Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Crosspeice posted:

Alright postgame, enough with the stupidly strong bosses, I have literally ran out of Revives. And soon, no money to buy more if this keeps up!

Why aren't you throwing Pyukumuku at the beach for $20k a pop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

What happens if you lose in this game? I just got into an encounter with a certain badass with 6 monsters, and I've got one of my dudes and 5 things I'm leveling to evolve for my pokedex.

Just beat up the magikarp guy already

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

anyone who opens up with Stealth Rock and has a whirlwind combo is not my friend. :mad:
I couldn't even get mad at that, thought it was funny.

I ended the fight with Incineroar dodging two attacks and willing itself out of paralyze to finish off Magnezone with a flare blitz.

ANyway, I finished the main story and am having a tough time finding a Jangmo-o. I read that it's on a little sidepath through some branches before the Altar of the Moone but haven't run into any yet. Is this the right place?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

ANyway, I finished the main story and am having a tough time finding a Jangmo-o. I read that it's on a little sidepath through some branches before the Altar of the Moone but haven't run into any yet. Is this the right place?

If you still are able to scan QR codes today you could scan this to get a Pokedex entry with the spawning location info: http://i.imgur.com/b1ty2Th.png
Edit: It's from the Imgur album people have linked several times before: http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Anyone else notice yet that if you z-copycat a damage dealing move, it turns into the z-move of that move's type? Been having fun with that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Has anyone tried Z Sketch? I'm assuming it just does regular sketch with a stat boost.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

greatn posted:

Has anyone tried Z Sketch? I'm assuming it just does regular sketch with a stat boost.

All stats +1

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Did they up the shiny appearance rate? Only on the 2nd island and found my 2nd shiny ever, a Diglet. Funny blue-nosed bastard that it is. If not this is some ridiculous luck catching up to me I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they did last gen but not this one I think

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I couldn't even get mad at that, thought it was funny.

I ended the fight with Incineroar dodging two attacks and willing itself out of paralyze to finish off Magnezone with a flare blitz.

You can find it in any patch of grass in Vast Poni Canyon's exterior, including under the tree. However, it's one of the 5% encounters, so it'll take a bit.

The whirlwind combo ended up backfiring when it was used on me, as it brought in my Golem.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My entire team was bugs who are vulnerable to rock, so Stealth Rock was bad.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Mierenneuker posted:

If you still are able to scan QR codes today you could scan this to get a Pokedex entry with the spawning location info: http://i.imgur.com/b1ty2Th.png
Edit: It's from the Imgur album people have linked several times before: http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs
Neat, didn't know about this, thanks

EclecticTastes posted:

You can find it in any patch of grass in Vast Poni Canyon's exterior, including under the tree. However, it's one of the 5% encounters, so it'll take a bit.

The whirlwind combo ended up backfiring when it was used on me, as it brought in my Golem.
Figured it's rare, guess I'll just buckle down and grind it out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catsworth posted:

Did they up the shiny appearance rate? Only on the 2nd island and found my 2nd shiny ever, a Diglet. Funny blue-nosed bastard that it is. If not this is some ridiculous luck catching up to me I guess.

They didn't :argh:

e: ask tyblazitar

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Clarste posted:

My entire team was bugs who are vulnerable to rock, so Stealth Rock was bad.

I had 2 bugs, a bird, and the fire starter so that particular trick got me good

also didn't have anything for water and my only fairy counter was on mudsdale so lol. the ninetales hard countered everything I had that was effective against ice or fairy, it was bad

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How much does the nature on your starting Pokemon matter? I got a +Special Defence -Attack nature on my Rowlett which seems bad. :v:

I'm not super-serious or anything, but a lot of my friends play somewhat competitively so I don't want to be too far behind.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rowlett has the same special attack as attack so you can just use energy ball instead of leaf blade or w/e

even if you're gonna do any kind of competitive stuff, resetting for a good starter still probably isn't worth it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cuntellectual posted:

How much does the nature on your starting Pokemon matter? I got a +Special Defence -Attack nature on my Rowlett which seems bad. :v:

I'm not super-serious or anything, but a lot of my friends play somewhat competitively so I don't want to be too far behind.

You can just breed for a competitve one later. It's not like you're going to get a 5 IV +whatever nature starter from resetting.

Not that it seems like anyone's going to really use Decidueye competitively anyway.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Cool. The one I got was a female so I didn't really want to reset, but I don't know anything about Pokemon.

I kinda wanted to get a shiny starter but I'm not quite THAT :spergin:.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
The swinub you can get from island scan comes with freeze-dry. Which is nice, since it can pass it down to Vulpix, and you don't have to bother getting it on Smeargle just to pass down.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So what's the scoop on breeding in SM? I assume there's no "hold right" spot like in ORAS, but what's the best spot for Tauros romping?

Also where do I grind for experience? Am I stuck with the E4 and the occasional buffet?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pokemon being able to break out of Critical Captures is some bullshit. Especially when said Pokemon is a Lapras that then used Perish Song. :saddowns:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why can loving nothing learn false swipe, seriously

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

So what's the scoop on breeding in SM? I assume there's no "hold right" spot like in ORAS, but what's the best spot for Tauros romping?

In the teeny tiny fenced in area directly underneath the woman who hands you the eggs. It's just big enough for Tauros to fit in and if you hold B and turn in circles (requires two hands though), you'll hatch eggs ridiculously quick.

Like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0i_1Nv71Q

The woman is always in view so you know when there's an egg available, too! Apart from requiring two hands it's so quick and easy that I've started doing it for the first time. Just watch some youtube or something while doing it.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 28, 2016

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Manatee Cannon posted:

why can loving nothing learn false swipe, seriously

You chose a wrong starter? The rowlet line can use it just fine, dunno about others.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Aerdan posted:

You chose a wrong starter? The rowlet line can use it just fine, dunno about others.

litten line can as well

im having a real tough time deciding what nature i want guzzlord to be if i wanted him as an option for vgc, dude is real weird

like, i think it'd be best with a -speed nature, but +what? defense? special defense? we're pretending he's not going to get hit by fairy because regardless of what it is, fairy will ruin his day, see:

252+ Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Guzzlord: 304-360 (101.6 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 304-360 (101.6 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 372-444 (124.4 - 148.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236+ SpA Wigglytuff Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 172-208 (57.5 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Ribombee Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 276-328 (92.3 - 109.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Togepi Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 348-412 (116.3 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Your Computer posted:

In the teeny tiny fenced in area directly underneath the woman who hands you the eggs. It's just big enough for Tauros to fit in and if you hold B and turn in circles (requires two hands though), you'll hatch eggs ridiculously quick.

Like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0i_1Nv71Q

The woman is always in view so you know when there's an egg available, too! Apart from requiring two hands it's so quick and easy that I've started doing it for the first time. Just watch some youtube or something while doing it.

Why must you all make Tauros work so hard? You are all cruel cruel people

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

Why must you all make Tauros work so hard? You are all cruel cruel people

According to the Pokédex, "This Pokémon is not satisfied unless it is rampaging at all times." so I'm doing it a favor :colbert:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kartana is my False Swiper but that's only for Sun users. Tapu Koko can learn it naturally and he's pretty strong too, if you're willing to wait that long.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

litten line can as well

no it can't

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Golisopod and Parasect can both learn it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

i was certain incineroar could, but i had to restart and i picked owl on the second playthrough so i couldn't check

why can the thing with claws not get false swipe, real weird Game Freak

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Pokemon anime people: How long until Team Rocket Meowth meets an Aloan Meowth and has some kind of existential crisis? The new show is good and fun so far, and I'm curious to see how they fold in the Aether Foundation stuff later.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it makes even more sense with the wrestling theme but nah, no false swipe for incineroar

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Charjabug can learn Acrobatics but Dartrix cannot.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Deified Data posted:

Dartrix is always armed to the teeth with a variety of leaf knives and authentic leaf Hanzo Steel. He's too deadly and/or euphoric to do sweet pirouettes and backflips.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Been sort resetting for a Modest Lunala for like 4 hours now. Wtf. I mean I'm doing it while I do other things and he's not terribly hard to catch but Christ. I should've taken the Timid one the game threw at me on my second try.

The biggest bummer is that it seems to not even change up the nature that much between resets, it's mostly just been Quiet or Relaxed.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Been sort resetting for a Modest Lunala for like 4 hours now. Wtf. I mean I'm doing it while I do other things and he's not terribly hard to catch but Christ. I should've taken the Timid one the game threw at me on my second try.

The biggest bummer is that it seems to not even change up the nature that much between resets, it's mostly just been Quiet or Relaxed.

synchro abras, probably faster since the appearance rate for abras with synchro is actually solid, you can quickball it, and you can get synchros for the other legendarys (jolly, timid, adamant come to mind)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deified Data posted:

everyone knows that a bus is more acrobatic than an owl though

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm glad it can learn Acrobatics, because seeing a batterybug whiz back and forth is delightful. It's definitely my favorite pupa-style Pokemon thus far.

Edit: Note that I don't consider Shedinja part of that club. And if it was, he would be its president.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

When it's time to do some more Pokemon catching, I'm gonna train up the Cubone I caught and catch Pokemon with an awesome Alolan Marowak.

I caught a Pyukumuku because it decided to stay on Pokepelego. I don't even know where to encounter them in the wild, so I'm glad one decided to stay on the island! What a neat little way to acquire Pokemon.