Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

To bring peace to Syria we just have to do nothing, though, Obama just doesnt want peace that leaves Russia-friendly Assad in power

And about the constitutionality of the muslim ban, it hasn't been ruled on by SCOTUS but i think it would be found unconstitutional today. After Trump's one appointment initially and one or two more, though...

Since Hillary and bad dems lost the election they don't have the means to block bills or SCOTUS appointments.

Republicans control both houses now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

We tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!

The Ned Flanders' beatnik parents approach to geopolitical quagmires.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
Trump's gonna explicitly tell the White House decorators to gild all the gold and paint every lilly they can find

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The whole hilarious in-fighting within the transition team seems to be something hilariously new.

You have people wanting Romney for SoS but then you have the Trump inner circle wanting crazier options like Bolton/Giuliani

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nichael posted:

You're a super intelligent orangutan, I have no grievances with your ilk.

lets not go throwing around excessive adjectives here

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

Trump's sense of style is straight out of EVE Online's Amarr Empire. He is the human embodiment of garish.

A world in which billions toil and die at the whims of mega reach elites who live beyond the reach of the law? *Trumps ears perk up*

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

this is your saint of the month reminder that the Episcopal church was thrown out of the Anglican communion for being "to far to the left"

My dad quit angrily when we ordained the gay bishop, lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kakistocrats

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Clinton is a criminal who broke the law, and if she isn't she will not be put in jail just hassled yet again. There is no current plan to implement internment camps or even to ban Muslim immigrants except those from volatile nations. There is nothing unconstitutional about a religious test on immigrants, those protections begin only once they are within US jurisdiction.

I like that part a lot by the way. "Clinton is a criminal," despite Secretary Powell and General Flynn doing the same or worse things as her. "There is no current plan to implement interment camps," when 1) the very idea of them is sickening to its core and should be removed from American discourse like a cancer and 2) he literally had a dude coming into a meeting with him with a Muslim database on paper as proposed policy.

Yinlock posted:

The Kakistocrats
I really want to outline my "The Kakistocrats!" joke but I think it'd be too hosed up for even this forum so I'll resist.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
how 2 defeat isis:

1. tag team with russia, france, and england and bomb everything not under Assads control
2. repeat as necessary
3. make it clear Assad is in charge

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

And about the constitutionality of the muslim ban, it hasn't been ruled on by SCOTUS but i think it would be found unconstitutional today. After Trump's one appointment initially and one or two more, though...

i'm not talking about the SCOTUS though, i'm talking on this dead forum about it

i mean, just because SCOTUS says so doesn't mean people really think corporations have free speech

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Pon de Bundy posted:

how 2 defeat isis:

1. tag team with russia, france, and england and bomb everything not under Assads control
2. repeat as necessary

:perfect:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I like that part a lot by the way. "Clinton is a criminal," despite Secretary Powell and General Flynn doing the same or worse things as her. "There is no current plan to implement interment camps," when 1) the very idea of them is sickening to its core and should be removed from American discourse like a cancer and 2) he literally had a dude coming into a meeting with him with a Muslim database on paper as proposed policy.

I really want to outline my "The Kakistocrats!" joke but I think it'd be too hosed up for even this forum so I'll resist.

it's just o&r doing his weird devils advocate thing

i fell for the same trap and was destroyed

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

People in Flint and Detroit are sick of Republicans and they are sick of Democrats because their local politicians were lovely too. It isn't like anybody said "poisoned by Snyder? Okay, cool, voting Trump." The people who were pissed about Flint stayed home because they didn't think Hillary gave a poo poo about them either.

Run better candidates and this state will go back to blue.

Michigan went to Trump by about 10k votes. Given his behavior I would hardly say you need to do much to turn Michigan blue again. That said, paying attention to the state so it's not lost again is a good idea.

etalian posted:

The whole hilarious in-fighting within the transition team seems to be something hilariously new.

You have people wanting Romney for SoS but then you have the Trump inner circle wanting crazier options like Bolton/Giuliani

Simple lack of true leadership. Trump thinks he can run the nation like that Ayn Rand-loving Sears CEO can run his business: by setting everybody against each other. And then you end up with a lot of shuttered stores and everybody laughing behind your back. Or in this case, Kellyanne Conway screaming about SoS while the president's kids telling foreign powers not to listen to the elected official of this country.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

To bring peace to Syria we just have to do nothing, though, Obama just doesnt want peace that leaves Russia-friendly Assad in power
I definitely think Obama has helped prolong the war, but not sure Assad can win even with Russian help. The Syrian army is exhausted and Saudi Arabia & the Gulf States still have their own agendas. The U.S. doesn't control everything in the world through either action or inaction on its part

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pon de Bundy posted:

how 2 defeat isis:

2. repeat as necessary
You forgot the bing bing bong bong step.

Karl Sharks posted:

i'm not talking about the SCOTUS though, i'm talking on this dead forum about it

i mean, just because SCOTUS says so doesn't mean people really think corporations have free speech
The Constitution can kind of mean whatever the gently caress you want it to mean assuming you have enough Supreme Court justices to back you. Good thing MAGA-men are going to appoint the next few of them then!

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Not even president and already recycling tweets. Sad!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
a little nerve gas here, a little carpet bombing there and BOOM SYRIA IS BACK BABY

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

it's just o&r doing his weird devils advocate thing

i fell for the same trap and was destroyed
I'm pretty sure I've fallen for the O&R trap a few drat times myself, but I got sick of the Baloogan/O&R "Trump!" shouting like some kind of demented version of Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk".

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nichael posted:

The Constitution can kind of mean whatever the gently caress you want it to mean assuming you have enough Supreme Court justices to back you. Good thing MAGA-men are going to appoint the next few of them then!

which is why i think it's dumb to talk about what the SCOTUS will say is unconstitional rather than what someone here makes as an argument

granted it doesn't matter and SCOTUS' rule is law, but if we followed that we'd have nothing to discuss on here at all

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/802965075359186945

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

the only hope we have left with president trump is him being visited by the ghost of christmas future, showing how hosed up he leaves america and how poo poo he is seen by everyone and written about in textbooks

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

maybe he just wants his truck to have a baby with a prius so he can have a more efficient truck

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

the only hope we have left with president trump is him being visited by the ghost of christmas future, showing how hosed up he leaves america and how poo poo he is seen by everyone and written about in textbooks

there was a quantum leap pre-peotus Trump episode that had this plot exactly

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

uhhh hate to break it to you but Christmas Future was a fatality last year in Obama and Starbucks' War on Christmas. He's in a better place now...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Simple lack of true leadership. Trump thinks he can run the nation like that Ayn Rand-loving Sears CEO can run his business: by setting everybody against each other. And then you end up with a lot of shuttered stores and everybody laughing behind your back. Or in this case, Kellyanne Conway screaming about SoS while the president's kids telling foreign powers not to listen to the elected official of this country.

It's probably a way that Trump is very much like Hitler. Hitler enjoyed having a dysfunctional nazi bureaucracy since it always forced people to come crawling to him to resolve disputes or give opinions on lower level disagreements.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

We've got a saying around here, "Get used to it Hitler!"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nichael posted:

uhhh hate to break it to you but Christmas Future was a fatality last year in Obama and Starbucks' War on Christmas. He's in a better place now...

but you can't kill ghosts?! impossible!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My friend totally lost his mind on election night and is now repeatedly posting Viva Fidel! on Facebook and talking about buying an assault rifle.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe those things are good though I dunno. I don't know what to think anymore

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

lets not go throwing around excessive adjectives here

Nichael posted:

We've got a saying around here, "Get used to it Hitler!"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

but you can't kill ghosts?! impossible!!

you've never heard of a double ghost?

Wikkheiser posted:

My friend totally lost his mind on election night and is now repeatedly posting Viva Fidel! on Facebook and talking about buying an assault rifle.

I like the cut of this guy's jib

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

Maybe those things are good though I dunno. I don't know what to think anymore

then just dont think at all!!!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Romney isn't going to get SoS at this point. He won't be able to do his job with all the bullshit that's been spewed by people he's supposed to be working with.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

do first then do some more
its a lot like posting really

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

He won't be able to do his job with all the bullshit that's been spewed by people he's supposed to be working with.

welcome to politics baby

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

etalian posted:

It's probably a way that Trump is very much like Hitler. Hitler enjoyed having a dysfunctional nazi bureaucracy since it always forced people to come crawling to him to resolve disputes or give opinions on lower level disagreements.

Yeah, I get the feeling Paul Ryan would see that and laugh and then go back to saying 'so, Medicare, what are we going to do with the money we got from that.' Not saying Trump couldn't be Hitler, but he's not as adept at it as the other GOP members. Hell, at this point Chuck freaking Schumer has an in with Trump considering the donations he's gotten from him.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

gently caress my prius, presidaddy trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Nichael posted:

As I said earlier, I clearly have a fundamental difference in how I approach politics from Michigan's populace.

I mean, yeah, you probably don't live in one of the most economically depressed cities in the country with decades of democratic mayors and city council-people, one of which is serving like thirty years for fraud. Like, have a little understanding of why they stayed home and then do what you can to try to make sure they have a reason to get to the polls.

• Locked thread