Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there anything in the alolan pokedex that counters tapu koko?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Toastymcfly posted:

drat man, thank you! Just added you and on now. I only have about an hour but I'll be on later if it doesn't work for you. Also anything in particular you want out of the first two island mons? I feel bad I can't offer anything in return.

Ok, going online. And nah, I don't really need anything.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

In my experience, no

Trick Roomed Earthquake maybe

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

How on Earth did a Tapu Lele outspeed my max speed EV Salazzle?

is your salazzle a -spd nature? if so, and if lele is +spd and max spd evs, it can outspeed your salazzle

alt, trick room, quick claw, paralyze

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Dugtrio, maybe? Tapu Koko probably has better stats, but the type matchup should work.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

lightning rod marowak-a

koko has literally nothing in his kit to deal with him outside of the few flying moves he gets, which are trash, and steel wing, which isn't stab and also loses to fire so you'll be fine and can counter with eq

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

is your salazzle a -spd nature? if so, and if lele is +spd and max spd evs, it can outspeed your salazzle

alt, trick room, quick claw, paralyze

It's +spd nature

Also no trick room, not paralyzed, no quick claw. Would choice scarf Lele do it I wonder? That's basically the only possibility right? I reckon Battle Spot does a check of some sort to make sure stats are wrong

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Aww yeah shiny cutiefly

With honey gather.

How much are ability capsules

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

It's +spd nature

Also no trick room, not paralyzed, no quick claw. Would choice scarf Lele do it I wonder? That's basically the only possibility right? I reckon Battle Spot does a check of some sort to make sure stats are wrong

e: i was wrong, scarf does let it win, my bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lightning rod marowak-a

koko has literally nothing in his kit to deal with him outside of the few flying moves he gets, which are trash, and steel wing, which isn't stab and also loses to fire so you'll be fine and can counter with eq

Thanks, I'll replace one of my underperformers with Marowak

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

no, scarf would still not bring it above what it would need to outspeed +spd salazzle

did it get passed any +speed stats through bpass?

After your edit:

Ah ok, that makes sense then

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

Nope.

I'm gonna watch the replay in a minute to make sure I'm not seeing this wrong but it really pissed me off because I would've had a double kill on Koko and Lele with a Sludge Wave

i was wrong, scarf lets it outspeed salazzle

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

Ok, going online. And nah, I don't really need anything.

drat man, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Now team ghost (plus pretty ice fox) can stomp the game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-485049997

My Mimikyu team's shaping up nicely. Mimikyu's not really the star of the team anymore I guess but I think he's a great tempo swing tool. Also made bad plays here and there but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

And I love Tapu Fini so, so much.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Toastymcfly posted:

drat man, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Now team ghost (plus pretty ice fox) can stomp the game.

No worries! The last egg is Beldum, just in case. :v:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

i was wrong, scarf lets it outspeed salazzle

Oh word, that's it then

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Is there anything that would cause my pokemon to not be listed on GTS or something?

I'm like 5 pokemon away from completing the alolan dex and I've been trying to trade my extra UBs (Buzzswole/Kartana) for Celesteela & Pheromosa. But it's been hours and no bites. And when I look those up and see one up for one of my UBs I get the "it's been traded" so it can't be that I just have a bad deal up. Wonder trades still work just fine and trading pokemon worked fine up until now. :confused:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

Thanks, I'll replace one of my underperformers with Marowak

fun things marowak-a counters that you will see a lot of: tapu koko, xurkitree, alolan raichu

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Clocks posted:

Is there anything that would cause my pokemon to not be listed on GTS or something?

I'm like 5 pokemon away from completing the alolan dex and I've been trying to trade my extra UBs (Buzzswole/Kartana) for Celesteela & Pheromosa. But it's been hours and no bites. And when I look those up and see one up for one of my UBs I get the "it's been traded" so it can't be that I just have a bad deal up. Wonder trades still work just fine and trading pokemon worked fine up until now. :confused:

If you just want to get the dex done quickly, we can do the back and forth trade with those and any other legendaries/UBs you need.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

bulky decidueye, bulu, and sp.def alolan marowak can handle non-brave bird koko

magnezone and eviolite magneton can outmuscle it and don''t care about its stab or coverage

any bulky ground type that isn't weak to fairy can take one of its mediocre dazzling gleams and pop it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If you don't care about nature, I can toss one of my spare Pheromosas for Buzzwole tonight.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tapu koko is gonna be on struggle street when pokebank drops and we get our lord hippowdon

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ruggington posted:

sp.def alolan marowak can handle non-brave bird koko

dont even need spdef

252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marowak: 25-30 (18.5 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

e:

252 Atk Tapu Koko Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 58-69 (42.9 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

It is some incredible scum of the earth stuff to disconnect in Battle Spot when you're losing

How is there no instant loss for a DC?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

It is some incredible scum of the earth stuff to disconnect in Battle Spot when you're losing

because they're cowards, op

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

4 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 84-102 (20.7 - 25.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

blessed

dont even need spdef

252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marowak: 25-30 (18.5 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

e:

252 Atk Tapu Koko Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 58-69 (42.9 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO

effed up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

I remember reading that the quitter penalty for this gen of games is super harsh, like 72 hour bans.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Sheesh, the Battle Tree is scarily good at exploiting any holes in your team composition.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

No worries! The last egg is Beldum, just in case. :v:

Thanks! Beldum has always eluded me for one reason or another.

Side note: can I be the billionth person to gush over mimikyu? It's amazingly put together. Out of all the Not-chus out there that were never popular, who knew just recreating pikachu would be such a hit. It's just got so much character.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Currently Pickup Farming for a Destiny Knot. It's fun trying to figure out whether I'll get a Snorlax/Persian or a Destiny Knot first.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Sheesh, the Battle Tree is scarily good at exploiting any holes in your team composition.

Let me tell you about the Mega Sharpedo that is a hard counter to my team of Togekiss-Hydreigon-Mega Metagross. It was packing Poison Fang, Ice Fang and Crunch, which left me with jack poo poo for options. :negative:

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Eagle posted:

Aww yeah shiny cutiefly

With honey gather.

How much are ability capsules

I think they are 100BP.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Is there an easier way to get an extra King's Rock than repeatedly thiefing wild Hariyama?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Senerio posted:

Currently Pickup Farming for a Destiny Knot. It's fun trying to figure out whether I'll get a Snorlax/Persian or a Destiny Knot first.
You should hit up kojei if any of that stack of Rowlets with Destiny Knots are left. I gave up on my Knot farming after an hour with 5 Pickup mons on my team :shepicide:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
What's the best way of levelling up a single mon quickly? I just need my Alakazam up like 10 levels so it learns Trick. The Pelago feels like it'd take an age. Random battles outside the battle tree maybe?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I found a Shiny Oricorio while leveling up mons to fill out the Pokedex. Still the rudest bird when it comes to capture rates and had to settle on a Repeat Ball instead of something cool. I'm tempted to used this on my team for shits and giggles. What's the best type?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

I found a Shiny Oricorio while leveling up mons to fill out the Pokedex. Still the rudest bird when it comes to capture rates and had to settle on a Repeat Ball instead of something cool. I'm tempted to used this on my team for shits and giggles. What's the best type?

Probably ghost or electric but I'm building a doubles team around the fire one because the shiny form looks so cool.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What's the best way of levelling up a single mon quickly? I just need my Alakazam up like 10 levels so it learns Trick. The Pelago feels like it'd take an age. Random battles outside the battle tree maybe?

The classic standard is to drag it through the Elite 4 a few times.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Elite 4 spam, Battle Buffet, the daily fight against the Game Freak guy, Rare Kitchen if you have it in the Plaza but nobody does so I'm not blaming you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

If you just want to get the dex done quickly, we can do the back and forth trade with those and any other legendaries/UBs you need.

You know, that would be great. I sent you a PM with my friend code and the pokemon I still need to see, so maybe we can work something out!