Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I would also kneecap all the starliner flight attendants because what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After skimming 500 something posts I have to say that the new subforum name couldn't be more fitting.

oh and before I forget

D_Smart posted:

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also true. I completely forgot about the "magical bullshit from nothing" approach to game development. Problem solved!

I love the phrase "leverage subsumption and procedural tech", it can be used for everything

If you guys see it on reddit it's 100% me every time

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

AP posted:

Sale fever, their best day ever. Yesterday's special offers below.

Look at this poo poo. This has been going on for four years lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just another reminder of how Star Citizen is hosed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumZLwFXJqE

CIG's approach is to not only let players generate UEC in game, but also purchase UEC directly from CIG at a fixed rate that is already supposedly out of touch with even their own bloated ship sales.

Don't forget pre-selling almost $140,000,000,000 UEC at their $1 = 1000 UEC exchange rate, which is money that no longer needs to be spent in game and effectively dumps the currency on the economy with no use now that the UEC money sinks have been sold for years now with no signs of stopping.

This is good for Star Citizen because

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Owns.

Someone send this to Croberts, I want to watch his 25 minute hand-flailing explanation of how they are gonna put ship to ship melee in a game that doesn't even have person to person melee.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Owns.

Someone send this to Croberts, I want to watch his 25 minute hand-flailing explanation of how they are gonna put ship to ship melee in a game that doesn't even have person to person melee.

Ship to ship melee is already in the game, stop spreading FUD.

scythe.jpeg

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

He has a point, Chris Roberts never said Star Marine was canceled, what he said was that it was already in the game. Since we have all seen* that Star Marine is in the game he didn't lie, in retrospect.

It's like Chris' 2014 claim that SC development started in 2013 trumps Chris' 2012 claim that it started in 2011

None of those claims, of course, can be used to disprove Chris' 2017 claim that development started in 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Ship to ship melee is already in the game, stop spreading FUD.

scythe.jpeg

:laffo: I still can't believe all their badguy ships have loving Bowie knives on them for murdilating state of the art space jet fighters.

I gotta go rewatch that :pgabz: video with the ironing board now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also:

Xaerael posted:

:frogsiren: :catdrugs: Cookies in the oven :catdrugs: :frogsiren:

Today is a great day for the cookie industry. Down with giant cookie companies and their identically fun and edible yearly releases, I say!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

some dude posted:

The work ethic is such a central part of the American character that it’s hard to imagine it fading. But that’s what seems to be happening in one important part of the labor force. Among men 25 to 54 — so-called prime-age male workers — about 1 in 8 are dropouts. They don’t have a job and, unlike the officially unemployed, aren’t looking for one. They number about 7 million.

Just what role, if any, these nonworking men play in Star Citizen's development is unclear. What’s not unclear is that these dropouts, after being ignored for years, have suddenly become a hot topic of scholarly study and political debate. There’s been a sea change. In the mid-1960s, only 1 in 29 prime-age male workers was a dropout. The explosion of dropouts strikes many observers as dire.

The “detachment of so many adult American men from the reality and routines of regular paid labor . . . can only result in lower living standards, greater economic disparities, and slower economic growth,” writes Nicholas Eberstadt of the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

I actually believe there's a lot to this, they tap into a population of millions of unnecessary and unemployable dudes who've never felt needed by anyone before in their lives

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
How fast can you make 37 babies with 15 virgins? Game development takes time

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The version of reality that these guys exist in, is vastly different from ours. Especially as it pertains to claims which were never made.

In other news, apparently CIG/RSI never gave a release date for the project. Like - at all.

Also, no way in hell all these fluff articles are by CIG/RSI. No, they're subversive efforts by publishers and Derek Smart

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, I really want a "FUD Spinster" gangtag now...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

How fast can you make 37 babies with 15 virgins? Game development takes time

In the context of this thread, all of those virgins will be dudes

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Actually, I didn't insult you, you really do like sitting on porches and also if you knew anything about the theory of evolution...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is like that Norwegian guy pretending to be a little girl offense.

They went from a "Hello I'm new to the Chris Roberts world" narrative to a "I been a long time fan of Chris Roberts work ever since daddy let me play it on his 'puter when I was a wee child" narrative.
These people expose themselves for the fraud they are by their own compulsive behavior to prove to others their fabricated narrative.

Kind of like some people here.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr Fronts posted:

End result:

No-pants space traveller with their wrists rotating slowly in impossible directions, stuck waist-deep in the cargo bay floor, with a fabulously deep backstory.

This is what I was thinking. It's a good thing his character was at least male, or he'd be really screwed too. I guess the guy is a writer though with a book, I didn't google how good it may be though. Role players are a primary target for CIG because they don't need to actually make a game for them to have their fun.

That dude probably has a fleet of ships and approximately 0.0 hours actually playing the game. Perfect Citizen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Don't forget pre-selling almost $140,000,000,000 UEC at their $1 = 1000 UEC exchange rate, which is money that no longer needs to be spent in game and effectively dumps the currency on the economy with no use now that the UEC money sinks have been sold for years now with no signs of stopping.

This is good for Star Citizen because

Just make another currency type like pirate cash or whatever.

Then also sell that for cash :homebrew:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
when will we be able to start earning uec and buying ships in game?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Problem: Super Hornet too powerful in PvE and PvP. Gun setup, missile load-out and agility severely outperform comparable ships.
Balancing Fix: Increased price to USD 250.00. You're welcome.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:nallears:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Skipped to the end of the thread because FYAD is the :reddit: of SA. Complete with racists, pedophiles, and furries. They're dumb and their gimmicky posting is bad.

This sale is poo poo, game's poo poo. Glad I got out. Thread drama was funny, then unfunny, then just sad as some dipshit was trying to curry favor with posters in some lovely subforum similar to :reddit: with "look guys I'm cool too" kinda posting.

Whatever, bring on the failcascade of SC please, I want off this train.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

trucutru posted:

What's weird about that? There are a few hundred thousand backers, most of them in the 35-45 age range and of the goony goon who never exercises variety. Imagine an army of Bens, some of them have already kicked the space bucket.

No, I mean the backers not giving a poo poo part

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Thronde posted:

Skipped to the end of the thread because FYAD is the :reddit: of SA. Complete with racists, pedophiles, and furries. They're dumb and their gimmicky posting is bad.

This sale is poo poo, game's poo poo. Glad I got out. Thread drama was funny, then unfunny, then just sad as some dipshit was trying to curry favor with posters in some lovely subforum similar to :reddit: with "look guys I'm cool too" kinda posting.

Whatever, bring on the failcascade of SC please, I want off this train.

actually this thread is reddit

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I actually believe there's a lot to this, they tap into a population of millions of unnecessary and unemployable dudes who've never felt needed by anyone before in their lives

For those who don't know, this is similar to japan's 'Hikkikomori' phenomenon that has its origins in the 1991 economic crash and subsequent 'Lost Decade', now lost 20 years. Also see, lost generation. Wikipedia, as usual, has an article detailing it, and the ways our current situation mimics theirs is kinda spooky. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

No, Croberts would send him a mail saying "how much you have to live? 6 months? lucky for you 3.0 will be out in 4 months, you should get one of those ships with a hot tub so you can rest your cancer ridden body, some cancer backers have reported that Star Citizen is better chemo than some triple AAA treatments".

This is horrible but made me laugh. :)

It made me laugh because I was thinking "and what would a used car salesman do in that situation?" And what you came up with is pretty much perfect. Heartless, empty, void of compassion knowing his project is a disaster.

Right up until the crippled launch of the MVP, it will continue to be great. Though it's grossly over budget, hugely late, oceans of missing content, and more broken than Lego bricks after going through an industrial meat grinder.

But people will support it. Maybe FYAD will spite buy into it to help kill the thread. Every purchase stops us a little more after all.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

For those who don't know, this is similar to japan's 'Hikkikomori' phenomenon that has its origins in the 1991 economic crash and subsequent 'Lost Decade', now lost 20 years. Also see, lost generation. Wikipedia, as usual, has an article detailing it, and the ways our current situation mimics theirs is kinda spooky. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Except instead of *dreams* you got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNB6O_ztNk

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

This is like that Norwegian guy pretending to be a little girl offense.

They went from a "Hello I'm new to the Chris Roberts world" narrative to a "I been a long time fan of Chris Roberts work ever since daddy let me play it on his 'puter when I was a wee child" narrative.
These people expose themselves for the fraud they are by their own compulsive behavior to prove to others their fabricated narrative.

Kind of like some people here.

The joke is on you, there never was a Norwegian dude. Deloria's :woof: drafted a public statement that puts all these baseless accusations to rest.

I'd post it here but I'm not sure if it would fall under doxxing?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

The joke is on you, there never was a Norwegian dude. Deloria's :woof: drafted a public statement that puts all these baseless accusations to rest.

Let's err on the side of caution and just not, probably.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

OH GOD HE FEELS HARASSED

I can't tell who I'm rooting for, without further context they both look like assholes.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

MeLKoR posted:

"i want to post personal information about people i don't like online" said the poster in the thread that is mad people are telling them doxxing is bad

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's like Chris' 2014 claim that SC development started in 2013 trumps Chris' 2012 claim that it started in 2011

None of those claims, of course, can be used to disprove Chris' 2017 claim that development started in 2015

FOOL! THERE IS NO DEVELOPMENT! They are still building the business. That takes a while, you know. You clearly understand nothing of entrepreneurship development.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

MeLKoR posted:

Don't post it here, but posting this here was hilarious. I love when people make whole families of sock puppets to verify the identity of their sock puppet.

Somebody tell "Siobahn's" parents that they spelled her name wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Generation Internet posted:

"i want to post personal information about people i don't like online" said the poster in the thread that is mad people are telling them doxxing is bad

You people are getting somewhat boring

• Locked thread