Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThreeFingerHoek
Feb 6, 2009

i attribute the quarrelsome nature of the middle ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed

harperdc posted:

Keke is cool and has a top-three 'tache in F1 history.

1500quidporsche posted:

Keke is cool as gently caress

In '98 he was still managing Häkkinen when he and Erja started to talk marriage.

Keke was all for it! In fact he was so excited for the young couple that he suggested they get married right then and there, in Monaco, and later have a church ceremony for the families once they got back home.

So that's what they did. Unfortunately Mika's marriage ended in divorce in 2008. However...

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/monaco/family/marriage-partnerships posted:

The default marital regime (régime légal) in Monaco is a marriage out of community of property (séparation de biens).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nico should grow a commemorative tash to celebrate his win.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Nico should do that and also grow his hair as long as his wife's and lighten it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Baron Corbyn posted:

Real talk: "Nico Rosberg will never be Hamilton's equal" is not a controversial statement nor is it bitterness talking. Our Lewis is going to go down in history as one of all time greats, Nico is going to go down in history as the answer to the trivia question "Which driver competed in the most F1 races before winning his first (and only) world championship?"

It was a powerful reminder of Hamilton's class as he managed the gap in S1 to ensure Nico didn't get a DRS tow and then still produce lap after lap as much as 9 seconds down on his pole lap time without getting threatened with an overtake.

There is no questioning that he truly is a cut above, nobody can really disagree with that. But does the BBC's whole F1 page need to be a safe space for grieving Lewis fans?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Cool interview, correct answers.

Is it customary for the ladyfriend to wear the driver's stank rear end driver's suit after a championship win?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

It was a powerful reminder of Hamilton's class as he managed the gap in S1 to ensure Nico didn't get a DRS tow and then still produce lap after lap as much as 9 seconds down on his pole lap time without getting threatened with an overtake.

There is no questioning that he truly is a cut above, nobody can really disagree with that. But does the BBC's whole F1 page need to be a safe space for grieving Lewis fans?

For a tilkedrome with long straights there really wasn't that much passing, Lewis was doing exactly what he needed which most driver's could have pulled off in a dominant car.

It's kind of sad that the merecedes are so far ahead everyone they can putter along and turn it on whenever they need to.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

saving for posterity

5 of the 6 "journalists" say that Nico deserved the championship... the BBC is so pro-Nico, it's a joke

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Keke is the loving man

quote:

Q. How did you react to the race when Lewis was backing Nico up in those final laps?

KR: I took a deep sip from my beer and thought this was going to get hot.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Keke is just so loving cool I really can't wrap my mind around the concept of it to be honest.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

So.. it's been 24 hours.. when do we start the off-season thread?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico is now officially one of the greats by virtue of having a cool dad and making the #blessed fans have a cry.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ThreeFingerHoek posted:

In '98 he was still managing Häkkinen when he and Erja started to talk marriage.

Keke was all for it! In fact he was so excited for the young couple that he suggested they get married right then and there, in Monaco, and later have a church ceremony for the families once they got back home.

So that's what they did. Unfortunately Mika's marriage ended in divorce in 2008. However...

Does Monaco have weird marriage laws or something? I don't get it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

It was what I hoped

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Under Monaco law the marriage does not combine personal assets, only things "bought together". In Finland the default is 50/50 split in divorce of all assets, and even the prenups can be successfully contested if the distribution of wealth would be very unfair to the other party.

So basically Keke ensured that Erja Häkkinen got jack poo poo when she divorced Mika (ok I read somewhere that Mika gave in into relatively small lump sum of money instead of 50c out of every euro he had ever made).

That's good managering by Keke

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Keke owns. I'm glad he gets to be a happy dad today.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I hope Keke is still around in 20 years or so to see his granddaughter become WDC too.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

F1 2016 is in the steam sale if you want to create a season that didn't suck.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Get Motorsport Manager and ruin title races with team orders and negative tactics like me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Keke is the loving man

Behold, the exact loving reason why Nico winning the title is a good thing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Behold, the exact loving reason why Nico winning the title is a good thing.

We finally got Are Rossie back from his media black out, fresh with Cool And Good opinions.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

saving for posterity

petulant brexiteers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Finally this thread sees the light.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Just to drive home how close this championship was...

2016:
Nico: 385 - 9 wins - 1 retirement
Lewis: 380 - 10 wins - 2 retirements

2015:
Lewis: 381 - 10 wins - 1 retirement
Nico: 322 - 6 wins - 2 retirements

2014:
Lewis: 384 - 11 wins (Also double points for last race. Remember that stupid poo poo?) - 3 retirements
Nico: 317 - 5 wins - essentially 3 retirements due to his car packing in on the final race but he was determined to finish anyway.

Both drivers did a loving fantastic job this year, in my opinion. I'm confident that Nico will be on this same level next year and we'll see a fantastic championship fight, especially for the RB and Ferrari cars are up to snuff too.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The average wealth and earnings of Monegasques is obscene. I doubt they're in the habit of giving half their poo poo up in the event of getting a divorce.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Der Kyhe posted:

Under Monaco law the marriage does not combine personal assets, only things "bought together". In Finland the default is 50/50 split in divorce of all assets, and even the prenups can be successfully contested if the distribution of wealth would be very unfair to the other party.

So basically Keke ensured that Erja Häkkinen got jack poo poo when she divorced Mika (ok I read somewhere that Mika gave in into relatively small lump sum of money instead of 50c out of every euro he had ever made).

That's good managering by Keke

Keke's stache owns

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

julian assflange posted:

Get Motorsport Manager and ruin title races with team orders and negative tactics like me

Is that game any good? I haven't played Football Manager in a long time but Motorsport seems fun.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Eyud posted:

I hope Keke is still around in 20 years or so to see his granddaughter become WDC too.

Baby Massa WDC 2032

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Finally this thread sees the light.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Neodoomium posted:

Is that game any good? I haven't played Football Manager in a long time but Motorsport seems fun.

It's most excellent and they just patched out some of the launch foibles. I have a boring thread in Games about it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I am gladdened at this sudden turn of events. This is a good week

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Said Lewis to Are Rossie

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

El Hefe posted:

His name now is Nico Bossberg btw refer to him as such

Lewis is now Poois Shamilton

Ross the Boss!

Pirate Radar posted:

No sorry let me try this from the other perspective: beep boop I am Lewis Hamilton, a machine that only exists to secure WDC points, and min-maxing my racing points is the only thing I am capable of. I intentionally backed my teammate into the field and pretended nothing unusual was happening because numbers govern my entire existence.

Beep-boop min-maxing is just the world we live in now, thanks to that Brad Pitt baseball movie. Basically in anything where you compete against an opponent, someone has figured out the mathematical advantage and will use that tactic. It's legit and a viable strategy, even though it isn't more fun or entertaining. Lewis backing up Nico was his only real chance to fluke into the WDC so he gave it a try. I'd be among the last to defend Lewis for anything, but in this case I don't see a problem with how he handled the race.

Nico is a fairly boring champion, but he won it fair and square, and I'm glad Lewis didn't bring home another one because I dislike him on a personal level (although I can also admit he's very good at driving the race cars).

F1 2016: Well done, Baku.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nobody did anything wrong . Nico drove a solid "oh gently caress not Verstappen please Gott Not verstappen" race, Lewis tried his one wild card shot at winning the race, and Mercades tried to protect the 1 2 because they had promised the big bosses that they would win the WCC with more points than last year.

The only losers here are the poo poo midfield teams, who used the ludicrous voting system to utterly gimp engine development which meant that the 3 out of 4 works teams/suppliers who made some wrong decisions in the first few months got hosed over for the next three years.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CratSock posted:

Ross the Boss!

I like how you think my friend. I like how you think.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nico is a better racing driver than Vettel.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico is honestly a really good driver, he beat both Schumacher and Hamilton, who else can say that?

And his confidence is only going to be improved next season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's going to come out of the gates swinging next year. Pretty much all drivers improve after the first WDC since all the pressure us off and Rosberg drove the last quarter of the season extremely conservatively largely because he didn't have a WDC and didn't want to take any risks. If Lewis genuinely thinks that it was bad luck this year and he's going to lay back during the off season then he's pretty hosed for next year.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

GramCracker posted:

Keke is the loving man

I also climaxed here while reading the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

He's going to come out of the gates swinging next year. Pretty much all drivers improve after the first WDC since all the pressure us off and Rosberg drove the last quarter of the season extremely conservatively largely because he didn't have a WDC and didn't want to take any risks. If Lewis genuinely thinks that it was bad luck this year and he's going to lay back during the off season then he's pretty hosed for next year.

There's 0 chance he'll be WDC next year.

• Locked thread