Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

http://www.vh1.com/full-episodes/4y3z40/martha-snoops-potluck-dinner-party-putting-the-pot-in-potluck-season-1-ep-101

e: nice

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

posting on page 69

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

are you posting this because it's bad or because it's good?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Homework Explainer posted:

posting on page 69

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

how could be it bad

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

posting on page 69

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

how could be it bad

it could be too on the nose

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/richarddawkins/status/448240882710757376

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive seen things you people wouldn't believe

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

its loving amazing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Goddamn Westworld is amazing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Not regretting my :tenbux: thus far. Seems like it does "Casual open-world game for music and podcasts" pretty well. (Though for some reason I couldn't connect to servers for a long time and had to brute force until I got into one of them.)

Also, I can be a lizard with a huge sword.
i had some connectivity issues early on too, but i basically had to just launch client thrice and that's it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i need to watch this somehow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The ideology eater posted:

its loving amazing

nice way of side-stepping answeringthe question,, you cant fool me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/RespectfulMemes/status/801854169829244929

Enhydra lutris
Apr 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Numerous Species of gregarious Marine Mammals engage in "Oral" Sex (Fellatio); further more Numerous Species of gregarious Marine Mammals engage in Homo Sexual Behaviour; e.g. [for example] Sexual Intercourse via the Anus; Dolphins are only One Example; other Significant Examples include the West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus); the Sea Otter (Enhydra lutris); the Grey Whale (Eschrichtius robustus); etcetera.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Enhydra lutris posted:

Numerous Species of gregarious Marine Mammals engage in "Oral" Sex (Fellatio); further more Numerous Species of gregarious Marine Mammals engage in Homo Sexual Behaviour; e.g. [for example] Sexual Intercourse via the Anus; Dolphins are only One Example; other Significant Examples include the West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus); the Sea Otter (Enhydra lutris); the Grey Whale (Eschrichtius robustus); etcetera.
OhHH I SeEE

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
imgur dislikes castro so im thinking hes good??? not really since im a typical weeping liberal who cares about things like the right to dissent but w/e

hes actually a good case study in seeing the sort of love affair of inaction that a lot of millennials have. they have a picture of castro preparing to execute someone as something to get outraged about, which im personally pretty ambivalent about outside of context: when youre overthrowing a government or waging a war of any scale, you really have to be pretty ruthless about conducting it. You don't want stupid purges (or in the case of Iraq 2.0, firing the entire armed force and bureaucracy), and its best to leave as many people alone and alive as possible, but you do need to make sure there's a de-whateverfication phase with no ambivalence about who is in control of things, and that does involve shooting dudes in the head. Otherwise, you end up with things like post-Civil War America, where the losers were free to retain enough political control to undermine reconstruction, and enough military force to establish poo poo like the KKK. Or you just end up with repeated conflicts that result in more death and suffering. The best post-conflict situations Ive seen in history involve both a welcoming stance to allow former enemies to join with you, and a demonstrated willingness to kill as many people as needed to establish control.

imgur meanwhile has people tut tutting the audacity of killing people for being political enemies no matter the justification, but they're not pacifists by any stretch of the imagination: they freak out about protesters in general for being "entitled" or whatever and crow loudly that they deserve comeuppance in the form of riot cops, and cheer when murderous violence is conducted in socially acceptable contexts (ie war heroes killing enemy soldiers, bombing isis, rapists getting run over, etc). i get the sense that they don't really operate on any real system of ethics, rather than just worrying about the social shame context of violating taboos and seem to instinctively avoid celebrating any action that may induce some kind of risky moral impetus. if they celebrate protesters, then they have to ask themselves why they dont protest. if they celebrate political violence, they have to wonder how they can be good people if they embrace status quo constantly. thats probably thinking too hard about people being dweebs in general though.

its not just violence from the leftists figures; the picture of the vietcong getting executed in Vietnam by Nguyen Ngoc Loan provoked public antipathy, despite the Vietcong in question really loving having it coming, while more outrageous actions (like bombing hospitals) are brushed aside as "collateral damage" without bothering to analyze because hey accidents happen! i might just be overreading peoples general squeamishness about stark, direct representations of violence in general, but you could probably make a good critical style essay about how the socially acceptable forms of violence (ie execution via long and expensive trials and some sort of "humane" method) is coincidentally only possible to be committed by the powerful who have access to enough resources and manpower to carry it out, while less expensive/widespread but more direct forms of violence like a bullet to a prisoner's dome is Bad because it makes people feel bad when they see it and not for any sort of real ethical reason (like we have a system that makes punishing murderers simple, but the system is incapable of punishing someone like Martin Shkreli despite him causing more overall harm, and thus perhaps our moral sensibilities end up accommodating that systemic failure so that its faults become moral norms (but then there's a chicken and the egg things going on so whatever))... but then you have police excessive violence in the US that gets brushed off constantly despite it being very lurid in terms of brutality.

idk im just rambling but public reaction to castro stuff has gotten me thinking and its leading to some dumb tangential poo poo and ive got nowhere productive to mull stupid thoughts, sorry.

e: this is a lot of words, i blame drugs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

687 words my man

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
turns out when youre off your prescribed dose of methylphenidate for a week and then get back on it in the middle of political talky poo poo, you write a lot of really loving dumb rear end words

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INmf5MuTpE

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i read that as "your prescribed dose of methamphetamine" and was like wow i want what he's got

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

posting on page 69

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOW4QiOD-oc&t=47s

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

i read that as "your prescribed dose of methamphetamine" and was like wow i want what he's got

in my experience prescription amphetamines can be unpleasantly disconcerting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

posting on page 69

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im not exactly sure what i am looking at here

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im not exactly sure what i am looking at here

me irl

e: im the dead albino man not the other guy if thats confusing

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Badger of Basra posted:

if you care about f1 results you should preemptively gulag yourself

I know that by rights I should follow a less bougie kind of racing, like NASCAR, but lol one of the F1 tracks this year had a castle along the route with a nonzero chance of someone loving up a turn and slamming a multi-million-dollar car into it at 150mph

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

me irl

e: im the dead albino man not the other guy if thats confusing
i was mostly looking at the facial mimics of the other guy, albino man was understandable

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
thats just harrison fords face

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i was mostly looking at the facial mimics of the other guy, albino man was understandable

it helps drive home the unspoken point that harrison ford is also a replicant doomed to die, but unlike roy he still has time left

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

what is it with german speaking nations that makes them ruin their energy sectors

e: fake alarm, mountain germans voted no

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 28, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
naughty numbers

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo8JKkvbXkU