Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

That's awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You have articulated 10mm vehicles with moving parts, shading, gradients, and edge highlighting, i really don't think that's fair on the rest of us

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

berzerkmonkey posted:

I asked this in the 40K thread, but it's likely going to get swallowed up.

Does anyone know if KR does a Black Friday sale in the US? If so, what does it usually entail?

They just tweeted the announcement that their Black Friday sale will be done through their eBay store starting tonight.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Horace-Noah posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Dry fitted him together so I could get a good look at poses. Really pleased with how he's turning out. Thought "this'll be stupid" when I made him pop a wheelie, but I've now come over to the "no this is actually badass and good" train of thought.

I'd really like to figure out a good way to make his mace stand out a bit more as it's supposed to be a one of a kind relic.

This guy's dope! Thanks for sharing. Maybe a purity seal/streamer from the shaft of the mace would help with that?

Fyrbrand posted:

This owns really hard and makes me wish I still cared about 40k.
:respek:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

You have articulated 10mm vehicles with moving parts, shading, gradients, and edge highlighting, i really don't think that's fair on the rest of us

That'd be a decent job of painting at 28mm.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Don't forget OSL on 10mm infantry :gonk:

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Speaking of OSL :v:

(also thanks y'all)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

PantsOptional posted:

They just tweeted the announcement that their Black Friday sale will be done through their eBay store starting tonight.

Must have only been the UK store, since the US Ebay store has no sales I can find.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It was. I managed to pick up an aluminum case for pretty cheap even considering the shipping cost.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anyone know what yellow/brown set would make the body of this model? I need a couple more yellows/browns anyway so I don't mind if it's something I don't have yet!

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Haven't painted in a few years, hoping to work through some dusty backlog. Oh, and Bistromatic, that is really nice.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
I recently fell off the road to recovery and have gotten into warhammer 30k, as part of my recovery I had sold my airbrush stuff. However now I need new stuff so i get to spend money!
I got a badger patriot 105 since they are very durable should do what I need. However I now have roommates who said that if i run the compressor i just got all night they will legitimately kill me, so I need suggestions for a silent or nearly silent air compressor that wont be oppressively expensive.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ezekiel_980 posted:

I recently fell off the road to recovery and have gotten into warhammer 30k, as part of my recovery I had sold my airbrush stuff. However now I need new stuff so i get to spend money!
I got a badger patriot 105 since they are very durable should do what I need. However I now have roommates who said that if i run the compressor i just got all night they will legitimately kill me, so I need suggestions for a silent or nearly silent air compressor that wont be oppressively expensive.

I dont know how much PSI your airbrush needs, but this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KNBVM4?psc=1

is 60bux and has done pretty well for me. I do a lot of airbrushing on the back porch because its well ventilated, usually at night, and I haven't been arrested for disturbing the peace yet so I must be doing something right.

It also comes in an airbrush combo for 30 more bux; it's a badger knockoff, I've taken it apart for cleaning before and the build is very simple and sturdy (as you'd expect from an actual badger airbrush), definitely a nice pickup if you want to be able to run two color jobs at a time before cleaning.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Neurolimal posted:

I dont know how much PSI your airbrush needs, but this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KNBVM4?psc=1

is 60bux and has done pretty well for me. I do a lot of airbrushing on the back porch because its well ventilated, usually at night, and I haven't been arrested for disturbing the peace yet so I must be doing something right.

It also comes in an airbrush combo for 30 more bux; it's a badger knockoff, I've taken it apart for cleaning before and the build is very simple and sturdy (as you'd expect from an actual badger airbrush), definitely a nice pickup if you want to be able to run two color jobs at a time before cleaning.

Is that just on sale for the holiday or is it usually 60bux?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Most of the compressors on Amazon are relabeled Master TC series, and I have one of those. I run it a lot and unless someone is in the same room with me they can't hear it. It's less loud than my air conditioner.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Most compressors are pretty quiet but some do vibrate so you can hear them through floors even if they aren't loud from a decibel standpoint. Just avoid those Iwata ninja ones, I've known like five people who have burned through those things in the past year, they are real lovely.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

goodness posted:

Is that just on sale for the holiday or is it usually 60bux?

Looks like my combo set was 80 bux and that was like half a year ago, so yeah that looks to be the normal-ish price.

Here's the set I got, since the other ones a diff brand:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TO578Q/

Another nice bonus is that it already comes with all the little recommended accessories; airbrush holder, quick release cap, and a pressure regulator.

If I sound like a shill at this point, its just because I was that impressed that what is essentially a 20 dollar airbrush works so well and is so resillient.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 27, 2016

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Neurolimal posted:

Looks like my combo set was 80 bux and that was like half a year ago, so yeah that looks to be the normal-ish price.

Here's the set I got, since the other ones a diff brand:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TO578Q/

Another nice bonus is that it already comes with all the little recommended accessories; airbrush holder, quick release cap, and a pressure regulator.

If I sound like a shill at this point, its just because I was that impressed that what is essentially a 20 dollar airbrush works so well and is so resillient.

They are OK airbrushes the main problem is that they don't stand up to disassembly at all and it's super easy to bend needles so you need to take paranoid good care of them. I have three airbrushes these days, a Paasche Talon, H&S Infinity and a Veda. The first two are amazing brushes but I still use the Veda all the time for doing bitch work. The Veda WD180 is a very decent brush for how cheap it is (usually under 40).

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Most compressors are pretty quiet but some do vibrate so you can hear them through floors even if they aren't loud from a decibel standpoint. Just avoid those Iwata ninja ones, I've known like five people who have burned through those things in the past year, they are real lovely.

I had picked up a iwata silver jet but it's fairly loud in the room and I could hear it in the adjoining room with the door closed, my roommate and her cat were giving me death stares so they didn't approve. Obviously a silentaire would be ideal but I'm hesitant to drop $500 for one, something that you can talk over without having to raise ones voice would be what I'm looking for. I'm tempted to go the air tank route although I would have to lug it out to get it refilled.

Edit

I think most of the noise was vibration related so something with better isolators/dampeners may work better.

Anyone here have any experience this this particular compressor? I have one of those handy 50% off coupons so 180 might be something I can stomach.

http://www.michaels.com/10219133.html#q=compressor&start=1

Scored a Silentaire Supersilent 20A with a badger 150 on ebay for 200 with shipping, i think that will work.

Shrieking Muppet fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 27, 2016

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Thinking of upping my airbrush game. Right now, I've got a Badger 360 that's in somewhat rough shape (former makeup brush) with a recently-replaced needle and a spare detail needle nozzle.

One thing that's bugged me is the small paint cup - while it's good for quick work, terrain/batch priming gets a bit annoying. I've tried using external reservoirs thanks to the 360's design, but it can get a bit spattery at times.

I think a Patriot might be a good option, as I'm mostly using the airbrush for larger projects and the occasional detailing, plus the spare parts should work just fine in it.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Painted the first player for the Marienburg Manglers

Just have to wait for some new basing material to arrive.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

El Estrago Bonito posted:

They are OK airbrushes the main problem is that they don't stand up to disassembly at all and it's super easy to bend needles so you need to take paranoid good care of them. I have three airbrushes these days, a Paasche Talon, H&S Infinity and a Veda. The first two are amazing brushes but I still use the Veda all the time for doing bitch work. The Veda WD180 is a very decent brush for how cheap it is (usually under 40).

Serious question: How do you guys manage to bend your needles? I've never had a needle bent - are you dropping your brushes?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

berzerkmonkey posted:

Serious question: How do you guys manage to bend your needles? I've never had a needle bent - are you dropping your brushes?

I've only ever bent one needle and its because the brush fell out of its holder and onto a cement floor.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Does anyone have a guide they like for speed painting zombies? Between the new Walking Dead game, Zombicide and Black Plague I have more of them to paint than I would like to count. I recall someone on here mentioning they paint zombies at a rate of about one every 6 minutes when doing them in batch and just curious what people are doing differently than me.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

nesbit37 posted:

Does anyone have a guide they like for speed painting zombies? Between the new Walking Dead game, Zombicide and Black Plague I have more of them to paint than I would like to count. I recall someone on here mentioning they paint zombies at a rate of about one every 6 minutes when doing them in batch and just curious what people are doing differently than me.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxm7Y0IJ10U There's a series, so you should get some good ideas, most of which will apply to the modern Zombicide sets as well.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

I could see bending the needle during re-assembly; sometimes the guide doesnt do a perfect job of lining the needle up and you have to woggle around to find the hole. I imagine hitting the walls of the brush could do a number on the tip.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Badger Patriots are on lightning deal sale on Amazon, sixty USian dollars.

E: not anymore!

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 28, 2016

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

grassy gnoll posted:

I have an Iwata HP-CS. Would this be worth buying or no?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

berzerkmonkey posted:

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxm7Y0IJ10U There's a series, so you should get some good ideas, most of which will apply to the modern Zombicide sets as well.

Thanks, I should have guessed dipping (more or less) would be one way to do it. Think I'll give it a shot.

Also, while I am at it, might as well cross post my oath complete post for November here. I didn't have the space to set up my lightbox and its a shame because the side lights wash out some of the color and blending in the pictures of the bust but the photos are what they are.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

grassy gnoll posted:

Lameeeeeeeeee I missed it at class

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How crap is this compressor? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TO578Q

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

It's solid. It's what I'm using at the moment but it overheats if I use it full bore for a couple hours

On that front that was my first airbrush as well. It's decent for fuckin around, but I just got a patriot and it blows it out if the water

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 29, 2016

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

It's solid. It's what I'm using at the moment but it overheats if I use it full bore for a couple hours

On that front that was my first airbrush as well. It's decent for fuckin around, but I just got a patriot and it blows it out if the water

How loud does it run?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

goodness posted:

How loud does it run?

It's pretty loud but I don't exactly have a comparison point

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

goodness posted:

How loud does it run?

If you need absolute silence then its not ideal, but if its ok to hear some light vrrrr for 2-3 seconds after a spray then its fine.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I've been painting some rad Star Wars ships. I still can't help myself when it comes to awful colors but I might be sticking some racecar decals on these things so maybe it'd be appropriate.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
noice!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That second one looks like a renegade from Tron, nice work!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chill la Chill posted:

I've been painting some rad Star Wars ships. I still can't help myself when it comes to awful colors but I might be sticking some racecar decals on these things so maybe it'd be appropriate.

These are garish and colorful in the best way, I love em. Racecar decals would definitely be a good move.

I've just been bouncing around and painting characters lately, and I got around to painting one of my favorite old Daemonhunters sculpts:

It took a bit, but after catching up from Thanksgiving festitivities I was able to round out the State Troops into a 20-strong block:

And the unit of 20, all ranked up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Chill la Chill posted:

i especially like the second one a lot. it's one of those things i'd never think to do myself but looks awesome.