Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Westbrook is going to average a triple double for the season and not win MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
https://stats.nba.com just got completely redesigned. It should become available to everyone in the next few minutes. Hope you all enjoy it.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jota posted:

Cherry Garcia is the Robert Covington of flavors

If Robert Covington was a flavor, he'd be poop because he stinks

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

paternity suitor posted:

If Robert Covington was a flavor, he'd be poop because he stinks

Thanks for agreeing that he's Cherry Garcia :mrapig:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

Thanks for agreeing that he's Cherry Garcia :mrapig:

He's shooting like poop, but he's been incredible on defense this year.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Boogie is hitting almost 40% from 3? :stare:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Nicholas posted:

https://stats.nba.com just got completely redesigned. It should become available to everyone in the next few minutes. Hope you all enjoy it.

Gets the official dokmo seal of approval. Good work.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dude, Cherry Garcia is like a one flavor substitution away from a The Process flavored ice cream

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Nicholas posted:

This is great, I love it. Lots of fun stuff here. Pau Gasol scores 42.6% of his points from midrange! Kyrie is the international leader in points per game at 24.8! Klay Thompson is not only good at threes, he shoots 51.8% from mid-range as well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Carlosologist posted:

Boogie is hitting almost 40% from 3? :stare:

Over 40% buddy. :getin:

https://twitter.com/James_Ham/status/803077226820313088

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

A lot of US presidents never attended college. Some barely had any formal education.

We are past the point where that should happen again. The only President that didn't attend college and had access to atomic weapons used them.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Spacebump posted:

We are past the point where that should happen again. The only President that didn't attend college and had access to atomic weapons used them.

Lebron has a college education though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

One miss was on a shot clock expiring heave and the other some half court end of the quarter whatever. Stretch 5.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lebron and Russ are going to average triple doubles and some gently caress is going to give Jimmy Butler a first place MVP vote.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/SheaSerrano/status/803066652170522624

DLeague special

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

#7 for Iowa Energy, according to the internet, is Wayne Seldon, Kansas dude.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spoeank posted:

How in the world does Hakeem not sniff that list

That was a list of players with 0-9 in the five major categories. He has way too many games with 10+ stat lines.

straight up brolic posted:

that list is incorrect because Steve Kerr has 46 career blocks.

Quintuple Single is PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK

BBR disabled the ability to search 4+ stat ranges with a minimum and maximum value like that.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Lebron has a college education though

:lol:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

BWV posted:

Lebron and Russ are going to average triple doubles and some gently caress is going to give Jimmy Butler a first place MVP vote.
Butler's having a crazy good season, and even still I doubt that he would get more than token consideration if competition is as strong as it has been.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

He attended colleges but did not graduate. Are you saying college graduates won't use nuclear weapons? US presidents have overseen over 1,000 nuclear tests.

Lockback posted:

Stolen from Reddit but it shocked me enough.

Nik Stauskus is currently 5th in the league in TS% at 65.8%. He's also 4th in eFG%.

One week ago he was #1 in TS%.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

He attended colleges but did not graduate. Are you saying college graduates won't use nuclear weapons? US presidents have overseen over 1,000 nuclear tests.

I should have phrased that differently. Tests and using them in war are very different.

How many wins do people think the Mavs will have by the end of the season? I think it's hard to say now but everyone coming back is going to ruin their pick. I wish Dirk was allowed to shoot 30 shots every game after he comes back/gets healthier.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 28, 2016

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Spacebump posted:

I should have phrased that differently. Tests and using them in war are very different.

How many wins do people think the Mavs will have by the end of the season? I think it's hard to say now but everyone coming back is going to ruin their pick. I wish Dirk was allowed to shoot 30 shots every game after he comes back/gets healthier.

I'd say around 30, but who knows really.

I guess Dirk passed Timmy on the all time Minutes Played list. I really hope he can get to 30,000 points.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
#144-#307 on these three pages appear to be the instances of a pure Quintsingle (1FG 1AST 1TRB 1BLK 1STL):
http://www.basketball-reference.com...sc=Y&offset=100 --
http://www.basketball-reference.com...sc=Y&offset=200
http://www.basketball-reference.com...sc=Y&offset=300
if someone wants to compile those names/frequencies

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I've never had Ben & Jerry's ice cream in my entire life, but you guys are passionate about it, so I will check out their website now and report back with my informed opinion which one is the best flavor based on looking at words on my monitor.

Edit: gently caress, they have a lot of flavors. This will take a couple of minutes.

Edit 2: the fact that there's plain Vanilla after stuff like Cadmium-Cheesecake-Elderberry made me laugh.

Edit 3 + 4: I'll go with Chunky Monkey Salted Caramel Core. They had me at "salt".

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 28, 2016

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lol bunch of plebs in this thread that haven't even tasted gin ice cream. But the real answer really is salted caramel core.

Also I've finally managed to watch some wolves games and they just...aren't very good which is disappointing. Wiggins seems to be inconsistent,Dunn is struggling to adapt and you would think that shabbaz and Aldrich would at least be productive bench players.thank god for ty and deng.their bench should really be better than it actually is.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Aldridge is playing reasonably well (just saw his usage is only 9.5%, that needs to get better), but him and Tyus are the only useful bench players and Tyus is buried. Shabazz has been bad, and Dunn is really struggling offensively to adjust (his defense has been pretty good). Adrien Payne has been pleasantly better but still pretty bad.

But yeah, the team is still not working well defensively overall.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Lol bunch of plebs in this thread that haven't even tasted gin ice cream. But the real answer really is salted caramel core.

Also I've finally managed to watch some wolves games and they just...aren't very good which is disappointing. Wiggins seems to be inconsistent,Dunn is struggling to adapt and you would think that shabbaz and Aldrich would at least be productive bench players.thank god for ty and deng.their bench should really be better than it actually is.

Deng?

e: Dieng. Gotcha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Since apparently y'all don't like Cool and Good dunks anymore maybe this will be more up your alley

https://streamable.com/7dgu

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

I had a fever fugue state and I totally saw the future and Portland is trading for nerlens Noel

I could not what they were sending back as I was awoken early by someone knocking at my door.

I could actually see this happening. A first and crabbes bad contract for Nerlens.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Everyone knows custard is far superior to ice cream.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Give me Flan or give me death

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
At least we can all agree that macarons are well-marketed and pretty-looking trash

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

I could actually see this happening. A first and crabbes bad contract for Nerlens.

God I hope that's not the deal. Portland will probably hold out for Ezeli to get healthy a bit longer and also Leonard, Crabbe and Harkless can't be moved until Jan 14th.

If things don't get better by then everyone except Lillard is available.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

roundmidnight posted:

At least we can all agree that macarons are well-marketed and pretty-looking trash

Wait, the coconut bullshit or the amazing french cookie sandwich things?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

God I hope that's not the deal. Portland will probably hold out for Ezeli to get healthy a bit longer and also Leonard, Crabbe and Harkless can't be moved until Jan 14th.

Ezeli might have long term problems with his knee.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It's been a month and Portland already desperately needs to get out of either the Crabbe or Turner deal. Even if the team is playing slightly better, this fact will not change.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Man, gently caress LeBron.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Ezeli might have long term problems with his knee.

Yeah I know, but Portland will wait a little longer. You gotta at least wait for the powerball drawing before buying a ticket to the next powerball.

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's been a month and Portland already desperately needs to get out of either the Crabbe or Turner deal. Even if the team is playing slightly better, this fact will not change.

Neither player can be traded right now. Most teams try to avoid selling low if they can help it and dumping either player prior to the trade deadline would be selling at the lowest of lows. Also while Portland has a ton of salary committed but they are only $7m in the tax this year and aren't repeat offenders. And finally the Blazers have had a tough schedule so far and are still in the playoff race. All those factors mean they are going to wait.

On the bright side Turner has looked a little better with 13.8/3/3 on 50% shooting last 5 games.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Anybody who watched the Portland game last night witnessed some historically terrible defense.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Time posted:

Players I would draft ahead of Lebron

Hakeem Olajuwon
Robert Horry
Mario Ellie
Vernon Maxwell
Otis Thorpe

All time draft, no knowledge of post-draft career

1. David Robinson
2. Shaq
3. Wilt
4. Lebron
5. Dion Waiters (the Cavs picked 5th)

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, the coconut bullshit or the amazing french cookie sandwich things?

Macaron are the bullshit french meringue things. Macaroons are the amazing coconut things.

Chubby hubby is the best Ben and Jerry's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Anybody who watched the Portland game last night witnessed some historically terrible defense.

Looks like last year's Pelican defense.

• Locked thread