Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cage-free egghead posted:

Edit: So Watch Dogs 2 is another good sequel? Did they add or refine any of the cool multiplayer bits that were kinda messy with the last one?

I think they kinda shifted the balance of invasions to favor the invaded because it's now a ton easier to scan large swathes of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol goons pretending that they didn't know nancy boys is talking about gay people, literally the lamest defense

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

You're right, there's so many things I wish I was able to hover over for a tooltip (sometimes you kind of can, but not always).

I do have that issue I always have with these kind of games where I love it, love it and then they introduce one mechanic too many for my taste (here, camping) and I lose interest, but this is on me, not the game.

Yeah I can kinda see that, and the fact that upgrading said camping skills is one of the more expensive things you can do is bizarre considering it doesn't even come up that much, but I can see what they were going for since dungeons that are more than eight rooms long need some way to heal up. Maybe some sort of restorative font but that would almost be too easy for a game built around loving you.

I had to laugh though when my vestal character finally hit Lvl 3 and refused to go on low-level missions anymore. Talk about a game that punches you in the dick.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MZ posted:

A recent update has reduced the HDR input lag to around 22ms so it's even better now.

Really enjoying Dishonored 2, shame it came out the same time as lots of other big games this year so is actually down on sales from the original.

Sweet!

I also like d2 but by the end i soured on it. The stealth mechanics arent good enough imo to make ghost runs enjoyable but the combat is so simple that getting caught by a mob of dudes isnt much fun either once you know they cant really touch you if you parry well.

Im going to try another run with the other character to see if i still feel the same way. The story is pretty rough but i did like the level design a lot. The final boss was pretty lazy though.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So is the Brotherhood anime required watching before playing FFXV? I keep meaning to watch it but hadn't gotten around to it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morby posted:

So is the Brotherhood anime required watching before playing FFXV? I keep meaning to watch it but hadn't gotten around to it.

No, neither Kingsglave or the anime are required watching. They just flesh out some stuff that's otherwise just mentioned AFAIK.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

No, neither Kingsglave or the anime are required watching. They just flesh out some stuff that's otherwise just mentioned AFAIK.

what are some of the key takeaways from the movie/anime that you think would be cool to know

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CharlestonJew posted:

what are some of the key takeaways from the movie/anime that you think would be cool to know

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCce7FrcvqY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The city of Insomnia is the capital of Lucis. This once-great country is protected by a giant great wall erected through the force of will of its head of state, and people are distrustful of immigrants

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Edit: So Watch Dogs 2 is another good sequel? Did they add or refine any of the cool multiplayer bits that were kinda messy with the last one?

I haven't dived into all of the multiplayer stuff but there are more cool things where other players can invade your game and vice versa. I was playing yesterday and had a 4 star wanted level, so the cops called in other players to assist in bringing me down. I also like that the game will now seamlessly drop in players for you to hack if they are nearby so you don't specifically have to initiate a hack and warp across the map, although that is still possible.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 28, 2016

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Sorry to go back to TV chat once again, but I just found this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/11/21/lg-responds-to-hdr-gaming-petitions-champagne-at-the-ready/#350cae9f4bb8 that says LG have stated they are going to address the input lag issue for their OLED HDR TVs, so I'm gonna wait it out and see exactly how much they can improve it. Fingers crossed!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

So Watch Dogs 2 is another good sequel? Did they add or refine any of the cool multiplayer bits that were kinda messy with the last one?

The multiplayer is now (optionally) seamless, which makes it way cool. As you're playing single player other people will seamlessly pop into your world for co-op and PVP. Invading needs a balance fix but it's still really fun if you redefine success as getting profiled and escaping alive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

The multiplayer is now (optionally) seamless, which makes it way cool. As you're playing single player other people will seamlessly pop into your world for co-op and PVP. Invading needs a balance fix but it's still really fun if you redefine success as getting profiled and escaping alive.

Yeah, the multiplayer is the best part of WD2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So wait, is that The Division - Survival expansion thing out? I'm not seeing it on PSN.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Feenix posted:

So wait, is that The Division - Survival expansion thing out? I'm not seeing it on PSN.

December 20th, the 1.5 patch drops tomorrow though.

Thanks for the opinions on Watch Dogs 2, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Will have to pick it up later.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

December 20th, the 1.5 patch drops tomorrow though.

Thanks for the opinions on Watch Dogs 2, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Will have to pick it up later.

oh ok! No worries. I thought it was out since I saw some like gameplay youtubes and stuff.

Coolio.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

They still have an Xbone timed release deal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlestonJew posted:

Noct don't dig lettuce on his burgers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol goons pretending that they didn't know nancy boys is talking about gay people, literally the lamest defense

my dude, are you not familiar with the greatest thing in games history, the goon who got extremely mad when he accidentally took the gay male perk in fallout new vegas because he thought it was about "chilling out and being bros"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rabidsquid posted:

my dude, are you not familiar with the greatest thing in games history, the goon who got extremely mad when he accidentally took the gay male perk in fallout new vegas because he thought it was about "chilling out and being bros"

Was he taking da joose at the same time

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Ahahahahah

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah that's probably the greatest thing ever in Games. I wish I had archives for that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

please copy/paste that post

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMovlvGGrg

the 5 steps you need to do to get proper hdr on a 2016 samsung.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I mean, that's not inaccurate.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

rabidsquid posted:

its a good thing he didn't find the JO crystal accessory

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I remember that and it remains the best thing ever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i also wish i had archives for that, i remember asking a friend if they remembered that post and they dug it up but this was a few years ago and the original thread may have still even been alive at the time. i have to assume the current new vegas thread, if there is one, isn't that original thread though

anyone that does have archives please find it and post it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just noticed PSX is this weekend

Will we get Final Fantasy 7 again or Marvel vs Capcom 4

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I remember that and it remains the best thing ever.

Link please

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Someone plz

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMovlvGGrg

the 5 steps you need to do to get proper hdr on a 2016 samsung.
I'm trying this and it won't set up - says not available. I have a PS Pro and PSVR, don't both of those come with the necessary HDMI cable to get UHD color?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PSVR kills HDR, brilliant design by Sony.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Harlock posted:

I just noticed PSX is this weekend

Will we get Final Fantasy 7 again

:pray:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Well you see, it would have cost them 3 cents more and you're just going to buy the upgraded HDR box next year if you still care about VR anyway so lol

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Oh goddamnit

e: I guess I can run the pro directly to the tv and only plug in the VR unit when I'm gonna use it but poo poo

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I know I will probably upgrade to a psPro down the road, but I got a ps4 uncharted bundle for 205$ after tax. Man I love discounts.

Edit: drat mobile posting.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You're gonna upgrade to PSVR Pro in 2 years just so you don't have to swap HDMI cables

• Locked thread