Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Sheep-Goats posted:

I think rocket is some kinda special mountain arugula but I've never had actual rocket so idk

rocket is the euro name for arugula
like a zucchini is a courgette
and an eggplant an aubergine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

theres a will theres moe posted:

Well look at this Francocentric shill.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Oh wait you're right I was thinking of ramps

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

pahuyuth posted:

yeah that salad is pro as heck. 'dines, 'maters, cukes, arugula, 'cado, ????

Yup, with a glug of extra virgin on top and some black pepper. I don't really like dressing it with the fish oil because it makes the whole salad too fishy. Fresh and filling as gently caress because of all the (healthy) fats, it's an awesome lunch.

E: I actually put a few crumbles of really zingy cheddar on top of it too, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 28, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bardeh posted:

E: I actually put a few crumbles of really zingy cheddar on top of it too, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

https://creamery.wsu.edu/cougar-cheese/flavors/ I loving love the Cougar Gold, it's $22 for a huge 30 oz can of this firm cheddar that goes great on everything and only gets better with age. Gonna ask my sister to bring me a can for christmas (she's at WSU)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

feta is always good

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Snoo posted:

feta is always good

Yeah I wanted something a bit zingy as a counterpoint to all of the soft oily fish and 'cados, but I think cheese was the wrong choice. I think next time maybe some red onion and a vinaigrette dressing might do the trick. I'll wait for my new 'cados to get ripe and report back.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've never used sardines (or avocados for that matter) in a salad but I enjoy a vinegar-y anchovy dressing with red onions and whatever. drat I want some salads gently caress me

life hack: grocery store salad bars are often cheaper per pound for just the greens like lettuce, spinach... those fancy purple leaves... etc., than the bagged stuff.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

My cat went missing 2 days ago. Frantically, we searched everywhere but couldn't find him.

So I bought a humane animal trap, and baited it...with 'dines.

Woke up this morning, and there he was, stuck in the trap, scarfing down a can of sardines. They were Safeway brand in olive oil, so those are definitely cat approved.

Thank you, sardines.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Don't give your cat 'dines in oil. It will make them sick all over the house. You need to buy 'dines in water if you want to share them.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Speleothing posted:

Don't give your cat 'dines in oil. It will make them sick all over the house. You need to buy 'dines in water if you want to share them.

He'll be able to locate his cat by following the trail of runny shits

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Speleothing posted:

I drained the oil and used it as a scent path into the trap. So he just ate the 'dines themselves.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Pet Island is that way --------------------->

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I drained the oil and used it as a scent path into the trap. So he just ate the 'dines themselves.

May you and that cat live happily every after

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nominations for 2016 Dadliest Handfruit are in and I have early access to how the academy is voting. I just want to let you guys know that Gritty Small Yard Pear is almost neck in neck with Navel Orange With Half Inch Thick Skin. Gonna be a close one!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Welcum to:: Goons with Spoons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dVAAc1ad5U

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Managed to get in on one of the flash giveaways on the KO Facebook page and should be getting a couple free tins delivered soon. Thanks to whoever it was that suggested liking their page - they are awesome.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i ate a sardine last

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

you dad

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Managed to get in on one of the flash giveaways on the KO Facebook page and should be getting a couple free tins delivered soon. Thanks to whoever it was that suggested liking their page - they are awesome.

Just got my small box of happiness at the front door. Two cans of skinless & boneless, free dines for the win! :fork:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nominations for 2016 Dadliest Handfruit are in and I have early access to how the academy is voting. I just want to let you guys know that Gritty Small Yard Pear is almost neck in neck with Navel Orange With Half Inch Thick Skin. Gonna be a close one!

The hell is a yard pear
I lust for anjous

I nominate: ... PEACH

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The important thing about eating an apple or banana as a dad is to completely ignore any bruises or brown spots, just eat the drat thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pham Nuwen posted:

The important thing about eating an apple or banana as a dad is to completely ignore any bruises or brown spots, just eat the drat thing.
Always complain if it's too mealy but eat it anyways with a slight sense of contempt in your face.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sheep-Goats posted:

Kumquat. It's got a great name, it's easy to pick up a few and pop them into your mouth, they're delicious, and they are definitely handfruit.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The hell is a yard pear
I lust for anjous

I nominate: ... PEACH

Pear of the yard obv

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Kumquat. It's got a great name, it's easy to pick up a few and pop them into your mouth, they're delicious, and they are definitely handfruit.

More like a scumsquat

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
We all know watermelon is the dadliest fruit ok, but writing in "small watermelon" to try to get it in in the handfruit category isn't going to fly. It's already in the "foods larger than your head" category where it belongs.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
lychees are hardcore dadfruit

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I'm Crap posted:

lychees are hardcore dadfruit

Too scary for non Asian dads

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's absolutely the yard pear

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
It's the crabapple you rubes.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I taught my dad what a persimmon was now he buys them by the box like a Chinaman

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

The Snoo posted:

it's absolutely the yard pear

By this you mean hard woody pear that comes off the unpruned tree in your yard, but you eat because you are a dad and they are free pears? Yes, dadliest fruit

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sheep-Goats posted:

I taught my dad what a persimmon was now he buys them by the box like a Chinaman

persimmons are incredible

You can bake with them, cook them down into syrup or pate, eat them out of hand... they're versatile, and delicious.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

persimmons are incredible

You can bake with them, cook them down into syrup or pate, eat them out of hand... they're versatile, and delicious.

I tried some for the first time recently and thought it was bland as hell. What's the secret?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I tried some for the first time recently and thought it was bland as hell. What's the secret?

Buy better persimmons. Also, let them get more ripe - you want the squish to be like a tomato or peach.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i ate a raw carrot today

withak
Jan 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Depends on how sour the orange is.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just ate a chorizo / squid / tomato stew ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i ate a raw carrot today

Did you pull it out of the dirt yourself?