Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Theophany posted:

Yes and it was brilliant. Clearly found somewhere supplying alcoholic contraband and proceeded to give zero fucks about anything F1 related. Absolute legend.

ETA: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10675168/watch-teds-abu-dhabi-race-notebook first 2 minutes, best Notebook ever.

Brilliant stuff. Ted looked like he was having flashbacks to being bullied at school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

7 years since I wanted someone to win the WDC and they did... what a time to be alive

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Couldn't care less who won the WDC as I don't care for either Lewis or Nico but Hamilton's strategy was bang on and I can't fault it. Him telling his team to go gently caress themselves was just the icing on the cake

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

And drunk Jenson on CH4 too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAIVumw8cI

e - posted before I watched him on ted's notebook, confirming actual gold ripping on Ted

andyf fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 27, 2016

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

loving pro click

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GramCracker posted:

What even is that logic?

Merc were in danger of losing the 1 2, seb was ludicrously faster, and about 7 seconds faster than Lewis and on fast fresh tyres. Luckily seb is a good lad who sacrificed a win because gently caress trying to take on Lewis in a do or die mood.

Also Nico was made to let Lewis overtake him in the early days and kept muttering "remember this moment remember this" over the radio at the end, and Rosberg seems like the kind of man who broods over that kind of a thing.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

Yes and it was brilliant. Clearly found somewhere supplying alcoholic contraband and proceeded to give zero fucks about anything F1 related. Absolute legend.

ETA: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10675168/watch-teds-abu-dhabi-race-notebook first 2 minutes, best Notebook ever.

:allears:

Thank you both for sharing.

Definitely running out of drivers I'm willing to cheer on. Nando and Big John, Kimi as well to a degree. Sainz of the young whipper snappers maybe? Kyvat for comedy value.

Just watching a few other post-race interviews, Nico gets ultimate respect for squeezing 'holy moly' into a conversation.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'll cheer either Force India driver on in a mid-pack battle, but that's as far up as they'll be fighting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I thought Sainz in general was better than frog boy. But then again I don't actually believe Red Bull's propaganda.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Edit: double post

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm going to pick a driver from the team which will always be on the third step, as they repeatedly tell everyone how much closer they are getting to the obviously dominant team.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'll add Vettel to the list if he keeps being a goofball and stirring poo poo up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's obviously no chance of mercedes falling off the face of the earth but a 4 way battle between ric, max, vettel and kimi would be pretty awesome.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Vettel talking about the seagull was peak Vettel

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Next year I'm rooting for Hulk. He has always seemed like a stableand well mannered gentleman.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Vettel talking about the seagull was peak Vettel

Vettel has always been a funny guy. That legendarily long question at a drivers press conference and his loving around with James Allen was straight up hilarious.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:siren: Verstappen accepting responsibility for his mistake :siren:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-not-blaming-hulkenberg-for-spin-854683/

He's growing up, guys.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Vettel is a good lad who means well

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

:siren: Verstappen accepting responsibility for his mistake :siren:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-not-blaming-hulkenberg-for-spin-854683/

He's growing up, guys.

I honestly believe he's an old head on young shoulders and it's the older guys who are having problems accepting he's a hard bastard. His racecraft textbook is straight out of the late 80s/early 90s.

The fact that they're legislating his driving style out of existence is loving depressing. His F3 season was worth watching just for him and his batshit overtakes. Brazil this year was like watching him in that series again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's poo poo and I hope he breaks his legs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis in a non dominant car + Max is going to be like watching F-Zero X's death race.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Couldn't care less who won the WDC as I don't care for either Lewis or Nico but Hamilton's strategy was bang on and I can't fault it. Him telling his team to go gently caress themselves was just the icing on the cake

Well it wasn't bang on as it didn't work, and now every driver will know that if they have him as a team mate they should gently caress him over as soon as possible, Alonso saw this back at McLaren when Lewis tried to gently caress with him and did one of the funniest things I can remember in F1

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

djssniper posted:

Well it wasn't bang on as it didn't work, and now every driver will know that if they have him as a team mate they should gently caress him over as soon as possible, Alonso saw this back at McLaren when Lewis tried to gently caress with him and did one of the funniest things I can remember in F1

Lewis caught Alonso off guard but in the second half of the season Alonso had him beat soundly, what happened in Hungary was 100% a team decision to penalize Lewis but him and the media whined so much they had to penalize Alonso and the team.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

djssniper posted:

That might have been one of the most amazing Driver combos just because Nando was never going to take Poois' poo poo.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I've been watching F1 for about 40 years now. In retrospect, the last 2 seasons have been pretty bad. Not the worst ever, but pretty close.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
It's hard to beat 2013 for badness.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Lewis caught Alonso off guard but in the second half of the season Alonso had him beat soundly, what happened in Hungary was 100% a team decision to penalize Lewis but him and the media whined so much they had to penalize Alonso and the team.

I don't care, Lewis tried to gently caress with him, but that pit stop in Qualy had me laughing so much

Edit: Not half as much as China though

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

daslog posted:

I've been watching F1 for about 40 years now. In retrospect, the last 2 seasons have been pretty bad. Not the worst ever, but pretty close.

If you didn't feel tense for the last few laps, wow

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

2004, 2002, and 1992 are really loving bad.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Button was lucky the McLaren was so dogshit because if it was a competitive car Alonso would have destroyed him, that's what Alonso does, in one of his first few races with Ferrari (China think it was) Massa was running ahead of him and it was time to come into the pits but they were really close and Alonso passed him right on the pit entry so the mechanics had to quickly go pick up his tires, it was amazing and it was Alonso saying "yeah you're my bitch now".

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

If you didn't feel tense for the last few laps, wow

It was utterly predictable. The Mercedes were 1 and 2 at the start and the race was over except for the fake drama from the TV announcers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

How in the ever living gently caress people bitch about the past three years or Mercedes when we had to endure that loving steaming pile is beyond me.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

daslog posted:

It was utterly predictable. The Mercedes were 1 and 2 at the start and the race was over except for the fake drama from the TV announcers.

After reading this I had to check the Wiki article on it. This is all it says about the race

quote:

At the start, Max Verstappen went into a spin after gently touching Nico Hulkenberg's Force India. In their last ever races, Jenson Button was forced to retire with suspension issues but Felipe Massa was able to finish in 9th position.

So yeah I can see why you'd feel that way

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I just don't find back-markers that interesting.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

El Hefe posted:

it was amazing and it was Alonso saying "yeah you're my bitch now".
But honestly, what man or woman wouldn't be happy to hear this from Alonso?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

what a loving shitshow

gently caress f1

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

#NotMyWDC

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

andyf posted:

And drunk Jenson on CH4 too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAIVumw8cI

e - posted before I watched him on ted's notebook, confirming actual gold ripping on Ted

What a top lad.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Gonna miss Are Jense. Sad to be stuck with Their Lewis.

But look at these two adorable world champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Powershift posted:

And now to see the 15-2-1 stampeders lose the grey cup to the 8-9-1 redblacks in the CFL because it's 2016 and that's how things work now.

Look what you did.

• Locked thread