Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Blaziken386 posted:

It'll be a Solgaleo.

Cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

That's perfectly fine. My main interest is to have this guy ready to breed when my dittos are released from the bank.

Send me a trade request when you're ready! I'm just doing some wonder trading right now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hyper training is some serious bullshit. Like, it would be annoyingly tedious if it only required the bottlecaps, and didn't need level 100. With the level requirement it's just stupid

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Why would you ever not use 10% zygarde doggo? he's the best doggo.

e:

Gamefreak reaaaaally should have given the player character more facial expressions.

I feel like I'm playing as some sort of overly cheerful battle crazed doll with only the vaguest idea of how human emotions work...which is actually pretty cool and hilarious, but still.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

Send me a trade request when you're ready! I'm just doing some wonder trading right now.

D-do you know how I can find you on here? The layout is kinda confusing. Is it link trade or GTS?

edit: oop! just found you!

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
I named my Minior DiNoSl4yEr and that makes me a mature adult and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

cheetah7071 posted:

Hyper training is some serious bullshit. Like, it would be annoyingly tedious if it only required the bottlecaps, and didn't need level 100. With the level requirement it's just stupid
The only people who really care about IVs are us 20-y/o spergs and gamefreak has decided to punish us for our sins

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

D-do you know how I can find you on here? The layout is kinda confusing. Is it link trade or GTS?

Link Trade! In the guest list, you'll see people at your Plaza currently and I should be on there (IGN is Athena) with a "Friend" title next to my name.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why would they not just have Type: Null use the plates to change its type like Arceus

Why did they have to dump a bunch of useless items into my inventory instead

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone pointed out Burn Up yet? It's a new fire-type move that's only available on Moltres and the Cyndaquil line (or Growlithe as an egg move), so I can see why nobody's brought it up yet, but apparently it's a powerful move like Overheat, but rather than dropping the user's stats, it removes their Fire typing. Unlike Roost, which trades out Flying for Normal, Burn Up doesn't replace the Pokemon's type, it just removes it. So, Moltres would become pure flying, while the other possible users become completely typeless. That's pretty cool, though not turning Normal-type means Arcanine can't get STAB Extremespeed after using it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

The only people who really care about IVs are us 20-y/o spergs and gamefreak has decided to punish us for our sins

I'm 34!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Blaziken386 posted:

If the battle spot is a sin I guess I'm going to hell

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is Inciniroar or Primarina viable in end game? I kind of want one of them to be my first breeding project since I like them so much.

By endgame I mean will Smogon spegs want them if I do it right?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

edit: oop! just found you!

FYI sometimes the request doesn't work, it can be pretty buggy.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would they not just have Type: Null use the plates to change its type like Arceus

You have to evolve it into Silvally, then it can use the drives.
They didn't want to use the plates themselves because :downs:
(seriously, they could've. They could've just said something like "Type:Null was a mostly-failed attempt to create an artificial version of arceus" or something along those lines, but no.)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is Inciniroar or Primarina viable in end game? I kind of want one of them to be my first breeding project since I like them so much.

I just want Primarina in a Dive ball, is that too much to ask, Gamefreak?

Note Block fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 28, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can vouch for Primarina being good in the battle tree/battle spot. Here's what I'm running:

Primarina@Life Orb
Modest nature
252 hp/252 SpA/4 Spe
Scald
Ice Beam
Moon Blast
Reflect

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ah I just got cut off from you...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Note Block posted:

I just want Primarina in a Dive ball, is that too much to ask, Gamefreak?

Yes. I really wish you could buy a ball transfer as an endgame thing.

cheetah7071 posted:

I can vouch for Primarina being good in the battle tree/battle spot. Here's what I'm running:

Primarina@Life Orb
Modest nature
252 hp/252 SpA/4 Spe
Scald
Ice Beam
Moon Blast
Reflect

Awesome! I'll start looking into what I need to do to breed one of those up. I did soft resets until I got a female Popplio so when I go to bed or school or whatever I'll make an egg each time. Maybe by the time I beat the game I'll have the right nature and a few good IVs. Not that I know how to check IVs yet, but I'll get to it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

Because the memories do not boost damage like the plates do. Making Silvally even worse than Arceus in comparison. :suicide:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

Ah I just got cut off from you...

FML I am so sorry Flopsy, my internet just went out, give me a minute. I'll go to the Starbucks across the street if this takes too long!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got some extra Abra with synchronize if anyone wants one.

2 Adamant
1 Modest
1 Bold
2 Impish
1 Careful

FC 2105-8771-2927

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 28, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Got some extra Abra with synchronize if anyone wants one.

2 Adamant
1 Modest
1 Bold
2 Impish
1 Careful

FC 2105-8771-2927

Modest please!!

2723-9256-0832

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Man, can I just say "gently caress Zygarde Cells"? I'm 5 short and I have no clue (or way to find out) which 5 they ar-

i poop fire posted:

I traded castforms for a couple of Zygarde-doggo forms and vaporized them to finish my Zygarde 100% form. I don't know why I didn't think that would work.

:catstare:

BRB GTSing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

FML I am so sorry Flopsy, my internet just went out, give me a minute. I'll go to the Starbucks across the street if this takes too long!

It's okay, I don't mind waiting. And sorry about your connection that truly does suck believe me I know.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Some Zygarde cells only appear during the day or during the night. Try a list.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I just got to route 4 and caught myself a Mudbray. Which sounds better, Kelekeka or Kekakele? haha, paging TWD.
I know it evolves into a clydesdale but it looks like a donkey now ok

Now to spend hours looking for a HA eevee :suicide:

ninja edit holy poo poo I just participated in a type matchup mission that ended up with a score over 900 :stare:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Strategy advice needed! Would it be more useful to have an Espeon focus on Reflect and Light Screen with Light Clay? Or would it be better to give it Work Up and Double Team to synergize with the Baton Pass it got as an Eevee?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The numberous E4 pokemon with sturdy are wrecking my dreams of leveling Nihilego easily

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

It's okay, I don't mind waiting. And sorry about your connection that truly does suck believe me I know.

I'm back on!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just found the post-game clothing store and simultaneously learned that

-You can remove your hat
-You can wear shades with pink lenses

Sun/Moon trainer is by far my favorite pokémon avatar. I only wish I'd discovered this look before sitting through all the cutscenes wearing a boring polo/cap combo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I'm back on!

Thank you! She's :perfect:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Nintendo I know you don't do Pokemon DLC but please sell me more clothing options I will pay you a lot of money (that does not exceed the amount of a fairly dece fast food lunch)

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Update: I don't think Abras call for help

If anybody's seen an Abra call for help, please let me know and I will get back to desperately throwing Adrenaline Orbs at them, but for now I think I'm done looking for HA Abras

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

Thank you! She's :perfect:

Aww, thank ROFL Octopus, couldn't have done it without them! But I did try to get you at least a couple perfect IVs so hopefully she works out for you when it's time to start the ditto breeding.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I tried going back and playing XY and it was clunkier than I remembered.

There is no doubt in my mind now, Pokémon Sun/Moon are the first modern Pokémon games and there's no going back now. Full character models, full 3D movement, no HMs, environments that aren't grid-based and trainers who actually look around in 3D. The interface is so much better in SuMo (both aesthetically and in user-friendliness) and while some people dislike it there's a proper story and cutscenes. SuMo is such a leap forward in almost every aspect and I love it so much :kimchi:

I also actually liked the story for once. All the characters interacted with each other, there was a lot of humor and the story (as anime as it was) wasn't just the same old "We're Team Bad Guy and we want to take over the world with this convenient Plot Pokémon who just happens to live right here on the cover art" which they seemed stuck in. I actually cared about the cover pokémon for once, and instead of being used to destroy/rule the world we actually used it to save the two main villains, which was pretty neat!

I love the oldschool Pokémon games (I grew up with them after all) but this is on a different scale and I'm actually excited about pokémon again :3:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I literally love Sun/Moon. PLEASE let the next one be named Eclipse and not Stars.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Gamefreak took out the ginger hair colour in SuMo for literally no loving reason when it was in X/Y like what the gently caress.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Gamefreak took out the ginger hair colour in SuMo for literally no loving reason when it was in X/Y like what the gently caress.

fashion is worse in general, where are my dresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
People really want Castform. Just traded two for a Pheromosa and a Celesteela.