Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I really wish exp distribution ignored max level characters. :( It would be so rad to put four pre-levelled dudes in alongside krile and get her just lovely ridiculous levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shoenin posted:

Is Osmose magic or attack based?

Mag

E: you can look up abilities and such on the ffbe wiki, it's a decent source of info mostly.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Gah how did I forget about black mist. Man I need to pay more attention to the lesser used stuff like that. I suppose I could plug in dk Cecil too for dark cannon black mist Meteor and double lightning. Awesome thanks for the reply that should help a whole bunch

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Gah how did I forget about black mist. Man I need to pay more attention to the lesser used stuff like that. I suppose I could plug in dk Cecil too for dark cannon black mist Meteor and double lightning. Awesome thanks for the reply that should help a whole bunch

No problem, also, if Dracu Lasswell is dual wielding, Black Mist fires twice, for anyone that didn't know that part!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PathAsc posted:

E: you can look up abilities and such on the ffbe wiki, it's a decent source of info mostly.

ExviusWiki posted:

In Final Fantasy V, When Krile is assigned as a Berserker, her sprite looks like she's wearing tiger-themed pajamas.

"Mostly". :v:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Pulled a 2nd Zidane from a random throw-away ticket. I may not get rainbows, but with a few Dual Wields I can keep up.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily Pull.....ZIDANE

loving Finally you monkey gently caress. Now to feed this guy a bunch of bear snoopy things (What are moogles supposed to be anyway?) and have double the pew pew on someone

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 28, 2016

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shoenin posted:

Daily Pull.....ZIDANE

loving Finally you monkey gently caress. Now to feed this guy a bunch of bear snoopy things (What are moogles supposed to be anyway?) and have double the pew pew on someone

They're some kind of dipshit hivemind special snowflake enabler race.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Stop this teasing me bullshit with your Zidane crap. Seriously he does not exist and we all know you guys are just injecting him into your rosters at this point.

That is the story I keep telling myself to keep from crying from not getting one yet :(

Edit: seriously

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 28, 2016

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
Honestly, at this point, the disappointment I get from pulling a lovely 3* is probably less than the disappointment I get from pulling a valuable 3* and having it be loving kefka again.

Even when I win, I can't win.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
These last two banners have actually been nice for 3* character pulls. I've gotten CoD, Exdeath, and Buttz for the first time in my last few pulls and I don't actually feel cheated. :unsmith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got a 4* Cecil.

He's my fourth.

Oh well, this just means I get to boost my Excalibur acquisition rate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i got a vaan i could chill on trying to pull 5* base characters and not feel so bad. my roster is OKAY but i don't have a single actually great unit, like redia/cecil/cod/exdeath is all right but there's no serious firepower in there

edit: like i could farm four excaliburs but why am i even farming two :I

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I've been working on completing missions and I just beat the Golem fight twice. It counted as two exploration quests for my dailys. :psyduck:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a warrior of light for my pull. I've been using my tickets from the cheap bundle too, and got a second bartz. Is it worth getting two double hands or should I fuse them to get one faster?

Since I started doing this macro poo poo my shantotto/omnirod guy team has basically doubled their TM% already.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Cartoon Man posted:

I've been working on completing missions and I just beat the Golem fight twice. It counted as two exploration quests for my dailys. :psyduck:

Yea Espers have always counted as explorations for that quest for whatever reason.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

if i got a vaan i could chill on trying to pull 5* base characters and not feel so bad. my roster is OKAY but i don't have a single actually great unit, like redia/cecil/cod/exdeath is all right but there's no serious firepower in there

CoD and Exdeath are both pretty serious firepower. Exdeath & pals dumping magic is half of my arena strategy. The other half is cleaning up stragglers with CoD

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

Refia/Cecil/CoD/Exdeath is literally my party. (well, okay fine, I *do* have Lightning on top of that, but hush.) That is a super solid team.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Just for confirmation because I've never done this and don't wanna gently caress it up: If I want to fuse 2 units for 100% TM I need 1x 50% and 1x 45% correct?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

Just for confirmation because I've never done this and don't wanna gently caress it up: If I want to fuse 2 units for 100% TM I need 1x 50% and 1x 45% correct?

correct. As long as they total to 95% or more, you're good.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
How are arena weekly rewards distributed? I feel like I haven't received any to date via the mailbox.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

How are arena weekly rewards distributed? I feel like I haven't received any to date via the mailbox.

They come in your mailbox early Sunday night

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know who to use these HP pots on. Exdeath? Gilgamesh? Cecil?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I have a few pubbies on my friend list, from when I just started and was sending friend requests every time I picked a rando. One of them for the longest time has had a level 7 Agrias as their friend unit, I take 'em along if I'm just faffing about with earth shrine exploration for the daily or cleaning up lapis missions, because lol the friend unit absolutely doesn't matter.

This morning, I noticed it was a level 9 Agrias. Keep going li'l buddy you'll get there :unsmith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got a Clyne. :(

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

HGH posted:

I don't know who to use these HP pots on. Exdeath? Gilgamesh? Cecil?

I've been throwing them at Cecil for now since I want him to be as tanky/annoying as possible

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been doing Lenna, 5* casters have become super squishy in these last couple events and anything to keep them from getting killed in one round is nice.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

PopeCrunch posted:

I have a few pubbies on my friend list, from when I just started and was sending friend requests every time I picked a rando. One of them for the longest time has had a level 7 Agrias as their friend unit, I take 'em along if I'm just faffing about with earth shrine exploration for the daily or cleaning up lapis missions, because lol the friend unit absolutely doesn't matter.

This morning, I noticed it was a level 9 Agrias. Keep going li'l buddy you'll get there :unsmith:

I always assume these are the normal human beings that play for about 30 minutes a week while pooping, unlike us who obsess about energy wasted at cap

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I got a warrior of light for my pull. I've been using my tickets from the cheap bundle too, and got a second bartz. Is it worth getting two double hands or should I fuse them to get one faster?

Materia Doublehand stacks with Innate Doublehand

You know who's easy to get, eventually gets Awesome, and has Innate Doublehand?

Garland.

It's definitely worth getting 2 unless you're drowning in Dual Wield/Innate Dual Wield/5* Base characters.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Great! Now all I have to do is actually draw a Garland instead of multiple Anzelms and Bediles! :v:

Haven't drawn an Exdeath yet on this banner, either.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Great! Now all I have to do is actually draw a Garland instead of multiple Anzelms and Bediles! :v:

Haven't drawn an Exdeath yet on this banner, either.

Same :smith:

I just want a murdertreewizard, I don't care about Anzelm x2 and yet another Luna (but I did get a Faris who is way cooler than Ignus so I'll level her up at some point)

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Real quick question since I have both sitting around. I have mentioned before how I have three Arcs sitting around and have been working on getting them all up to snuff so I can duelcast like a madman. So that being said should I drop one arc and put in Exdeath or just keep team arc going?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Exdeath is a better mage than Arc. 6* means better stats, get killer passives applied to magic, and he gets Meteor which can be dual casted. Drop an Arc for Exdeath.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

CoD with the golem rod has made the arena even more hilarious! Between that and my kefka with boo!, chumps just sit there frozen and get smushed. I love it.

Also, I'm still chasing an Exdeath and Gilgamesh this banner, I've pulled three more CoD's and five more Bartz'. I've got him coming out of my butzhole.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Related to Exdeath questions, how many do I need before I can start fusing them off? I'm at god drat 6 of them. Trust mastery macro'ing is not something I plan on doing if that makes a difference.

e: Same question but for Bartz and Alma

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 28, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
High level arena is just awful. Either you go first and win or you go second and hope the opposing team doesn't RNG gently caress you. I hate that it doesn't accurately reflect the leader information as well. Clicked on a 1500~ point guy with Cecil as lead, turned into: CoD, Luneth, Luneth, ExDeath, ExDeath. He went first and thankfully the only skills that got used were 1 Meteor and Barrage. While I survived the meteor, the Barrage was on a dual wielding CoD with that stupid golem staff which proc'ed three times and left me with CoD and a near death Kefka.

I did not win that one.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Mile'ionaha posted:

Materia Doublehand stacks with Innate Doublehand

You know who's easy to get, eventually gets Awesome, and has Innate Doublehand?

Garland.

It's definitely worth getting 2 unless you're drowning in Dual Wield/Innate Dual Wield/5* Base characters.

I thought doublehand didn't stack in Global.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zebia posted:

I thought doublehand didn't stack in Global.

It stacks, you just can't equip more than one.

If you have it innately, it doesn't count as having one "equipped", so you can equip one, getting two. If there's ever an equipment that grants it, that'd stack too.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Tall Tale Teller posted:

CoD with the golem rod has made the arena even more hilarious! Between that and my kefka with boo!, chumps just sit there frozen and get smushed. I love it.

Also, I'm still chasing an Exdeath and Gilgamesh this banner, I've pulled three more CoD's and five more Bartz'. I've got him coming out of my butzhole.

I really wish I had more BC Lids maxed out because hex strike is loving LOL in the arena right now. Everybody must get stoned! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

It stacks, you just can't equip more than one.

If you have it innately, it doesn't count as having one "equipped", so you can equip one, getting two. If there's ever an equipment that grants it, that'd stack too.

If they give an equipment with it and eventually an esper with it, then you could have 200% equipment bonus which would be fun!

• Locked thread