Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Guillotines are "kowai" but also "sugoi" I kokoro hope this helps you decide whether or not to include them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Hyperdevbox I am ready to buy Thermidor! Where are the comprehensive gameplay screenshots and videos this thread has promised?! How dare you be dishonest with your customers. This is simply unacceptable! :mad:

note: 4 screenshots do not count. There should be at least 50 screenshots showing real gameplay also video.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 24, 2016

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Bug Squash posted:

As a political schemer, Tallyrand was 10 X more awesome, and was alive at the time. In fact, he was in America being best buds with one Alexander Hamilton. The two of them should team up with Lafayette for a gimmick OP characters clowning on goons fight.

No joke, that would be super cool. Seeing crazy anime superhero versions of historical figures never seems to cease entertaining. King Louis XIV might be dead by the time Thermidor happens, but if his ghost shows.up as a boss fight I hope he can attack with blinding solar rays. Or maybe a gimmick fight where applying a Blind state to the party makes fighting the Sun King easier.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Will this game have a crafting system?

Could I craft a descending blade, say, attached to some kind of upright poles?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I have a question! Your game is titled Thermidor 1789: The Beginning. What is this the beginning of? Do you intend to make a series of Thermidor titles?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Oh, hey guys, I'm sorry, I was out buying tequila, what was the thread title changed to, and why does it totally not mention guillotines anymore?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

staberind posted:

Oh, hey guys, I'm sorry, I was out buying tequila, what was the thread title changed to, and why does it totally not mention guillotines anymore?

They don't want to seem too proud by boasting about their game's main feature.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Suggestion: consider banking off of pokemon's popular strategy of making two versions of your game with subtle differences to trade between friends. Would encourage putting different models/designs of guillotines in the game that you could trade between friends.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mo-Mo's, I hate to bring this up but the thread title is still incorrect. I believe this game is title Humidor JRPG - Gameplay Screenshots. Thermidor is a lobster dish to my knowledge, whereas a Humidor is a box and this game may come in a box, but certainly not a lobster.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If you are creative you could use a lobster shell as a box.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
When are we going to get an update on the status concerning revolutionary French devices of execution, OP?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I wouldn't expect much of a response from the OP because according to him HyperDevBox the premier gaming studio is currently ignoring 80-90% of the posters in this thread.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Thanks, finally some new screenshots from the game. Are you on the dev team?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
he isn't but i might be. i was contacted and told word of my legendary* technique in programming had reached their ears and that i would be an invaluable asset in the process of converting the sample video into a working game. however, i feel that perhaps it is not in my best interest to join the team at this time, unless i am allowed to include guillotines. i promise to negotiate to the best of my ability

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

guillotines

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The White Dragon posted:

he isn't but i might be. i was contacted and told word of my legendary* technique in programming had reached their ears and that i would be an invaluable asset in the process of converting the sample video into a working game. however, i feel that perhaps it is not in my best interest to join the team at this time, unless i am allowed to include guillotines. i promise to negotiate to the best of my ability
As most likely the only person on the team able to read code you could probably sneak in some guillotines into the game that could be enabled with a highly controversial console command.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Palpek posted:

As most likely the only person on the team able to read code you could probably sneak in some guillotines into the game that could be enabled with a highly controversial console command.

The code should be to type in 'Hot Coffee' (Coffee being a euphemism for execution via guillotine in revolutionary-era France)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The facial hair on those soldiers is atrocious.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

They don't want to seem too proud by boasting about their game's main feature.

Cheers. Hmmm, makes sense, its a shame the let the cat out of the bag already,
I am looking forward to the intricate guillotine customisation options, featuring type of wood, inlays, blade shapes and materials.
basically I want this :

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Seriously, though, you do need to think a little about the proportions and attire on your character who is supposed to be a very good fencer. I appreciate that she's wearing a top with sleeves that let her move her arms freely - but nobody, nobody is going to win a fight wearing dress pants that are so skinny, you just can't move wearing poo poo like that. I'm not saying she needs to be wearing military fatigues and have chun-li style thunder thighs, but anyone who fences even at a local club level is going to have bigger legs than her current artwork. Maybe some breeches and thick socks would be better, as is standard attire for even modern fencers?
For reference, here's a picture of one of the glorious French sabre team (Charlotte Lembach) attempting to take the arm off a Russian.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 27, 2016

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

This game is making me hate the French
Which is pretty unfortunate with me being a good frogger and all
gently caress you Thermidor

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

So after getting my hands on the most recent pre-alpha release (0.72d I believe?) I can say to everyone who is hoping for guillotines will SPOILERS-> not be disappointed ;-) <-SPOILERS

Also, I'd appreciate a heads up on when the NDA is going to be lifted, so I don't have to resort to vague allusions when talking to my gamer friends about Thermidor.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Palpek posted:

Thanks, finally some new screenshots from the game. Are you on the dev team?

Yes, and we love a hot dog

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I hear they're thinking about adding a whole bunch of exp doublers and OP gear if you pay extra. That's hosed up Thermidor guys!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

I hear they're thinking about adding a whole bunch of exp doublers and OP gear if you pay extra. That's hosed up Thermidor guys!

So far there has only been a booster to the main character's bishiness stat by 300% for 12 hours, but I think it's very reasonably priced at $3.99, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Oh poo poo that was under NDA! Can a Mo-Mo remove my post or is that functionality still broken, like search?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Schurik posted:

So after getting my hands on the most recent pre-alpha release (0.72d I believe?) I can say to everyone who is hoping for guillotines will SPOILERS-> not be disappointed ;-) <-SPOILERS

Also, I'd appreciate a heads up on when the NDA is going to be lifted, so I don't have to resort to vague allusions when talking to my gamer friends about Thermidor.

They need to fix the frame rate, but the guillotine assembly minigame is amazing allowing for on the fly decapitation customization.

http://i.imgur.com/QbiA57J.mp4

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They need to fix the frame rate, but the guillotine assembly minigame is amazing allowing for on the fly decapitation customization.

http://i.imgur.com/QbiA57J.mp4

That's actually a very poorly recorded animated file from Final Fantasy 15. Do NOT trust this poster.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Space Bat posted:

That's actually a very poorly recorded animated file from Final Fantasy 15. Do NOT trust this poster.

Correct, but the differences to Thermidor are so small that it may as well be an accurate representation. Doesn't excuse the inaccuracy though.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Are you saying that in Thermidor I get to gently caress around the American Southwest as part of a gay boyband?

In that case I'm down.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Schurik posted:

Correct, but the differences to Thermidor are so small that it may as well be an accurate representation. Doesn't excuse the inaccuracy though.

As head of concept development AND scenario writing I can deconfirm everything you are saying. I checked your post count and reported you. Get out of my face

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Will there be french fries in the game this is important?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
will marianne get one boob out?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Also will there be French toast?

And why does the main character use a baby child's toy gun instead of a weapon?

Are there screenshots?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Jose Mengelez posted:

will marianne get one boob out?

There's supposedly an alternate costume with some underboob but no outright nudity so far. Who knows though! They're still in early development, there's still time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Good to see it's one of those ambitious games where your choices have consequences.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Palpek posted:

Good to see it's one of those ambitious games where your choices have consequences.

More choices then any game before it. The mass effect of turn based strategy JRPGs

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I knew it was only a matter of time before the best anime of 2016 found its way into some high quality RPG experiences like Thermidor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Could the mods/admins do whatever they can to contact Hyperdevbox? He/she hasn't posted in a few days, I am concerned about the fate of Thermidor JRPG.

• Locked thread