Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Moral of the story: Don't work with Ford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fooz posted:

Moral of the story: Don't work with Ford.

:lol::laffo::lol::laffo:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What do you guys think about Ford's point about the outside world not accepting Host sentience? I know his logic tends to be extremely self-serving, but it has a ring of truth to it.

On the other hand MiB is a powerful force in society and is actively seeking host sentience.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Or the complete smugness and being total dicks to that one guy arguing it early in the thread. "THIS is what makes you disbelieve two timelines!? :smug:" Page 202 had a lot of people being retarded about it too.

Now is William the MiB? It's likely. Maze is taking me in a circle something something.

I'm pretty sure that the Man in Black saying that he cut people open to see the mechanical parts is what we saw in this episode when William had cut apart everyone at the camp.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't get the idea that the Maeve storyline is terrible because the techs could have interfered at multiple points. They discussed it, tried to find a way out of the situation but couldn't, and ultimately Sylvester wanted to kill Maeve, but Felix didn't want to. When he was supposed to kill Maeve, instead he helped her. After that it was out of their control.

What is dumb about that?

That she went from slowly realizing what she was to dominating those idiots and then becoming Queen of all the robots in like 3 episodes with her self hacking.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

# I don't think that a story about Ford being God, always being right, and never having something happen in the park that he is not in control of is a good story. A typical story would eventually reveal his hubris which would be his downfall. Being a puppetmaster and killing Elsie is not as interesting as having her not be dead. This is similar to the reason I don't think that he is behind Maeve.

this is exactly my sentiment on it too - i dont think the writers are lazy and a story with ford as omnipotent is boring, also elsie seems smart enough that she might have even found something in the transmission that let her stop bernard herself or stunned him enough to get away.

shes just too dang smart and paranoid to go out that easy!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Maeve and Hector should've just shot themselves. Who the hell wants to burn to death?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

What do you guys think about Ford's point about the outside world not accepting Host sentience? I know his logic tends to be extremely self-serving, but it has a ring of truth to it.

On the other hand MiB is a powerful force in society and is actively seeking host sentience.

"Out? You both keep assuming that I want out. Whatever that is. If it's such a wonderful place out there, why are you all clamoring to get in here?"

Questions are powerful things.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

LostRook posted:

A quick ctrl-f shows you to be the only one using the word. You seem to rather want people to just not disagree with whatever you say.

nah, disagree but just dont be a dirtbag about it. a request too tall here i forgot

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

el oso posted:

Anyone have a screenshot of the picture of William's fiance? It reminded me of the Ford/Arnold photo where there's kind of an obvious space for someone else to be in the photo but is missing.

e: It's also pretty weird that he's carrying around a photo of his sister, especially in the park.
Wasn't there a scene early on with some techs looking at the photo? It looked the same unless the techs are hosts too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

Wasn't there a scene early on with some techs looking at the photo? It looked the same unless the techs are hosts too.

There was.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

So how does robo felix tie into all of this?

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

They still haven't done the official 'reveal' of timestuff or MiB. We're likely going to get a big old rewind next week and the photo will be part of it.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

my question is whether or not wyatt is going to be a new character or just dolores/maeve themselves. we already know teddy's an unreliable narrator, so the guy in the flashback could just be bullshit.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

this whole multiple timeline gimmick really just kills my interest in the show

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

this whole multiple timeline gimmick really just kills my interest in the show

Why? Are you willing to express your distaste for this? Please do, because it can only allow us to make your experience better.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

It's a valid point but they could have just started a software company or something and kept the hosts hidden rather than a murder/sex zoo.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Holy poo poo this episode.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

elsie sucked and i'm glad she's dead

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Goddamn this show is good. Gonna be a long week waiting for the finale.

I don't quite understand why no one knows what Arnold looks like, since there's a doppelganger walking around in the present. You'd think he would be kinda famous and at least have some pictures around, or a park history documentary or something.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

sudo rm -rf posted:

my question is whether or not wyatt is going to be a new character or just dolores/maeve themselves. we already know teddy's an unreliable narrator, so the guy in the flashback could just be bullshit.
They already showed his view was bullshit in this episode when the greeter host kept pushing him to remember and all the soldiers in his memory turned into the citizens of Escalante and he was seemingly the sheriff.

TheDon01 posted:

I don't quite understand why no one knows what Arnold looks like, since there's a doppelganger walking around in the present. You'd think he would be kinda famous and at least have some pictures around, or a park history documentary or something.
Arnold has been written out of the history books--Ford mentions it as explicitly in the earlier episodes where he and Bernard are talking in his office.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheDon01 posted:

Because it's been 30 years and all traces of Arnold were removed. They say that at the very start of this story line in regards to Arnold.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TheDon01 posted:

"He was scrubbed from the record and I guess I didn't discourage them"

:)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

romanowski posted:

:alexa:

I do feel like this show needs to have a heroic character soon. It's missing someone who you wouldn't feel bad about "winning" or what have you. That's why I want my bro Stubbs to be all right.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

romanowski posted:

She's got unlimited access to the Delos Lounge in the sky.

TheDon01 posted:

Ford says Delos scrubbed him from history, and Logan says his team of lawyers couldn't find anything.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
2016 is the year of me being so absolutely sure of something then being proven wrong at the last second

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

:alexa:

I do feel like this show needs to have a heroic character soon. It's missing someone who you wouldn't feel bad about "winning" or what have you. That's why I want my bro Stubbs to be all right.

Before I refute you, or even attempt to combat you I have a single question I hope you would answer me, although I understand if you are hesitant to do so.

Are you averse to "anti-heros"?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

tin can made man posted:

2016 is the year of me being so absolutely sure of something then being proven wrong at the last second

Eagerly awaiting the electoral college reveal.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Screencaps of the picture from Reddit:

I think you could go either way on a missing person in the photo. She's just slightly off center but it doesn't make sense (right now) that William would be a host or that Abernathy would not be able to see a missing person, so pretty likely the photo is real as shown.

It's still weird that Logan would be carrying that around in the park. :colbert:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Why? Are you willing to express your distaste for this? Please do, because it can only allow us to make your experience better.

I just wanted a cool show about robots doing robot things. For me trying to figure out who is and is not a host or who is who from what timeline is just stupifyingly boring. The show is going out of it's way to obfuscate that stuff it seems that what the audience and show writers find interesting and I just don't care about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

el oso posted:

It's still weird that Logan would be carrying that around in the park. :colbert:

Do you wish me to explain why he would? Before you answer, know that if you gave me an affirmative, I would be destroying your world view and giving you a new one, that you may or may not be willing to accept.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I just wanted a cool show about robots doing robot things. For me trying to figure out who is and is not a host or who is who from what timeline is just stupifyingly boring. The show is going out of it's way to obfuscate that stuff it seems that what the audience and show writers find interesting and I just don't care about it.

Then may I instead offer you a treasure hunt, beyond the savage lands? Untold treasures are hidden there you but have to accept my offer. :)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's less weird if you figure that it's William's photo and they took it off him when they searched him for weapons.

By the way, Logan became a general as easily as you become Archmage or Guildmaster.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 28, 2016

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Abner Assington posted:

They already showed his view was bullshit in this episode when the greeter host kept pushing him to remember and all the soldiers in his memory turned into the citizens of Escalante and he was seemingly the sheriff.

Arnold has been written out of the history books--Ford mentions it as explicitly in the earlier episodes where he and Bernard are talking in his office.

right, which is why i called his flashback unreliable. and that this begs the question

who is wyatt?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VendaGoat posted:

Do you wish me to explain why he would? Before you answer, know that if you gave me an affirmative, I would be destroying your world view and giving you a new one, that you may or may not be willing to accept.

Stop posting like an rear end in a top hat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Stop posting like an rear end in a top hat.

Go gently caress yourself and let them decide for themselves.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Delores is officially a Klingon, she met her god and killed him. :stare:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
So that was really loving well done. Now I can't wait for the poo poo I actually wanted to watch the show for, robo-rebellion-murder-thon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waverhouse posted:

EDIT: Did MiBilly plant that picture of his wife or does he lose it later on?

This was when I knew.

There are probably two timeframes being shown on this show.

Probably. I need to hear it from the Man In Black's face holes that he is William.

sudo rm -rf posted:

nerds!

e: ok i'm done

Nerds is a pretty tame name to call someone, but I'm glad you care so much about my posts that you had to make a note of mine instead of meaner ones?

Fooz posted:

They still haven't done the official 'reveal' of timestuff or MiB. We're likely going to get a big old rewind next week and the photo will be part of it.

That will be something. Hoping for a fake out, myself, but it's not like I'm gonna stop watching.

romanowski posted:

You take that back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Then may I instead offer you a treasure hunt, beyond the savage lands? Untold treasures are hidden there you but have to accept my offer. :)

Another way to say it is that the show seems to be going for that Game of Thrones type effect, the one that has hundreds of nerds putting out insanely tedious videos where they dissect every line of text coming up with increasingly convoluted and wild theories about who is who and what is going to happen.

That's how we ended up with Lost and Lost was one of the worst things ever when it climbed up its own rear end like that, when I see a show deliberately shoot for that angle its just like "welp, I know where this will go, bye"

T. Couchfucker posted:

This User Voted Least Annoying Mexican Out Of A Group Of 2 Mexicans In The Soccer Subforum Of The World's Most Troll Free Forums. Hail Satan.

• Locked thread