Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

VanillaGorilla posted:

The majority of the side quests (of which there are many) are MMO-style quests where you're either harvesting something, killing something, etc. There are a few that are more involved - you'll get a few that focus in on a particular party member, for example (I've gotten quests for Prompto and Gladiolus so far), and some that have a bit of narrative wrapped around them - but they're the minority.

Then there are a metric asston of hunts, which are all about running out into the world and killing a mob, just like FFXII. You gain hunt ranks up to 10, I believe, and some of the hardest hunts are post-game only.

There have been two side quests that I've gotten that took me to a dungeon. Otherwise, there are optional dungeons that you'll find while exploring that you get a side-quest to complete when you enter. There are a handful that are part of the main quest, too.

That's dissappointing, though expected since FF has never had stellar side content except for dungeons and superbosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

Important Question: Does Ignis recreate that dessert Noct tried before?

Not so far, but one of the more involved side quests is basically a large in-game product placement for Cup Noodles, which Gladio apparently loving loves. That big piece of poo poo loves Cup Noodles. So we had to go kill a fuckin' behemoth to add meat to Cup Noodles to improve its ALREADY AMAZING loving FLAVOR. CUP NOODLES

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 28, 2016

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

VanillaGorilla posted:

Not so far, but one of the more involved side quests is basically a large in-game product placement for Cup Noodles, which Gladio apparently loving loves. That big piece of poo poo loves Cup Noodles. So we had to go kill a fuckin' behemoth to add meat to Cup Noodles to improve its ALREADY AMAZING loving FLAVOR. CUP NOODLES

this is loving insane and i love it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far it's taken longer to install the game than download the 9 GB patch :f5h::smith:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man, Amazon hasn't even began shipping my copy yet. RIP.

Bleh me neither. They are usually really good about release date shipping though so I hope it's just an issue with the info updating.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

That is magical.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Levantine posted:

Bleh me neither. They are usually really good about release date shipping though so I hope it's just an issue with the info updating.

So if you check your orders, you can see when the estimated delivery date is. I preordered mine for release date delivery with prime but I checked the other day and the delivery date is Dec 1st. I talked to customer service and they said they are out of stock for the first batch of release date delivery so Dec 1st is the next available date.

Don't know if the same thing happened to you but worth a look

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first review somehow never played Final Fantasy and played it on Xbox One.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

How do release day patches work when preordering on PS4 anyways? Will it download on it's own before it unlocks or will I have to download it when I actually can play the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The patch just downloads on its own. I already have it downloaded and ready to go.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Hoped that I'd be able to play before the US release since I live in Europe (but bought the game on a US account so yea... 14 and a half hours to go)...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yes, the coleman stuff was so funny. I can't wait to see this.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
To the people who do not get their order from Amazon tomorrow: Told you so. Every release of anything it happens.

Quote this for every release thread of a game or console or tech piece that people want on launch day from Amazon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've never gotten anything release day from Amazon. I just assumed it was a myth.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Are there five episodes or six for Brotherhood? I'm seeing conflicting sources.

5 episodes for Brotherhood. Episode 6? is in the Ultimate Collectors Edition.

Other review is out early:
http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-review/ 9/10

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I think the reviews are coming out, https://www.destructoid.com/review-final-fantasy-xv-399859.phtml 9/100

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

I've never gotten anything release day from Amazon. I just assumed it was a myth.

I've never NOT received something on release day, and that's on at least 20 preorders. I live like 20 miles from an Amazon warehouse though so that may have something to do with it. I usually get a shipment notification at 6 am and it is on my doorstep by 2 pm.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wow, harsh. :v:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ObesePriest posted:

So if you check your orders, you can see when the estimated delivery date is. I preordered mine for release date delivery with prime but I checked the other day and the delivery date is Dec 1st. I talked to customer service and they said they are out of stock for the first batch of release date delivery so Dec 1st is the next available date.

Don't know if the same thing happened to you but worth a look

Mine still says "Arriving tomorrow by 8PM", so I'll assume that's still the case! If i don't get tracking info in short order I might cancel and just go digital though.

Traxis posted:

I've never NOT received something on release day, and that's on at least 20 preorders. I live like 20 miles from an Amazon warehouse though so that may have something to do with it. I usually get a shipment notification at 6 am and it is on my doorstep by 2 pm.

that has been my luck also, but I've never gotten anything early either like some folks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

AlphaKretin posted:

Wow, harsh. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Traxis posted:

I will get a shipped notice either tonight or tomorrow morning, and my delivery will say Tuesday by 9 PM until like Thursday morning when it arrives.

One time, 5 years ago I ordered Mortal Kombat 9 and got a package on release day.

The package was a copy of Portal 2 for some reason. So close yet so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I use to get games on release day from Amazon back in the day before every game had a digital version. Now I just buy digitally.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 28, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Visidan posted:

I think the reviews are coming out

Avarage seems to be around 8.5ish, "a bit of a mess but hella fun"

Another proud entry into FF in other words

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I usually buy digital but I have Prime so it's typically worth it for the new release price cut they do. Always got it on time too, says it'll be here tomorrow despite not shipping so who the gently caress knows.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Terper posted:

Avarage seems to be around 8.5ish, "a bit of a mess but hella fun"

Another proud entry into FF in other words

Even though it's not going to get a 90+ metacritic score, it's reviewing better than I thought it would. The game looked like a wreck from e3 to September, especially due to technical issues. The delay and day 0 patches probably saved it from reviewing like Mafia 3.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Has anyones UCE been dispatched yet? SE took my money a month ago (end of Oct) but I've still not had a dispatch notification? (UK here).

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Popular opinion almost never follows review scores anyway. The most important thing about this game's legacy (and Square can forget that 10 million sales figure, that was always a pipe dream) is going to be whether or not it feels good to play. If it's fun to bum around the world and murder wildlife with your bros who you like, people will forgive a lot of other shortcomings.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blackfyre posted:

Has anyones UCE been dispatched yet? SE took my money a month ago (end of Oct) but I've still not had a dispatch notification? (UK here).

The one I failed to cancel has shipped, yes, but I'm in the US.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Spergatory posted:

Popular opinion almost never follows review scores anyway. The most important thing about this game's legacy (and Square can forget that 10 million sales figure, that was always a pipe dream) is going to be whether or not it feels good to play. If it's fun to bum around the world and murder wildlife with your bros who you like, people will forgive a lot of other shortcomings.

Well, those are the best realized and most enjoyable parts of this game, soooooooooo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The reviews are 9's and 8's, gently caress I actually feel ill. I'm shaking so much I barley have the strength to fling my Limited Edition Noctis Figurine into the wastepaper basket.

So does the game unlock for everyone at the same time or do some regions get it later/earlier?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

It honestly sounds pretty drat MGSVy to me. Flawed as hell, but fun despite the flaws.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Spergatory posted:

That's actually what every review has said so far. The story is hot garbage and it has a lot of warts from the insane development but your bros murdering wildlife balances all that out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The 10 million thing was a misquote by kotaku. Tabata put 10 million as a goal but ff15 as a money maker is not gonna bankrupt them or anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly the actual story part of the story sounds bad but the character writing of just them bouncing off each other and hanging out is pretty good from what ive seen

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Visidan posted:

I'm shaking so much I barley have the strength to fling my Limited Edition Noctis Figurine into the wastepaper basket.

Not sure what grain has to do with anything, but okay

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's actually what every review has said so far. The story is hot garbage and it has a lot of warts from the insane development but your bros murdering wildlife balances all that out.

Maybe the story is bad or maybe it isn't but a lot of these reviews are coming from people that played the entire game on a leaked copy they got yesterday so may not be entirely reliable judges on a 40 hour game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Color me unsurprised that the guy who unfucked 2 MMOs has the skills to mechanically turn around a group combat game but not fix the story so it isn't just a thin coat of motivation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

Color me unsurprised that the guy who unfucked 2 MMOs has the skills to mechanically turn around a group combat game but not fix the story so it isn't just a thin coat of motivation.
ff14 has the best story and writing in the series, and ff11's was pretty good too

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Tabata never worked on the MMO's. You're thinking of someone else.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Maybe the story is bad or maybe it isn't but a lot of these reviews are coming from people that played the entire game on a leaked copy they got yesterday so may not be entirely reliable judges on a 40 hour game.

Eurogamer made it to the end and from what they say the game practically pulls a Xenogears Disc 2 in its final act. Guess we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

??? Tabata and Yoshi-P are not the same person

• Locked thread