Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Anroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

it comes out on tuesday

oh poo poo conan o brien had a clueless gamer section on it so i thought it was out. my bad :)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just watched Conan play 15 and it looks really dumb

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I just watched Conan play 15 and it looks really dumb

how is that bad??

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

eh its a comedy segment so they made him play parts that would cause him to make funny comments, like pushing your car down a desert road or hiking through the desert wearing all leather.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some people get way mad when Conan jokes about their game

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
don't make fun of my video games!!!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crushed the confectioner boss before he even called for reinforcements, I grounded my red mage job until she got the skill that gives her free casts when her hp is below 20% so now I want to make her a ghost all the time lol

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

frank.club posted:

Dude you made that whole thread complaining about how a Japanese company produced an entertainment product from a Japanese staff that was meant to sell to a Japanese audience was ruining their games by including anime-like plot details.

I think you're reading too much into what I'm writing because I've never explicitly condemned anime. (In fact, Final Fantasy has always been anime.) So much as bemoaned the lack of focus on characters and story in preference for graphics. :shrug: The thread does tend to get wordy and pretentious though, I'm definitely not helping.

frank.club posted:

I didn't get mad reading some posts but then a guy called Final Fantasy bad by calling Evangalion bad

Um, I think they called Xenogears bad by calling Evangelion bad. Not Final Fantasy.
:goonsay:

Coolguye posted:

most of the posts in that thread are novels and i can't bear to read that level of irritating pretentiousness, it's purestrain Games in its worst form

i even tried to be earnest about how awful it was, going all if you want to criticize this poo poo you might want to write your own poo poo to get a real understanding of how these things are made and qualify yourself and your own tastes, then linked the greatest movie director of the 20th century saying the same thing as support

everyone ignored me to whine about how insert game here was the worst game in the series some more lol

That's not the message or criticism I got from your post in that thread at all. To me it came off less as "Educate yourself about this" and more "If you don't like it do better/Stop bitching and put your money where your mouth is." Which is why I didn't respond to it because while writing/making games ourselves could/would lead to the creation of a bunch of new, FF-inspired, games of indeterminate quality (which is good) it doesn't address what happened to Final Fantasy. And my awful piece of poo poo thread is about discussing what happened to Final Fantasy.

Anyway, I'm not here to defend my lovely awful thread which is awful and poo poo. I'm here to talk about Final Fantasy and have the worst opinions.

In Training posted:

I like the Opera scene as well

I share this opinion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Crushed the confectioner boss before he even called for reinforcements, I grounded my red mage job until she got the skill that gives her free casts when her hp is below 20% so now I want to make her a ghost all the time lol

You can later

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Sagely] Final Fantasy and Evangelion and FLCL and Bravely Default and Xenogears FTW

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

PC cucks: there is a sale on final fantasy games https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

Also Life is Strange for $5 and DQ Heroes for $18. I'm going to play Lightning Returns

I have heard the PC ports are really phoned in and not good though?

Life is Strange was interesting though.

rediscover posted:

good looks bro. copping x/x-2 because x-2 is the only FF ive never played and ive only heard great things about it

X-2 is mostly just silly fun and it remains a guilty pleasure of mine to this day.

I've been replaying through FF7 because of my poop thread and actively trying to give it a chance (because I've never liked it.) So far I haven't really been enjoying it but Tifa is a better character than I originally thought. It's the little things I guess.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

You can later

Sweet

Black Baby Goku posted:

[Sagely] Final Fantasy and Evangelion and FLCL and Bravely Default and Xenogears FTW

Yeah all of those things are major win

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently the PC port of Lightning Returns was rough at first but they patched it up a bit and it seems mostly fine to me. Only issue I have are Xbox button display (I use a ds4) and some slowdown in towns where it seems to put my gpu to 50% clock speed. Otherwise, it works fine with 4K resolution and 60fps and other pc cuck essebtials

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Apparently the PC port of Lightning Returns was rough at first but they patched it up a bit and it seems mostly fine to me. Only issue I have are Xbox button display (I use a ds4) and some slowdown in towns where it seems to put my gpu to 50% clock speed. Otherwise, it works fine with 4K resolution and 60fps and other pc cuck essebtials

Surely there's a patch to replace the button indicators?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Love to get the football forum off topic with FFT discussion

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tfw it's just one more year until FLCL S2, bravely third is probably in development, and E.44 might eventually come out,.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

tfw it's just one more year until FLCL S2, bravely third is probably in development, and E.44 might eventually come out,.

:holyfuck:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I really like World of Final Fantasy can I post about it in this thread

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Foxhound posted:

Yes, but first let me paste this post.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Pre-ordered this loving game for Xbox because it apparently has a really decent HDR mode and I want to see what HDR looks like on my TV, it was $11 off on amazon prime with release day shipping, and I am a loving sucker for Final Fantasy games even in my advanced age of the early 30s.

Is this one of those games that is another lovely "coming of age" story centered around a bunch of teenagers so cringe worthy that I'll need to shroud the TV with a blanket while playing to prevent the girlfriend and other people over at the house saying poo poo like: "Dude wtf? You a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi? Why are you playing this poo poo?". Or is the story somewhat salvageable consisting of a slightly more mature cast this time around?

Apparently the characters are at least old enough to drive a loving car this time around so I really hope there are some slightly less childish drama elements in it that will prevent me from getting placed on a sexual predator watch list. Also, apparently the latter part of the game takes places 10-15 years after the first part too. Is that true?

SE should really consider targeting an older audience for their next Final Fantasy games having an older cast dealing with real problems instead of "How to cope with your first Jack Kerouac adventure across the country".

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Pre-ordered this loving game for Xbox because it apparently has a really decent HDR mode and I want to see what HDR looks like on my TV, it was $11 off on amazon prime with release day shipping, and I am a loving sucker for Final Fantasy games even in my advanced age of the early 30s.

Is this one of those games that is another lovely "coming of age" story centered around a bunch of teenagers so cringe worthy that I'll need to shroud the TV with a blanket while playing to prevent the girlfriend and other people over at the house saying poo poo like: "Dude wtf? You a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi? Why are you playing this poo poo?". Or is the story somewhat salvageable consisting of a slightly more mature cast this time around?

Apparently the characters are at least old enough to drive a loving car this time around so I really hope there are some slightly less childish drama elements in it that will prevent me from getting placed on a sexual predator watch list. Also, apparently the latter part of the game takes places 10-15 years after the first part too. Is that true?

SE should really consider targeting an older audience for their next Final Fantasy games having an older cast dealing with real problems instead of "How to cope with your first Jack Kerouac adventure across the country".

I cant quite find the words to express how much Ive enjoyed reading this reader's digest of a Games posters freudian nightmare of a soul.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foxhound posted:

It's got some really clever writing, I enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of Dragon Quest.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i didnt like the demo much. is the game better ? i like the stacking thing but the game seems so easy that it doesnt really matter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i didnt like the demo much. is the game better ? i like the stacking thing but the game seems so easy that it doesnt really matter.
It's kind of like Pokemon. Main game is really easy, it has lots of hard optional content especially post-game. I'm not totally impressed by the gameplay - it definitely doesn't have Pokemon's depth - but the writing is really fun. So if that's enough to keep you interested like it was for me, check it out.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's kind of like Pokemon. Main game is really easy, it has lots of hard optional content especially post-game. I'm not totally impressed by the gameplay - it definitely doesn't have Pokemon's depth - but the writing is really fun. So if that's enough to keep you interested like it was for me, check it out.

I prefered Pokemon when it was "simpler" in the older generations so WOFF is right up my alley. It's just goofy enough and there seems to always be something to do (I haven't finished it yet). Also you can play it with japanese VO which owns because im a huge weeb.

Here are some videos (first one's a little spoilery)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WAO5gc7bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG64Qr56fb8

folder
Oct 9, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I cant quite find the words to express how much Ive enjoyed reading this reader's digest of a Games posters freudian nightmare of a soul.

a spirit where anger and shame are so inextricably linked... very kuja

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I haven't played the full game or the demo, but after talking with ppl who have I think it suffers from Ni no Kuni syndrome -- where the demo was dogass awful but the actual game is a million times better. (Kuni top 5 games of last gen easily)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

PSN isn't gonna finish the download in time tonight. :sigh:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The general consensus for FFXV seeks to be very positive with the notable exception of the car, which absolutely sucks if you're doing anything that isn't the main story since you'll be driving/being driven down the same handful of roads over and over for ~10 minutes while everyone in the car is dead silent

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The general consensus for FFXV seeks to be very positive with the notable exception of the car, which absolutely sucks if you're doing anything that isn't the main story since you'll be driving/being driven down the same handful of roads over and over for ~10 minutes while everyone in the car is dead silent
ah, even Final Fantasy heroes have to carpool to work

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

I'm a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi

same.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

beepstreet posted:

I'm playing FF8 for the first time in 10 years and I was digging it until I got to Disc 2 where the pacing has gone off a cliff. Is it going to get fun again anytime soon? I'm at the concert at Fisherman's Horizon.

I don't remember

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7O-M6omW38

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

beepstreet posted:

I'm playing FF8 for the first time in 10 years and I was digging it until I got to Disc 2 where the pacing has gone off a cliff. Is it going to get fun again anytime soon? I'm at the concert at Fisherman's Horizon.

That's the slowest part, but you get to watch two flying schools gently caress soon, and then Squall and Rinoa make eyes at each other in space (ymmv.) Past that, eh.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
truthfully after the brawl between the Gardens (which OWNS) you might as well shut off the game, it's all downhill from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Woah WOFF throws some pretty wild curveballs towards the end