Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lactose Is Wack posted:

i'm done - yes you are right, education, income inequality, healthcare and financial sector reform should all be dumped so we can devote all our resources to gun control.

bad dems would rather get wound up over issues like gun control than go after the billionaire class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GlyphGryph posted:

Most people support reasonable gun regulation, the problem is they know that, because of folks like Fulchrum, anyone arguing for reasonable gun regulation is probably doing it with the end goal of seizing all their firearms.

Seriously, we could shove an hdmi cable up your rear end and watch Fury Road in high definition on the side of a building.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I suspect those 95 percent were polled using the same amazing polling methods that nailed the election.

Polls are all you have to show there is majority support for taxing the rich, sweetie.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lactose Is Wack posted:

i'm done - yes you are right, education, income inequality, healthcare and financial sector reform should all be dumped so we can devote all our resources to gun control.

How is it that you are so bad at this that you manage to confuse who is arguing what.

Look, let me lay it out for you.

People keep saying guns are a losing issue, and losing issues should be dropped.

I make the point that income equality is also a losing argument, so that argument just comes off as stupid when everyone here is saying that "hang the rich and eat their children" is the slogan the dems needs.

How do you manage to get 'gun control is the most important issue' from that, and not 'we can't just give up on something because there is some form of opposition"?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quick update: Obama people still melting down over Keith being a shoe in. Clinton world mysteriously quiet outside of support for a recount. Looks like the party is bouncing back faster than I thought it would.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i support the actual muslim black guy, i would vote for him as president. the dnc will thus put out tim kaine.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

bad posters itt

Greetings

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Quick update: Obama people still melting down over Keith being a shoe in. Clinton world mysteriously quiet outside of support for a recount. Looks like the party is bouncing back faster than I thought it would.

lmao, they are trying to hold onto power after literally losing 900 seats in the last election.

Would you keep the same head coach if he failed to produce winning strong records for multiple seasons in a row?

This is what bad dems are arguing, we have been losing downticket for years but we still deserve to hold the top positions in the DNC!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
take this slap fighting bullshit to D&D

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Fulchrum, have you ever considered introspection. Sometimes the reason everyone is against you isnt because THEY are the stupid ones incapable of a real discussion and cogent thought?

There is another subforum more appropriate for the type of arguing you seem to want to use this thread for, I would very much like us to go back to being committed to improving the party instead of arguing about stupid bullshit

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Nov 27, 2016

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bump_fn posted:

take this slap fighting bullshit to D&D

debate and discussion will ban you for thinking you should still talk to your relatives who voted for trump

some debate :smug:

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Fulchrum posted:

How is it that you are so bad at this that you manage to confuse who is arguing what.

Look, let me lay it out for you.

People keep saying guns are a losing issue, and losing issues should be dropped.

I make the point that income equality is also a losing argument, so that argument just comes off as stupid when everyone here is saying that "hang the rich and eat their children" is the slogan the dems needs.

How do you manage to get 'gun control is the most important issue' from that, and not 'we can't just give up on something because there is some form of opposition"?

you are right thank you for clarifying

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pon de Bundy posted:

i support the actual muslim black guy, i would vote for him as president. the dnc will thus put out tim kaine.

Isn't it, like, a gigantic conflict of interest for the party chair to run as the parties nominee for president?

GlyphGryph posted:

Fulchrum, have you ever considered introspection. Sometimes the reason everyone is against you isnt because THEY are the stupid ones incapable of a real discussion and cogent thought?
Due to a self critical nature, I had considered this, but in light of people being incapable of seeing the irony in saying 'gun control is a probably unpopular issue. Now class warfare, THAT'S what Americans provably support', I think the evidence doesn't support that theory.

Especially when you need to rely on saying I want to forcibly disarm all minorities.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I forget did you ever share your opinion on whether you were in favor of forced bussing?

nopants
May 29, 2004

etalian posted:

bad dems would rather get wound up over issues like gun control than go after the billionaire class.

Friend, we can't go after the billionaire class because we depend on their money to win elections.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

It only took a couple weeks for them to break out of their stupor.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

The Obamamen are having a hard time with the fact their legacy is going to be a crippled Democratic party, a powerful executive that's going to be in the hands of a punch line for 20 years, and a bunch of stuff that's going to be IMMEDIATELY repealed, huh

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Fulchrum posted:

Due to a self critical nature, I had considered this

Be more critical

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
thanks a lot hillary for literally ruining everything because it was "your" turn

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nopants posted:

Friend, we can't go after the billionaire class because we depend on their money to win elections.

Hillary collected 1.3 billion dollars and lost.

900 seats were lost in the recent election, surely taking money from the billionaire class and throwing the working class under the bus led to great electoral success.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm thinking of hosting a political based podcast show where multiple people have discussions on political topics. Would anyone in this thread like to join in?

i would like to join in on this, and i can provide segments of my demo reel if you need any help in making a decision:

here i expound on a variety of subjects, much in the manner of my posting history on something awful

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

The Obamamen are having a hard time with the fact their legacy is going to be a crippled Democratic party, a powerful executive that's going to be in the hands of a punch line for 20 years, and a bunch of stuff that's going to be IMMEDIATELY repealed, huh

First black president, the severed heads of Osama and Fidel

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

etalian posted:

Hillary collected 1.3 billion dollars and lost.

900 seats were lost in the recent election, surely taking money from the billionaire class and throwing the working class under the bus led to great electoral success.

if only we focused more on gun control.....

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It only took a couple weeks for them to break out of their stupor.

Well it depends on the factions your talking about. But yes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think I might start hitting for its her turn meme because it seems like just skirting the line on dem primary salt while also providing nothing of substance it of itself

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

First black president, the severed heads of Osama and Fidel

Assassinated a man under house arrest and someone died of natural causes when they were 90, nice job Obama

Was the first Black President, though. And probably will be the most popular. But goddamn this hollowed out husk they gave us. The Obamamen should be ashamed it happened like this.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i think it should be fine when expressly talking about the long-term damage she caused because i feel it's highly relevant but that's just me

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I mean it was also her attitude in the general, see: her campaign not even trying

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

Assassinated a man under house arrest and someone died of natural causes when they were 90, nice job Obama

Was the first Black President, though. And probably will be the most popular. But goddamn this hollowed out husk they gave us. The Obamamen should be ashamed it happened like this.

If it was so easy to kill Osama why didn't Bush or Clinton do it?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I mean it was also her attitude in the general, see: her campaign not even trying

Her campaign was very passive, hoping Trump's various gaffes would sink his campaign.

Meanwhile he was out holding multiple rallies a day in rust belt states and rural areas.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

he wasn't under house arrest

they also sucked too

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

examples of Obama men melting down? I know that wing of the party is all neoliberal stooges but I always more strongly identified that bullshit centrist Third Wayism with Clinton so it's weird to me that his wing of the party is having more trouble with this turn left than hers is

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you want to be really honest Osama being alive was a lot more useful to the Bush doctrine than him being dead, so they likely didn't try too hard.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

If you want to be really honest Osama being alive was a lot more useful to the Bush doctrine than him being dead, so they likely didn't try too hard.

That's getting a little too far into conspiracy theory for me. It's much more believable that Bush and his appointees were just incompetent.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

examples of Obama men melting down? I know that wing of the party is all neoliberal stooges but I always more strongly identified that bullshit centrist Third Wayism with Clinton so it's weird to me that his wing of the party is having more trouble with this turn left than hers is

I'm assuming it's a lot of folks who thought they'd have continued influence and positions going into ~obama's third term~ and now they're bitter as gently caress and have a hell of a death grip.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Guy Goodbody posted:

I remember there was a documentary about hunting Osama from the Clinton years where SF dudes had his location or w.e. but weren't allowed to engage.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Venom Snake posted:

Because all of the DLC types just simply want to keep their jobs. If the Democratic Party had huge pressures to become Communist, then they would all be touting copies of Das Kapital. Most people in any dominating party, regardless of how radical it is, are simply in it because it provides employment. As for the neo-liberal wing, they don't really have anything at stake so of course they aren't going to be as fervent as they should be.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Well that and they didn't really give a poo poo about Afghanistan other than as a test run for the real war they wanted in Iraq. Or perhaps that's what you meant.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well that and they didn't really give a poo poo about Afghanistan other than as a test run for the real war they wanted in Iraq. Or perhaps that's what you meant.

Basically

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The DNC was in Hillarys corner despite her obvious flaws because they were all positioning themselves for positions in a Clinton administration that they were positive was coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

*puffs joint* good poo poo

• Locked thread