2
Are Dan 1
Kimi 1
K-Mag 1
kvyat 1
Lewis 1
Rosberg 1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

He is dogshit

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

The worst.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bold statement: Hamilton is the worst driver because he couldn't even beat Nico Rosberg.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I look forward to watching him come dead last in formula E.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they should invent some sort of points system where the drivers get points based on where they finish so that at the end of the season the best driver is figured out based on who won most of these points instead of those naughty germans bullying our great british hope lewis hamilton

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

The best thing about today's result is that it's now painfully obvious who the thread's Hamilton fan boys are so I know who to put on my ignore list for the next 6 months :v:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

enri posted:

The best thing about today's result is that it's now painfully obvious who the thread's Hamilton fan boys are so I know who to put on my ignore list for the next 6 months :v:

And not laugh at their general petulance and crying? No thank you sir.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

I will say this though: Lewis's engine blowing up in Malaysia pretty much was the difference this year. Assuming that he held on to first, he would have at least 7 points more than Nico that race (assuming every other race ended the same way). He lost by 5. Beyond that, we could argue who was the better driver until the cows come home using a near endless amount of metrics, but at the end of the day,

Max Verstappen WDC 2017 :unsmigghh:.

Same with Nando at Suzuka in 2012. Didn't make Vettel any less deserving though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

#blessed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Same with Nando at Suzuka in 2012. Didn't make Vettel any less deserving though.

Uh oh, you said Nando didn't deserve a championship!

But anyway, how annoyed would Tsaedje be if I did a blow by blow of their stated/actual aim bit from the OP?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Bold statement: Hamilton is the worst driver because he couldn't even beat Nico Rosberg.

Jesus.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Falken posted:

#blessed

Saving this for next years OP

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Theophany posted:

Uhm actually

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

I really can't wait until next year when I'm right again and Verstappen is proven to be dog poo poo and you're even more upset over it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Saving this for next years OP

Hell it's already my desktop background

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I really can't wait until next year when I'm right again and Verstappen is proven to be dog poo poo and you're even more upset over it.

Watch, it's a Mercedes again (or worse, a Ferrari) and we both end up sad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't actually mind if Ferrari won.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis has both more wins and more races blown due to not knowing how to operate a clutch. Makes you think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It also doesn't really account for Nico being conservative in the last quarter of the season because he didn't need to win to take the title Imo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

It also doesn't really account for Nico being conservative in the last quarter of the season because he didn't need to win to take the title Imo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Are the Rosbergs better father/son champions than the Hills? Before you answer, keep in mind that Damon Hill is literally the English Jacques Villeneuve.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

On to the most important thing. Who won driver of the day the most.

Verstappen 8
Vettel 3
Grosjean 2
Perez 2
Are Dan 1
Kimi 1
K-Mag 1
kvyat 1
Lewis 1
Rosberg 1

Skilled and loved by the people? the worst thread is going to lose their poo poo when the Maximum Verstappen era begins next year.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

But anyway, how annoyed would Tsaedje be if I did a blow by blow of their stated/actual aim bit from the OP?

I thought he absolutely did. He was in inferior machinery and drove possibly his best season ever, but the truth of it all is that some guys are lucky and some ain't. Vettel got punted on the first lap in the final race of 2012 and drove out of his skin from the back of the pack to win the title. Sadly, some people can't seem to understand that whilst winning or losing the title is binary, 'deservedness' of it isn't.

Powershift posted:

Skilled and loved by the people? the worst thread is going to lose their poo poo when the Maximum Verstappen era begins next year.

As phenomenal as Max is, can he really beat the Honey Badger in a straight fight?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Are the Rosbergs better father/son champions than the Hills? Before you answer, keep in mind that Damon Hill is literally the English Jacques Villeneuve.

Are Damo is a national treasure, there is no compare. I was just pleased that the greatness of Are Rossie was able to emulate his splendour.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#myWDC Gott mit Uns Are Rossie!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

wicka posted:

If Nico grows a handsome moustache?
Yes.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I need to see drunk Jenson talking to Ted, was it on Ted's notebook after the race or something? I've set up to record it just in case anyway.

:h: Jenson, forever in our hearts #blessed #wdcforever

The number of drivers I'm willing to cheer on is beginning to get a little low :(

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I opted to sleep through this wet fart of a race. Anyone got a link to Lewis' radio bitchfit?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

I opted to sleep through this wet fart of a race. Anyone got a link to Lewis' radio bitchfit?

It wasn't lewis with the bitchfit. He was repeatedly told to go faster and stop backing rosberg up into the rest of the pack, and he kept saying poo poo like "why not let us race?" and stuff like that and ignoring everybody telling him to go faster.

Rosberg was complaining on the radio, and at one point asked if they could tell lewis to let him by, and then if lewis was still in second at the end he would give first place back.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

I need to see drunk Jenson talking to Ted, was it on Ted's notebook after the race or something? I've set up to record it just in case anyway.

:h: Jenson, forever in our hearts #blessed #wdcforever

The number of drivers I'm willing to cheer on is beginning to get a little low :(

Yes and it was brilliant. Clearly found somewhere supplying alcoholic contraband and proceeded to give zero fucks about anything F1 related. Absolute legend.

ETA: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10675168/watch-teds-abu-dhabi-race-notebook first 2 minutes, best Notebook ever.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 27, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lad

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

Yes and it was brilliant. Clearly found somewhere supplying alcoholic contraband and proceeded to give zero fucks about anything F1 related. Absolute legend.

ETA: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10675168/watch-teds-abu-dhabi-race-notebook first 2 minutes, best Notebook ever.

loving pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

Rosberg was complaining on the radio, and at one point asked if they could tell lewis to let him by, and then if lewis was still in second at the end he would give first place back.

What even is that logic?

• Locked thread