Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'd pull on the Black Friday one just on principle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Definitely pull on the black friday banner, the chances of getting a new BSB and strengthening your options are very very good

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

FeralWraith posted:

At 48 mythril, having a hard time deciding what to do.

I would suggest saving your mythril. You already have a lot of options. Zell's burst is really awesome DPS and the animation is hilarious but you also have to weigh in what you would not mind getting on the banner. Saving for XIV is a smart thing but the banners after that are also good depending upon what series you like. Raines burst is also imminent after XIV.

vv: Definitely save your mythril. I don't do Cid's missions myself but my logic is that if your A-team is set and you're doing things and you have good native trinity stuff then just pull on what series you like, so long as it's not an embarrassingly bad banner. I would still skip the Black Friday banner though.

Garin fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 27, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Garin posted:

What do you have besides a bunch of shiny bursts and otherwise? What's your A-team's trinity status? Are you just pulling for shiny things these days or do you still need core stuff to beat dungeons?

Ah, right, guess that information would help. My A-Team these days is usually Agrias (Cleansing Strike) as Spellblade/Knight, Ramza (Shout, Tailwind) as Support, Tyro (Sentinel's Grimoire) as Freelancer (whatever role he needs to fill), Tidus (Abes All-Star)/Refia (Blazing Fists) when the target is water resistant as primary damage dealers, and Krile (Sheepsong)/Aerith (White Materia) for magic dps or primary healing, depending on the situation. My A-Team is well-kitted for most situations, I'm primarily focused on doing Cid Missions (except for Atlas's wanking hand in the last XIII event *grumble*).

Fake Edit - oh look, four replies already, I need to stop thinking and type faster sometimes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Do Onion gauntlets come back? I missed on my 2 pulls and don't feel a third is warranted because I'll get more dupe shields.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
The next FF3 event has all the onion stuff on the same banner, yes.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I don't know how you can leave a guaranteed burst on the table, I mean you can still pull duds on those FF8 banners.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

FeralWraith posted:

Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one tempted.

It's tough, isn't it!

I don't even really need to be frugal because I'll have over 300 Mythril by the time the Thanksgiving bonuses are all wrapped up but pulling on this banner for the Gauntlets is just so likely to burn me. For me it all comes back to one thing: loving SG. If I hadn't spent 500 Mythril and counting on trying and failing to get that stupid loving thing, not pulling on this banner anymore would be cake. I could just RM Vessel of Fate for a few months, no big. As it is, though, I'm still trying to ward off that little voice that's telling me it wouldn't be so bad to whiff on the Gauntlets, the Arc +Holy robe would be useful for Metamorphosis RW teams (or Meta meta) because it won't go down without a fight. All because I can't do VoF + SG.

djfooboo posted:

Do Onion gauntlets come back? I missed on my 2 pulls and don't feel a third is warranted because I'll get more dupe shields.

Of course they do, they're a massive draw. They're on the second banner of the next III event for sure, they're very likely going to be somewhere on a banner for the second anniversary celebration and it's not impossible they'll be slotted somewhere in the upcoming OSBFest, though my money is on them not showing up there, just a hunch I have.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah a guaranteed burst to me is nothing to scoff at. Those things are not easy to pull. I hadn't pulled one on a non-lucky draw banner since the burst fest back in june. And it took me 200 mythril on OK banner 1 to force one out. Being very likely to get 2-3 on one pull I just couldn't pass up.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Dumped literally the last of my mythril stockpiles on the Lucky Draw.

1st Fusion Sword (Cloud, outdated but still good 7 synergy and nice for CMs), Flame Staff (Vivi, dupe, fused it with the original), Rikku's Dagger (Rikku, overshadowed by Vaan BSB), The Ogre (Zidane, overshadowed by Vaan BSB), and the Zeus Mace (Penelo, somehow my first faithga and first WM BSB)

Not complaining at all. Not one bit. :stare:

Now, should I keep using Y'sholta as my WM for Wall, or replace someone else on my team with Tyro and replace Y'sholta with Rosa (Wrath spammed Curaga strength AOE heal + MBlink), Arc (instant cast Curaga strength AOE heal + Blink), or Penelo (Cura strength AOE heal + 15% MAG/MND buff to the party + Burst Mode commands)?

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah a guaranteed burst to me is nothing to scoff at. Those things are not easy to pull. I hadn't pulled one on a non-lucky draw banner since the burst fest back in june. And it took me 200 mythril on OK banner 1 to force one out. Being very likely to get 2-3 on one pull I just couldn't pass up.

My advice to skip the Black Friday banner was directed to the specific user who already listed many high value bursts that they owned. There really would not have been many options opened save for 'I guess I'll egg this guy and try it' ones.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I don't know, he said he has 6 and there are 39 bursts on that banner, most of them useful. You can still pull Galbadian Elite Armor on the FF8 banner. I'd definitely pull.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Garin posted:

My advice to skip the Black Friday banner was directed to the specific user who already listed many high value bursts that they owned. There really would not have been many options opened save for 'I guess I'll egg this guy and try it' ones.

With 6 BSBs the odds of a repeat are not high, especially since IIRC 2-3 rainbows are more likely than just one. The chance of duds or repeats is always there, but having only BSBs in the pool is insane. It's also a great chance to potentially get those BSBs that get stuck on otherwise bad banners.

Again a bad pull could happen, but that's true on literally any banner.

Though, if you really really want Quistis' BSB to the point that you'd rather take like a 11% or what have you chance of getting it than a guaranteed one for a BSB, then it's understandable and go ahead and do that. But from a "roster improvement" standpoint I don't think you can argue against the BF draw.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 28, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Unless you have literally half of the bursts on the banner I would still pull.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I have a Lust Dagger and Onion Gauntlets, but after that all RS gear are the special 4* items like Gaia Gear or some reforged 3* items. Banner 2 has some very nice items, but if I can manage to complete the CM U+ now, am I best off waiting until the next III event to pull for more relics and tackle the Ahriman CM?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would be shocked if Onion Gauntlets aren't on the global OSB festival banners somewhere. There's going to be four more events between now and the start of the festival, more than enough time for people to be itching for another chance to pull them (especially after using Vessel of Fate as an RW or seeing it in multiplayer). DeNA has an interest in getting people to spend as much mythril and gems as possible during these quarterly events, and they definitely don't want people skipping the festival banners entirely in favor of the XIV event, so they're going to stock it with as many enticing relics as possible. It'll be there, I'm nearly certain of it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Beat the Ahriman CM with 3x Eternal Wind blitz (1 native, 2 RM). He stayed mostly interrupted and died pretty quick!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Survived opening salvos in the FFIV Ult+ and Ult++ and beat them both. Kain rules and Dusk Decree is awesome to use as a RW. The Ult+ fight was actually a lot harder and I think the difficulties could have been switched. Did have to S/L a bit on both but not nearly as much with the Ult++. I lost count around 50. Teah Flan Master and friends I love eating 5000+ HP damage before I get a single turn.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Welp. I was going to say that goons convinced me to pull on the BSB Lucky Draw banner. Unfortunately, it runs out in ~45 minutes and I'm still two mythril shy with no story dungeons left to run. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't quite know.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

FeralWraith posted:

Welp. I was going to say that goons convinced me to pull on the BSB Lucky Draw banner. Unfortunately, it runs out in ~45 minutes and I'm still two mythril shy with no story dungeons left to run. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't quite know.

That's like, two dollars if it's worth it?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, you can do mixed mythril+gems pulls if you don't have enough mythril. It's up to you to decide whether that's a line you want to cross or whether it's worth it, of course.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Nihilarian posted:

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

the Orb of Zot posted:

Dumped literally the last of my mythril stockpiles on the Lucky Draw.

1st Fusion Sword (Cloud, outdated but still good 7 synergy and nice for CMs), Flame Staff (Vivi, dupe, fused it with the original), Rikku's Dagger (Rikku, overshadowed by Vaan BSB), The Ogre (Zidane, overshadowed by Vaan BSB), and the Zeus Mace (Penelo, somehow my first faithga and first WM BSB)

Not complaining at all. Not one bit. :stare:

Now, should I keep using Y'sholta as my WM for Wall, or replace someone else on my team with Tyro and replace Y'sholta with Rosa (Wrath spammed Curaga strength AOE heal + MBlink), Arc (instant cast Curaga strength AOE heal + Blink), or Penelo (Cura strength AOE heal + 15% MAG/MND buff to the party + Burst Mode commands)?

I'd replace Y'shtola with Penelo. So far I've found with a white mage burst with an aoe command (Aeris's White Materia for me), I don't need to take wall to even ultimate++ fights anymore. With good usage of breakdowns and resistance accessories if it's an elemental based fight, you can most likely just spam heal through almost anything. This may change in the future, but you could always RW wall instead of trying to stick Tyro into your party just for that.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

That event website says the Rematch Dungeon event drops tomorrow, but if that was true wouldn't they have announced it already? Or do you get announcements the day of? I honestly can't remember.

I'm guessing if we get it, it's just going to be a copy of the JP event, since they would have had to have people vote already, right? Hope they change the banner for it a bit at least, it sounds like JPs was half price and even then it sucked pretty hard.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That event website says the Rematch Dungeon event drops tomorrow, but if that was true wouldn't they have announced it already? Or do you get announcements the day of? I honestly can't remember.

I'm guessing if we get it, it's just going to be a copy of the JP event, since they would have had to have people vote already, right? Hope they change the banner for it a bit at least, it sounds like JPs was half price and even then it sucked pretty hard.

Revenge is indeed tomorrow night. Tonight is Multiplayer Phase 2. The 30th is Oversquall event.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zurai posted:

Yeah, you can do mixed mythril+gems pulls if you don't have enough mythril. It's up to you to decide whether that's a line you want to cross or whether it's worth it, of course.

Forgot that was an option, thanks for the reminder.

Goons, your peer pressure nets Rhomphaia for Fang (fairly certain I have all of her relics now), and Masamune-Shinuchi for Sephiroth. It certainly could've been worse. *is happy*

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How are y'all beating Ahriman? I can usually keep him blinded and poisoned but even with wall and shell, his constant AoE spams kill me.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

By kicking his poo poo in with RW shout and having Arc's magic blink.

PS Seph's BSB is actually improving with age like a fine wine, as power creep makes bosses have more and more DEF, having a DEF-ignoring command so you can layer buffs and hit for 19998 a turn is really nice.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

PSA: The Multiplayer phase 2 battles actually have rewards worth your time.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Three days of stamina spent, one Onion Mote dropped. I hate RNG.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Koobes posted:

PSA: The Multiplayer phase 2 battles actually have rewards worth your time.

Is there a goon organized thing for this (if that's even possible)?

I did one just a bit ago and it was pretty fun but easy (the low level one) and once I have some stamina again I'm going to do the others. Just didn't know if there was a discord or some other way that people can organize and take these things down or if its just random.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Am I the only one who has absolutely no desire to do the rematch dungeons?

Ultimate Cagnazzo in particular is a boss that I just am not willing to deal with again. I felt the same way about Rubicante when he came up again in the most recent Nightmare dungeons. Random, instant phase changes that require you to immediately alter your strategy just don't work in a game with ATB gauges and lagtime between inputting attacks and the attacks activating. I don't know how many times I've input an ice attack against Rubicante just to have him throw the cloak up before it activates, causing him to be healed, and then I have to sit there waiting for Shout, SG, and Breakdowns to wear off until he decides to lower the cloak. Both of those bosses should have even the smallest visual trigger that says "The Cloak is coming up/He's about to gather water in a few seconds, so don't waste your attacks."

I guess my complaint boils down to, "I finally have a System in place. Don't make me change it. :colbert: "

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

Am I the only one who has absolutely no desire to do the rematch dungeons?

Ultimate Cagnazzo in particular is a boss that I just am not willing to deal with again. I felt the same way about Rubicante when he came up again in the most recent Nightmare dungeons. Random, instant phase changes that require you to immediately alter your strategy just don't work in a game with ATB gauges and lagtime between inputting attacks and the attacks activating. I don't know how many times I've input an ice attack against Rubicante just to have him throw the cloak up before it activates, causing him to be healed, and then I have to sit there waiting for Shout, SG, and Breakdowns to wear off until he decides to lower the cloak. Both of those bosses should have even the smallest visual trigger that says "The Cloak is coming up/He's about to gather water in a few seconds, so don't waste your attacks."

I guess my complaint boils down to, "I finally have a System in place. Don't make me change it. :colbert: "

I just wish we had gotten a chance to vote on our own dungeons. That could have been fun to do. Instead of just getting the same ones JP chose.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I have like no interest in doing those, I feel like they're enough of a slog the first time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Seriously guys, use mage teams for the D160 Dark Dragon. Not that you can't do it with physical, but considering that Sleep's a medal condition anyway...

Cleared it with my Vivi/Penelo team with a bunch of people that were actually also using mage teams.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I strongly urge people to do the revenge dungeons. With the exception of Caius's bullshit opener still being pretty lethal if it wants to be, you'll be amazed at how much easier they are.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Seems like the Lucky Draw for the Rematch doesn't seem worth the 25 mythril unless you're newish to the game.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I remember in JP when the revenge dungeons came that I somehow completely forgot about cagnazzo's poo poo and went into the fight with 1 swift bolt for medals and no runic/reflect to deal with his other poo poo... And crushed him. gently caress playing by his rules this time. Just smash his stupid face in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Dark Dragon 160 is pretty :gibs:

• Locked thread