Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

AtomikKrab posted:

Genos could take a dragon class, if he loving would bother to have some goddamn defense.

genos understands that it's all about looking cool, not winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Tatsumaki is a good hero. She said what I was thinking, I figured Flashy Flash could've ended that sooner. I imagine it's a problem with a lot of heroes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Was that roach guy a dragon class?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

Was that roach guy a dragon class?

No, just a strong demon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drink Top posted:

Tatsumaki is a good hero. She said what I was thinking, I figured Flashy Flash could've ended that sooner. I imagine it's a problem with a lot of heroes.

Tats is interesting since, like a lot of the Hero Association, she's an rear end in a top hat, but unlike them, she's also an amazingly effective world saver and general do-gooder.

She's just a massive jerk while doing good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's one of the few heroes who has earned her sassy attitude.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

She's one of the few heroes who has earned her sassy attitude.

She has though I like the S-Class Tank Top lad so much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think there's actually a big power gap between Tatsumaki and the rest of S class and she doesn't fully understand that Lightspeed Flash couldn't have beaten the squid thing any quicker.

She doesn't get that not all of them are King, who would have owned the squid even quicker than Tatsumaki did, naturally.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think there's actually a big power gap between Tatsumaki and the rest of S class and she doesn't fully understand that Lightspeed Flash couldn't have beaten the squid thing any quicker.

She doesn't get that not all of them are King, who would have owned the squid even quicker than Tatsumaki did, naturally.

Games aren't the only thing that K I N G gets pre-owned.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

S class ranking doesnt really matter.
I mean king is number 7 what kind of bullahit is that

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tatsumaki is the best, behind saitama.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

S class ranking doesnt really matter.
I mean king is number 7 what kind of bullahit is that

It's a mix of power and reliability.

Like, King is the strongest man on Earth, but he's usually doing his own thing when people need him, so he's medium ranked. Child Emperor, meanwhile, is much less powerful but he's always around and that gets him number 5. Tatsumaki is #2 since she's a one woman army who's working pretty much all day every day. Like, her one-shot is her day off... where she's bored within half an hour and she just starts looking for monsters to kill.

I really wonder what Blast's deal is, since he's somehow in the number one spot despite, you know, not ever showing up.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Maybe he doesn't show up because he's working so much?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BLAST is Mumen Rider

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

chiasaur11 posted:

It's a mix of power and reliability.

Like, King is the strongest man on Earth, but he's usually doing his own thing when people need him, so he's medium ranked. Child Emperor, meanwhile, is much less powerful but he's always around and that gets him number 5. Tatsumaki is #2 since she's a one woman army who's working pretty much all day every day. Like, her one-shot is her day off... where she's bored within half an hour and she just starts looking for monsters to kill.

I really wonder what Blast's deal is, since he's somehow in the number one spot despite, you know, not ever showing up.

Tatsumaki is definitely #2 in terms of strength, but yeah rank doesn't necessarily relate to battle strength. You'll get a decent view of how S class works in this arc.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Popularity must count because Genos has done literally nothing but lose and somehow isn't the last rank.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's always a job for jobbers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RatHat posted:

Tatsumaki is definitely #2 in terms of strength, but yeah rank doesn't necessarily relate to battle strength. You'll get a decent view of how S class works in this arc.

I mean, I guess I will if the story would just happen already.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

Popularity must count because Genos has done literally nothing but lose and somehow isn't the last rank.
hey he beat that G4 Robot that wanted to fight King, what the hell are Metal Bat and Tank Top Master doing?

he won't but Metal Bat should prob rank up after that centipede poo poo but Genos is Number 1 in my heart

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

hey he beat that G4 Robot that wanted to fight King, what the hell are Metal Bat and Tank Top Master doing?

he won't but Metal Bat should prob rank up after that centipede poo poo but Genos is Number 1 in my heart

Metal Bat has won all his fights except with Centipede which got interrupted by Garou. :colbert:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Genos only ever fights people stronger than him for some reason, while he himself is crazy strong.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm guessing Genos keeps ranking up because he probably kills a bunch of monsters off-screen, mixed with the fact that even though he loses a lot, he always shows up. He's extremely dependable, and that counts for a lot. Also I think he got primary kill-credit for both the Sea King and the Meteor, since he was the last non-Saitama hero to try to stop both.

It's weird that Metal Bat is so low, though, because he also seems extremely dependable. That guy will do whatever job the association wants, and while he'll gripe the whole time, he'll be there and get it done.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I'm guessing Genos keeps ranking up because he probably kills a bunch of monsters off-screen, mixed with the fact that even though he loses a lot, he always shows up. He's extremely dependable, and that counts for a lot. Also I think he got primary kill-credit for both the Sea King and the Meteor, since he was the last non-Saitama hero to try to stop both.

It's weird that Metal Bat is so low, though, because he also seems extremely dependable. That guy will do whatever job the association wants, and while he'll gripe the whole time, he'll be there and get it done.

He's often busy with his little sister's piano recitals and the like. Means he skips on more minor heroing duties in favor of being a good brother.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Does anyone wonder if King actually does have a power, Like, the ability to cause problems that were gonna happen, and people who can fix them, towards himself? Particularly in ways that make it seem like he is doing it himself?

I know the joke is that it is all sheer dumb luck, but I feel like it would be cool too if some folks in the hero association knew, but also thought he might be like a good luck charm or something.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

thechosenone posted:

Does anyone wonder if King actually does have a power, Like, the ability to cause problems that were gonna happen, and people who can fix them, towards himself? Particularly in ways that make it seem like he is doing it himself?

I know the joke is that it is all sheer dumb luck, but I feel like it would be cool too if some folks in the hero association knew, but also thought he might be like a good luck charm or something.

King's power is, and I say this absolutely sincerely, that he is The Strongest Man in the World.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
You mean everyone cannot help but think that he is?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can fish for spoilers, you can sit back and enjoy what you got, or you can read the ONE version.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I have read up to the most recent chapter in ONE's version and I don't think I understand what you are talking about

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Then look at the epic poo poo he pulls in the battle against the monster organisation.

I can't loving wait for Murat to get to that part.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think the actual joke behind King is really funny and well done, this corpse of a joke everyone in this thread loves to gently caress into the ground is not.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt1ExuzRKrY

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 28, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King is a cool guy who I would play visual novels with. I would imagine you'd hear the King Engine during the big confession scene.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I think Blast is either the father of that kid Saitama saved or the kid himself, who started the hero assossiation and put himself at the top to be cool and better than everyone else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

I think the actual joke behind King is really funny and well done, this corpse of a joke everyone in this thread loves to gently caress into the ground is not.

I think that Mr Satan and King are genuinely the strongest and that your contrarian schtick is bad but neither of us are going to budge!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Man with Hat posted:

I think Blast is either the father of that kid Saitama saved or the kid himself, who started the hero assossiation and put himself at the top to be cool and better than everyone else.
I think that kid's father is the guy who started the hero association, in response to his kid being saved from a monster by an unknown hero.

EDIT: Spoilered because i'm not sure if that has been mentioned in Murata's version yet

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think that Mr Satan and King are genuinely the strongest and that your contrarian schtick is bad but neither of us are going to budge!

please elaborate

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No elaboration needed

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
ok continue to post the same gimmick in every thread then bro

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bisse posted:

I think that kid's father is the guy who started the hero association, in response to his kid being saved from a monster by an unknown hero.

EDIT: Spoilered because i'm not sure if that has been mentioned in Murata's version yet

It has been! I think Man with Hat is saying in addition to that fact that the founder became the hero called BLAST and gave himself the number one ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Number 2 of my favorite Class S members is Genos. Genos's arm is ranked 1 because it's always missing.