Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm glad to see that Dion Waiters is ready to take over the mantle of franchise savior for the Heat of Miami. Taking them to the promised land, one bad jumper at a time. What are they going to get for a slightly used Goran Dragic?

A top-7 protected pick and an unprotected pick. Wow, Riley has done it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleJesus
Feb 27, 2008

We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving.
I think the problem with LeBron running for any office is that he'd probably be less able to do the things he'd like to do. As an insanely rich private citizen with Nike most likely to back whatever he wants to do he can probably affect more change in his community than he could with all the political red tape. Also, the dude is already the God-Emperor of Ohio.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

Gotta dust off my sweet Abdur-Rahim Hawks neon green throwback. Might get me secretary of HUD

We interrupt this broadcast for a CNN BREAKING NEWS ALERT

Sources have confirmed that the Secretary of Defense purchased his World B Free San Diego Clippers Jersey from a Chinese Knockoff site and not from his "sweet rear end black uncle my mom's hippy sister married." CNN is looking into if this uncle even exists and so far has...not...found...any...proof.

Chief of Staff Maverick Carter issued a statement expressing his disappointment and clarifying that President Lebron was not expected to authenticate the Jersey at the Johnny Rockets where the position was offered.

A formal resignation is expected. Deputy Secretary of State and And1 feature "The Professor" is expected to fill the position.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

More people should watch this

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

PurpleJesus posted:

Also, the dude is already the God-Emperor of Ohio.

Truly the highest of mountains

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PurpleJesus posted:

Also, the dude is already the God-Emperor of Ohio.

If that were true it wouldn't have swung for Trump.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

quote:

Pau Gasol said that he's having a hard time adjusting to a smaller role on the offensive end.

"It’s hard for me, because of my nature and the player I’ve been for so long," Gasol said. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he doesn’t rely on Gasol for his scoring, adding that he's "not really too concerned with who scores and who doesn’t."

lmao pop is so brutal even when he doesn't mean to be

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Jonathon Simmons had himself a highlight night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDArJ_U3Dms

https://streamable.com/rrdo

https://streamable.com/ktl2

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

straight up brolic posted:

yes, but we're making two different points. I'm saying that we should not want LeBron as an elected official. It's entirely possibly that he could be one.

Why not? I mean its not like ivy league degrees have stopped people from ruining poo poo in the past (assuming you even think there's a strong correlation between said degrees and intellect).

Like this whole attitude is elitist as gently caress and is a big reason why we have President Trump incoming. To me it seems an independently wealthy celeb with no real scandals attached to them, a history of being extremely charismatic and polished in front of the press, and a persona of being someone who actually cares and tries to help people would be the ideal candidate.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
How about you make a SAS DnD thread or something and instead post sweet highlights and GOAT Celebrations such as:

https://streamable.com/6z7h

and lesser...more strange celly's

https://gfycat.com/InfiniteGrandioseAyeaye

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

How about you make a SAS DnD thread or something and instead post sweet highlights and GOAT Celebrations such as:

https://streamable.com/6z7h

and lesser...more strange celly's

https://gfycat.com/InfiniteGrandioseAyeaye

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/802716077226459136

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I think the more important question is whether LeBron is top 5 all time.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Top-5 what? Politician? Because there's absolutely no question that he's a top-5 NBA player all-time.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm glad to see that Dion Waiters is ready to take over the mantle of franchise savior for the Heat of Miami. Taking them to the promised land, one bad jumper at a time. What are they going to get for a slightly used Goran Dragic?

I was wrong about everything in politics and am now humbled and ready to accept Waiters into my heart

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

What the hell man

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Strawberry Panda posted:

Players I would draft ahead of Lebron

Hakeem Olajuwon
Robert Horry
Mario Ellie
Vernon Maxwell
Otis Thorpe

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Papercut posted:

Top-5 what? Politician? Because there's absolutely no question that he's a top-5 NBA player all-time.

Wilt
MJ
LeBron
Kareem
???

That fifth spot has a whole lot of competition.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
J-Simmons is a slaaam dunk!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ranking players is like ranking Ben & Jerry's ice cream... in that Cherry Garcia is the best and it's not even close

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Ranking players is like ranking Ben & Jerry's ice cream... in that Cherry Garcia is the best and it's not even close

what the gently caress

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

This is where I'd normally advocate for Blue Bell but they let people die to have higher profit margins. What's the NBA comp for blue bell?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

This is where I'd normally advocate for Blue Bell but they let people die to have higher profit margins. What's the NBA comp for blue bell?

Pat Riley

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

What's the NBA equivalent to giving someone listeria?

Also cherry Garcia , Jesus Christ no

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Cool Buff Man posted:

What the hell man

It's an actual conversation on nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/02/blogtable-lebron-james-one-top-5-greatest-players-ever

I heard Snoop Dogg gave his opinions on the subject but I can neither confirm or deny if Snoop believes LeBron is top 5 all time.

Also, I would vote for the Rock over LeBron. Think about Rocky posting an Instagram photo at 5 30 am in the middle of his 2nd workout of the day. No foreign leader would gently caress with that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Time posted:

Pat Riley

Pat Riley is being called evil for not letting the guy who could die decide for himself whether he should play

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's an actual conversation on nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/02/blogtable-lebron-james-one-top-5-greatest-players-ever

I heard Snoop Dogg gave his opinions on the subject but I can neither confirm or deny if Snoop believes LeBron is top 5 all time.

Also, I would vote for the Rock over LeBron. Think about Rocky posting an Instagram photo at 5 30 am in the middle of his 2nd workout of the day. No foreign leader would gently caress with that.

The Rock would enter the room with North Korea, make his pecs dance, and they'd voluntarily dismantle their nuke program

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Jota posted:

what the gently caress

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

WhyteRyce posted:

Pat Riley is being called evil for not letting the guy who could die decide for himself whether he should play

Oh, it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with him looking like someone from the restaurant scene in Goodfellas

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Top 5 is such a dumb criteria, especially as the league goes on and there's more and more players to consider. If you really have to 'rank' poo poo, tiers make more sense. MJ, Lebron, Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, etc. are godlike tier players who single handedly can put a team in championship contention. The end. Arbitrarily limiting yourself and trying to say 'but which 5 are best???' is dumb

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

gonna enjoy Russ and LeBron battling each other for the triple double lead this year

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

attackmole posted:

Top 5 is such a dumb criteria, especially as the league goes on and there's more and more players to consider. If you really have to 'rank' poo poo, tiers make more sense. MJ, Lebron, Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, etc. are godlike tier players who single handedly can put a team in championship contention. The end. Arbitrarily limiting yourself and trying to say 'but which 5 are best???' is dumb

No it's not. It's one of the top 3 most talked about topics in every sport, because it's fun to talk about. Calling a harmless and meaningless discussion about sports dumb is itself pretty dumb. The great thing is, using slightly different criteria, you can be right that Lebron is the GOAT, or that MJ is the GOAT, or Kareem or Wilt, or a few other guys.

It's just a fun thing to debate with fellow educated basketball fans like we have here. As long as nobody seriously brings up "ringzzz" as their argument, then it's all good.

For what it's worth, I think Lebron and MJ are tied for GOAT (eliminating Wilt from consideration because he doesn't count), tho the numbers seem to backup MJ more than Lebron, so I assume I'm putting Lebron in a tie with Jordan because I always hated Jordan.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I think there's a lot of guys who were kind of playing in the wrong era and I would love to see top players who could shoot compete in this era. I think Bird would be ridiculous.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shear Modulus posted:

folks forgetting about Bill Bradley already

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pepperidge Farms remembers when he played with a championship Knicks team too.

Spacebump posted:

The Starbucks guy who sold the Sonics to the backshooting coward Clay Bennett. Lotta Sonic fans died.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ben and Jerry's even has it ranked #2 after a decade at #1. It's behind only Half Baked, which no thank you

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

alansmithee posted:

Why not? I mean its not like ivy league degrees have stopped people from ruining poo poo in the past (assuming you even think there's a strong correlation between said degrees and intellect).

Like this whole attitude is elitist as gently caress and is a big reason why we have President Trump incoming. To me it seems an independently wealthy celeb with no real scandals attached to them, a history of being extremely charismatic and polished in front of the press, and a persona of being someone who actually cares and tries to help people would be the ideal candidate.

Just because the American populace got butthurt by the idea that the most powerful executive in the entire goddamn world should actually have qualifications doesn't mean the lesson we should learn from Trump is to start treating the Presidential election like we're voting for homecoming royalty.

On another subject, the cinnamon buns Ben & Jerry's is by far the superior flavor.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Poor Robert Covington is having one of the worst seasons of all time

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cool Buff Man posted:

Poor Robert Covington is having one of the worst seasons of all time

If you are including contacts in this discussion it's Evan Turner so far

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Athanatos posted:

If you are including contacts in this discussion it's Evan Turner so far

I'm actually just talking about the guy who's shooting 27.9% from the field cuz Evan Turner is pretty much a hackeysack at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

Ben and Jerry's even has it ranked #2 after a decade at #1. It's behind only Half Baked, which no thank you

Woah now I stood by while you guys talked about LeBron v. Michael Jordan and the future of American democracy but these things are important and Half Baked is better than Cherry Garcia.

• Locked thread