Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
When pizza's on a bagel, you can have pizza any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY

i need to get some weed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

the paradigm shift posted:

breakfast food all day long ain't my problem. my problem is getting a decent burger at 7am.

Burger King got you covered

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

I like how the response to fixing a deeply flawed game is just slapping on some basebuilding

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
You know who else needed to get weed? That's right. :godwinning: Adolf Hitelr. :hitler: :godwin: :godwin: :godwinning:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rear end struggle posted:

I like how the response to fixing a deeply flawed game is just slapping on some basebuilding

that's what you do in 2016 i guess. the freighter looks like a really cool mechanic though.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
im afraid if i go out like this someone will accuse me of impersonating crown prince rupperecht of bavaria

stolen valor

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
why did people get mad about no mans sky

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Swan Oat posted:

why did people get mad about no mans sky

because they were bored i guess

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
http://i.imgur.com/N9I0Sv3.gifv

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I don't get mad at games I don't care about being bad

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

rethink this

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i thought the space hype followed by infinite space betrayal was funny

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I live for breakfast.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i looked at the cummy eyebrows tumblr and learned that she came into possession of the toe, which had been amputated like a decade ago. less fun!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rodatose posted:

When pizza's on a bagel, you can have pizza any time

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

really th eonly thing i know about no mans sky is that its about space and that it made a lot of gamers angry, which is why i asked... not trolling v:shobon:v

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

breakfast... is good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

norway's bourgeois government is creaking alarmingly at the seams these days

it's a really strange constellation with the Conservatives and the right-populists being supported by the Christian Democrats and the Liberals in parliament. the latter two are now actively considering withdrawing their confidence in this government in the face of a national budget which basically spits in their face and a series of provocations & ultimatums by the right-populists

interestingly, the Progress Party has decided that they'd rather retain their base support than behave in a way not personally affronting to the people they work with and our minister of integration recently exacarbated the issue by going on a night raid with the police foreign section as they searched for and rounded up illegal immigrants for deportation, despite this not being a part of her portfolio at all

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this, i think, is a misstep which risks making the norwegian right unable to govern for a decade, so it is potentially p. big - Progress Party's line running up to the previous election was that they refused to supply confidence to any government without them - it's going to be difficult to walk that back, and without them there is no realistic parliamentary majority available for the Conservatives unless Labour collapses dramatically

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Swan Oat posted:

really th eonly thing i know about no mans sky is that its about space and that it made a lot of gamers angry, which is why i asked... not trolling v:shobon:v

it was an indie game that got backed by sony and so the hype got really big. because of that, people started talking about it nonstop. and since it's a space game with really lofty goals, it got 10x worse since nerds went hard into it. people argued about it nonstop and being an apologist or a detractor of the game became a defining aspect of peoples lives. before release, every tweet was discussed at length, every second of every video scoured over for evidence for or against. once the game came out, everyone had already determined their side, so there were people who were actually buying the game just to be able to better argue why it was a good or bad game.

it turned out that the trailer and interviews with the developer were really misleading and the game wasn't anywhere near as deep as they said it was, and this caused the heat death of the universe. sa actually had to close the no mans sky thread because of how gamergate tier poo poo the thread was. there were a ton of people posting a good 18 hours a day in the thread arguing the same poo poo over and over, and this repeated itself all over the internet. so in the nerd world, no mans sky was this earth shattering event that worlds revolved around for a several month long period. but if you ignored all that, it was a p fun game to get high with and shoot space duck-dog-bears. which was all it was ever really going to be.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He's liking his Monday.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
my breakfast was a monster energy drink because i literally just got back from a 9 hour drive yesterday and im beat af

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i visibly winced two times during this

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

boy are my arms tired posted:

my breakfast was a monster energy drink because i literally just got back from a 9 hour drive yesterday and im beat af

I like amp energy green.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

it was an indie game that got backed by sony and so the hype got really big. because of that, people started talking about it nonstop. and since it's a space game with really lofty goals, it got 10x worse since nerds went hard into it. people argued about it nonstop and being an apologist or a detractor of the game became a defining aspect of peoples lives. before release, every tweet was discussed at length, every second of every video scoured over for evidence for or against. once the game came out, everyone had already determined their side, so there were people who were actually buying the game just to be able to better argue why it was a good or bad game.

it turned out that the trailer and interviews with the developer were really misleading and the game wasn't anywhere near as deep as they said it was, and this caused the heat death of the universe. sa actually had to close the no mans sky thread because of how gamergate tier poo poo the thread was. there were a ton of people posting a good 18 hours a day in the thread arguing the same poo poo over and over, and this repeated itself all over the internet. so in the nerd world, no mans sky was this earth shattering event that worlds revolved around for a several month long period. but if you ignored all that, it was a p fun game to get high with and shoot space duck-dog-bears. which was all it was ever really going to be.

thank you, this is helpful

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

boy are my arms tired posted:

What flavor?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I am choosing to believe that that white goo at the end is mashed potatoes and not some aioli or something.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Homework Explainer posted:

i visibly winced two times during this

What a coincidence. I wince two times whenever I see one of your posts- first at the username, then at the contents

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So Dylan kliebold is going to defend himself. Seems he just wants to spread his message and prolly harass the witnesses

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gin and Juche posted:

So Dylan kliebold is going to defend himself. Seems he just wants to spread his message and prolly harass the witnesses

hope getting the chair is worth it to him then

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Isn't Dylan Kliebold the columbine guy

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

just because this confused me terribly: you mean Dylann Roof (Dylan Klebold was one the two Columbine guys who shot himself)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
loving dylans

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Tiler Kiwi posted:

loving dylans

when are we gonna talk about the dylan problem in this country

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hope getting the chair is worth it to him then

death row is arguably a nicer life than the one he had prior

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The ideology eater posted:

when are we gonna talk about the dylan problem in this country
Call me a victim blamer but IMO we just have to give them enough space to spit their hot fire.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Muppets On PCP posted:

death row is arguably a nicer life than the one he had prior

regardless acting as your own lawyer is idiotic especially when its a death sentence case

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Is it federal? He could be relying on a Trump pardon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

regardless acting as your own lawyer is idiotic especially when its a death sentence case

sure if your goal is to avoid a death sentence

• Locked thread