Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Tragedienne posted:

Tom Neyman, The Master, has passed away.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=23436

"He has now transcended to become Manos."

But who will take care of the place while they're all gone? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jurassic World riff is live!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watching Fun in Balloon Land. I agree with Kevin: "Is this film legal?!?"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Unfortunately the riff covers up one of the greatest lines. When the little boy shouts that he wants to shake hands with the octopus, the "sea king" literally just says "kay."

It's loving magical.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I never noticed until re-watching Balloon Land that the lady dressed as Mother Goose at the start is the drunk parade announcer in the later section.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love how completely unhinged she sounds by the end of the film.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vicissitude posted:

But who will take care of the place while they're all gone? :(

We will. We are all Torgo.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

GreenNight posted:

I see they are replaying Christmas Rifftrax Live on Thursday Dec 2nd. Any idea when tickets go on sale?
Buried in last page but if you didn't already get it (Dec 1st by the way)

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/rifftrax-holiday/buy

At my theater they never sell out so I'm not really worried about preordering though

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh. I purchased my tickets 2 days ago. But yeah I was the first in the theater.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is the current MST3K thread?

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Where is the current MST3K thread?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784246

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I'm just getting around to the MST3K/Rifftrax reunion show and it's a lot of fun. I didn't think I'd ever be able to watch the faces of death film that is Shake Hands with Danger, but here we are. The 70s film quality really gives it a Zapruder feel.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
Wow they just added a whole butt load of different rifftrax movies to amazon prime.

drat there's Samurai Cop and the Guy from Harlem there amongst a real good selection of their catalog.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Joel posted a pretty big Kickstarter update on the MST3k email that I figured needed to be shared here:

quote:

Your "Black Friday" Bonus Reward!
On Monday, I also promised that – since we didn't have any new episodes ready to show you on Turkey Day – I'd send a special treat on Friday to make it up to you.
And you know, I know it's a treat some of you have been wanting for a long time – maybe even since we first ran this advertisement in The St. Paul Pioneer Press Dispatch on Turkey Day of 1988, when our very first episode, Invaders From the Deep, premiered on KTMA:

So yeah, some of you already guessed it, but let's make it official:
I'm happy to tell you that we finally found master tapes for two of the three "lost KTMA episodes" of MST3K: Invaders from the Deep, and Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars.
I actually thought we had discovered copies of these episodes at one point during the Kickstarter last year, and I was really excited that I'd be able to finally share them with you… and then it turned out that we hadn't found them, and it was a real bummer. But then, earlier this year, a few final boxes turned up. And there they were: the very first episodes of MST3K ever made.

So yeah: If your Kickstarter rewards include any of the "Classic MST3K Bonus Episodes", the two "lost episodes" are now waiting for you – a special "Happy Turkey Day" present from all of us at MST3K. (Just remember, though, these are really old episodes, so I hope you can look at them like a "first draft" of what the show would turn into.)

Just log into your VHX account, and you'll see them in your collection of Classic Episodes. You can stream and download them, whatever you want.
I don't want to give you more reading for today, so I'll just say that I really loved getting a chance to see these early episodes again. You can see Josh and Trace and me just wading into “movie riffing” and starting to play with all the elements and dynamics of the show and the set pieces. Obviously, it’s pretty slow. We didn’t pre-watch any of the films or even attempt to write any jokes; it’s just us, starting out, “blue skying” it.
(Naturally, if I could have known that, almost 30 years later, there would be a group of about 50,000 folks looking at these as a sort of “historical document,” I probably would have tried to find ways to put more time into them. But, as they say, it is what it is.)
Also, I have to tell you: This week was the first time that I’ve watched these in a long time. Seeing them now, I’m so proud we took the leap of faith and tried it. The cast and crew are suiting up in the gear and giving it a whack, and even this early on – as primitive as it is – you can sort of feel where this is all going.
Anyway, I took some notes when I watched them, and I'd like to share those with you. But I thought maybe I'd wait until next week, and give you this weekend to watch them first.
If you do watch, I hope you'll let me and your fellow Revival Leaguers know what you think in the comments. I'll be really interested to hear your take.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Breaker Breaker and man, that's a weird movie. Especially how it just kind of... ends.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I'm just getting around to the MST3K/Rifftrax reunion show and it's a lot of fun. I didn't think I'd ever be able to watch the faces of death film that is Shake Hands with Danger, but here we are. The 70s film quality really gives it a Zapruder feel.

Yeah, I watched it recently as well. The More Dates for Kay one was absolutely fantastic.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd mention that there is a Black Friday deal going on until 7PM PST on Sunday. I hadn't noticed, because Rifftrax is honestly kind of bad at advertising their deals. I wish I knew about the coupon code earlier, as I already spent around 20 dollars on Rifftrax this weekend. I hope this helps someone.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You could send them an email saying you forgot to apply the coupon code.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So with the Cyber Monday deal and the Christmas double-feature this Thursday, here's a guide I wrote up of all the holiday-related movies and shorts RiffTrax has covered.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The double feature Rifftrax live is Thursday. Says it'll be almost 4 hours in length. I hope they have a break in there.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

So, in the past two days, I watched Roller Gator, Alien Outlaw and Zindy the Swamp Boy.

I think my brain has broken.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

So, in the past two days, I watched Roller Gator, Alien Outlaw and Zindy the Swamp Boy.

I think my brain has broken.

Yeah, Roller Gator alone requires at least a two week recovery time.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jackapol posted:

Wow they just added a whole butt load of different rifftrax movies to amazon prime.

drat there's Samurai Cop and the Guy from Harlem there amongst a real good selection of their catalog.
Thank you for mentioning this, watched one last night and am hoping to binge on the rest soon. Saves me from paying money to another subscription to see em

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Megaforce and it kind of bugs me that the Southern guy wears a Confederate flag patch on his uniform.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Megaforce and it kind of bugs me that the Southern guy wears a Confederate flag patch on his uniform.

Either MegaForce takes place in an alternate reality where the Confederacy successfully split from the USA, or it takes place in one where Hazzard County is a sovereign nation.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So I started getting back into my backlog. I wanted to watch one on the train ride to work, so I downloaded the app and got really annoyed that it doesn't do VOD. I don't want to have to download every one I want to watch in advance, and their website sucks on mobile so streaming from it is a pain. So I took matters into my own hands and started to work on third-party app to stream it.

Runs on iOS and Android. Let's you view your library and play a movie. That's it. I still need to get iOS video playback working (a mix of them using webm and not using HTTPS by default makes iOS not like it very much.) but it's working pretty good on Android. I won't put this on the app stores, but once I make it looks nicer and actually work on iOS I'll open source it and put up packages for it if anyone else wants to try it out.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Great initiative but if that doesn't pan out there's an app called VRV coming later that will support RiffTrax. I beta tested it a little and it should certainly be easier to use than the rifftrax website.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Great initiative but if that doesn't pan out there's an app called VRV coming later that will support RiffTrax. I beta tested it a little and it should certainly be easier to use than the rifftrax website.
Already out on PS4 but it looks like Amazon Prime video has about the same selection, so no need for me to spend extra

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I won't be able to make it to the show going on right now. Family stuff. Do they reuse the slides? Do they offer any new codes?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
People usually take pictures of the slides. And if there's new codes or slides someone will let us know.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was worried because of the lack of images but I forgot it was a double feature that'd run until say 10 or 11.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

There wasn't any slides in my theater. Just Fathom commercials.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

GreenNight posted:

There wasn't any slides in my theater. Just Fathom commercials.
We had slides, but :effort:

Also they reused the old Martians code and Santa email address :effort: :effort:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.rifftrax.com/martians

coupon code RHAPSODY for a free short

coupon codes DROPO and MARS combine for 15% off any order

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

Breadallelogram posted:

http://www.rifftrax.com/martians

coupon code RHAPSODY for a free short

Thank you for this; and it has Kevin Murphy singing, too!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Too bad the short is about some no account tree.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't mean this too seriously but Rifftrax should riff an MST3k just to get meta. Maybe just a short.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

The Ape of Naples posted:

I don't mean this too seriously but Rifftrax should riff an MST3k just to get meta. Maybe just a short.

The MST3K guys popped up on Cheap Seats and riffed the Sklars. Oh, how I miss Cheap Seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Oh, how I miss Cheap Seats.
Some of them got deleted but it looks like season 1-4 are on Youtube still

• Locked thread