Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yep, you nailed my thoughts exactly. Texans really whiffed on Osweiler, and he's made a top tier talent into a steaming pile of terrible. The O line ain't great, but in the 3-4 games i watched of them this year, it was never the issue. Osweiler being terrible in every way is the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I paid $55 for Zeke, and I'm absolutely going to keep him for $60 next year.

He just looks like a different player from everyone else. He good.

(Nice to also have DJ for $15 :getin:)

Speaking of, really can't decide if my 3rd keeper is going to be Nuk at $17 or Jordan Howard at $6. Really leaning Howard so I can set my RB and forget it, then just draft WR.

Zeke is definitely #1 on my list for next year, but who knows what draft position I'm gonna be in.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Judging based on ADP is weird because not everybody values everyone the same. Like I actively avoided every Texans, Green Bay, and Broncos player. Had Todd Gurley and Watkins on my hate list, etc.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ADP is a guideline for identifying value, so it's basically exactly what you need. Knowing (guessing) which players are going to be good and which are going to be bad is what drafting is.

If you knew Gurley and Hopkins were going to be bad, it's your responsibility to pass on them at their ADP and let some sucker draft them instead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You can pinpoint the game NaVorro Bowman died and the 49ers' RB defense went to complete poo poo (opposed to regular poo poo)

Fire up your Damien Williamseses because except for the Cardinals literally every team has had their backup RB go for double digits against the Niners without Bowman.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 26, 2016

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Is Christine Michael worth hanging on to at this point? My other RBs are Jordan Howard, Theo Riddick and Dion Lewis so I feel like I may need some help there (1 PPR league, start 2 RBs)

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

ColdBlooded posted:

Is Christine Michael worth hanging on to at this point? My other RBs are Jordan Howard, Theo Riddick and Dion Lewis so I feel like I may need some help there (1 PPR league, start 2 RBs)

What's the alternative?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Alshon is droppable, yes? My other WRs in standard scoring are Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon, and the corpse of A.J. Green.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Somebody wants me to trade Russell Wilson for Eli Manning and Tyrell Williams. 0.5 PPR.

Williams is on a bye and Manning has the Browns tomorrow. Also, my playoff race is essentially sunk if I don't win this weekend. Thoughts?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Spoeank posted:

You can pinpoint the game NaVorro Bowman died and the 49ers' RB defense went to complete poo poo (opposed to regular poo poo)

Fire up your Damien Williamseses because except for the Cardinals literally every team has had their backup RB go for double digits against the Niners without Bowman.

What site is this?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Victor Vermis posted:

What site is this?

Yahoo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

It's awful in some ways, but I really like Yahoo's easy research stuff (points against by position, schedule with color coded opponent points against ranking, etc). The one Yahoo league I'm in is my go to whenever I want to compare schedules for players.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RVProfootballer posted:

It's awful in some ways, but I really like Yahoo's easy research stuff (points against by position, schedule with color coded opponent points against ranking, etc). The one Yahoo league I'm in is my go to whenever I want to compare schedules for players.

I've only ever used ESPN and Yahoo, but there is nothing about ESPN's interface that I prefer to Yahoo's. I only wish the color-coded game log from their mobile app was also on the web page.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

I've only ever used ESPN and Yahoo, but there is nothing about ESPN's interface that I prefer to Yahoo's. I only wish the color-coded game log from their mobile app was also on the web page.

It used to have more issues setting lineups and the mobile app used to not have some of the nice quality of life stuff that the website has, but yeah it's gotten better and definitely prefer it to NFL and ESPN, especially mobile app.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

shyduck posted:

Somebody wants me to trade Russell Wilson for Eli Manning and Tyrell Williams. 0.5 PPR.

Williams is on a bye and Manning has the Browns tomorrow. Also, my playoff race is essentially sunk if I don't win this weekend. Thoughts?

Hard to say without knowing your whole roster, but Williams is not on a bye this week, if that impacts your decision. He just had it in Week 11.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

shyduck posted:

No. Russell has a higher ceiling and Benjamin is healthy again lowering Tyrells value.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doppelganger posted:

Alshon is droppable, yes? My other WRs in standard scoring are Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon, and the corpse of A.J. Green.

Probably. I was thinking of trying to stash him but now that it's gonna be the Matt Barkley show, I just can't see Alshon roaring back with a 20 point game to cap the season. If there's something legitimately useful on waivers for you, let someone else fall on that grenade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RVProfootballer posted:

Yahoo's research stuff is pretty great and it's my launching off point for all my research every week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ESPN mobile app > Yahoo

Yahoo's everything else > ESPN

I still think ESPN's web client is such a cluttered mess of bullshit

WHY DOES MY LEAGUE NEED A HOMEPAGE WITH NO ACTUAL INFO? My fantasy league isn't the actual NFL just give me the drat standings and gently caress off thank you.

I also like being able to set my lineup more than one week in advance so that I can actually try to plan strategies more than 4 days in advance. How is that still a thing? I have to click all of my players individually to bring up their pages to see their byes? Then I have to remember all those byes and try to paint a picture in my head of what my lineup looks like for the next month?

Yahoo just lets me actually look at and set my week 13 roster. What a novel loving concept.

The only thing ESPN has over Yahoo is being able to IR out players for the week, and that's still not a default option. Also more in-depth IDP stuff, I suppose.

I don't get all the ESPN fanboy-ism. They're just as bad a Yahoo in a lot of regards, and actually emphatically worse in a few pretty non-insignificant ways. At least ESPN doesn't crash once a month, I guess.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 26, 2016

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
Somebody wants to trade either Brandon Marshall or Kelvin Benjamin to me in exchange for the Houston Defense. I have the Chiefs defense, but the upcoming scheduled isn't great for them (after this week: Atlanta, Oakland, Tennessee). However, my WR corp is pretty dire after Julio Jones (Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd).

If I take this deal, which receiver should I take? This is a 1 pt. PPR league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

EricHall posted:

Somebody wants to trade either Brandon Marshall or Kelvin Benjamin to me in exchange for the Houston Defense. I have the Chiefs defense, but the upcoming scheduled isn't great for them (after this week: Atlanta, Oakland, Tennessee). However, my WR corp is pretty dire after Julio Jones (Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd).

If I take this deal, which receiver should I take? This is a 1 pt. PPR league.

I would take Benjamin in exchange for a defense in a heartbeat. But I also have a dire set of receivers

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Keith Atherton posted:

I would take Benjamin in exchange for a defense in a heartbeat. But I also have a dire set of receivers

Same. I'd mash accept and stream if you're really worried about the defense matchups.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Has there been word on whether TJ Yeldon is going to play or not? I need to know if I should start Chris Ivory.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Vargo posted:

Has there been word on whether TJ Yeldon is going to play or not? I need to know if I should start Chris Ivory.

Last I heard he was going to try to go in warmups but wasn't likely to play.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

IllegallySober posted:

Last I heard he was going to try to go in warmups but wasn't likely to play.

Well,sonofa....
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/802910647503716352

Guess I'm not rolling out the Ivory then.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man, panic picking up/starting Kaep when I forgot Cam played on Thursday 2 weeks ago has worked out swimmingly. He may bullshit me into the playoffs in one league I was on the bubble

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

Man, panic picking up/starting Kaep when I forgot Cam played on Thursday 2 weeks ago has worked out swimmingly. He may bullshit me into the playoffs in one league I was on the bubble

Cam looks droppable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cam looks droppable.

and just like that, day salvaged by Teddy BallGinn

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
For all the Jared Cook hate... If you absolutely need 9 points to continue your season do you go Cook or Ertz?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BonoMan posted:

For all the Jared Cook hate... If you absolutely need 9 points to continue your season do you go Cook or Ertz?

WELL WELL WELL

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-sit-jared-cook-week-12.html

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-sit-zach-ertz-week-12.html

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Perfect thanks. Keeping Ertz.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm thinking of dropping Garcon for Sanders even though I have only two RBs in my whole roster.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Jesus gently caress, my opponent next week had murderer's row today.

QB: Kirk Cousins - 29
RB: Ezekiel Elliott - 23
RB: Lesean Mccoy - 27
WR: OBJ - 21
WR: Doug Baldwin - 3
TE: Greg Olsen - 4
Flex: Rishard Matthews - 12
DST: Giants - 22
K: Justin Tucker - 19
Total - 160

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Sigh. The 2 leagues I started 6-2 in, I'm now 7-5 and clinging to a playoff spot.

Common theme: AJ Green :smithicide:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Marquess Wilson or Taylor Gabriel ROS?

Looking for some high upside bench stashes to start in place of Landry too probably.

Was initially gonna grab Wilson but then checked out Gabriel and noticed he's quietly put up some drat good numbers several weeks in a row including 20+ earlier.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Tyreek Hill picked a good week to go off, looks like I'm winning both of my double headers in my money league thanks to his 36.75 :swoon:

Michael Thomas helped too

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Doppelganger posted:

Jesus gently caress, my opponent next week had murderer's row today.

QB: Kirk Cousins - 29
RB: Ezekiel Elliott - 23
RB: Lesean Mccoy - 27
WR: OBJ - 21
WR: Doug Baldwin - 3
TE: Greg Olsen - 4
Flex: Rishard Matthews - 12
DST: Giants - 22
K: Justin Tucker - 19
Total - 160

QB: Cousins 30
Evans: 32
OBJ: 29
JStew: 21
Howard: 15
Jordan Reed: 31
Dez: 12
Toss in 2 IDP, kickers and DST's and he's up to 211.

Utterly destroyed to my very core this week. (1ppr w/ bonus)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I need 25 points between Jordy and Morgan Burnett (GB Safety).

I would have only needed 15 if I had started Mariota over Wilson :(

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

QB: Cousins 30
Evans: 32
OBJ: 29
JStew: 21
Howard: 15
Jordan Reed: 31
Dez: 12
Toss in 2 IDP, kickers and DST's and he's up to 211.

Utterly destroyed to my very core this week. (1ppr w/ bonus)

My division rival had this this week (also 1ppr w bonuses):

QB: Brees 40.5
Freeman 21.7
Gurley 12.9
K. Benjamin 12.3
Evans 26.4
M. Thomas 27.3
Reed 29
Lutz 7
Baltimore D 19.2
Total: 196.3

Good thing I beat him last week to secure the division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Azhais posted:

Tyreek Hill picked a good week to go off, looks like I'm winning both of my double headers in my money league thanks to his 36.75 :swoon:

Michael Thomas helped too

Tyreek Hill has been pretty good since Maclin got hurt, in PPR at least.

It has left me with the problem of "I have five WR and four spots" problem in the league where I picked him up (OBJ, Edelman, DT, DeSean, Tyreek).

• Locked thread