Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I read an article once claiming that DIY guns and miniguns are technically legal in the US too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

http://isilmarille.deviantart.com/

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

VendaGoat posted:

Flamethrowers, still legal in every state.

Edit: oh wait. Not legal in California. :argh:

Hey, they tried to fix that: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr4009/text

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The MSJ posted:

I read an article once claiming that DIY guns and miniguns are technically legal in the US too.

Iirc isnt there are a few gatling guns grandfathered in as collector's pieces or something due to an old law, but not brand-new ones?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Iirc isnt there are a few gatling guns grandfathered in as collector's pieces or something due to an old law, but not brand-new ones?

I'm pretty sure the only part that's restricted is the receiver, which is the part that actually holds the bullet and has the firing pin. As long as each receiver is registered, you avoid barrel length and "assault weapon" restrictions (no pistol grips on your gatlings!!!), and each receiver only fires once each trigger actuation you should be fine.

I know that five years ago you could still buy conversion kits to make .22 caliber Gatling guns, and I bet they're still around.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Neddy Seagoon posted:

regular-rear end idiots can't own machine guns made before 1986. the ones that are available for sale, especially miniguns, cost a loving fortune

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Gatling guns are perfectly legal as long as they are crank operated. What constitutes a machine gun per the ATF is if more than one round is fired with each pull of a trigger. A crank is just a bunch of ratchets that each count as a single trigger pull, so it is not a machine gun. Your rate of fire is dependent on how fast you can turn that crank.

Once you motorize it, it becomes a minigun, and illegal. I actually think all electronic triggers are banned because of their capability to potentially fire more than one round with reprogramming.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
If it's motorized, it's a machine gun, and yeah, they're ridiculously expensive.

Hand-cranked? Knock yourself out (still expensive).

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/599228981

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Or you can get two Ruger 10/22's and a kit and end up with this thing which is probably a lot of fun but also hideous.

As you can see from the other pictures, it's crank operated. So it's basically pulling the two triggers of the two guns really loving fast when you crank it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/602241838

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The cosplay thread: Knows its poo poo about firearms and...

Enjoys a loving Coca-cola.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

This is amazing. The Flamethrowers? Really? Act.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

VendaGoat posted:

The cosplay thread: Knows its poo poo about firearms and...

Enjoys a loving Coca-cola.

Coke Zero isn't loving Coca-Cola. It's venomous sludge cosplaying as Coca-Cola.

E:

quote:

We have a summary of this bill which will help you make sense of what you see below.

No, you really don't.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

SpartanIV posted:

Or you can get two Ruger 10/22's and a kit and end up with this thing which is probably a lot of fun but also hideous.

As you can see from the other pictures, it's crank operated. So it's basically pulling the two triggers of the two guns really loving fast when you crank it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/602241838

Actually, that vaguely resembles a dick and balls, so it is probably the closest we will come to creating the platonic ideal of a gun.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Warhams .... big?

I love the little kid with the sword sizing up the Necron in the third photo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

...I can take him!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Nov 28, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like how Robotnik looks embarrassed to be there.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

I'm embarrassed to be here

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

That kid is cosplaying as Frodo Baggings. That's Sting in his hand. :)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Warhams .... big?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiUfnIzbVM

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Warhams still big

Here's some Warhammer LARPers with big big things

I don't know if these LARPers are Warhammer LARPers but their poo poo's pretty big anyway

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

The MSJ posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TenementFunster posted:

regular-rear end idiots can't own machine guns made before 1986. the ones that are available for sale, especially miniguns, cost a loving fortune

A little bit late on gunchat, but this is a really good article that neatly sums up our weird automatic weapons laws: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/21/machine-guns-legal-practical-guide-full-auto/

TLDR is that fully automatic guns made/imported before 1986 can be owned with some smallish amount of hassle/paperwork/taxes by the average person. Fully automatic guns made/imported after 1986 are not available for the average person, but still available to dealers. So while there about 200k full auto weapons kicking around in the US that the average person could feasibly buy, the artificially small market means the costs for the guns themselves are hilariously high. From the article:

This quarter ounce piece of steel is worth, literally, $27,000 because it is registered legally and makes a gun go bang real fast.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Since we are talking Hammy Hams. A reminder that someone made a real life Rhino APC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI

Ham Hammy Ham Ham Hammy Ham Ham Ham!

:vomarine:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

I like how Robotnik looks embarrassed to be there.

Girl with the biggest chest gets to play Rouge.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

code:
DIRECTIVES

1) SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2) PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3) EAT ALL THE PIES

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

VendaGoat posted:

Since we are talking Hammy Hams. A reminder that someone made a real life Rhino APC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI

Ham Hammy Ham Ham Hammy Ham Ham Ham!

:vomarine:

IIRC that was either made for or at least used for marketing for Dawn of War 2.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

IIRC that was either made for or at least used for marketing for Dawn of War 2.

Pure curiosity, no wrong answer.

What is your opinion on it being created for such?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MY STAND [PLEASE KILL ME NOW QUEEN]

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Say Nothing posted:

Girl with the biggest chest gets to play Rouge.

Nice dickfeet

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Your move, crepe.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Garsh!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I feel all the pictures in the last two (non-Warhammer) dumps by Snowglobe of Doom are just missing a Brazzers logo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

VendaGoat posted:

Pure curiosity, no wrong answer.

What is your opinion on it being created for such?

It's cool and I was just providing some half-remembered context

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Warhams still big

yee

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Never see the culexis. Neato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer