Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Update, though we don't really get closure on why.

quote:

He came back. He lied. I was upset and looked it. we gave him enough rope to make excuse after changing excuse. First he was shocked sticksy was gone, and would help look for him. Then he was shocked someone took him to a vet to be put down. Then when confronted with proof it was him, he claimed sticksy was hit by a car and he had to end his suffering. When confronted with a live happy sticksy he turned it around and it ended with him telling me he should have had me put down.

Wow, that escalated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Yikes, poor Sticksy. Thank goodness the op's friend just happened to work at that office and recognized him before it was too late.

Kill the ex bf and treat Sticksy to a feast of his meat imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

how many vets actually put down healthy dogs upon request for no reason anyway

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Good question. I could see the argument for it because the alternative is dog abandonment/murder if they refuse, but I would hope that vets would refuse.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Especially when they aren't the owners? Our dog is registered to our name and everything so it seems weird a vets office would agree to do that without the owner present.
And he jokes he should have put her down? Wtf all around

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Well the dog is obviously old and the bf might have lied and said he's in bad shape most of the time, in pain, irritable, etc

Khorne
May 1, 2002

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Especially when they aren't the owners? Our dog is registered to our name and everything so it seems weird a vets office would agree to do that without the owner present.
And he jokes he should have put her down? Wtf all around
I feel like there are omitted details still even though I got totally wrecked when she confirmed he was in good health. Like there's some big point of tension in their relationship that involves the dog and her behavior and attitude toward it. That she is omitting possibly unintentionally because she doesn't realize how obnoxious it is. "This relationship would be perfect if it wasn't for this dog" I think most people realize the problem is their s.o. and not some poor pet.

The people who post obnoxious poo poo about their cats on my facebook/instagram feeds are lovely people who get obsessed with a cat due to being a lovely person. Not because if you remove the cat they'll be perfect.

Should have had her put down is a good burn.

I guess the other option is he just wanted to murder the dog and console her while it was gone because he's a ridiculous person. I'm not sure how likely this is.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 27, 2016

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

OP's insane ex posted:

When confronted with a live happy sticksy he turned it around and it ended with him telling me he should have had me put down.

:staredog:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Sticksy made that exact face

devil
Jul 14, 2012

I don't know how to maintain a relationship or make another person feel happy loved or appreciated

devil
Jul 14, 2012

Oh this thread is for discussing Reddit posts. oops.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Khorne posted:

I guess the other option is he just wanted to murder the dog and console her while it was gone because he's a ridiculous person. I'm not sure how likely this is.

Maybe he's one of those redditors with a crying fetish?

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Themata posted:

Maybe he's one of those redditors with a crying fetish?

There was a redditor a while back who posted a thread where, essentially, her boyfriend destroyed a keepsake of her deceased sister solely so he could console her. She later told the thread that they got together during a rough period in her life, and the boyfriend got off on her being a "damsel in distress." Since their life had settled down and she wasn't as depressed anymore, he'd fabricate reasons for her to be upset.

For thread content:

My[20M] girlfriend [20F] has become extremely anxious about her passion [D&D] and I don't know how to help

quote:

Hello r/relationships! I come to you from an unlikely place... r/D&D. Also this turned out to be long as hell so... sorry about that and any formatting errors as im on mobile. (Throwaway because my gf lives on reddit)

EDIT: Yes, they guy wants to have sex with my girlfriend. We have talked about her leaving I have encouraged it. She is however very scared that if she leaves, she will loose her friends who she really likes. In the games I run, shes still very anxious but we were making progress over the summer, however back in september when the Chris campaign started again she took very large steps back. And leaving is also hard as the sessions are ran at hers. And she lives with Chris (they signed onto a house together with another friend before that whole situation happened). She has talked about it in therapy. She has also said that she will make a post about this when she has a moment to sit down.

TL:DR: After a friend made gf sit through 2 hours of telling her not to roleplay her character so much, she is extrenely anxious about playing at all in fear of making people upset with her, and it is making her miserable, I don't know hot to reassure her she is a great player.

Some context: I met my girlfriend last year in Spetember, when I went to a roleplayinv society at university. I have ran D&D sessions for 5 years by that point, and wanted to play instead. So I get there and watch different people pitch their games. Next to me is sat this lovely girl, nerding out to her friend about a game being pitched. It was wonderful and amazingly attractive to watch. We ended up in the same game, and after long nights of nerding out together, playing and just doing poo poo, we got together. She is still the most wonderful, dedicated and passionate nerd I know.

At this point, I also know she has seen some poo poo. Her past has a lot of abuse in it where ahe was made to feel like her existance itself was enough reason for punishment , and suffers anxiety and depression as a result. She is currently getting help for that. We support each other through our poo poo.
The issue: The game we joined is ran by our friend Chris [24M]. It has a few new players in who are still getting accustomed to role-playing etc. Well, he has been complaining about two guys being very inactive and because he is a bit of a jaded, negative-nihhilist, tragedy-whore... we have heard a lot about it and have seen him try to fix how his players... well. Play.

One day last year, he invited my gf over for a talk. During that talk, he told her that the two players were complaining, saying they feel like they can't play because she is too overbearing and pushes herself into everything (bullshit.) She explained her side of the issue, her characters diplomatic nature and how she doesnt do much else aside from being the groups diplomat. He told her to just... stop roleplaying in sessions for a while.

The talk lasted for 2 hours. 2 hours of being told she should stop doing the thing she loves for the sake of others. She went to one of the two guys (Alex) who apparently complained about her, to apologise, and say she didnt mean to be overbearing. His reaction (and we know we can trust him to be truthful) was "erm... no neither of us have an issue like that with you..." obvioulsy confused, she spoke to Chris again and told him about her convo with Alex. Chris said that nobody asked him to talk to her and they never said it was a big deal, he was just trying to prevent future problems.

She got quite upset. The 2 hour blaming fest resonated with her. Ever since, she has stopped being so active, and for 6 hours each weeks just sits there waiting to see if anyone interacts with her. When put into spotlight, she freaks out and shuts down, instead of adding her piece to create this awesome story.
She plays in my game that i started running around december last year and... its heartbreaking. As a person who runs the game, because i see how much she puts into each character, always making sure they make sense and feel natural to the world, from her engagememt in the story and just general demenaour... but also as her bf, watching the thing that made us first meet and become close just... die.

Chris, has also now started complaining she doesnt do anything in sessions anymore (and uses this to whine about how nobody appreciates his effort to run a game) and how thats an issue. But he refuses to acknowledge that it was his loving complaint fest that got her to this.

Recently, Alex said something that made her stay up all night. He said that yes, he finds her difficult to play with sometimes because he isn't that involved and is fine with it, but because nobody in the party ever does anything without prompt outside of her and myself, it feels like she does a lot to compensate for the group not doing anything.

That, along with a year of anxiety and worry, broke something I think. I get that nornally, this would be a giant case of overreaction. But for her, D&D was one place she could just exist without apology and be happy, and I get why this has been very upsetting to her. She has missed sessions, she doesnt want to do anything because she doesnt to make feel anyone uncofortable with her existance.
I don't know how to help her realize she is a wonderful player and how to get her back to being comfortable in the game.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

nerding

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Khorne posted:

I feel like there are omitted details still even though I got totally wrecked when she confirmed he was in good health. Like there's some big point of tension in their relationship that involves the dog and her behavior and attitude toward it. That she is omitting possibly unintentionally because she doesn't realize how obnoxious it is. "This relationship would be perfect if it wasn't for this dog" I think most people realize the problem is their s.o. and not some poor pet.

The people who post obnoxious poo poo about their cats on my facebook/instagram feeds are lovely people who get obsessed with a cat due to being a lovely person. Not because if you remove the cat they'll be perfect.

Should have had her put down is a good burn.

I mean she already said the dude wanted to move abroad but the dog was too old to go through that soooooo pretty sure it has to do with that!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Troposphere posted:

I mean she already said the dude wanted to move abroad but the dog was too old to go through that soooooo pretty sure it has to do with that!

Still, it feels like she's missed something. It's ridiculous that a guy would go right to dog murder with zero red flags ahead of time. That isn't normal. Even for crazy people that isn't normal.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Some people are just self-centered assholes, they don't need a special reason to be an rear end in a top hat. He figured he could get away with it, so he did it.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Facebook Aunt posted:

Still, it feels like she's missed something. It's ridiculous that a guy would go right to dog murder with zero red flags ahead of time. That isn't normal. Even for crazy people that isn't normal.

I agree with this. There had to have been some tell that the guy wasn't all there. Nobody goes from good guy to dog killer in one step.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Facebook Aunt posted:

Attempting to justify the actions of legit crazy people is futile. He might have been perceived the dog as competition with his girlfriend, maybe the dog annoys him so much, maybe he secretly hates dogs. I'm sure dude didn't go from zero to killing the dog for no reason, but it could very well be a totally insane reason which was "logical" only to him. We'll never know and there is no reason to speculate.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 27, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Some people are just self-centered assholes, they don't need a special reason to be an rear end in a top hat. He figured he could get away with it, so he did it.

I got my cat from a woman whose husband couldn't stand him. She had even had a cat before she met him, and he insisted that she get rid of it once they married. Pretty weird, he is a super wonderful cat. Since then, they have gotten divorced because the man was so selfish. He quit his job, didn't do anything… complained a lot, didn't help.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm pretty sure crazy people have done crazier things

just seems like people are trying to blame her somehow and justify what he did. but maybe he's just a shithead and it took this to see his true colors. some people hide that well

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

One of my lovely relatives used to do this with animals when she got tired of dealing with them. Her excuse was that the animal shelter would be too traumatic and they'd get put down there anyway.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I suppose it's a good thing he tried to do a very wrong thing the "right" way. If he'd just killed the dog instead of tryina have it euthanized he probably would have gotten away with it and right now he'd be out trying to "help find" it with his distraught but fooled girlfriend.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I will kill any number of dogs for any reason, and I'm not even a vet anymore

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My [24M] girlfriend [24F] of almost a year spends 2 hours putting on makeup every day

Posting this anonymously because my girlfriend posts on reddit and knows my account. I would also like to add a disclaimer that I am not trying to control her appearance and I understand that women wear makeup for reasons other than wanting to be attractive to men. My issue with the makeup is that it's affecting other areas of my girlfriend's life and our relationship.

My [24M] girlfriend [24F] and I have been together for almost a year. The one year anniversary of the day we met and had our first date is actually this Friday. She is a good person. It's not just about looks because I am attracted to her personality as well. I really am. But her excessive makeup is affecting her life in other areas and our relationship.

When we first started dating I didn't realize how long it took to put on so much makeup. I knew she wore it but I was clueless as too how much/how long it took. My girlfriend will spend at least 2 hours every morning applying makeup. It doesn’t matter what her plans are for the day, she will spend at least 2 hours doing it, whether she is just going to be at home alone watching TV or running out to the store quickly or going to work. Last year on New Year’s Eve I found out that she spent 3.5 hours doing it before she went out. I asked her once and she says she uses at minimum 25 different makeup products every day. She sleeps in full makeup and never washes it all off. The first couple of times we spent the night together I thought the only reason she slept with it on was because we had been out all night dancing or at a pub and we were tired and just kind of came back to one of our places and fell right asleep. But she does it every single night. She does it even when she is sleeping alone and I am not there. She wears her full makeup into the shower and is careful to get as little of it off as possible. She doesn’t wash off her old makeup from before when she put makeup on for a new day, she puts more on over it. She says it’s been at least 5 years since she has seen herself without any makeup at all on.

As I said it’s not about her appearance (I would not mind seeing her without makeup but I don’t want to control her or tell her just for appearance reasons) but it’s about how it is affecting our relationship and her personal life as well. Some examples: Recently I had to travel for work. When I got back my brother was supposed to pick me up from the airport. He had car trouble and couldn’t make it. Before I paid for a cab I called my girlfriend and asked if she wouldn’t mind picking me or if she wanted to get some more sleep because it was after 1:00 A.M. I would have been fine if she wanted to sleep but she said she would come and get me. It took her over 3 hours to come and get me because she spent 2 hours putting makeup on before she left. 2 hours of makeup to drive to the airport in the dark, pick me up, take me home and then go back home to bed. And when she got up later that morning for the day she spent another 2 hours doing it again even though she wasn’t working that day and she stayed home alone the whole day.

Back in October her sister went into labor prematurely. Thankfully both her sister and the baby are fine but at the time it was really bad and they came close to death. I was not sleeping at her place the night that it happened but her dad had called her at home that night and told her to get to the hospital because her sister was in distress and she and the baby might die. My girlfriend spent almost 2 hours putting on makeup before she rushed to the hospital. She was told her sister and her baby might die any minute and she still took the time to put on makeup before she went. She says she cut corners and took almost 2 hours instead of the full 2 t least she was in a hurry but she couldn’t leave without makeup on.

Since she takes 2 hours to put on makeup she has to get up much earlier in the morning. If not for the makeup she wouldn’t have to wake up until 7 A.M. on work days. She wakes up at 4:30-5:00 A.M. instead. She often complains about being tired and not getting enough sleep but instead of sleeping for 7-8 hours she will only sleep for 5.5-6 hours. She lies to her doctor about having insomnia and sometimes takes medication to help her sleep. On days when she doesn’t have to work she can easily sleep 8 hours or more. But she refuses to cut back on her makeup to get more sleep.

Before we were together she needed surgery for something mouth related. Her doctor wanted to do it in the hospital but she refused because she would have had to show up completely makeup free for the surgery so instead she opted for a dental specialist in his office because there was no makeup free rule for that. Because it wasn’t done in the hospital the dental specialist had to do it a different way and instead of a quick recovery it took her almost 2 weeks. We both had the flu recently and she still put makeup on even though she was sick in bed and throwing up.

Because she sleeps in full makeup her bedding is awful and I bought some pillowcases and blankets for her when she sleeps at my place so she doesn’t ruin mine. I also have my own when I sleep at her place because I will get makeup all over me if I use hers. I had to buy furniture covers because she got makeup all over my furniture. At the beginning of our relationship she ruined a couple of my shirts because when we cuddled or she put her head on my shoulder her makeup would be left behind. Now unless we are going to get sexual I don’t even kiss her, we just blow kisses and hold hands because if we kiss I get makeup left on me. She doesn’t wear collared shirts, turtlenecks or scarves because her makeup ruins them. After we are intimate I always have makeup all over me.

All of this is starting to weigh on my mind and give me doubts about the relationship. My girlfriend says she can stop wearing makeup at any time but that she just doesn’t want too. I challenged her to wash off all the makeup and not wear any for a day, even if she was home alone but she couldn’t even do it. My issue is not her wearing makeup or what she looks like, it is how it interferes with her and our lives. I was floored when I found out she took almost 2 hours to put on makeup on before going to see her sister who may have been dying. I do love her but I can’t imagine living like this forever.

My girlfriend sometimes tells me that people dismiss her and do not take her seriously and I think her wearing her full makeup and not toning it down when appropriate (serious work meetings, funerals etc.) could be why. She wears full makeup to the gym and then won’t work out because she doesn’t want to ruin it. When I bring it up she says that she chooses to wear makeup but could stop at any time and that it’s no one’s business what she wears or puts on her face. I don’t know what else I can do. Is there any hope or anything that I can say to get her to listen to my point of view? She says I don’t understand and can’t fault her for wanting to present her best self in any situation. Any advice for me would be really appreciated.

tl;dr: My girlfriend of almost a year spends at least 2 hours each morning putting on makeup (at least 25 different products). She does this even when she is going to be home alone all day without going out. She sleeps and showers in full makeup and doesn’t wash off all the old makeup every morning before she put the new makeup on. She has ruined bedding, clothes and furniture because her makeup gets on it. She complains about not sleeping enough but won’t stop getting up 2 hours early to do her makeup. She took 2 hours to put on makeup before going to see her possibly dying pregnant sister (who had gone into premature labor and was in distress) instead of rushing right there. This isn’t about her looks or trying to control her, but about how it is interfering with her life/our relationship. She says she can not wear makeup at any time but just doesn’t want to.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

bring your pooch to me so I can end him with a devastating drop kick

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zelder posted:

bring your pooch to me so I can end him with a devastating drop kick

Is it a humane drop kick? I want it to be as painless as possible.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Troposphere posted:

I'm pretty sure crazy people have done crazier things

just seems like people are trying to blame her somehow and justify what he did. but maybe he's just a shithead and it took this to see his true colors. some people hide that well
Don't get me wrong, the girl seems alright and there are no red flags in the story at all. I'd dump someone for the way he lied about it alone. Not lying at first but constantly evolving the lie like he did.

The dog also seems legitimately cool from the pictures.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Holy poo poo she decided that the risk of never seeing her sister again wasn't worth going out without makeup for? That was pretty distressing to read.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
At my college there was a woman who wouldn't leave the dorm for fire alarms until her makeup was done but at least she could get it down to 15 minutes.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
While that anecdote is more objectively awful, I was most bothered by the makeup-caked bedding and the fact that she never takes anything off, just puts on a new topcoat

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Holy poo poo she decided that the risk of never seeing her sister again wasn't worth going out without makeup for? That was pretty distressing to read.

She may have shown up in the bimbo thread in FYAD already.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Adam Pearson did a show where he talked to cosmetics addicts. I haven't been able to catch it but he seems pretty sharp.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

While that anecdote is more objectively awful, I was most bothered by the makeup-caked bedding and the fact that she never takes anything off, just puts on a new topcoat

I'm sure she'd look insanely bad without makeup at this point since her skin hasn't seen daylight or touched air in years.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I mean gently caress I spend a good half hour to an hour on makeup IF I'm going to work or out somewhere nice but jesus that gave me the willies. it's so important to wash your makeup off at the end of the day, I can't imagine what her pores look like. I was horrified when I found out my mom sleeps in her bare minerals powder foundation, this is some next level nasty

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
How does it take her two hours every day if it's caked to the point she hasn't washed it off in half a decade? :stare:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

yeah wow that is foul. Even completely setting aside the dying sister anecdote, this would disgust me to the point of attraction being utterly impossible. Reminds of (bizarrely) of an old Dilbert where the lady character did the same thing, eventually causing her head to look like a bowling ball with holes in the makeup for eyes and mouth.

also lol at "I can stop whenever I want, I just don't want to" as most cliched addiction-speak so far in this thread

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
and god I would never put on makeup if I'm not leaving the house fuuuuuck that!! my pores gotta breath sometime

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've noticed that this is a thing common among British girls. Thick makeup that rarely comes off, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

I've noticed that this is a thing common among British girls. Thick makeup that rarely comes off, that is.

Found the Pearson thing, and lo and behold it's a British woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7sPyLZHzgA