Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Seltzer posted:

You got away with robbery then, nice. He's already down to 80k. There is a chance he could go up if they release a "team of the group stage" like they did last year but there's not point in playing around waiting for that. I made bank off buying silvers for the qualification tournament. basically 2.5k off every single card, completely simple stuff. It's just a small waiting game.

To be honest I was an idiot and should have sold him when he had that one goal a couple weeks back and got out of it. May pick more of him up when his price tanks again.

Exactly - such an easy way to invest and just sit until the demand spikes up.

How much cash you guys have going into Black Friday? If I discard all my movember cards I'll be sitting on about 850k. Not sure if I should make two decent teams or one super team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'll have about 85k, but I'm buying Martial and Kante for sure already so call it around half that in reality, gonna look at picking up Naingollan for my Serie A team probably and that's about it.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I underpriced my silver dudes I guess! Bought most for 250-350 and then had like 15 get BIN'd at 1300 on my last cycle. Better up the price!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I underpriced my silver dudes I guess! Bought most for 250-350 and then had like 15 get BIN'd at 1300 on my last cycle. Better up the price!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Forgot to say but I had a crazy game on Monday, after the weekend league I left myself in seasons in div 1 at 11 points with 3 games left so that I thought I could easily qualify for this week before I left for the week for the holiday. First game I was up 1-0 and the guy tied it in the last 5 mins, so that was basically a loss. Next game I somehow lost 5-4 which is crazy since that's both 3 times as many goals as I normally score and concede on average. Last game I go up 1-0 in the first ten minutes, then the guy scores just before halftime. I'm near the end of the game and I have to leave like 20 mins after this, if I don't qualify in this game I won't be able to at all because of the early start on Friday now, and our forums friend IF Modeste manages to score for me in the 90th minute. In terms of potential reward probably the most important goal I've had this year for sure.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Nice! I had a pretty sweet game to move up to the next division. Was up 1-0 with like 2 minutes left and my opponents crosses the ball into my box. Ball bounces around for a bit and falls to my CB. I mash square about 6 times and he just sits there and doesn't do anything. At least 3 real life seconds go by and my opponent steals the ball and shoots it past my goalie to tie the game.

I really love the reality aspect of this game. Like, it's kind of arcadey, but it does take into account the real life possibility of one of my defenders going into cardiac arrest while staying upright in his own 6 yard box. Not many other sports game can claim that level of realism.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Flash SBCs tomorrow - this is going to be nuts.

Also I'm so happy I loaded up on Movember cards - there will be something tomorrow for sure.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Movember cards will almost certainly be necessary. You could make bank if you predict how they'll be used most likely. They're all sitting at discard so there's no risk. I bought a few and packed two so I'm set. Got a couple cheap IFs in case they might be needed as well. Also I finally gave Cavani a run out and wow, he's really really good. I know he's 85 rated but the face card stats don't look great. In game he's a monster though, great runs and finishing. Also I dropped 45k on Bolasie and it was definitely worth it. He's a super fun player. The only downside is I hate PL squads so I'll have to make a hybrid using Lukaku eventually. I'm currently using him with Bakambu.

It's always a good idea to buy some of the premiere totw players during a big pack opening crash so I'm looking at picking up Luiz or possibly Toure. Sokratis will be my budget buy if I don't get one of the other two. BTW Toure got a huge boost and looks great, it's crazy to me that Pogba is ~100k more when IF Toure edges him out in the places that matter (imo). I like skills but they're far from necessary on a CM.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 25, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Movember cards will almost certainly be necessary. You could make bank if you predict how they'll be used most likely. They're all sitting at discard so there's no risk. I bought a few and packed two so I'm set. Got a couple cheap IFs in case they might be needed as well. Also I finally gave Cavani a run out and wow, he's really really good. I know he's 85 rated but the face card stats don't look great. In game he's a monster though, great runs and finishing. Also I dropped 45k on Bolasie was definitely worth it. He's a super fun player. The only downside is I hate PL squads so I'll have to make a hybrid using Lukaku eventually. I'm currently using him with Bakambu.

It's always a good idea to buy some of the premiere totw players during a big pack opening crash so I'm looking at picking up Luiz or possibly Toure. Sokratis will be my budget buy if I don't get one of the other two. BTW Toure got a huge boost and looks great, it's crazy to me that Pogba is ~100k more when IF Toure edges him out in the places that matter (imo). I like skills but they're far from necessary on a CM.

Yeah exactly but with them being lightening rounds I'll have to be quick to unload them all as well. I bought loads of German movember cards and even bought some of the non rare German cards to fill the gaps (like Jantschke). My guess is there will be ones where you will need a high number of movember cards (guessing 8) and fill the rest with nons but get a high chemistry.

I'm the same - I like my CMs to be strong with decent passing and high stamina and decent long shots. I leave my CAM/winger/striker to have the pace, skills, finishing, etc.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Black Friday is here! The 'crash' seemed to have really happened on Monday, as the market seems to be rising today. Anyways I'm sitting on 150k and will buy a new squad probably on Monday. For now I'm enjoying these flash SBC's.

Just got the Unicorn kit for dirty cheap,

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

Black Friday is here! The 'crash' seemed to have really happened on Monday, as the market seems to be rising today. Anyways I'm sitting on 150k and will buy a new squad probably on Monday. For now I'm enjoying these flash SBC's.

Just got the Unicorn kit for dirty cheap,

The black friday hype has been poo poo so far. I don't buy packs so I don't care about that. I don't want a unicorn kit either and I will refuse to play anyone with one. It just screams musa + dabbing. Stuff is going up because of weekend league. Monday will be the cheapest when people sell off + I think they do cyber monday stuff. I'm just gonna pick up IFs from this TOTW and hold on. Toure and David Luiz's prices are already a lot lower than I expected.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I bought a bunch of off-nation silvers from the main leagues(bundesliga, LaLiga, Ligue 1, Serie A) for 150-250 coins before the unicorn SBC and flipped them for anything between 1500 and 4000 coins. It was crazy. Tons of panic buying for the 1 hour slot, people throwing teams together and realizing, "oh crap, I need a silver CB from bundesliga from a bizarre nation, oooh, here's a Jamaican guy I better BIN for 3000". I had probably a half dozen silvers sell for 4k after buying them for 250 less than 30 minutes prior.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Dammit - I think I lost my investment bet. I figured they would do something with informs or with the movember cards. Should have bought more close to discard informs.

Also I was anticipating a crash and now I'm wondering if one will actually happen (or if we saw the crash already).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hey so the untradeable inform sbc is pretty cool, got inform David Luiz.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Hey so the untradeable inform sbc is pretty cool, got inform David Luiz.

Debating whether I should do this one or use my high rated players for the tradeable TOTW one. I have the tradeable one ready to turn in and I got away with it using all players in my club including a 10k gold in form and a 6 k silver. It seems like a much better value move imo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I did both like a moron and packed that midget argentine CAM in the totw 10 pack. FFS. Holding onto the tradeable pack for next week.

e- Just saw these are repeatable and I could've just done the TOTW tradeable twice. gently caress sake. Now I wont be able to get any of my 83 rated players back for 3 days now. Excellent.

e2- Jermaine Defoe cost me 15k and with architect he's awesome.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 26, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Weekend league 1-1 game. 90th minute and we can't have a draw! Here, lets see how my gold goal keeper decided to react.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I have similar issues with my pro club defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96AuDI08Zg4

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't play many this weekend, but went 18-7, % wise I think that's my best week so far!

Also got gold average for the month so maybe I'll get something cool

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I had a good weekend as well, 21-15.

I was 21-13 and thought well if I can win 4 of my last 6 I can get to gold 1 but then immediately lost two games in a row in lovely fashion and was like haha nevermind.

I missed the first weekend unfortunately so no gold monthly for me, which sucks, but oh well.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I played three games in divisions yesterday. 1-1, 2-2, 2-2, 2-1. Most frustrating night of fifa in my life. The first three games I got scored on after the 85th minute to tie the game. Last game I got scored on in the 90th minute, then I scored in the 93rd minute to win.

I have trouble creating good scoring chances, I normally have much better passing/control than my opponents, but just don't get enough good looks on goal. The last two games were better, especially after I switched formations. Currently running 4-3-3(5) BPL and Serie A squads.

code:
POTM Son   Slimani    POTM Sterling
          Eriksen            Rooney 
             Schneiderlin
Azpilicueta   Koscielny  Jagielka   Bellerin
code:
Insigne       Immobile        Candreva/Salah
         Hamsik          Parolo
                  De  Rossi
Sandro    Koulibaly      Manolas     Abate

Any tips? I tend to play down the wings quite a bit, and I'm getting better at switching it up as I'm running down. Cut in early/late, fake cut in then head towards the corner. I've found that is pretty effective. Also having better luck the last few games playing the ball to my ST and having him one touch pass backwards to a CM, which opens things up a bit.

Also, Koulibaly is an absolute beast. I thought about upgrading to Chiellini or something but Kouli is just amazing.

Edit: Anyone on PS4 from the US want to play a match sometime? I'd like to play against someone who is legit good at the game to try and learn something :).

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

DoctaFun posted:

I played three games in divisions yesterday. 1-1, 2-2, 2-2, 2-1. Most frustrating night of fifa in my life. The first three games I got scored on after the 85th minute to tie the game. Last game I got scored on in the 90th minute, then I scored in the 93rd minute to win.

I have trouble creating good scoring chances, I normally have much better passing/control than my opponents, but just don't get enough good looks on goal. The last two games were better, especially after I switched formations. Currently running 4-3-3(5) BPL and Serie A squads.

code:
POTM Son   Slimani    POTM Sterling
          Eriksen            Rooney 
             Schneiderlin
Azpilicueta   Koscielny  Jagielka   Bellerin
code:
Insigne       Immobile        Candreva/Salah
         Hamsik          Parolo
                  De  Rossi
Sandro    Koulibaly      Manolas     Abate

Any tips? I tend to play down the wings quite a bit, and I'm getting better at switching it up as I'm running down. Cut in early/late, fake cut in then head towards the corner. I've found that is pretty effective. Also having better luck the last few games playing the ball to my ST and having him one touch pass backwards to a CM, which opens things up a bit.

Also, Koulibaly is an absolute beast. I thought about upgrading to Chiellini or something but Kouli is just amazing.

Edit: Anyone on PS4 from the US want to play a match sometime? I'd like to play against someone who is legit good at the game to try and learn something :).

If you can afford him Kante is by far the best defensive midfielder in the game imo

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you can afford him Kante is by far the best defensive midfielder in the game imo

Seriously, I know it's "lame" to use the players everyone else does but when even the pros who have stacked full inform ronaldo/neymar/bale teams are still finding ways to fit him in He's Probably Pretty Good.

e: Also, Matic over Schneiderlin by far, in my opinion.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

Seriously, I know it's "lame" to use the players everyone else does but when even the pros who have stacked full inform ronaldo/neymar/bale teams are still finding ways to fit him in He's Probably Pretty Good.

e: Also, Matic over Schneiderlin by far, in my opinion.

Someone told me to play Fernandinho but I refer Matic tbh.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Any tips?

I found the 433(5) to be terrible for me, which is disappointing because it was one of my go to formations the past two years. This year the midfield gets too jumbled and the wingers don't make the deep runs which is what made the formation good years prior The best 433s variants this year are the 433(4) and 433. That being said 433s are "worse" than narrow formations this year, specifically the 41212(2). Dribbling is too easy to snuff out this year and crossing sucks again post patch which really obviously neutralizes the strengths of a 433. I'm stubborn and find the narrow formations boring so I still use 433s a lot but it's taken a lot the make them really efficient. A good compromise is the 4321. It gives you some more compactness but still lets you play with wingers + dribbling. The wingers go on more dangerous runs towards goal as well. I usually plop a good CDM in the center slot in that formation or a good box to box player like Nainggolan. Kante would work well there.

In your first team your CMs are too weak/lovely defensively. Your second team looks good aside from the formation.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

DoctaFun posted:

i'll play you bud

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

Someone told me to play Fernandinho but I refer Matic tbh.

I'm running Matic/Dembele/Kante right now and holy poo poo is it good. They're all actually decent-ish on the attack but incredibly overwhelmingly good on defense. I've got Son/Musa (I'm such a piece of poo poo)/Martial up front now, with inform David Luiz and Smalling at CB and I think I only lost 3 games of the ~15 I played with it this weekend.

Weirdly the paceyness of the attack isn't even usually what gets me goals, but the threat of sweaty play opens up a lot of room because people see it and are so focused on dealing with the pace that they neglect other parts of defending.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Thanks for the advice dudes, I'll fiddle with my formation/players a bit to see if it helps. I'd be ecstatic if a simple change in team makeup makes things click a bit, I"m worried that it might be more the indian than the arrow though.

Seltzer posted:

I found the 433(5) to be terrible for me, which is disappointing because it was one of my go to formations the past two years. This year the midfield gets too jumbled and the wingers don't make the deep runs which is what made the formation good years prior The best 433s variants this year are the 433(4) and 433. That being said 433s are "worse" than narrow formations this year, specifically the 41212(2). Dribbling is too easy to snuff out this year and crossing sucks again post patch which really obviously neutralizes the strengths of a 433. I'm stubborn and find the narrow formations boring so I still use 433s a lot but it's taken a lot the make them really efficient. A good compromise is the 4321. It gives you some more compactness but still lets you play with wingers + dribbling. The wingers go on more dangerous runs towards goal as well. I usually plop a good CDM in the center slot in that formation or a good box to box player like Nainggolan. Kante would work well there.

In your first team your CMs are too weak/lovely defensively. Your second team looks good aside from the formation.

Interesting, 'narrow' formations always seemed to scare me off, but I'll have to try one. I will say that I've been able to work the ball out of my own end with the 4-3-3(5) pretty effectively. It seems the fullback-> wing -> cm -> wing(I think that's it at least) combination usually allows a pacy winger to catch a pretty deep through ball along the side line. My problem is making anything happen from there.

Meanwhile, when I am able to build through the middle and use the sole striker as a target man, he can distribute the ball back to a CM and they have options(beat a defender 1:1, play Striker/winger through on goal). I just get too excited and make a dumb pass most of the time. Now that I think about that, a narrow formation would probably help encourage that type of build up wouldn't it?

I'm currently hoarding coins right now for no real reason, I don't plan on splurging on a TOTY player or anything I don't think. But I have 400k and continuing to build. Kind of want to throw a bruiser team together, like a full team of fat dudes from 'Ice Hockey':
code:
Benteke Lukaku
     Rooney
  Kante  Toure
      Matic
Maybe replace Benteke with Sterling(on 6 chem) in the 2nd half for some pace.

Don't want to blow my wad all at once so to speak though. It's so much easier to make coins when you have a bit of a bankroll.

vivisectvnv posted:

i'll play you bud

My psn is PhilTickelson, send me a friend request! Hoping to jump on tonight if I have time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Interesting, 'narrow' formations always seemed to scare me off, but I'll have to try one. I will say that I've been able to work the ball out of my own end with the 4-3-3(5) pretty effectively. It seems the fullback-> wing -> cm -> wing(I think that's it at least) combination usually allows a pacy winger to catch a pretty deep through ball along the side line. My problem is making anything happen from there.

Meanwhile, when I am able to build through the middle and use the sole striker as a target man, he can distribute the ball back to a CM and they have options(beat a defender 1:1, play Striker/winger through on goal). I just get too excited and make a dumb pass most of the time. Now that I think about that, a narrow formation would probably help encourage that type of build up wouldn't it?

Narrow formations are good because passing is so easy this year, the passing vision cone is larger, and interceptions are really lovely (Only Kante, Sanches, and legends can intercept well basically). If you use two strikers with 70+ vision and short passing you'll see how good narrow formations can be. As I said I stick to 433s because it's more fun. I actually just qualified for weekend league first time of asking today using 433s and no counter attack. I'm making it a point to get good playing without counter attack because it's way more fun. I actually scored a nice goal with Clichy the second game. The fullback play not on counter attack is so much better. I'm just going to need to invest in some awesome CDMs/Fast CBs to save my rear end if I continue to play like this. Also I'll say this again, IF Jermaine Defoe is awesome. Best shooting I've used yet and he's sturdy on the ball with good passing with architect applied. The only things that let him down are his height and ball control everything else is great.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm still using 41212 wide and doing fine, you don't have to use narrow formations necessarily but yeah they're pretty good and better on defense I think

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Make that 5 games in a row where my opponent ties it up after the 80th minute :suicide:. 11 shots to 1, draw. gently caress.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
loving A Hummels got an IF, my untradeable OTW Hummels finally pays off!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

loving A Hummels got an IF, my untradeable OTW Hummels finally pays off!

Nice, I completely forgot that he got a OTW. This TOTW is full of players I'm interested in. IF Wener is Esswein mk.2. Cavani's nif was so awesome for me I can't imagine how the SIF will be. He's the most criminally underused card every single year. I'm going to get IF Marquinos and Sow to play at ST. I'm actually thinking of whenever I make my final money squad during TOTY that I might go Ligue 1 instead of Serie A this time. Ligue 1 has so much value, especially in IFs. The range of players isn't as great but Cavani alone can carry a team in any formation (2 strikers or one).

e- They better do something with the movember cards tomorrow.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

No Movember SBC lol. Those trash cards will be clogging the trade lists til next year. I'm gonna hold onto to Fletcher, Gustavo, and Bellarabi though as the boosts are good on them and they're top cards to me. I can always discard when I want. Speaking Movember Fletcher, I use him for my Scotland team and the POTM nominees just rolled out including Matt Phillips. I really want him to win for obvious reasons and think he should based on merit. I think the only other contender is Costa. Luckily the fan vote only accounts for 10% of the final in the process EA uses.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Blimpkin is cut from Parmos if he can't do this as goalie in the next 10 games

https://www.facebook.com/slashfootballuk/videos/1355989774420341/

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

Blimpkin is cut from Parmos if he can't do this as goalie in the next 10 games

https://www.facebook.com/slashfootballuk/videos/1355989774420341/

I dunno man, that get schwifty goal video was pretty epic.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I've had a really good streak of pack luck lately. Got two packs from an offline draft, first pack had Firmino/Coman/Azpilicueta, next pack had Benzema! Then I did two of the MM SBCs and got IF Marquinhos, which is the first IF player I've ever gotten out of a pack.

I really need to get a Ligue 1 team started, got Thiago Silva and Ben Arfa as untradeables from gold upgrades earlier...

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
GET GOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFEwUk9DgY

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I finally got Sanches for like 4k. The card is broken it's such a joke. He's in exactly the right place offensively and defensively every time. The only things he is bad at is finishing and heading. That being said he scores longshots and can slot chances in ok up close. If you put Nainggolans stats on his card I'd believe it. He dumped Castro out of my midfield real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sanches is good but much like Ramires he's just a touch too poo poo on the ball. I wanted try Castro IF but he's completely extinct on PC.

• Locked thread