Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Octopus came home with me today. She's all black and has vampire fangs. :3: She'll be staying with us until the 7th, as that's when the free adoptions event for the holidays starts, and we have the option of fostering her again for Christmas if she doesn't get adopted at that time.

Hopefully she'll warm up to us before then so I can get a picture of her that's not two glowing eyes staring out from under the bed. She's pretty skittish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Chili posted:

Oh my god. I'm not the only crazy person who bastardizes songs and sings them to their cat.

I mean it when I say... I thought I was the only one.

I love you all.

wife and I do, to the tune of Black Betty

Whoa-oh cute kitty bam ba lam
yeah such a cute kitty bam ba lam
gonna clean her litty, bam ba lam
cuz it's full of lovely, bam ba lam

usually just repeating the first two lines as we give her cheek scritches.

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
Cat songs:

Boomer Has It (our version of Adele's Rumor Has It)
Cats! AAAH! (Flash Gordon theme)
All the Kitty Babies (All the Single Ladies)

and various others I'm sure have happened.

We also make up dialogue for them daily.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Pander posted:

Whoa-oh cute kitty bam ba lam
yeah such a cute kitty bam ba lam
gonna clean her litty, bam ba lam
cuz it's full of lovely, bam ba lam

Well this cat-singing jukebox just got a new tune

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

It's almost time for our fosters to find their homes. I'm gonna miss them, though I'm sure our cat Gonzo won't. He just hisses at them anytime they get too close. It's been hard to get pictures lately because whenever they're out of the laundry room, they all have the zoomies, but here's a rare "all zoomed out" pic.

Luna, Joey, Thor, and Princess

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Cat butts really do make very nice pillows. I use Norris's butt for a pillow whenever he permits.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Hello fellow animal goobers, I found this company while I was trolling the internet for christmas gifts and thought y'all might be interested:

Rescue Chocolate https://www.rescuechocolate.com/collections/all

They make all kinds of really tasty-looking chocolates with names like "Peanut Butter Pitbull" and "Calico Coconut Rum" but I think my favorite is "Bananas Foster Dogs," which is what made me think of all of you lovely folks :3:

Also, I'm thinking of building an outdoor cat shelter, but I rent an apartment and I have no idea where I'd put one, let alone if my landlady would allow it. I would want to try and capture any little dudes that utilize it as I'm confident in our local refuge league finding good homes for them. Has anyone had experience trying to convince a landlord to do something like this? I have little to no interaction with her unless something breaks, but we're very good tenants and have lived here for like 8 years. Should I just do it and see what happens? I live in Maine so winters here are super brutal.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

A surprising number of songs can become about birds. Just saying.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Look who's coming out from her hidey hole! It's an Octopus!

Turns out she finds the laser pointer irresistible.

She's also super, super interested in getting to know our cat Persephone, and when I open the door to let the two of them see each other she will get right up in Persephone's grill to sniff her face and try to rub heads. Unfortunately this is a little too personal too soon for Persephone who freaks out every time (but still comes back for more because she's also fascinated by other cats, she just doesn't like strangers she hasn't even sniffed getting in her personal space). They'll get more time for slow introductions over the next two weeks, so I can give the SPCA a report on how well Octopus does with other cats- something they haven't really been able to assess her on yet.

Marchegiana fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 24, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Unfortunately, neither of those pics are showing up for me. Tinypic has been pretty bad on that front.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Sorry bout that, fixed it. Imgur had been crapping out on me before but seems to be working now.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Hooray for Octopus!

She's a lovely little girl.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Octopus is a great catte name

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Late to the catsong party, but here's my contribution, sung to the tune of "Got No Strings" from Pinocchio:

I have a cat, upon my lap
It wants to sit, and take a nap
I cannot move, for I am trapped
By one napping lap cat

The best part is that it can be easily modified to fit any plurality of cats.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Some drat good catsonging in here. :golfclap:

e. Oh yeah... Also "Petting the Cat" to the tune of Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law," of course. Pettin' the cat, pettin' the cat...

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I sing "stinky kitten" to the tune of camp Grenada.

Stinky kitten (dah dah dah)
Tiny kitten (dah dah dah)
Tiny stinky (dah dah dah)
She's so stinky (dah dah dah)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mistaya posted:

David Attenborough: "The male seahorse Butterscotch is known to carry up to 1500 eggs in the pouch on his belly. After a month, the young are born, live, and will being meowing for treats, much like their father, within an hour of taking their first steps."

Here's our winner. That would be two for Mistaya!

Got a good one for this week:

I'll show ya'll the picture of what was holding his attention so vividly--he stayed like this for a good ten minutes--next Sunday.

Have at it!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Not even going to guess, Chili you have my eternal and undying respect for having an Out of The Darkness shirt

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

Not even going to guess, Chili you have my eternal and undying respect for having an Out of The Darkness shirt

I worked at a mental health hospital for adolescents last year. Sadly, we lost one of our patients that way. All of the therapists and I signed up for the walk and we raised a lot of money in her memory. I raised enough to score myself a long-sleeve T as well, it's pretty boss.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

porkswordonboard posted:

Hello fellow animal goobers, I found this company while I was trolling the internet for christmas gifts and thought y'all might be interested:

Rescue Chocolate https://www.rescuechocolate.com/collections/all

This is a good link and people should do this.

Looks like they may be dead. I sent an e-mail to them and it bounced.

Chili fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 28, 2016

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

What is that human doing to his rear?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

"But why couldn't the Eagles just fly them directly to Mordor?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Was I really that fat? :ohdear:"

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Chili posted:

I'll show ya'll the picture of what was holding his attention so vividly--he stayed like this for a good ten minutes--next Sunday.

Have at it!

"My name is Buttersmandias, Cat of
Cats;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and
I Despair!"

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

"Of course he eated the cookie. What else would he have done with it?"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

"So... Rosebud is the sled? Greatest movie of all time, my butt."

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Why are we watching a movie with subtitles? You know I can't read.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chili posted:

Have at it!

"Nope. Still haven't found any good posts in GBS yet."

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

"Okay now pay close attention to the logo in this scene, it's pretty clearly the 30 years ago version..."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

"Ce-centipedes? :ohdear:"

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Rexxed posted:

What is that human doing to his rear?

:eyepop:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Chili posted:

Have at it!

"I'm not sure this 'Garfield' character is a very realistic portrayal of the problem of feline obesity."

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

It's hilarious what they do to that little blonde kid. What's his name again? Butters?

Wait a minute...that's me!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Flying... toasters????"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Anoia posted:

"So... Rosebud is the sled? Greatest movie of all time, my butt."

"Naaaaants ingonyama bagithi Baba" :mufasa:

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

"Oh? Yeah I'd love to go outside. But I'm absolutely going to be buried this week trying to get these TPS reports done. Maybe next week."

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.

"The horror . . . the horror."

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

What is love? Chili don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Logicblade posted:

What is love? Chili don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more?

Caddaway?