Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would never play PVP on a regular basis but it's fun to just pop in for a short round here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

veni veni veni posted:

I would never play PVP on a regular basis but it's fun to just pop in for a short round here and there.

Yeah, the reason I like Mixtape is because the game has a few modes I enjoy but wouldn't want to play for long periods like Bounty Hunter.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Jumpoff posted:

I ran around with the CAR and grappling hook and had fun. I switched to the R201 with pulse knife and had fun. Alternator with Pilot Stim? Also fun.

Okay, now use the Spitfire and Holo. Go on.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tone is only fun if you're playing with pubbies and they bitch about getting rekt by tone

Switching back to scorch is brutal cause dude moves like an inch a minute, but it gets fun on the tighter maps.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The thunderbolt is really good I think. I just love playing peek-a-boo and constantly launching it into a mob of Titans and watching my meter grow

I think all the anti-Titan weapons are p. good TBH.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

The thunderbolt is really good I think. I just love playing peek-a-boo and constantly launching it into a mob of Titans and watching my meter grow

Yeah, it's good for building meter

Also my preferred method is to find a Titan fighting another Titan and just lob mgl rounds from a window. You gain meter so quickly by damaging titans as a pilot.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Okay, now use the Spitfire and Holo. Go on.
Spitfire was the very first weapon I got to gen 2 simply because I could and I enjoyed my time with it :colbert:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
All the guns in the game are good (except the R-97, Cold War, and Wingman)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm a noobie but I like the LStar a lot

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
im just going to make myself get every weapon up to gen 2.0 at least, which im sure wont result in my tearing my hair out and quitting forever when i get up to the sniper rifles

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm a noobie but I like the LStar a lot

I started using it just to get the easy levels but found myself having a pretty good time with it. I also get a childish glee in disentigrating grunts as they try to scatter from a drop pod.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just run and gun with the lstar. Hardly ever aim down sights and use it like an SMG, it's really fun

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

quite stretched out posted:

im just going to make myself get every weapon up to gen 2.0 at least, which im sure wont result in my tearing my hair out and quitting forever when i get up to the sniper rifles
Double Take and DMR should be really easy; just bring an A Wall and pop people. One shot kill and only five kills per level means you'll be done in a single night. Kraber though... uh, get good I guess?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I just don't see the appeal of PvP because it doesn't have giant robots. :shrug:

Conversely Last Titan Standing is not that fun despite being almost entirely giant robots because it is determined by which side brings more Tones.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I really want to like Ion but I just can't seem to quite get her to work effectively. Does anyone have any tips?

Conversely I normally hate playing sniper in games but Northstar has been really fun, especially if you're behind a Tone who is good with their shield.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Keep some distance, snipe, be mindful of your energy use when using the rifle. Be quick to use the shield especially against a tone

Laser blasting pilots is really fun (and not as hard as you'd imagine) :getin:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Insert name here posted:

Double Take and DMR should be really easy; just bring an A Wall and pop people. One shot kill and only five kills per level means you'll be done in a single night. Kraber though... uh, get good I guess?

the dmr is hilarious at the start of a crash site attrition match, especially if youre downhill i've found. just sit there plinking away at the 3 or 4 people who try and run down the slope towards your spawn

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

the dmr is hilarious at the start of a crash site attrition match, especially if youre downhill i've found. just sit there plinking away at the 3 or 4 people who try and run down the slope towards your spawn

It's me, I'm the guy stimming and leaping through the air firing the Softball before Mr Sensible here shoots me in the face.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I really wish I was good enough to not get killed by people camping the banks, even when I 100% know there's someone there waiting

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Geight posted:

It's me, I'm the guy stimming and leaping through the air firing the Softball before Mr Sensible here shoots me in the face.

That's also me, unless I am foolishly trying to use the G2. Why does it have to take 3 body shots with that gun to kill? And that's on top of being a very poor hip fire weapon.

I am also apparently the most obvious person in the world when stealthed, since I get SMG sniped while invisible from across the map.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Polaron posted:

I really want to like Ion but I just can't seem to quite get her to work effectively. Does anyone have any tips?

Conversely I normally hate playing sniper in games but Northstar has been really fun, especially if you're behind a Tone who is good with their shield.

Ion is my bestie.

The shoulder laser is Ion's best friend - it does huge damage if it strikes the cockpit of a Titan, vaporizes any Pilots, and it's accurate enough to snipe across half the map. Your basic gun is pretty much just there to fill the time between laser shots.

Only use the Split Laser on groups of trash mobs or a particularly squirrelly Pilot. It's suicide to use it against Titans or in protracted firefights.

Lay down the mines whenever possible as well, and I'd recommend getting the mod that prevents them from using up energy. It's good to have some territory control even if the other Titans are trying to get away from you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AndrewP posted:

I really wish I was good enough to not get killed by people camping the banks, even when I 100% know there's someone there waiting

Electric smoke. If it doesn't kill them it will make them scramble and unable to aim well.

also teamwork.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I've literally never been able to get a kill with an LMG, but the L-STAR is one that screws me over more than any other, because I'm hard coded to fire in like short 3-round bursts, which means with the L-STAR whenever I need to finish off a kill, I'm completely unable to fire my weapon.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Geight posted:

youre okay, im not actually great at hitting moving targets. its the people who try and peek out of cover to shoot at me with an smg from behind the big rock pillar that are the easy pickings

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

been looping through weapons levelling them up for credits and I just changed out of r201 for the spitfire again (a direct change i had previously made on like day 1). after coming from other weapons like the hemlok and devotion aim assist seems straight up bugged?

The Spitfire is definitely somehow more accurate then the r201 :confused:

This is on the ps4

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 28, 2016

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I just started playing on PC, joined LLJK as YO_BOY_MARVO. Let's "play ball" friends :)

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
You should get like 10% Titan meter every time someone shoots your holo pilot

Also the Cold War is fun as hell

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

AndrewP posted:

Tone's radar spike works

Or the pilot ability radar spike

Like the other guy said, electric smoke grenades help

If you have a rough idea of where the other guy might be, Arc grenades are a favorite of mine

bombing the area with a titan can work depending on what you use

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I would just like to say that crash site is The Worst Map.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

pakman posted:

Yeah. If you spawn at the bottom.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've been completely crippled by the pulse blade and cannot use any other ability. I've also gotten some ridiculous kills with it, and they're always too hilarious to consider giving it up

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Romes128 posted:

Yeah. If you spawn at the bottom.

unless your player base is different to the ones i get on PC in sydney australia, pick a sniper for the first spawn and rake in the free kills on people who try and run down the hill towards you

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pakman posted:

I offer as a counterpoint the facility map, and its tendency to drop your titan on the other side of the map.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So I got two target exclusive camo codes. Saw a handful on eBay for $2.50 a piece so I snatched them up. But how do I decide who gets them 🤔

who's the cutest

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 28, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

unless your player base is different to the ones i get on PC in sydney australia, pick a sniper for the first spawn and rake in the free kills on people who try and run down the hill towards you

True

I only really encounter snipers at homestead

But if you're at the top of the crash site you know everyone from the bottom will be coming through the tunnels. If you're at the bottom, the tunnels seem the only reasonable way to go, cause you barely have any cover going up the middle.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So I got two target exclusive camo codes. Saw a handful on eBay for $2.50 a piece so I snatched them up. But how do I decide who gets them 🤔

who's the cutest

I have an undercut and beard therefore I win.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Should we do a guess a number game or is that lame and would clog the thread

No offense but would like them to go to ps4 peeps :dings:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is ricochet good? I'm running the Double Take with faster ADS and bouncing bullets. Never seen the bullets bounce even though the description says they do...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Lay down the mines whenever possible as well, and I'd recommend getting the mod that prevents them from using up energy. It's good to have some territory control even if the other Titans are trying to get away from you.

The laser tripmines are trivially easy to avoid and either take up valuable energy or take up an even more valuable perk slot which you should be spending on Grand Cannon instead (or Entangled Energy, in a pinch).

The rest of the post is good advice, though - just peek with the laser shot 24/7 and never expose yourself to return fire and you'll be gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Should we do a guess a number game or is that lame and would clog the thread

No offense but would like them to go to ps4 peeps :dings:

Can't really clog a thread that moves so slowly anyway.

I'd say just do it randomly somehow with the player list in the op